HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Lines NEXT season ?

Old
01-17-2007, 07:25 PM
Screaming Banshee

vCash: 500
Does anyone see Girardi making it next year?

Screaming Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2007, 07:36 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Staal-Rozival
Tyutin-Ward
Pöck-Rachunek
That's an ugly looking defense, IMO. Rosie has no business on the top pairing, and you're asking a lot from Staal to immediately step in as a 1 or 2 D-man. Rachunek doesn't look like much of an NHLer to me, and coupling him with Pock you're going to have some real problems if they get caught facing the oppositions top line. I like the Tyutin-Ward as the second pairing.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2007, 04:22 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
That's an ugly looking defense, IMO. Rosie has no business on the top pairing, and you're asking a lot from Staal to immediately step in as a 1 or 2 D-man. Rachunek doesn't look like much of an NHLer to me, and coupling him with Pock you're going to have some real problems if they get caught facing the oppositions top line. I like the Tyutin-Ward as the second pairing.
And I know you aren't a big fan of Malik.

Still you think Renney should be fired for not winning more with this team?

Nah, wait and see. Staal and Rozie would do fine. The Staal brothers loves big roles. Renney is also a fan of putting promising kids in roles like that. If Jessiman would have signed in 04-05, and there would been a season, Renney basically gauranteed him a spot with Nylander-Jagr (This were before the redline were removed).

I agree on the 3rd pairing. Could be Malik-Pöck, or Malik-Rachunek too.

Ola is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2007, 06:23 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Jason Ward and Jed Ortmeyer are group III's

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2007, 10:33 AM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Hopefully we've got some tougness in the lineup...not just one guy who is looked upon to protect everyone

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2007, 10:40 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue View Post
Hopefully we've got some tougness in the lineup...not just one guy who is looked upon to protect everyone
...and fails to do it.

01-18-2007, 10:57 AM
Fletch

Tbbb...

agreed - hopefully the next wave of players are guys who can take care of themselves so we don't have to worry about 'protecting' these players which so often doesn't work effectively.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2007, 11:02 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
agreed - hopefully the next wave of players are guys who can take care of themselves so we don't have to worry about 'protecting' these players which so often doesn't work effectively.
I can certainly second that opinion. I hate "enforcers" but am a big fan of multi-dimensinional bangers. C'mon, Dane!

BrooklynRangersFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2007, 11:06 AM
In The Flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy hour View Post
O.k I'll play;

1. Straka-Nylander-Jagr
2. Shanahan-Datsyuk-Prucha
3.Dawes-Cullen-Korpikoski
4.Byers-Dubinsky-Hollweg
Callahan- first call-up Gone:Hossa, Kasper (waivers), Weekes ( not a fan at all) Ward (will sign elsewhere). Ward is a Fa correct??? Betts traded for a pick, and Colton Orr in Hartford. (still part of the team cause I like the guy)

Malik-Rozsival
Wescott-Souray
Tyutin-Ward
Baranka-7th

Goaltenders: Lundqvist-Montoya
Some players will be here because they are signed. ex: Malik and Rozsival. If Shanahan resigns then a player like Datsyuk would be a nice reunion. Wescott is tough(in front of the net, and will drop the gloves). Souray with with Jagr ,Nylander and Shanny on the PP?? Very nice. There obviously are more FA's that would look good, but our prospects may be ready next year on the bottom two lines fo 8-12minutes per game. I know this line-up won't happen, nor is it the best, but it is a def upgrade in the on ice product while giving a shot to the prospects. I think the D-is still questionable (at best) but I can't see the Rangers signing three FA D-men, and I think Staal will need a year with the WolfPack.

Wheres Ortmeyer man, he's got to stay, and I believe Betts is signed so he's staying too. Otherwise I like the Lines. But I don't see us going out and getting 2 D men, it'd be nice but won't happen.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2007, 11:30 AM
Fletch

I'm hoping for Dane too...

but since I've started focusing on him, he isn't the player his stats would suggest. Maybe I'm catching a bad stretch, but I don't see a lot of banging, he doesn't appear to be a great skater or puckhandler either. When looking at his stats your eyes pop open and say, wow, points and PIMs, perfect, then you watch and it's not the same. He's very young. He needs to add weight. And he can still improve on areas, that's the good news. Given where he was and where he is, it seems as though he may've worked pretty hard and hopefully has a good work ethic. I don't know if I'd expect him hear next season.

Continue on the subject of the thread...I'd be very surprised if Immonen's here next season. Whether through a trade or he goes back home, I just don't see him here with the team.

Some have pencilled in Korps - he represents an interesting situation for Maloney & Co. He stated he doesn't want him up here playing on a fourth line - right now, that's about what he is in the AHL. So another year in Hartford?

Dubi will be interesting. I missed last night's game - stats-wise it was pretty bad for him, but he's been playing well of late. If he continues to get better at the rate at which he's been since the second preseason game, you'll have a hard time convincing me that Betts deserves to be a third line centerman over him next season.

On defense - Baranka needs to get a consistent physical edge. He seemed nastier last season. He plays smart, doesn't shy away, and moves the puck well. His key will be staying healthy.

Girardi - could be a dark horsee. Never saw it in him, but perhaps he can surprise - or hopefully. But there won't be much room for him in New York.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2007, 03:28 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
And I know you aren't a big fan of Malik.

Still you think Renney should be fired for not winning more with this team?

Nah, wait and see. Staal and Rozie would do fine. The Staal brothers loves big roles. Renney is also a fan of putting promising kids in roles like that. If Jessiman would have signed in 04-05, and there would been a season, Renney basically gauranteed him a spot with Nylander-Jagr (This were before the redline were removed).

I agree on the 3rd pairing. Could be Malik-Pöck, or Malik-Rachunek too.
I think Staal will be great, and I think he'll have a great rookie season. I'm just not keen on the concept of playing him with Rosie. As a rookie defenseman on the top pairing, mistakes will inevitably be made. I'd rather Staal have a more responsible defensive partner than Rozsival, someone to help cover up his mistakes. Although, if next season's version of Rozsival is more akin to what we saw from him last season, it could work.

nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2007, 04:04 PM
slim399

I was thinking about this a couple of weeks ago. I know it is really off the wall. But it sure would be awesome.

Trade Cullen, Immonen, Dawes and first for Lecavalier

Sign Datsyuk 3 years @ 20 Mill
Forsberg 1 year @ 4 mill
Resign Shanny 1 year @ 4 mill

Let Nylander and Straka (won't happen now) go.

Korpikoski-Datsyuk-Jagr
Dubinsky-Lecavalier-Shanahan (Dubinsky switches back to center- After season)
Prucha-Forsberg-Callahan
Hollweg-Betts-Ortmeyer

Not so sure about the defense.

Would like to see Staal, Tyutin, Pock and Baranka in there. Add in a Brewer or Stuart and I guess we are stuck with Ward.

Ward-Brewer/Stuart
Staal-Tyutin
Baranka-Pock

A lot better then the so called defense we have now.

Lundquist
Montoya (starting 25-30 games at both NYR and Hartford)

I know it's a fantasy- but have to love the mix of talent and kids.

slim399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2007, 04:18 PM
In The Flesh

Souray Rozival
Staal Ward
Tytuin Pock
Rachunek

Kasper and Malik are both hopefully gone after this season.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2007, 04:19 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by theMessiah1194 View Post
Souray Rozival
Staal Ward
Tytuin Pock
Rachunek

Kasper and Malik are both hopefully gone after this season.
If Staal is here next season, Ward is my choice to be his partner.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2007, 05:17 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screaming Banshee View Post
Does anyone see Girardi making it next year?
Who the frig knows?

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2007, 06:28 PM
Ola

Slim- Thats a fantasy, albeit a nice one!

On Datsyuk, Detroit will make a helluva push to keep him. Holmström have basially been told that he is persona non grata for Det in the future, unless he would be prepaired to take less then the 1.6 he is making now. Which have resultet that Holmström basically have went public that he is returning to Luleå in Sweden next season, he have sent them a headsup to count on him (there are no tradefreezes here in Sweden, teams starts to sign each other, and their own player in January and Febuary, most teams have a set roster for the next season come March).

Robert Lang is a UFA, but his market value is probably lower then the 3.8 he is making right now. And its questionable if they bring back Maltby.

Their future aren't looking great, and they will have allot of cap room. They will even have enough for both Datsyuk, and a prime goalie like JS Giguere.

It will be really hard to snatch Datsyuk from them, something would have to turn really sour inorder for Pavel to hit the market. My guess is that he would have to ask for more then 7m per season. And if he does, I am not even sure I want him here. Defenitly not for 9m per.

I would love it if we got him for 6-7m per season longterm. But I think its very unlikely.

Old
01-18-2007, 06:50 PM
mike14

Straka - Nylander - Jagr
Prucha - UFA - Shanny
Dawes - Dubinsky - Ward/Hossa (I wouldn't mind getting Barnaby back to play on the right side)
Hollwegg - Betts - Ortemyer

I don't know abouth the defence, it really depends whose available and whether Staal is ready or not

mike14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2007, 10:00 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Straka - Nylander - Jagr
Prucha - Drury - Shanny
Dawes - Dubinsky - Hossa
Hollweg - Betts - Ortmeyer

Staal-Ward
Vishnovsky-Tyutin
Pock-Rosival

Malik-Kaspar (hopefully traded or to hartford)

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 11:35 AM
Ola

I've been thinking about the lines for next season now that we got Avery. I don't expect us to make any major chances. And I do belive Dubinsky got a spot waiting for him with Avery and Shanahan, hed be a very good fit there. I also think Korpikoski will take a spot.

Though I can't completly get the math to add up, somebody gotta go.

This is kind of how I envision it;

Straka-Nylander-Jagr
Avery-Dubinsky-Shanahan
Prucha-Cullen-Ortmayer
Hollweg-Betts-Korpikoski

But I am defenitly not convinced that Hossa will be let go, and I don't wanna see Hollweg go either. I think there is a need to atleast keep Orr around as a 13th forward.

On defense I think Malik could end up in a Kaspar like doghouse next season. Marc Staal would make allot of sense with the top unit, next to Roszival.

Staal-Roszival
Tyutin-Girardi
Rachunek-Ward

Old
02-10-2007, 01:13 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by slim399 View Post
I was thinking about this a couple of weeks ago. I know it is really off the wall. But it sure would be awesome.

Trade Cullen, Immonen, Dawes and first for Lecavalier

Sign Datsyuk 3 years @ 20 Mill
Forsberg 1 year @ 4 mill
Resign Shanny 1 year @ 4 mill

Let Nylander and Straka (won't happen now) go.

Korpikoski-Datsyuk-Jagr
Dubinsky-Lecavalier-Shanahan (Dubinsky switches back to center- After season)
Prucha-Forsberg-Callahan
Hollweg-Betts-Ortmeyer

Not so sure about the defense.

Would like to see Staal, Tyutin, Pock and Baranka in there. Add in a Brewer or Stuart and I guess we are stuck with Ward.

Ward-Brewer/Stuart
Staal-Tyutin
Baranka-Pock

A lot better then the so called defense we have now.

Lundquist
Montoya (starting 25-30 games at both NYR and Hartford)

I know it's a fantasy- but have to love the mix of talent and kids.
Welcome to Fantasy Island

da plane da plane

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 02:29 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Straka-Drury-Jagr
Dawes-Dubinsky-Shanahan
Prucha-Avery-Ortmeyer
Hollweg-Betts-Orr

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote