HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

CHL Prospects Game in Quebec

Old
01-17-2007, 09:31 PM
Mathletic

vCash: 500
CHL Prospects Game in Quebec

just got back from the game

I really liked it, but I should have got the lineups and numbers hehe

I really liked Veilleux, not great speed but when he's in front of the net he moves around unlike many big guys. I think he'll be rewarded for that. Marshall, really good d-man also.

Alzner, wow wicked shot, Kane got lost in traffic at times but it shouldn't hurt him in the long run. Gratchev, good work tonight.

Bashkirov ! Don't expect 50 goals from this guy but I think he can be as solid as Fedotenko was in the Bolts cup run

other than that, Cann didn't impress me. Sexmith or something like that was good, other than that I can't say there's a goalie that impressed me.

... I'll try to come up with some more later

Mathletic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2007, 09:36 PM
Dripper

Just got back from the game too, and I second everything you said in your post

Dripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2007, 09:36 PM
fredez

I only got to watch the 3rd. I agree on Gratchev, he has good hands and works hard.

The one that really got my attention is Akim Aliu, big hardworking guy with very good hands and really not afraid to drive the net.

fredez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2007, 09:39 PM
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future

thanks for the report!

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2007, 09:40 PM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredez View Post
The one that really got my attention is Akim Aliu, big hardworking guy with very good hands and really not afraid to drive the net.
Is he at all like Kyle Okposo? Because that kid has what you mentioned and he's a hell of a player.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2007, 09:42 PM
fredez

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Is he at all like Kyle Okposo? Because that kid has what you mentioned and he's a hell of a player.
Can't tell you, I don't think I've ever seen Okposo play.

fredez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2007, 09:44 PM
Mathletic

yeah, agree on Aliu, great skills, he really stood out when he was on the ice

Sutter wasn't bad either. I thought he made some nice plays but not a flashy player as you can expect.

Old
01-17-2007, 09:46 PM
Mathletic

Quote:
Okposo looks more like a stick handler, while Aliu might play with more speed and forces the play a bit more from what I've seen. Okposo seems to be more of a perimeter player, while Aliu isn't afraid to play in traffic ... but then again, I haven't watched them a whole lot. Okposo only at the WJC and Aliu tonight.

Old
01-17-2007, 09:59 PM
Garp

Aliu reminds me of Getzlaf (from what I saw) when he was playing in juniors: Good speed good size and average hands... but good hockey sense

Garp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2007, 10:13 PM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

I wrote a report on the draft thread, and followed the game on TV so didn't have the same feeling that the people who were there obviously but can't say I agree on Gratchev and Marshall. Wasn't impressed by both, Marshall kept doing turnovers after turnovers and didn't see the hard work that you're talking about Gratchev, he had a tough time handling the puck in lots of occasions. If I had to really choose a shifty player, and not only because of his goals but I would go hands down for Bashkirov.

Aliu, well that's another story.....truly impressive.....

This thread should be put on the draft thread, every input is great to see for the upcoming draft!

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2007, 06:37 AM
Mathletic

Marshall did some turnovers but most of the time were because of miscommunications with forwards

Old
01-18-2007, 07:27 AM
granites

Did you enjoy the game?? do you remember a kid named Logan MacMillan?? He was #11 I think. He had a goal and was playing with Zach Hamill i think. Just wondering how he played. He is ranked 92 in central scouting and wondering if he helped his cause last night or was he just cashing in on what his line mates did for the goal??

granites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2007, 07:55 AM
Mathletic

Quote:
Originally Posted by granites View Post
Did you enjoy the game?? do you remember a kid named Logan MacMillan?? He was #11 I think. He had a goal and was playing with Zach Hamill i think. Just wondering how he played. He is ranked 92 in central scouting and wondering if he helped his cause last night or was he just cashing in on what his line mates did for the goal??
yeah it was fun, it's great to see so many talented guys together on the ice. Added to Angelo and Roman who play for the Remparts, so that added a bit of spice as well.

I saw MacMillan already when Halifax came over to the colisé against the Remparts. I like the guy, I think he could be a valuable asset for an NHL team, he makes me think of Jay McClement a bit.

Old
01-18-2007, 06:02 PM
FTowwn

Quote:
Aliu is big, actually, huuge...he has good speed and really uses his size effectively and has a good shot and scoring touch. he has all the skills, but not the head. he is a loose cannon and easily looses his tempor. if he can improve his vision and mind and put that together with his skills, then watch out... he is a good power forward and has the potential to be one in the nhl as well

However, no, he is nowhere near Okposo. Okposo is a sniper who can also play defence and is much quicker. he is much better than Aliu, however, aliu is still pretty solid

FTowwn is offline   Reply With Quote