HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

[EDM/BUF] Linus Omark For Conditional 6th '14

Old
12-30-2013, 07:18 AM
Mr Sakich

vCash: 500
I watched a few minutes of the leafs / Sabres game and they talked about omark. Nolan said he had a very bad first game but that may have been due to the flu. He was just as bad in the leafs game.

Hitting 15 games is a bet I would not make. I hope he does but.....

Mr Sakich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2013, 07:30 AM
Rebirth

Nice game from him against the Capitals. His defensive game is actually quite ok. He played a simple game the two first periods and had an great third considering the ice time he got. He does show improvement in many areas imo. In my mind he wasn't worse or better than anyone else on the Sabres yesterday,

Rebirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2013, 01:59 PM
Master Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebirth View Post
Nice game from him against the Capitals. His defensive game is actually quite ok. He played a simple game the two first periods and had an great third considering the ice time he got. He does show improvement in many areas imo. In my mind he wasn't worse or better than anyone else on the Sabres yesterday,
Ouch. compliment with faint praise.

Last edited by Master Lok: 12-30-2013 at 04:10 PM.
Master Lok is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2013, 08:28 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 50
I am a sadist

looking at Omark and the fact he has ZEROS across the board does give me a bit of satisfaction

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2013, 08:32 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

L. Omark LW 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Old
12-31-2013, 08:44 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

tonight he has 1 face of lose in 16 minutes of play and 18 shifts-- I post this because he get his first point--some will over look his zero across the board-- the only stats he had tonight were 18 shift--16minutes of ice time and one face off lose-- nothing else

L. Omark LW 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 18 16:01 4:11 0:00 11:50 0 1 00.0

4:11 of powerplay time and 11:50 of es

Old
12-31-2013, 08:53 PM
Psycho Dad
Oil Kings

vCash: 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by bozwell View Post
I am a sadist

looking at Omark and the fact he has ZEROS across the board does give me a bit of satisfaction
(Hmm...what? I'm on? Okay, here goes!)

Yeah, Moulson with a -3 tonight. Put Omark in there! He needs to play with superstars to be effective! You can't really count this season because he has the flu. He has dominated every league except the good ones! Everybody poops! It's the team's fault. The East is really tough for a guy like Omark! The coaches are using him ALL WRONG.

(Nailed it. )

Psycho Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2013, 08:56 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Dad View Post
(Hmm...what? I'm on? Okay, here goes!)

Yeah, Moulson with a -3 tonight. Put Omark in there! He needs to play with superstars to be effective! You can't really count this season because he has the flu. He has dominated every league except the good ones! Everybody poops! It's the team's fault. The East is really tough for a guy like Omark! The coaches are using him ALL WRONG.

(Nailed it. )
wait for his first goal and the omark fan club comes out

Old
12-31-2013, 08:59 PM
Psycho Dad
Oil Kings

vCash: 610
Quote:
wait for his first goal and the omark fan club comes out
Well he's already a 0.5 pt/game player in the NHL. So there's that.

Psycho Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2013, 09:02 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Dad View Post
Well he's already a 0.5 pt/game player in the NHL. So there's that.
in buf he has done nothing

Old
12-31-2013, 09:30 PM
McClelland

I dont know why a couple of Omark haters is still so intrested in his career when he doesnt belong in this org anymore.

Hell even i who thinks he has a future in the Nhl hasnt seen a shift he played with the sabres. Only read some news that he and some others had hit the flu a week ago and that he had 1 trainining with the team due roadtrip ,flu and holidaybreak.

Looked in his stats, and his playing time got a big jump against Wpg and he had 30 sec pp before this games 4 minutes.

Bet that the coach in Buffalo will give him all the oppurtunitys he need , because that team is in desperate need of offensive help, they hasnt even players in the minors who can handle Nhl minutes.

McClelland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2013, 09:35 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

Quote:
Originally Posted by McClelland View Post
I dont know why a couple of Omark haters is still so intrested in his career when he doesnt belong in this org anymore.

Hell even i who thinks he has a future in the Nhl hasnt seen a shift he played with the sabres. Only read some news that he and some others had hit the flu a week ago and that he had 1 trainining with the team due roadtrip ,flu and holidaybreak.

Looked in his stats, and his playing time got a big jump against Wpg and he had 30 sec pp before this games 4 minutes.

Bet that the coach in Buffalo will give him all the oppurtunitys he need , because that team is in desperate need of offensive help, they hasnt even players in the minors who can handle Nhl minutes.
wait for his first goal on the night when the oilers lose-- the pro omark guys will come out--

shot in the dark-- you are an Omark fan

I am building the evidence for when the pro-omark guys come out

for the past 5 year I have made it clear that Omark was not an nhl playeer

Old
12-31-2013, 09:45 PM
McClelland

Quote:
wait for his first goal on the night when the oilers lose-- the pro omark guys will come out--

shot in the dark-- you are an Omark fan

I am building the evidence for when the pro-omark guys come out

for the past 5 year I have made it clear that Omark was not an nhl playeer
Are you afraid losing a bet or something? It doesnt matter if Omark start producing in the Nhl, he hadnt any future in our team anyway, but i like high skilled players and wish him goodluck in the future.

By the way, he is an Nhl player rigt now, a fringe one but still in the Nhl.

McClelland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2013, 10:51 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

Quote:
Originally Posted by McClelland View Post
Are you afraid losing a bet or something? It doesnt matter if Omark start producing in the Nhl, he hadnt any future in our team anyway, but i like high skilled players and wish him goodluck in the future.

By the way, he is an Nhl player rigt now, a fringe one but still in the Nhl.
wait till omark has a good game-- this thread will go nuts with the omark fan club

he has done nothing for three games and they are laying low

one good game and they will be back in droves

Old
01-01-2014, 09:44 AM
Rebirth

Omark had a nice game once again just like the one before against the Caps. He has clearly developed his d game and somehow reminds me about Marc Arcobello in many ways. On top of that he doesn't look misplaced on the third line even against opponents like Ovie and Backstrom and hasn't been on the ice on any of the Sabres goals against during the last three games. Coach Nielson has clearly contributed to his development.

With him on the PP the Sabres actually looked better and he could very well had one assist yesterday when Leino hit the post. I think he'll develop to be a solid 0,50 ppg player for the Sabres next year and that's not bad for the 6th rounder that the they gave up for him.

Old
01-01-2014, 10:04 AM
Tedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebirth View Post
Omark had a nice game once again just like the one before against the Caps. He has clearly developed his d game and somehow reminds me about Marc Arcobello in many ways. On top of that he doesn't look misplaced on the third line even against opponents like Ovie and Backstrom and hasn't been on the ice on any of the Sabres goals against during the last three games. Coach Nielson has clearly contributed to his development.

With him on the PP the Sabres actually looked better and he could very well had one assist yesterday when Leino hit the post. I think he'll develop to be a solid 0,50 ppg player for the Sabres next year and that's not bad for the 6th rounder that the they gave up for him.
I love the predictions...6th round draft pick is the odds that the GM's in the league are giving him to amount to anything in the NHL. I have nothing against Omark but his time in the NHL is running out. It is now or never for a fringe player. With any luck Buff will give him a chance to prove everyone wrong.

Tedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2014, 10:20 AM
Rebirth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedi View Post
I love the predictions...6th round draft pick is the odds that the GM's in the league are giving him to amount to anything in the NHL. I have nothing against Omark but his time in the NHL is running out. It is now or never for a fringe player. With any luck Buff will give him a chance to prove everyone wrong.
I agree with all of this. His time is running out and he's a fringe player in general . But his upside is imo big if he's used properly and if he somehow can develop his game to function on a third line.

Old
01-01-2014, 10:34 AM
OneMoreAstronaut
Reduce chainsaw size

vCash: 1360
So are we going to get Omark updates for the rest of his life or what? The guy was traded and doesn't play for the Oilers anymore. I don't care if he has a decent game for the Sabres, and if I ever do I'll look it up on NHL.com. This thread has just turned into an enabler for ex-Oiler followers to keep bringing the guy up.

OneMoreAstronaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2014, 11:06 AM
Tedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMoreAstronaut View Post
So are we going to get Omark updates for the rest of his life or what? The guy was traded and doesn't play for the Oilers anymore. I don't care if he has a decent game for the Sabres, and if I ever do I'll look it up on NHL.com. This thread has just turned into an enabler for ex-Oiler followers to keep bringing the guy up.
Resentment over the glory years...I dunno. Seems like most folks in general love to dump their misery on us, that includes our own fanbase as well.

Tedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2014, 11:11 AM
Rebirth

Quote:
The mods can always lock a thread if it's not relevant anymore, until then I'll keep on posting. For me and many others this is still an interesting Oilers topic. You can always comment on other forums or just report the thread and hope for the best.

Old
01-01-2014, 12:23 PM
Soli
Supervision Required

Quote:
Ignore the thread if you'd like.

Omark and his work is Buffalo is a relevant topic to this thread and we'll let it remain open for that discussion as long as discussion remains onside.

But if I have to read bozwell say "wait till he scores a goal" for the 4th consecutive reply, I may change my mind.

Soli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2014, 01:22 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soli View Post
Ignore the thread if you'd like.

Omark and his work is Buffalo is a relevant topic to this thread and we'll let it remain open for that discussion as long as discussion remains onside.

But if I have to read bozwell say "wait till he scores a goal" for the 4th consecutive reply, I may change my mind.
they were ignoring my observation and prediction.

Old
01-01-2014, 01:23 PM
Rebirth

Apparently Omark has apparently been one of the Sabres better forwards. 25% opp zone starts, 52% opp zone finishes.

Old
01-01-2014, 01:44 PM
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

Do the Sabres even have any other forwards worth talking about? Moulson comes to mind and that's about it.

It's like saying Ference being our best defenseman. It's more of an indictment of how poor our blue line is than how good he is.

GreatKeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2014, 01:51 PM
eskies4life

The Omark haters are just as if not more obnoxious and annoying then the Omark fan club, this goes both ways.

Good luck to him with the Sabres, wishing him a good career.

eskies4life is online now   Reply With Quote