HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Conor Allen

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-30-2013, 11:36 AM
  #76
ecemleafs
Registered User
 
ecemleafs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 14,128
vCash: 500
didnt notice his shot in the game, but how has it been in hartford? will he ever be a threat on the PP with his shot?

ecemleafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2013, 12:25 PM
  #77
3rd Guy High
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 833
vCash: 500
Love his style of play. Many players that play just like him seem to fly under the radar and then look really really good when they make the NHL. See Torey Krug.

3rd Guy High is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2013, 12:29 PM
  #78
slipknottin
Registered User
 
slipknottin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: CT
Posts: 3,046
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecemleafs View Post
didnt notice his shot in the game, but how has it been in hartford? will he ever be a threat on the PP with his shot?
Not special. But it's good. He's showing more and more offensive ability in Hartford.

Probably similar to a mcdonagh in terms of shot

slipknottin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2013, 03:15 PM
  #79
StepansLabyrinth
Rational Police
 
StepansLabyrinth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 1,831
vCash: 500
When I found out he was playing, I got pretty excited, since I live in Orlando and go to all the Rangers games in Tampa. I can't recall ever seeing a player's debut live. I got there though, and quickly found out that I was sitting two seats away from Conor's dad. He had just flown in from Chicago. I didn't talk to him in person (I was a little what you would call "turnt up" and didn't want to embarrass myself) but I can't imagine how awesome the experience was for him. It made me just happy to be around him.

As far as Allen's play, I was paying attention to him on most of his shifts. He definitely wasn't scared to get in the play offensively and showed no first game jitters. Defensively, he was in position all game long and he seems to have good NHL size. A couple of times, Lightning players took a run at him but he didn't get thrown off his game. If he could provide that level of play throughout the rest of the year, he'd be a great addition to our D corps.

StepansLabyrinth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2013, 04:36 AM
  #80
Fanned On It
Registered User
 
Fanned On It's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 2,014
vCash: 500
Some people saying that Allen looked better than our entire D-corps sans McD... what about Girardi? I feel like he's getting pretty underrated here this season. In the Tampa game alone I noticed Girardi stepping up at the blue-line and completely thwarting the oncoming rush a handful of times. I also have been noticing in the past few games that Girardi is pretty damn good at making those short, smart little break-out passes to the center-man in our zone while under pressure. He actually breaks the puck out pretty well for a "defensive defenseman" who's just supposed to be a shut-down guy.

Anyway, back to y'all gushing over Allen. He did look solid which I'm happy about!

Fanned On It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2013, 09:06 AM
  #81
Raspewtin
Xanny family
 
Raspewtin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Country: France
Posts: 28,475
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanned On It View Post
Some people saying that Allen looked better than our entire D-corps sans McD... what about Girardi? I feel like he's getting pretty underrated here this season. In the Tampa game alone I noticed Girardi stepping up at the blue-line and completely thwarting the oncoming rush a handful of times. I also have been noticing in the past few games that Girardi is pretty damn good at making those short, smart little break-out passes to the center-man in our zone while under pressure. He actually breaks the puck out pretty well for a "defensive defenseman" who's just supposed to be a shut-down guy.

Anyway, back to y'all gushing over Allen. He did look solid which I'm happy about!
I think Girardi has picked it up his last few games.

But his season has not been underrated, he's been terrible.

__________________
"It's going to be a zoo no matter what, Staalmania, Staals everywhre, omg Staal on Staal action, three brothers hockeying! Staal returning to Carolina omg what news! All the feels he is feel..." - Ail on Eric Staal's return to Carolina.
Raspewtin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2013, 09:23 AM
  #82
Levitate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 23,358
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanned On It View Post
Some people saying that Allen looked better than our entire D-corps sans McD... what about Girardi? I feel like he's getting pretty underrated here this season. In the Tampa game alone I noticed Girardi stepping up at the blue-line and completely thwarting the oncoming rush a handful of times. I also have been noticing in the past few games that Girardi is pretty damn good at making those short, smart little break-out passes to the center-man in our zone while under pressure. He actually breaks the puck out pretty well for a "defensive defenseman" who's just supposed to be a shut-down guy.

Anyway, back to y'all gushing over Allen. He did look solid which I'm happy about!
Yeah Girardi has been looking better, I think he has actually adjusted pretty well to a different defensive scheme that asks him to move the puck more. In previous years and at the beginning of this season, he was terrible at doing anything with the puck in the defensive zone, most of the time he'd just slam it off the boards and hope that it'd get out. He's making more plays now which is good.

His defense isn't quite what it was though, but I feel that goes back to last year as well and isn't necessarily a new coach thing. Honestly the Rangers could probably stand to upgrade that 1st pairing right D and drop Girardi to the 2nd pairing if they kept him, but at least he can play a lot of minutes and generally do pretty well.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2013, 03:48 PM
  #83
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 22,240
vCash: 500
I may be a bit out of line but did anyone else think it was a bit un-parent-like (for lack of a better term) for Connor Allen's mom to miss her son's NHL debut for a Bears game? I get it. I'm a huge Giants fan, but if my son is making his NHL debut you bet your ass I'll be there. That's at least odd and more like selfish and inappropriate IMO. Can't believe a parent would miss the debut of her son for another game.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2013, 03:56 PM
  #84
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors
 
Beacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 11,335
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
I may be a bit out of line but did anyone else think it was a bit un-parent-like (for lack of a better term) for Connor Allen's mom to miss her son's NHL debut for a Bears game? I get it. I'm a huge Giants fan, but if my son is making his NHL debut you bet your ass I'll be there. That's at least odd and more like selfish and inappropriate IMO. Can't believe a parent would miss the debut of her son for another game.
Wow, crazy.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2013, 04:11 PM
  #85
shinchanyo
Registered User
 
shinchanyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Here
Posts: 3,126
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
I may be a bit out of line but did anyone else think it was a bit un-parent-like (for lack of a better term) for Connor Allen's mom to miss her son's NHL debut for a Bears game? I get it. I'm a huge Giants fan, but if my son is making his NHL debut you bet your ass I'll be there. That's at least odd and more like selfish and inappropriate IMO. Can't believe a parent would miss the debut of her son for another game.
Clearly it's bc he's a bad son. Great another temperamental, troubled player with off ice issues? Doesn't this organization have enough problems without pulling in someone's failed abortion?

shinchanyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2013, 05:50 PM
  #86
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 22,240
vCash: 500
Apparently there was an explanation in the in-game interview. I missed it though.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2013, 06:15 PM
  #87
17futurecap
Registered User
 
17futurecap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 8,590
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Apparently there was an explanation in the in-game interview. I missed it though.
She said they have younger kids at home, couldn't just have both parents leave at the drop of a hat.

17futurecap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2013, 06:59 PM
  #88
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 22,240
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17futurecap View Post
She said they have younger kids at home, couldn't just have both parents leave at the drop of a hat.
Oh and I also think I heard that she was watching on TV. What a total **** up by Sam and Joe last game. Great job idiots. Made Conor Allen's mom look pretty bad.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2013, 07:32 PM
  #89
Ola
Registered User
 
Ola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 20,760
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspewtin View Post
I think Girardi has picked it up his last few games.

But his season has not been underrated, he's been terrible.
I agree with this for sure. Awesome lately, horrible before that.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2013, 08:49 PM
  #90
danny hoy
Registered User
 
danny hoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 111
vCash: 500
seeing this kid come up and contributing is great!! i know to litle about our recruits...
could he be the next mcd for us? also great to se hes proud parents at the game enjoying themselfs on newyears eve!

danny hoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2013, 09:54 PM
  #91
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 26,338
vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Oh and I also think I heard that she was watching on TV. What a total **** up by Sam and Joe last game. Great job idiots. Made Conor Allen's mom look pretty bad.
Maybe you shouldn't jump to conclusions about someone's parenting skills or devotion to their child based on an incomplete anecdote you heard on TV?

__________________

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2013, 10:01 PM
  #92
Levitate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 23,358
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Oh and I also think I heard that she was watching on TV. What a total **** up by Sam and Joe last game. Great job idiots. Made Conor Allen's mom look pretty bad.
Not Sam and Joe's fault, it's the fault of the people who fed them that info during the game.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2013, 10:12 PM
  #93
wafflepadsave
Registered User
 
wafflepadsave's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Franklin, Tn
Posts: 995
vCash: 500
Missed the game tonight, did he play and how did he play?

wafflepadsave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2013, 10:36 PM
  #94
Blurt Vision
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 825
vCash: 500
Heard Conor's mom's favorite movie is Buffalo 66.

Blurt Vision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2013, 11:27 PM
  #95
mike14
Registered User
 
mike14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Melbourne
Country: Australia
Posts: 5,857
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wafflepadsave View Post
Missed the game tonight, did he play and how did he play?
Looked ok to me, but only played a little under 12 mins. Didn't see the ice during OT

mike14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2014, 12:07 AM
  #96
RangersHank*
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 2,009
vCash: 500
Wayyy too much attention on Allen's mom. Its not that serious. Everytime a players mom is showed there is an uproar here

RangersHank* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2014, 12:34 AM
  #97
Brooklyn Ranger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn, of course
Posts: 8,966
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersHank View Post
Wayyy too much attention on Allen's mom. Its not that serious. Everytime a players mom is showed there is an uproar here
That happens to be one of the things I like about hockey.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2014, 02:04 AM
  #98
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 22,240
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Maybe you shouldn't jump to conclusions about someone's parenting skills or devotion to their child based on an incomplete anecdote you heard on TV?
While that's not totally inaccurate, I don't think if the info were correct what I said would be all that crazy.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2014, 02:21 AM
  #99
Pizza
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 10,713
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Not Sam and Joe's fault, it's the fault of the people who fed them that info during the game.
No.

I don't know the context, but in any case it should not have come up. Can't imagine why it would. It's the kids 1st NHL game. There should be nothing even remotely negative about it.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2014, 02:31 AM
  #100
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 22,240
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
No.

I don't know the context, but in any case it should not have come up. Can't imagine why it would. It's the kids 1st NHL game. There should be nothing even remotely negative about it.
Yeah, Joe tried to make it sound like a positive. However it ran the risk of sounding bad to some people. I don't think finding it odd to say the least that someone would miss their son's first NHL game for a Bears game is overly judgmental. I'm sure a number of eyebrows were raised. Even if it were true there's no reason to bring up something that might show Conor Allen's parents in a bad light. Not only is it unprofessional it's bad form, IMO. If I had the opportunity to do that with say a friend and his/her parents in real life, I probably wouldn't. Just a bad job for various reasons.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:31 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.