HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Taylor Pyatt - Claimed By Pitt 1/2

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-01-2014, 01:46 PM
  #26
Jabroni
Moderator
The Corporate Mod
 
Jabroni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,542
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane One View Post
He was up with the Rangers? Was he scratched all the time or something? Because I honestly don't think I heard his name in at least a month.
He's been a healthy scratch.

__________________
Jabroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2014, 02:18 PM
  #27
bernmeister
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 7,936
vCash: 500
Nothing personal vs the guy, but fin-o freakin fuggin lee!!!

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2014, 02:21 PM
  #28
Mio41
Ron Harris #3
 
Mio41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 2,428
vCash: 500
If we didn't have so many 4th line players, wouldn't mind a 4th line of Boyle-Moore- Pyatt, but Dorsett is not good enough to be on the 3rd line and with his speed, heart and PK is more valuable than Pyatt

Mio41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2014, 02:26 PM
  #29
Dagoon44
Registered User
 
Dagoon44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 4,880
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Where are all the Pyatt lovers from last season when he had a good 2 weeks and was the star of the boards? Guy sucks no heart limited talent AHL player now..

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2014, 02:31 PM
  #30
TBLightning24
SFY for President!
 
TBLightning24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 1,336
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidic15 View Post
Good. Callahan needs to showcase his talent (shot-blocking) to all the attending scouts.


Was thinking more like this he can show off.....


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9L3be2cWq6Q

or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZOtyQ2H3CQ

or maybe this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TePv1EpC0do

But yeah he only blocks shots.

TBLightning24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2014, 02:33 PM
  #31
ColonialsHockey10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 9,414
vCash: 500
Pyatt was a very solid 3rd liner before coming here.

I'm telling you folks, there's something in the water here.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2014, 02:38 PM
  #32
RangersHank*
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 2,009
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=NYRangers1979;77120335]

Was thinking more like this he can show off.....


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9L3be2cWq6Q

or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZOtyQ2H3CQ

or maybe this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TePv1EpC0do

But yeah he only blocks shots. [/

Videos dont change the fact that Callahan is a 3rd liner

RangersHank* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2014, 02:40 PM
  #33
Ola
Registered User
 
Ola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 17,274
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
Why is Brooks the only one reporting this? Hell, Gross has even tweeted since noon and it was just to tell us he's travelling and will update on team USA later

No report from Lavoie, McKenzie, or Dreger either who are usually all over the waiver wire.

Guess everyone is caught up in the Winter Classic?

He'll clear.
Hehe, reporters drink like there is no tomorrow. Half of them are probably not in game shape right now...

Seems like Gross, Leonard and co are the classic hang-over type guys too. Not suprised at all to not see reports from them today. Seems like Brooks is the type that screws off the cap from the Vodka bottle and then throws it away.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2014, 03:03 PM
  #34
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls
 
Brian Boyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,608
vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
Where are all the Pyatt lovers from last season when he had a good 2 weeks and was the star of the boards? Guy sucks no heart limited talent AHL player now..
Footage not found

__________________
Rangers Unlimited
Hockey Graphs
Brian Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2014, 03:21 PM
  #35
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,536
vCash: 500
195 day season. Today is day 93. $925,000 counts. Pro-rate the $625,000. $298,077. $1,223,077 is the total cap charge assuming Pyatt is assigned to the AHL and remains there. Rangers would save $326,923 sending Pyatt to the AHL. Not much.

Pyatt is making $1.65M in salary. Another team is not claiming him. Nearly $900,000 for the rest of the season. $863,076.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2014, 03:57 PM
  #36
BBKers
Registered User
 
BBKers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: South Koster, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 5,598
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
195 day season. Today is day 93. $925,000 counts. Pro-rate the $625,000. $298,077. $1,223,077 is the total cap charge assuming Pyatt is assigned to the AHL and remains there. Rangers would save $326,923 sending Pyatt to the AHL. Not much.

Pyatt is making $1.65M in salary. Another team is not claiming him. Nearly $900,000 for the rest of the season. $863,076.
They might have a deal in place taking back some salary in another lousy contract, but want to see if there is a team willing to take him off waivers for nothing first. Taking back a nobody basically. Has happened before...

Sather gets his obligatory annual goon?

I thought they only get the cap hit for the sum that is above $925.000 (I E $625.000 prorated = $298,077). Or is this incorrect??

BBKers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2014, 06:37 PM
  #37
NYR2007
Registered User
 
NYR2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 539
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
195 day season. Today is day 93. $925,000 counts. Pro-rate the $625,000. $298,077. $1,223,077 is the total cap charge assuming Pyatt is assigned to the AHL and remains there. Rangers would save $326,923 sending Pyatt to the AHL. Not much.

Pyatt is making $1.65M in salary. Another team is not claiming him. Nearly $900,000 for the rest of the season. $863,076.
Rangerboy goes again making stuff up

NYR2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2014, 09:12 PM
  #38
MSD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 21
vCash: 500
Don't let the door hit you on the way out!

MSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2014, 10:02 PM
  #39
iamitter
Thornton's Hen
 
iamitter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,359
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
195 day season. Today is day 93. $925,000 counts. Pro-rate the $625,000. $298,077. $1,223,077 is the total cap charge assuming Pyatt is assigned to the AHL and remains there. Rangers would save $326,923 sending Pyatt to the AHL. Not much.

Pyatt is making $1.65M in salary. Another team is not claiming him. Nearly $900,000 for the rest of the season. $863,076.
Isn't it the other way around? 925,000 doesn't count, so you prorate that to see how much you save (483,846). Still, it barely makes a difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
They might have a deal in place taking back some salary in another lousy contract, but want to see if there is a team willing to take him off waivers for nothing first. Taking back a nobody basically. Has happened before...

Sather gets his obligatory annual goon?

I thought they only get the cap hit for the sum that is above $925.000 (I E $625.000 prorated = $298,077). Or is this incorrect??
Yes and no. They had his full 1550000 for 93/195 days. They're going to have 625000 for 102/195. So basically 1066154, or 483845 saved.

iamitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2014, 05:00 AM
  #40
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,536
vCash: 500
I see what I posted. Don't drink on an empty stomach. Not very smart.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2014, 06:36 AM
  #41
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 22,751
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
Pyatt was a very solid 3rd liner before coming here.

I'm telling you folks, there's something in the water here.
No kidding. I applauded his acquisition. It was no huge move, but he's always been a dependable bottom six player that was responsible defensively and could chip in some points. Then he comes here and just looks like a pylon. Seems to happen pretty regularly in these parts.

When was the last time we acquired a "third line" guy that lived up to or exceeded expectations? Prust? Fedotenko? Barnaby? The list is small.

__________________

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2014, 06:55 AM
  #42
eco's bones
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Elmira NY
Country: United States
Posts: 12,263
vCash: 500
Can't say I cared much for us signing him especially after finding out he hadn't killed any penalties with his last team. Bring someone in for your bottom lines he's absolutely got to be versatile. Didn't fight--didn't kill penalties, he hit sometimes but never very hard, didn't score much--what did he do? He got a $1.5 mil per year contract. Way too much for what he did--even if he did continue to occasionally contribute to the offense. Wish him good luck but I've never wanted him on this team.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2014, 06:57 AM
  #43
Amazing Kreiderman
Night-shift fan!
 
Amazing Kreiderman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Netherlands
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 5,205
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
Pyatt was a very solid 3rd liner before coming here.

I'm telling you folks, there's something in the water here.
Drury, Redden, Gomez, Richards, Pyatt, Pouliot, Frolov, Halpern, Voros, Lisin, Mara... So many players that did not bring what was expected. However, I don't think this only applies to the Rangers. I am pretty sure you find these examples in every franchise.

The real problem we have, is that we seem unable to pick a strategy and stick with it. We go for FA's, then we trade them, we draft D-men, and afterwards we have to trade for forwards. If this franchise could make up their mind about how they want to continue forward, we might stand a chance at being a solid contender in the future.

__________________
There are two types of people in this world: those who can extrapolate from incomplete data;
Amazing Kreiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2014, 08:15 AM
  #44
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,339
vCash: 500
Well bright side is Pyatt is a ufa and off the books soon. Ditto for powe, asham , Moore and Boyle . Boyle should atleast get a player back

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2014, 08:34 AM
  #45
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 22,751
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Can't say I cared much for us signing him especially after finding out he hadn't killed any penalties with his last team. Bring someone in for your bottom lines he's absolutely got to be versatile. Didn't fight--didn't kill penalties, he hit sometimes but never very hard, didn't score much--what did he do? He got a $1.5 mil per year contract. Way too much for what he did--even if he did continue to occasionally contribute to the offense. Wish him good luck but I've never wanted him on this team.
I remember Pyatt with the Canucks, when he killed penalties. Did he somehow lose the ability to do that? He was never the most swift of skaters, so it's hard for me to believe he didn't kill penalties here due to deteriorating skills. Was he just misused? It's not unusual for us to bring in a guy and then not utilize him to the fullest extent.

Who knows. He clearly didn't work out though. I wouldn't be surprised to see him land somewhere else next year and reestablish himself as a valuable role player.

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2014, 08:38 AM
  #46
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,705
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
No kidding. I applauded his acquisition. It was no huge move, but he's always been a dependable bottom six player that was responsible defensively and could chip in some points. Then he comes here and just looks like a pylon. Seems to happen pretty regularly in these parts.

When was the last time we acquired a "third line" guy that lived up to or exceeded expectations? Prust? Fedotenko? Barnaby? The list is small.
Heres the thing. What was Pyatt's job here? What was his role? What situation could be looked at as "this is a job for Taylor Pyatt?" Nothing. And that seems to be the case with most imported bottom 6 players. Their job is to seemingly just eat some minutes -- thats not good enough for me, and plays into the bigger picture of a rudderless organizational philosophy.

Bleed Ranger Blue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2014, 08:41 AM
  #47
eco's bones
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Elmira NY
Country: United States
Posts: 12,263
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
I remember Pyatt with the Canucks, when he killed penalties. Did he somehow lose the ability to do that? He was never the most swift of skaters, so it's hard for me to believe he didn't kill penalties here due to deteriorating skills. Was he just misused? It's not unusual for us to bring in a guy and then not utilize him to the fullest extent.

Who knows. He clearly didn't work out though. I wouldn't be surprised to see him land somewhere else next year and reestablish himself as a valuable role player.
Not sure he was ever a really good pk'er--if I remember correctly he played two years in Phoenix and wasn't used in that role at all. Torts didn't use him as a pk'er either. Torts had his guys--Boyle, Callahan, Prust, Fedotenko--blocking shots. Av had Pyatt killing penalties until he took him out of the lineup.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2014, 08:49 AM
  #48
eco's bones
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Elmira NY
Country: United States
Posts: 12,263
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Heres the thing. What was Pyatt's job here? What was his role? What situation could be looked at as "this is a job for Taylor Pyatt?" Nothing. And that seems to be the case with most imported bottom 6 players. Their job is to seemingly just eat some minutes -- thats not good enough for me, and plays into the bigger picture of a rudderless organizational philosophy.
That about sums it up. Pyatt had no job other than to give some guys a breather. OTOH Halpern's job seemed to be just take face-offs and kill penalties and that was it. Asham's was just to fight--even guys well above his weight class. He didn't pk either. Powe comes in basically to do what Halpern was doing. These were the replacements for Prust, Dubinsky, Ansimov and Fedotenko that Sather gave Torts to work with. Collaterally losing Prust dragged Boyle's play down.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2014, 08:50 AM
  #49
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 22,751
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Not sure he was ever a really good pk'er--if I remember correctly he played two years in Phoenix and wasn't used in that role at all. Torts didn't use him as a pk'er either. Torts had his guys--Boyle, Callahan, Prust, Fedotenko--blocking shots. Av had Pyatt killing penalties until he took him out of the lineup.
I just went back and looked at his statistics: one year in Phoenix, he killed penalties. Two years, he didn't. Vancouver he did on and off. So I guess he's capable, but doesn't excel in that area? I don't know. BRB's makes the point, though--why did we bring him in? I thought he could be a decent third/fourth line guy that killed penalties and scored 25 or more points. I guess if he's not killing penalties, and no one else on the team can score, then he's just a warm body.

I feel like we sign guys, and we can see roles for them, but they're not used in that role that we envisioned. Or they weren't cut out for the role to begin with. I don't know. As I said though, I bet Pyatt finds some degree of success elsewhere.

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2014, 08:52 AM
  #50
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 29,779
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Not sure he was ever a really good pk'er--if I remember correctly he played two years in Phoenix and wasn't used in that role at all. Torts didn't use him as a pk'er either. Torts had his guys--Boyle, Callahan, Prust, Fedotenko--blocking shots. Av had Pyatt killing penalties until he took him out of the lineup.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
That about sums it up. Pyatt had no job other than to give some guys a breather. OTOH Halpern's job seemed to be just take face-offs and kill penalties and that was it. Asham's was just to fight--even guys well above his weight class. He didn't pk either. Powe comes in basically to do what Halpern was doing. These were the replacements for Prust, Dubinsky, Ansimov and Fedotenko that Sather gave Torts to work with. Collaterally losing Prust dragged Boyle's play down.
It's amazing how much money this GM on these none-dimensional players.

__________________
SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:29 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.