Notices

Gameday: Wild @ Kings - 2004-01-26

Closed Thread

Old
01-26-2004, 06:02 PM
ceber

vCash: 500
Gameday: Wild @ Kings - 2004-01-26

The roadtrip continues. Last time we played the Kings it ended in a 2-2 tie with Roloson stopping 40+ shots, I think. I have a feeling our goalie will need to be sharp again. Both Zyuzin and Gaborik are out again tonight. Thursday may be the day they come back. After the loss to the Sharks the team held another meeting, to discuss things such as helping each other out and sticking together, trying to get back in synch. Last time they held a meeting they went on that unbeaten streak (lots of ties, but unbeaten is unbeaten). Maybe we'll see a spark tonight? We're all but eliminated from making the playoffs now, so hopefully they can worry less about the score and more about the little parts that make up the game. I wouldn't mind losing as long as they don't look so terrible doing it.

Kings 3, Wild 1.

Old
01-26-2004, 08:12 PM
NyCoN
Instant Contender

I have to agree with you ceber that we are virtualy out of the playoffs barring some huge turnaround and alot of other teams losing. Which with our injury situation, I don't think it's going to happen.

I think the Kings will want to more then us tonight. I'll have to say 4-2 Kings with an empty net goal for the Kings.

Wild goals: Wanvig(oh yeah he got sent down for the *** 352nd time this year. :mad: ) I'll have to say: Kuba, Dowd

Old
01-26-2004, 10:55 PM
Kristofer

5-1 Kings.
Michalek Scores.!!.

Old
01-26-2004, 11:17 PM
theo6060

I guess I may be the only optomist around here. Only 6 points out of 8th and only 48 games in. But it will be tough. I'll go with an ever-popular 2-2 tie. I too will go with Michalek and Bouchard.

Old
01-27-2004, 12:46 AM
ceber

Quote:
Originally Posted by theo6060
I guess I may be the only optomist around here. Only 6 points out of 8th and only 48 games in. But it will be tough. I'll go with an ever-popular 2-2 tie. I too will go with Michalek and Bouchard.
I'm usually pretty "glass half-full" but I figure it's going to take something near 90 points to be sniffing for that 8th seed. We've got 48 points with what.. 31 games remaining? That's .677 hockey we'll have to play (if I did the math correctly). Certainly possible.. doesn't seem too probable, though. We'll have to see a major turnaround pretty soon. Perhaps tonight is the night it starts!

Old
01-27-2004, 02:23 AM
thestonedkoala

vCash:
Well Anaheim had 6-2, San Jose had 4-0...I'll say 2- -2 LOL

Old
01-27-2004, 03:22 AM
Sideshow

Bouchard won't score...he doesn't get the chance to. Hell, he's only played 3:48 through the first period. He's just under-utilized in this system played here.

Old
01-27-2004, 05:34 AM
jfont

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by theo6060
amazing!

01-27-2004, 06:50 AM
ceber

Well, it wasn't an ugly loss. Wasn't even that bad a tie, I'd say. Much better play than the last couple of games, I thought. That 5-on-3 in the first seemed to take a lot out of the guys, and the Kings first goal gave them a pretty good spark. Rest of the night was just "hang on" mostly, it seemed. Our goals were nice, at least.

Bouchard's ice time wasn't great, but he got more than Brunette or Burns, so he was tops for forwards whose last names start with "B." Also, he did get a shot off in the second. Bit of a weak one, but still. He's still learning, I'd say. Every once in a while he makes a poor choice out there. I do get a little frustrated with the "bring 'em along slowly" approach sometimes..I'd like to see him in more games. I'll send an email.

Oh, and Brunette was NHL.com's 3rd star for the night. Woohoo!

Old
01-27-2004, 01:25 PM
NyCoN
Instant Contender

I only watched the 1st period.(d*mn late games!) They looked pretty good in the first. I was disappointed this morning to hear they were up 2-0 and ended up tieing. The winning needs to start happening real soon. Especially against Western Conference teams.

Old
01-27-2004, 03:45 PM
Surly Furious

vCash: 528
Pretty entertaining game - lots of good chances both ways - Andrew Brunette continues to impress the hell out of me the way he works behind the net - other teams know he'll do it, and he still makes offense like crazy back there. His set up of Dowd was superb. Burns looked pretty good to me as well - he played with more fire in his belly than the last time I saw him, mixing it up, skating like a madman. Bouchard also had a couple nice passes. He's one shifty skater, that's for sure.

Closed Thread