HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

A Little OT: Cablevisions Future

Old
01-18-2007, 01:43 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

vCash: 500
A Little OT: Cablevisions Future

Was just flipping through the AM dial and caught Mike and the Maddog talking about Isiah Thomas and the Knicks, and of course they brought up Dolan and Isiah.

Mike said that Dolan has more pressing issues on his plate than worrying about sports, among them a sexual harassment case, Dolan trying to go public with Cablevision and "other guys taking a run at them" - meaning outside interest in buying out Cablevision.

I thought that was a worthy comment to discuss, because with it looks like in the next few years with the development of the new MSG Plan and Cablevisions venture into the public sector, even though the company is financially stable - there just might be a chance down the road that Dolan will be no longer.

If you remember, that harassment case is involving a Rangers cheerleader
http://news.public.findlaw.com/injur...601prince.html

Last edited by HockeyBasedNYC: 01-18-2007 at 01:51 PM.
HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2007, 01:53 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Was just flipping through the AM dial and caught Mike and the Maddog talking about Isiah Thomas and the Knicks, and of course they brought up Dolan and Isiah.

Mike said that Dolan has more pressing issues on his plate than worrying about sports, among them a sexual harassment case, Dolan trying to go public with Cablevision and "other guys taking a run at them" - meaning outside interest in buying out Cablevision.

I thought that was a worthy comment to discuss, because with it looks like in the next few years with the development of the new MSG Plan and Cablevisions venture into the public sector, even though the company is financially stable - there just might be a chance down the road that Dolan will be no longer.

If you remember, that harassment case is involving a Rangers cheerleader
http://news.public.findlaw.com/injur...601prince.html
FYI - the Dolans are trying to take Cablevision PRIVATE (i.e. buy all the stock and own the whole thing themselves).

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2007, 01:54 PM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

No doubt there's issues with Dolan and Cablevision, but M & the MD rarely deal in facts. They think that if they yell something loud enough it must be true.

Want to learn about the ponies? Mike is your guy. Want to learn about airline schedules? Talk to Chris. It all ends right there.

This comes from a former loyal listener/watcher of 10+ years.

We need Rangerboy to weigh in with some links about the Cablevision situation.

01-18-2007, 02:36 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
If you remember, that harassment case is involving a Rangers cheerleaderhttp://news.public.findlaw.com/injur...601prince.html
I read this in the news paper and for the life of me I cant remember ever seeing any cheerleaders ever at Ranger games

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2007, 02:38 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
FYI - the Dolans are trying to take Cablevision PRIVATE (i.e. buy all the stock and own the whole thing themselves).
I thought that made more sense... he said public. That shows how credible Mike is.

Old
01-18-2007, 02:53 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

As was mentioned earlier,the Dolans want to take Cablevision private and their offer was rejected by the shareholders.The Dolans offered $30 per share but obviously the shareholders thought it was worth more than that.Since their bid was rejected,there is speculation the Dolans may sell the Rainbow networks-IFC,WE,AMC,FUSE,Fox Sports Bay Area and Fox Sports NE to Liberty media and the cable system to Time Warner.That is nothing new.Jim Dolan would still own the sports assets,MSG,FSNY and Radio City.Time Warner buying the Cablevision cable system would give TMW all of NY-the five boroughs and LI

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2007, 03:24 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
As was mentioned earlier,the Dolans want to take Cablevision private and their offer was rejected by the shareholders.The Dolans offered $30 per share but obviously the shareholders thought it was worth more than that.Since their bid was rejected,there is speculation the Dolans may sell the Rainbow networks-IFC,WE,AMC,FUSE,Fox Sports Bay Area and Fox Sports NE to Liberty media and the cable system to Time Warner.That is nothing new.Jim Dolan would still own the sports assets,MSG,FSNY and Radio City.Time Warner buying the Cablevision cable system would give TMW all of NY-the five boroughs and LI
Thanks for shedding some light on that for me.

Old
01-18-2007, 04:16 PM
nyrmessier011

Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
I would imagine the repurchase of stock to go private would overall benefit the interests of the Rangers/Knicks, atleast if Dolan genuinly cares about the team.

nyrmessier011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2007, 06:30 PM
NYR469

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingHenrik35 View Post
I read this in the news paper and for the life of me I cant remember ever seeing any cheerleaders ever at Ranger games
it was for like 1 year before the lockout. the girls would skate out on the ice during the intermission on ice promotions...

NYR469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2007, 07:01 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingHenrik35 View Post
They were ice girls. They had these glittery womens hockey uniforms that they wore and everything.

I wouldn't trust M&MD with anything besides mispronouncing names or if I need someone to get berated without being able to get a word in without getting shouted down.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote