HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

South Florida Visitors - post travel related questions here

Old
11-06-2013, 09:00 PM
flyinglizard045

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to flyinglizard045
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHGoalie72 View Post
Other than that, where do you plan on lodging? I can tell you which areas are too ghetto to go to..
I forgot to ask that, I'm not sure where I'll be staying at. Any suggestions? I'm still looking at places in the area.

flyinglizard045 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 09:02 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinglizard045 View Post
I forgot to ask that, I'm not sure where I'll be staying at. Any suggestions? I'm still looking at places in the area.
How long are you staying?

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 09:57 PM
flyinglizard045

Send a message via Skype™ to flyinglizard045
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHGoalie72 View Post
How long are you staying?
I'll be staying in the area for 2 nights(Jan 15-16) and will be driving up to Tampa for that game on the 17th because that game has a 1400 start time on the 18th.

flyinglizard045 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 01:20 AM
JMecc
Oil Change 24/04/15!

I'm planning to come to the NYI game on Jan 14th.

What seating sections would you recommend (any great or poor views from certain sections that wouldn't be obvious from the online seating maps)? Are the club seats worth getting, and do they bring any privileges with them?

JMecc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 09:53 AM
puck stoppa

We are bringing our high school hockey team to ft laud next weekend. We have some time Sunday, do you recommend Hollywood or Miami beach? We are doing safari park, NHL game and the big mall, anything else you recommend? Thanks!

puck stoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 07:46 AM
thesawch

Quote:
Originally Posted by puck stoppa View Post
We are bringing our high school hockey team to ft laud next weekend. We have some time Sunday, do you recommend Hollywood or Miami beach? We are doing safari park, NHL game and the big mall, anything else you recommend? Thanks!
Cool what high school team? we'll be there for the Dec 5 Jets/panthers game.

thesawch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 07:48 AM
thesawch

Just wondering will there be taxis avaialable after the game at the Panthers arena to take us back to our hotel at Sheraton Suites on University Dr.

Old
11-28-2013, 07:53 AM
thesawch

wow, real active forum here !

Old
11-28-2013, 08:26 AM
adam graves
Panther 20 yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by puck stoppa View Post
Miami beach if its workable, is iconic.

yes the sawgrass across from the arena is awesome.

i like the miami seaquarium !!!

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2013, 08:27 AM
adam graves
Panther 20 yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesawch View Post
Just wondering will there be taxis avaialable after the game at the Panthers arena to take us back to our hotel at Sheraton Suites on University Dr.
walk across to the sawgrass for taxis...the arena is set in so no taxis....

Old
11-28-2013, 08:29 AM
adam graves
Panther 20 yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesawch View Post
wow, real active forum here !
same thing happen when i went to the canucks site..no response..so i asked in the gdt

Old
01-01-2014, 10:30 AM
King Mapes
Global Moderator
HF's King

Hey,

I'm going to Florida in March and going to Dunedin at one point during our stay for Spring Training. What are some of the best resorts/hotels to stay at in Dunedin or surrounding area? Thanks

King Mapes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 10:51 PM
PrimitivePuck
Rookie User

Best Seats in the House?

Hey guys and gals! I hope I'm posting this in the right place, please let me know if I'm not and I'll remove it and post it in the right thread.

A couple of family members are going to be going to the Bruins game on the 9th of March and I'm wondering what the BB&T is like on the inside. Which end do the Panthers shoot twice in? Any parts of the arena to avoid due to sightlines, etc. The budget is flexible, depending on seat quality, but from what I can tell, the prices are very reasonable so I don't think that will be a problem.

Thanks for any and all help!

PrimitivePuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2014, 11:45 AM
RCGP
Go Panthers

I'm coming down to catch some games in April this year since I figured I should get some use out of my season tickets. I was thinking of going to the heat game on April 6 at 1 and then the panthers game at 5. I was wondering what the expected travel time would be between arenas with the traffic down there and when I would have to leave downtown Miami to get to the panthers game on time?

RCGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2014, 12:28 PM
nyrmetros

I am in West Palm Beach till Friday morning... Are there any bars that willI be open for USA hockey games at 7am? Do people care down here like back in NYC?

nyrmetros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2014, 08:41 PM
JP Mick
Two Gallants

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmetros View Post
I am in West Palm Beach till Friday morning... Are there any bars that willI be open for USA hockey games at 7am? Do people care down here like back in NYC?
The USA games are at noon wed.(mens) and thurs.(womens) aren't they?

JP Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2014, 12:52 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:
Yes, people here care, but the 10 of us just stay home because we hear of none of that kinda stuff. No advertising for any of it whatsoever.

Welcome to town fellow NYR boarder!

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2014, 09:56 PM
nyrmetros

The Panthers didn't organize any viewing parties for the USA games?

nyrmetros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2014, 10:10 PM
adam graves
Panther 20 yr sth

Quote:
they do a lot of that, in combo with the booster club, don't see anything here...

Old
02-20-2014, 09:32 PM
adam graves
Panther 20 yr sth

Quote:
The panthers announced tonight they will have a watch party at their Incredible Ice rink noon tomorrow if your still around...

Old
03-04-2014, 04:54 PM
team_alex

I'm in town next week for business, but I am free for the Sunday game. I am just wondering if there's an easy way to get from the Miami airport to the arena without renting a car? Would the taxi charge be crazy?

Congrats on landing Lou!

team_alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2014, 01:04 PM
srt8

coming to visit in september, hopefull...

Hi all. I'll be visiting Florida in late september with my girlfriend (and some of her family, but that's another story lol).

We're focusing on Disney, Universal Studios and a trip out to the Kennedy Space Center.

We're both big hockey fans, and both Luongo fans. We'd like to maybe come see him play again. I know that it will most likely be a pre-season game, but that's ok, it'll still be fun What's the best way to do this? I saw a picture from a pre-season game, i'm pretty sure I'll be able to get good seats...

I know the schedule isn't up yet, but I can make rough plans. Would it be do-able to usefully drive down from Cape Canaveral to Sunrise? Google estimates 3 hours - is that reliable? Is it a nice drive? Looks to be about an hour to fly, and then 45 minute drive from the airport, so not much time savings there...

It would be much closer to get to Tampa to see the Cats play, so i may have to consider that option as well. My preference would be a home game though.

Thanks everyone.

srt8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2014, 01:40 PM
adam graves
Panther 20 yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by srt8 View Post
Hi all. I'll be visiting Florida in late september with my girlfriend (and some of her family, but that's another story lol).

We're focusing on Disney, Universal Studios and a trip out to the Kennedy Space Center.

We're both big hockey fans, and both Luongo fans. We'd like to maybe come see him play again. I know that it will most likely be a pre-season game, but that's ok, it'll still be fun What's the best way to do this? I saw a picture from a pre-season game, i'm pretty sure I'll be able to get good seats...

I know the schedule isn't up yet, but I can make rough plans. Would it be do-able to usefully drive down from Cape Canaveral to Sunrise? Google estimates 3 hours - is that reliable? Is it a nice drive? Looks to be about an hour to fly, and then 45 minute drive from the airport, so not much time savings there...

It would be much closer to get to Tampa to see the Cats play, so i may have to consider that option as well. My preference would be a home game though.

Thanks everyone.
Hi!

1) although the pic u are referring to where it was empty was a day night doubleheader day part 1, where your ticket was for both games, exhibiton games are very low attended. Like in most cities its mostly sth"s who are forced to buy. Stubhub will likely get u in cheap and then almost open seating.

I would drive cape Canaveral to sunrise, 3.5hrs is about right its highway so nothng amazing, like driving down a1a would be. Flying doesn't make sense.

Old
03-17-2014, 06:50 PM
srt8

Yes, even without showing the picture, that's exactly the one i'm talking about Ok, I can work with that. I think it would be a fun experience. Thanks, i'll look at stubhub.

Ok, so what's the deal with beachfront avenue? I am aware that it exists, but only from a certain song. Is it worth driving down? Looks to add at least half an hour to the drive time, but definitely much nicer coastal views.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
Hi!

1) although the pic u are referring to where it was empty was a day night doubleheader day part 1, where your ticket was for both games, exhibiton games are very low attended. Like in most cities its mostly sth"s who are forced to buy. Stubhub will likely get u in cheap and then almost open seating.

I would drive cape Canaveral to sunrise, 3.5hrs is about right its highway so nothng amazing, like driving down a1a would be. Flying doesn't make sense.

srt8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2014, 08:38 PM
adam graves
Panther 20 yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by srt8 View Post
Yes, even without showing the picture, that's exactly the one i'm talking about Ok, I can work with that. I think it would be a fun experience. Thanks, i'll look at stubhub.

Ok, so what's the deal with beachfront avenue? I am aware that it exists, but only from a certain song. Is it worth driving down? Looks to add at least half an hour to the drive time, but definitely much nicer coastal views.
can be very pretty in st augustine, daytona etc, but very long ...