HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The real reason of the weak toi (time on ice) of Galchenyuk

Old
01-01-2014, 06:34 AM
Fifthgear

vCash: 500
The real reason of the weak toi (time on ice) of Galchenyuk

The real reason of the weak toi (time on ice) of Galchenyuk is because MT knows that he wont be there when Galchenyuk will dominante in the near future so he's coaching this team in a way where he can keep his job the longest way possible by playing the game with a mentality of not to lose even if he kills the development of youger players. That explains why Gionta (1 goal in last 25 games) and lazy Bourque play more time on pp and even strengh than Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Eller .... no brainer, Bergevin do something please, or else Bergevin is still shopping both of them to the expense of young players?

Fifthgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2014, 06:43 AM
DAChampion

The issue with that theory is that Galchenyuk is already one of the best forwards on the team, and vastly better than Desharnais. If Therrien was only concerned about winning now, he would actually be overplaying AG, not underplaying him.

DAChampion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2014, 07:22 AM
Habcentric

MT seems to be the kind of coach that shows favoritism towards certain players... If he likes you, then you can do no wrong, if he doesnt, then your Eller, Chucky, or Subban

Habcentric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2014, 07:33 AM
Fifthgear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
The issue with that theory is that Galchenyuk is already one of the best forwards on the team, and vastly better than Desharnais. If Therrien was only concerned about winning now, he would actually be overplaying AG, not underplaying him.
Exactly so what is exactly the real reason and also MT told at the beginning that he would give him and Gallagher more responsabilities, i think that MT is doing that now to AG, cleaning the bench since he and Bounival spent so much time. MT scared of veterans of the team.

Old
01-01-2014, 07:34 AM
shutehinside

I understood insulating Chuckie as a rookie but he's there 3rd highest scorer and has not had a sophomore slump after a great rookie season. Don't see a reason why not to play him, especially if the alternatives are DD, Gio and Bourque. Really MT? ****ing really!?

shutehinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2014, 07:39 AM
Fifthgear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habcentric View Post
MT seems to be the kind of coach that shows favoritism towards certain players... If he likes you, then you can do no wrong, if he doesnt, then your Eller, Chucky, or Subban
That's why we won't go far during the playoffs and again, 2 wasted years. MT out out out , the sooner the better ...

Old
01-01-2014, 09:19 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
That's my biggest concern.. it seems that the development of Eller, Galchenyuk, Bournival and Gallagher are stalling.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2014, 09:27 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
That's my biggest concern.. it seems that the development of Eller, Galchenyuk, Bournival and Gallagher are stalling.
Yeah but Desharnais is putting up points now so it's okay.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2014, 09:34 AM
Beatnik

Send a message via MSN to Beatnik
Quote:
Eller is playing much better under him than under Cunney and Martin. I don't think Gallagher can be better than he is now.

Rookie need to clearly win their job. 99% of professional coachs in all sports work that way.

Beatnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2014, 09:36 AM
Winter Eclipse

Quote:
Yup, their development pln under MT seems to be:

- Eller is a 3rd line plug
- Galchenyuk is a 3rd line plug winger
- Bournival is a 10th forward
- Gallagher is the big body parked in front of the net for the Dynamic Duo

Winter Eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2014, 09:47 AM
Winter Eclipse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatnik View Post
Eller is playing much better under him than under Cunney and Martin.
Not really a fair comparison, considering Eller only played approximately a season and a half under Martin and a half season under Cunneyworth.

Quote:
I don't think Gallagher can be better than he is now.
You don't think Gallagher is better than being nothing more than a big body doing all the dirty work for DD and Pacioretty?

Quote:
Rookie need to clearly win their job. 99% of professional coachs in all sports work that way.
Galchenyuk plays out of his natural position, with 3rd line minutes, and is now excluded from PP time and OT.

Eller gets won our on SH duty, gets 3rd line defensive oriented minutes, plays with lolPrust, and gets no PP minutes.

99% of professional leaders give their guys opportunities to succeed, instead of going out of their way to setup a feedback loop of failure and punishment.

Old
01-01-2014, 09:47 AM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter Eclipse View Post

Leblanc and Pateryn rot in Hamilton.

Old
01-01-2014, 09:53 AM
BigDaddyLurch
Deleted Posts Leader

Quote:
Eller is playing much better under him than under Cunney and Martin. I don't think Gallagher can be better than he is now.

...Eller, Galchenyuk, and Bournival are being criminally underused and Gallagher is being used in a role that does nothing to help him grow as a player...they've already won their jobs; in fact, they've earned much bigger roles than Therrien is willing to allow them because that would take time away from his guys...Helen Keller could see this, pity Therrien can't...

BigDaddyLurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2014, 09:57 AM
lou4gehrig

Quote:
Tinordi and Beaulieu too. We have better young players now than we've had in a long time.

lou4gehrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2014, 09:57 AM
Habcentric

You say rookies have to earn there spot, but if i remember right, Eller has been on the team about just as long as DD has... At the beginning of the season the Egg line was tearing it up... So what does MT do, tears the line apart to help DD... Now do i see MT tearing apart DD and Patches, or give them less minutes?
Its pure favoritism

Old
01-01-2014, 09:58 AM
Winter Eclipse

Quote:
I believe the official term for that within the Habs organization is "being groomed for the future" Our 4th line and 7th d-man positions are set!!!

Old
01-01-2014, 10:00 AM
Winter Eclipse

Quote:
Originally Posted by lou4gehrig View Post
Tinordi and Beaulieu too. We have better young players now than we've had in a long time.
Unless Tinordi and Beaulieu can perform better than Markov-Subban on the PP, and thus fill this teams' primary need for moar Desharanais production, they're irrelevant.

Old
01-01-2014, 10:04 AM
DAChampion

Quote:
I believe the official term for that within the Habs organization is "being groomed for the future" Our 4th line and 7th d-man positions are set!!!
I rate those players more highly than you do. I think Leblanc can become an effective middle-six forward, he showed very good intelligence when he was up with the Habs, and he had 10 points in 42 games was very good production for a 4th line role (never mind his young age) implying he could move up effectively.

Pateryn can be an effective third pairing dman, I don't see the problem with that.

Old
01-01-2014, 10:08 AM
Beatnik

Quote:
Not really a fair comparison, considering Eller only played approximately a season and a half under Martin and a half season under Cunneyworth.
When Therrien came in, he benched him. Eller came back as a much more combative and intense player. I think Therrien deserve some credit.

Quote:
You don't think Gallagher is better than being nothing more than a big body doing all the dirty work for DD and Pacioretty?
He is great at doing the dirty work. Maybe he could get more points elsewhere but I think he plays great.

Quote:
Galchenyuk plays out of his natural position, with 3rd line minutes, and is now excluded from PP time and OT.
Glachenyuk have all the tools to play on the wings. He have an amazing shot but refuses to use it. He will see the ice more with time.

Quote:
Eller gets won our on SH duty, gets 3rd line defensive oriented minutes, plays with lol Prust, and gets no PP minutes.
Powerplay minutes, for both Eller and Galchenyuk, would help them accumulate points but it would not make them better or significantly change their progression.

Quote:
99% of professional leaders give their guys opportunities to succeed, instead of going out of their way to setup a feedback loop of failure and punishment.
When they play the way Therrien ask them to, they get more icetime. It happened often this season.

People here wants to kids to have a preferential treatment to help them devellop. Teams, everywhere, wants the kids the win their job. I read a lot of HF and football's future; the only fan bases that do not complain about youth not playing enough are terrible teams like Edmonton (which is the organisation that emule the most what HF fans are pushing for)

Old
01-01-2014, 10:10 AM
blarneylad

Quote:
You say rookies have to earn there spot, but if i remember right, Eller has been on the team about just as long as DD has... At the beginning of the season the Egg line was tearing it up... So what does MT do, tears the line apart to help DD... Now do i see MT tearing apart DD and Patches, or give them less minutes?
Its pure favoritism
Absolutely. But you'd be stuck with Desharnais' salary and term if you didn't get him going to showcase him.

A month ago there was no way they could ever trade him. At least now he is moveable.

But if they don't trade him then my argument is wrong. Therrien is doing a horrible job with his asset management and it is showing up in the results.

blarneylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2014, 10:10 AM
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr

vCash: 506
Quote:

I like this assessment, it's definitely how he sees our players. I'm sure there's a lot that goes on behind the scenes that we don't know about, but it's still annoying to see him (seemingly) misuse some players.

Stjonnypopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2014, 10:19 AM
BigDaddyLurch
Deleted Posts Leader

Quote:
When Therrien came in, he benched him. Eller came back as a much more combative and intense player. I think Therrien deserve some credit.

He is great at doing the dirty work. Maybe he could get more points elsewhere but I think he plays great.

Glachenyuk have all the tools to play on the wings. He have an amazing shot but refuses to use it. He will see the ice more with time.

Powerplay minutes, for both Eller and Galchenyuk, would help them accumulate points but it would not make them better or significantly change their progression.

When they play the way Therrien ask them to, they get more icetime. It happened often this season.

People here wants to kids to have a preferential treatment to help them devellop. Teams, everywhere, wants the kids the win their job. I read a lot of HF and football's future; the only fan bases that do not complain about youth not playing enough are terrible teams like Edmonton (which is the organisation that emule the most what HF fans are pushing for)
...you seriously need to take the blinders off, amigo; Therrien is stifling our youth, plain & simple...Bergevin, in every damn interview he does, goes on & on about building through the draft & nurturing the youth so we can be successful not just now, but in the future...so Therrien continuously cockblocks them by either not playing them or putting them out only in situations where it doesn't help them grow AT ALL...we are a young skilled team that never puts their young skill in a position to succeed...that's our wise ol' coach, right there...road to Nowhere...

BigDaddyLurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2014, 10:24 AM
Habcentric

Quote:
If that is true, they why is DD play so many Power play minutes? Eller has played more games in the NHL than DD has, so DD is more of a rookie than Eller is. DD gets way more TOI, the best of the wingers, all the oppertunities to succeed but " rookies " like Eller have to " earn " there pp time, but get the worst chance to succeed.

Old
01-01-2014, 10:39 AM
Beatnik

Quote:
DD gets way more TOI,
Nope. Eller played considerably more minutes than DD so far this season.

Old
01-01-2014, 10:41 AM
blarneylad

Quote:
Nope. Eller played considerably more minutes than DD so far this season.
Eller is a third line center. He will never evolve into a scoring threat. DD is a better offensive option.

blarneylad is offline   Reply With Quote