HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I think there is a game today

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-01-2014, 09:56 AM
  #126
NoNecksCurse
Registered User
 
NoNecksCurse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,600
vCash: 500
no one is saying weber is terrible and he is our problem. he needs to step up ES. the eye test and statistics back it up. he still is clearly our best defenseman but when he signed that enormous contract, his play should have been elevated. it hasn't.

NoNecksCurse is offline  
Old
01-01-2014, 11:01 AM
  #127
PFL615
Registered User
 
PFL615's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Smashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,578
vCash: 500
His supporting cast has never been elevated either. Peoplr are looking for something to complain about and "stat" check with a microscope. His on ice play does not reflect anything other than an elite d man on a below average team with outdated coaching schemes.

PFL615 is offline  
Old
01-01-2014, 11:07 AM
  #128
Top 6 Spaling
Registered User
 
Top 6 Spaling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 10,303
vCash: 500
I'm not saying Weber is bad. He is a great defenseman and we are absolutely a better team with him. All I'm saying is we need him to step up and be our best player (as he should be) and a leader who really is dedicated to the team. My issue with him is more he isn't at least outwardly showing good leadership (doesn't stand up for teammates, no "angry Shea", etc.)

Top 6 Spaling is online now  
Old
01-01-2014, 11:54 AM
  #129
drwpreds
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 709
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashville615 View Post
His supporting cast has never been elevated either. Peoplr are looking for something to complain about and "stat" check with a microscope. His on ice play does not reflect anything other than an elite d man on a below average team with outdated coaching schemes.
This- exactly........

As a team, 5 on 5 we are minus 24- I guess all the Weber haters think that is all his fault. Of course his numbers are not going to be great as far as plus/minus and goals allowed, etc.......

What do you think our 5 on 5 team numbers would be without Weber? A heck of a lot worse than -24, I can guarantee you that.

If all our fans felt about Weber the way some on this board do, I wouldn't blame him for wanting out of Nashville- in any other true hockey market, Weber would be treated like a God- but not on this board.

All I am saying is that with all the problems we have right now, (and there are alot) there shouldn't be one second of talk about Weber being an issue. To quote Jay-Z- "We got 99 problems, but Shea Weber ain't one"......

drwpreds is offline  
Old
01-01-2014, 12:06 PM
  #130
NoNecksCurse
Registered User
 
NoNecksCurse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,600
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by drwpreds View Post
This- exactly........

As a team, 5 on 5 we are minus 24- I guess all the Weber haters think that is all his fault. Of course his numbers are not going to be great as far as plus/minus and goals allowed, etc.......

What do you think our 5 on 5 team numbers would be without Weber? A heck of a lot worse than -24, I can guarantee you that.

If all our fans felt about Weber the way some on this board do, I wouldn't blame him for wanting out of Nashville- in any other true hockey market, Weber would be treated like a God- but not on this board.

All I am saying is that with all the problems we have right now, (and there are alot) there shouldn't be one second of talk about Weber being an issue. To quote Jay-Z- "We got 99 problems, but Shea Weber ain't one"......
how do you explain us giving up significantly less goals per 60 without shea on the ice? im waiting for the quality of competition excuse. klein seems to perform better than shea and at 2.9 million salary. weber is at what a 14 million actual salary.. if you guys can't see the problem there, then ill give up.

and im sure weber on an actual contending team would be much better. his supporting cast is lackluster and not sure how he feels about the coaching staff. but with him being captain and his salary, more is gonna be expected of him, and it should be.

NoNecksCurse is offline  
Old
01-01-2014, 01:08 PM
  #131
predfan98
Registered User
 
predfan98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,479
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by drwpreds View Post
This- exactly........

As a team, 5 on 5 we are minus 24- I guess all the Weber haters think that is all his fault. Of course his numbers are not going to be great as far as plus/minus and goals allowed, etc.......

What do you think our 5 on 5 team numbers would be without Weber? A heck of a lot worse than -24, I can guarantee you that.

If all our fans felt about Weber the way some on this board do, I wouldn't blame him for wanting out of Nashville- in any other true hockey market, Weber would be treated like a God- but not on this board.

All I am saying is that with all the problems we have right now, (and there are alot) there shouldn't be one second of talk about Weber being an issue. To quote Jay-Z- "We got 99 problems, but Shea Weber ain't one"......
kumbaya and bow down to Weber because he can do no wrong. You're in the wrong message board and the wrong town. We expect people to work and have heart, esp when they are paid the big bucks ...

predfan98 is offline  
Old
01-01-2014, 01:58 PM
  #132
Kamikazepants
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 527
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan98 View Post
kumbaya and bow down to Weber because he can do no wrong. You're in the wrong message board and the wrong town. We expect people to work and have heart, esp when they are paid the big bucks ...
To even insinuate that a guy like Weber might not be working hard this season is ridiculous. Would the team really be giving a guy not giving working hard or "having heart" the fourth most TOI in the league?

Kamikazepants is offline  
Old
01-01-2014, 02:05 PM
  #133
NSHPreds1835
Glads/Preds
 
NSHPreds1835's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Monroe GA
Country: United States
Posts: 699
vCash: 500
Weber had Suter as his D-partner for how many years? Last year didn't Weber primarily play with Josi and this year he's played with Jones and perhaps Josi. Neither of those players are currently the caliber of Ryan Suter, Jones certainly has a huge upside but he's just a rookie and will only get better.

NSHPreds1835 is offline  
Old
01-01-2014, 02:37 PM
  #134
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 17,488
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
how do you explain us giving up significantly less goals per 60 without shea on the ice? im waiting for the quality of competition excuse. klein seems to perform better than shea and at 2.9 million salary. weber is at what a 14 million actual salary.. if you guys can't see the problem there, then ill give up.

and im sure weber on an actual contending team would be much better. his supporting cast is lackluster and not sure how he feels about the coaching staff. but with him being captain and his salary, more is gonna be expected of him, and it should be.
Night in and night out a Weber plays against the other teams top players at even strength, not Klein. Weber plays the most minutes and the toughest minutes against the best players.

triggrman is online now  
Old
01-01-2014, 06:33 PM
  #135
NoNecksCurse
Registered User
 
NoNecksCurse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,600
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Night in and night out a Weber plays against the other teams top players at even strength, not Klein. Weber plays the most minutes and the toughest minutes against the best players.
so you have zero to say about his lackluster performance ES other than he plays against tough competition? isnt he the highest paid defenseman in the NHL and collected $27 million in one calendar year?

NoNecksCurse is offline  
Old
01-01-2014, 07:23 PM
  #136
predfan98
Registered User
 
predfan98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,479
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamikazepants View Post
To even insinuate that a guy like Weber might not be working hard this season is ridiculous. Would the team really be giving a guy not giving working hard or "having heart" the fourth most TOI in the league?
haha.......this is a fan message board. we can insinuate anything that we feel. Weber is human, don't ya know

how much toi someone plays is not an indicator of heart..........

We see the difference in Weber.... We see how he played against Detroit and know he can play that way. And we see all the other games that he doesn't play that way.

predfan98 is offline  
Old
01-01-2014, 09:47 PM
  #137
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short
 
Roman Yoshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Franklin, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,702
vCash: 500
I think Weber hasn't been great so far this year, but neither has the whole team.

Roman Yoshi is offline  
Old
01-01-2014, 10:02 PM
  #138
klt2001
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 632
vCash: 500
Weber is still the best defenseman we have and without him we would be really hurting but I agree w/ the others on the lack of intensity from Weber this year compared to previous years when he was w/ Suter except he was alot better in the Detroit game at least. Maybe w/ the increased energy/intensity from his teammates his beast mode will come out. Except for the last couple games, the whole team's lack of intensity/energy has been evident and may have rubbed off on Weber too but also I personally think he wanted out or preferred to play on a different team (Just my opinion....Just the vibe I get from his demeanor....I could be wrong though.) and so hasn't played to the level we know he can. Hopefully if the team can continue to elevate their game Weber's game will too just like it did in the Detroit game. Imo he was more physical in that game than another other game he played this season or at least the most recent games I have observed. We can only speculate where his heart is at and/or if he is wanting to be at Nashville or traded/go to another team or not but I like to see more intensity from him in general and the beast mode he has displayed in the past that I haven't seen much of this year. I like to see that intensity from the whole team actually. They showed that intensity in the last two games. Hopefully they can keep it up. If not, it's going to be a long boring season.


Last edited by klt2001: 01-01-2014 at 10:59 PM.
klt2001 is offline  
Old
01-01-2014, 10:46 PM
  #139
klt2001
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 632
vCash: 500
http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...-rested-Fisher

klt2001 is offline  
Old
01-01-2014, 11:34 PM
  #140
klt2001
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 632
vCash: 500
Weber plays alot of minutes too and maybe w/ Suter it was alot easier for him to go into beast mode because he had Suter to relay on. Now w/o Suter, he has to probably take on more of a role and has more on his shoulder to bare being paired w/ less experienced defensemans which I'm sure can be taxing. So I will just give him the benefit of the doubt but still would like to see more intensity from him and the whole team as except for the last two games the team imo hasn't been as physical and energetic as I would have liked this year.


Last edited by klt2001: 01-01-2014 at 11:46 PM.
klt2001 is offline  
Old
01-02-2014, 07:34 AM
  #141
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 17,488
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
so you have zero to say about his lackluster performance ES other than he plays against tough competition? isnt he the highest paid defenseman in the NHL and collected $27 million in one calendar year?
No because I don't see it. As a whole this team has sucked at 5-5 so of course Weber's going to take a stats hit there since he plays almost half the game.

Why is it Weber's play is lackluster but Josi has been great?

When I watch them play I see Weber covering a lot for Josi, I see Weber carrying the physical load and the total shutdown role.

Weber isn't a great passer, never will be. He's brute force, his offense and defense both rely on that.

I'd love to see Weber's numbers if we had an offense that could effectively pick up his rebounds.

I've seen a lot on here talk about how Weber just not physical this year and I shake my head. He's still consistently playing the body, he's just not throwing that big hit. IMHO, it's because he's been told or just doesn't feel comfortable taking as many risk now.

I know this, you take Weber off our defense and we become physically weak and will be manhandled down low.

triggrman is online now  
Old
01-02-2014, 07:45 AM
  #142
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Outside
Country: Scotland
Posts: 13,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by klt2001 View Post
I like that Trotz said basically Leggy hasnt done squat all year... and he wonders why poile isnt negotiating with him

But the problem is Fisher and Leggy are both 'older" (by NHL standards) as is Cullen so we are going to be at risk for these guys getting worn out

PredsV82 is offline  
Old
01-02-2014, 08:09 AM
  #143
AtlantaWhaler
Moderator
Thrash/Preds/Sabres
 
AtlantaWhaler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 11,610
vCash: 500
New GDT is up:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1572793

AtlantaWhaler is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:13 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.