HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Sather the worst GM in all of sports?

Old
01-17-2007, 08:18 PM
blandBob

vCash: 500
Hi ProudToBeAHabFan, and everyone else
I've been a die-hard Rangers fan for 41 years. Seen lots of good players, love the Rangers, my team til I die (though the may cause this to occur sooner rather than later)

Rejean Houle was a great player, maybe not so good in management, and it must have pissed you off to see time wasted like that. Glen Sather was a marginal player, and in my opinion, an even worse GM, president of whatever, and so on.
His success in Edmonton was due to the fact that the stars aligned; he had multiple players of utmost talent dropped in his lap. All he had to do was stay out of their way. He is really just a fraud and the fact he is so unaccountable just makes it worse.

There is no way that a talented manager would have the record that he holds since leaving the Oiler organization. It simply proves he is no good. Unfortunately, he's a symptom of the New York Rangers organization right now. Incompetence and/or disinterest is okay there, going right down the chute from the owners to some of the players. It's all okay with them. I think Renney actually cares, but he is actually not that good a coach. What a shame to waste the talents of the very good scouting organization that the Rangers have.
As a Habs fan, you've had the benefit of owners who KNOW they can't ******** the fans, or there might be pitchforks and torches in the streets. Even though the Rangers fans that I know from another board are smart hockey people, they get no respect from the owners.
It's all bad in RangerLand until Sather either quits, is fired, or simply falls asleep upstairs watching the Rangers and doesn't wake up.

By the way, my coworker two cubicles away coached Michael Ryder in the past, knows him and his brother very well. He says watch out for Daniel, he'll be incredible.

blandBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2007, 08:29 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PogueMahone View Post
Hi ProudToBeAHabFan, and everyone else
I've been a die-hard Rangers fan for 41 years. Seen lots of good players, love the Rangers, my team til I die (though the may cause this to occur sooner rather than later)

Rejean Houle was a great player, maybe not so good in management, and it must have pissed you off to see time wasted like that. Glen Sather was a marginal player, and in my opinion, an even worse GM, president of whatever, and so on.
His success in Edmonton was due to the fact that the stars aligned; he had multiple players of utmost talent dropped in his lap. All he had to do was stay out of their way. He is really just a fraud and the fact he is so unaccountable just makes it worse.

There is no way that a talented manager would have the record that he holds since leaving the Oiler organization. It simply proves he is no good. Unfortunately, he's a symptom of the New York Rangers organization right now. Incompetence and/or disinterest is okay there, going right down the chute from the owners to some of the players. It's all okay with them. I think Renney actually cares, but he is actually not that good a coach. What a shame to waste the talents of the very good scouting organization that the Rangers have.
As a Habs fan, you've had the benefit of owners who KNOW they can't ******** the fans, or there might be pitchforks and torches in the streets. Even though the Rangers fans that I know from another board are smart hockey people, they get no respect from the owners.
It's all bad in RangerLand until Sather either quits, is fired, or simply falls asleep upstairs watching the Rangers and doesn't wake up.

By the way, my coworker two cubicles away coached Michael Ryder in the past, knows him and his brother very well. He says watch out for Daniel, he'll be incredible.
Thanks for the post, Mahone. I have to agree with pretty much everything you said here, all points are valid.

Hopefully when my Rangers fandom reaches 41 years, we'll have had more consistent success .

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2007, 08:42 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Thanks for the post, Mahone. I have to agree with pretty much everything you said here, all points are valid.

Hopefully when my Rangers fandom reaches 41 years, we'll have had more consistent success .
20 more years for me to hit that mark, and they better have a few more cups by then.

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2007, 08:02 PM
dedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13
Speaking of the draft table - I wonder what was going through Slats mind watching Parise & Zajac on the ice last night....
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarretJoseph View Post
I'm guessing "Opps, my Bad"
That would mean Sather admitting an error.

I'm guessing: "Sometimes you have to be a lion."

dedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2007, 08:20 PM
Fletch

dedalus...

it was more like 'I didn't run that draft...'.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote