HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Andrei Vasilevskiy

Old
12-27-2013, 11:43 PM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarpeNoctem View Post
I've rarely if ever seen a goalie as a full time starter before 24, at least not in the last 10-15 years. Let's assume Vas is 3-5 years away, what do we need to do until then? Improve the D, keep Bishop's value up. Make sure he has a good, big body of work so if we do want to move him in 3 or 4 years, we get a great return.
Did we just forget Carey Price? Braden Holtby? MA Fleury, although meh? Tuukka Rask almost fits that, too. Semyon Varlamov... Kari Lehtonen... Jonathan Quick... Jaro Halak... OH, Luongo. To a lesser extent, Cory Schneider.

Still All In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2013, 12:59 AM
The Macho Man
Fire Cooper

vCash: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by FDfranklin View Post
Hard to tell who you are talking about between Lundqvist and Fluery. Fluery may be known for blowing it in the playoffs but he does have a cup, on the other hand Lundqvist has been pretty dominant up until this season behind what I would call not nearly as good as an offensive team as the bolts and potentially an equal defensive team as us (now). Either way up until our lord and savior Bishop, we would have taken any of those 3 goalies...
Speak for yourself. I wouldn't have gotten within 20 miles of Fleury. He's Osgood mk. II without the whole being reliable quality.

The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2013, 01:50 AM
CarpeNoctem
Chilling w The Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still All In View Post
Did we just forget Carey Price? Braden Holtby? MA Fleury, although meh? Tuukka Rask almost fits that, too. Semyon Varlamov... Kari Lehtonen... Jonathan Quick... Jaro Halak... OH, Luongo. To a lesser extent, Cory Schneider.
Ok, let me rephrase. A successful full time starter under 24 is rare and generally asking too much. Rask will be 27 soon, Price was not a full-timer to me before that age either. Same for Varlamov, Halak and Holtby are floundering right now as well. Point simply being it's too risky to try it before a guy is about 24.

CarpeNoctem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2013, 10:08 AM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Ok, let me rephrase. A successful full time starter under 24 is rare and generally asking too much. Rask will be 27 soon, Price was not a full-timer to me before that age either. Same for Varlamov, Halak and Holtby are floundering right now as well. Point simply being it's too risky to try it before a guy is about 24.
I don't consider .915 or better with over 65% of starts floundering. You really need to take a larger sample size, you're being very shortsighted about it at the moment. Besides, this isn't the MHL we're talking about - Vasya is putting up these numbers against men, ex NHLers. This is the real deal, my friend.

Old
12-28-2013, 01:27 PM
FDfranklin
Standclose

Looks like he picked up a PP Assist today lol

FDfranklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2013, 09:04 PM
CarpeNoctem
Chilling w The Chief

Quote:
I don't consider .915 or better with over 65% of starts floundering. You really need to take a larger sample size, you're being very shortsighted about it at the moment. Besides, this isn't the MHL we're talking about - Vasya is putting up these numbers against men, ex NHLers. This is the real deal, my friend.
No doubt, I think he'll be as good as Bishop, maybe even better. But that's a long ways off yet.

Old
12-28-2013, 09:14 PM
FinnLightning26
Bish please!

I can't wait to get him over here. I've been impressed with him from the first game I saw from him and I really think he can be a great goalie in the NHL. He just has that perfect blend of size and agility. Although he didn't have to face a tough competition tonight against Switzerland he still made some really nice saves. Looking forward to Monday and the game between Finland and Russia. If we lose that game I still can be happy for Vasilevski.

FinnLightning26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2013, 11:21 PM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
No doubt, I think he'll be as good as Bishop, maybe even better. But that's a long ways off yet.
Thats what i'm saying - I dont think its as far off as you think. Hes playing against grown ass men right now.

Old
12-29-2013, 01:25 AM
CarpeNoctem
Chilling w The Chief

Quote:
Thats what i'm saying - I dont think its as far off as you think. Hes playing against grown ass men right now.
So you think he's only two years away from starting?

Old
12-29-2013, 06:48 PM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
So you think he's only two years away from starting?
Possibly less, to be honest, man. He could be a backup now.

Old
12-31-2013, 02:32 PM
DFC

Player of the game today for Vasi. And McKenzie, again, is saying Tampa wants him in their lineup as soon as possible, with emphasis on the Tampa perspective rather than simply the fact that it's possible. Interesting if true.

DFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2013, 05:08 PM
Kramerica Industries

Quote:
Possibly less, to be honest, man. He could be a backup now.
Well, lets be totally fair, when the backup is Anders Lindback, then, yeah, it wouldn't be hard to be a better backup than him.

Man, most of Yzerman's deals have seemed to hit the mark in some form, but that one was a total whiff.

Kramerica Industries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2013, 05:45 PM
HoseEmDown

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItIsNotAdamCopeland View Post
Well, lets be totally fair, when the backup is Anders Lindback, then, yeah, it wouldn't be hard to be a better backup than him.

Man, most of Yzerman's deals have seemed to hit the mark in some form, but that one was a total whiff.
You sir, obviously don't watch any lightning games and just look at stats, thanks for stopping by.

HoseEmDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2013, 06:32 PM
Kramerica Industries

You really want to go that way?

This has nothing to do with stats. Bishop can steal games when the offense and/or defense aren't up to snuff. Lindback cannot. I've seen this all season long.

Old
12-31-2013, 07:24 PM
MattM92

vCash: 50
Quote:

This has nothing to do with stats. Bishop can steal games when the offense and/or defense aren't up to snuff. Lindback cannot. I've seen this all season long.
Quoted for truth.

MattM92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2013, 07:37 PM
HoseEmDown

Quote:

Lindback was stealing games but when you get less then 2 goals of support a game its hard to win.

Lindback is a much better goalie then when we first got him and he still has room to get better. Everyone can hate on him all they want but watch as the season goes on he'll only get better and his numbers will be much improved.

Old
12-31-2013, 07:58 PM
The Macho Man
Fire Cooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoseEmDown View Post
Lindback was stealing games but when you get less then 2 goals of support a game its hard to win.

Lindback is a much better goalie then when we first got him and he still has room to get better. Everyone can hate on him all they want but watch as the season goes on he'll only get better and his numbers will be much improved.
Actually, I don't see much improvement from when he got here. He certainly has room to improve, but he's not, and I don't think ever will be, a game thief. He hasn't stolen a game for us yet, and Bish has done it easily three, four times this season if not more.

Old
12-31-2013, 09:43 PM
Kramerica Industries

Lindy's best game was probably that 2-1 OTL against the Jets. I'm not gonna get on him for that.

But all you need to know is whether you feel even the slightest confidence when he's named the starter in advance. Generally speaking, when you hear Lindback's name in net, you're expecting to need three or more goals to feel like there's a strong chance to win the game.

I feel like the kid's got upside, but I don't think he's ever going to realize it in Tampa. Furthermore, with Bishop's emergence (and hope it's sustainable) and Vasilevskiy on the way, it feels quite likely that Anders' days in Tampa are rather limited.

Old
01-01-2014, 10:17 AM
The Macho Man
Fire Cooper

Agreed - he is going to be a victim of the roster, which is just fine. He may end up like Smith and have a good career elsewhere.

Old
01-01-2014, 11:10 AM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

I still think they tinkered with his mechanics too much.

Old
02-06-2014, 09:09 AM
bennitez7

Any news when he will come to NA? Is he already signed to an ELC?

Do you think that he has a chance to be russia's goalie during the world cup 2014?

Thanks for all your answers in advance!

bennitez7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2014, 09:12 AM
LightningStrikes
VL4ever

vCash: 50
Quote:
I still think they tinkered with his mechanics too much.
Frantz Jean!!!!

LightningStrikes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2014, 09:27 AM
HoseEmDown

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennitez7 View Post
Any news when he will come to NA? Is he already signed to an ELC?

Do you think that he has a chance to be russia's goalie during the world cup 2014?

Thanks for all your answers in advance!
All reports indicate he'll be over next season. No he can't sign one till his KHL contract expires at then end of the year.

No idea, depends on the coaching staff. He might get a shot nust depends on what other goalies are available by then.

Old
02-06-2014, 09:33 AM
bennitez7

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoseEmDown View Post
All reports indicate he'll be over next season. No he can't sign one till his KHL contract expires at then end of the year.
No idea, depends on the coaching staff. He might get a shot nust depends on what other goalies are available by then.
Ah, didn't know that.

Thank you very much for your answer. I was at the WJC in Malmö (for the semis and the finals) and I was very impressed with him (not an expert but he made some incredible saves; so calm and unbelievable quick for his size). I hope he comes over as soon as possible. I'm very interested what he can do in NA.
Also stayed in the same hotel as the canadian team;-). Big fan of Drouin too.
Very nice team and prospect list you have. Good luck to your team!

bennitez7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 08:01 AM
Werewolf

On Boltprospects it states:

"Andrey Vasilevskiy finished up his rookie season of KHL hockey right turning aside 23 shots in Ufa's 3-2 win over Chekhov. Ex-NHLer Ivan Vishnevsky had the eventual game winner for Ufa".

Is he now eligible to come play for the Crunch...like a CHL player can when their season is over? Or does his contract with UFA not end when the season ends? Or does he still need to wait and sign with the Lightning?

Werewolf is offline   Reply With Quote