HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013-2014 Rangers Prospects Thread *Part II* (Player Stats in Post #1; Updated 1/31)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-02-2014, 08:25 AM
  #276
Machinehead
Moderator
Hank, pls
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: United States
Posts: 37,050
vCash: 500
I honestly hope Bushnevich doesn't make it. I don't want scum on this team.

__________________
Machinehead is offline  
Old
01-02-2014, 08:28 AM
  #277
Ola
Registered User
 
Ola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 17,827
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
I honestly hope Bushnevich doesn't make it. I don't want scum on this team.
Hehe, I was wondering if someone was watching the game...

Two goals by Buch. After the 2nd, an empty netter, he skates by the US bench while cheering and gets speared in the face by Hartman.

Everyone knows that there is an extreme amount of mocking going on at the WJC's level and that especially Canada always is by far the worst offenders. But the Russians don't seem to care about cameras unlike Canada for example. Stupid by Buch for sure. Two goals was nice thoug.

Ola is offline  
Old
01-02-2014, 08:29 AM
  #278
McDonagh27
Registered User
 
McDonagh27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,550
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
I honestly hope Bushnevich doesn't make it. I don't want scum on this team.
He's 18 years old playing against a heavily favored team and his team won. I'm sure there was trash talk on both sides.

McDonagh27 is offline  
Old
01-02-2014, 08:30 AM
  #279
Ola
Registered User
 
Ola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 17,827
vCash: 500
I like Skjei's size and physical precense. Good composure defensively. He got a heavy shot. He is a solid skater at this level, but nothing special. He is a little bit slow at passing the puck too.

Could turn into a Sauer type of D.

Ola is offline  
Old
01-02-2014, 08:31 AM
  #280
Machinehead
Moderator
Hank, pls
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: United States
Posts: 37,050
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDonagh27 View Post
He's 18 years old playing against a heavily favored team and his team won. I'm sure there was trash talk on both sides.
Talking is one thing. That was "look at how special I am" grandstanding. I don't want that on the Rangers.

Machinehead is offline  
Old
01-02-2014, 08:32 AM
  #281
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 19,052
vCash: 500
Didn't watch the game, but if the guy was being cocky i'm all for it. I'm sure in a tournament full of kids there's tons of ****-talking going on.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline  
Old
01-02-2014, 08:35 AM
  #282
McDonagh27
Registered User
 
McDonagh27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,550
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Talking is one thing. That was "look at how special I am" grandstanding. I don't want that on the Rangers.
Agreed, but give the teenager some chance of maturing before wanting Slats to get rid of him. We might not need trash talkers but we sure as hell need some scoring. This guy is one of the few prospects the Rangers have who actually looks like he could produce at a consistent level as he graduates to the pros (if he comes over)

McDonagh27 is offline  
Old
01-02-2014, 08:36 AM
  #283
Machinehead
Moderator
Hank, pls
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: United States
Posts: 37,050
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDonagh27 View Post
Agreed, but give the teenager some chance of maturing before wanting Slats to get rid of him. We might not need trash talkers but we sure as hell need some scoring. This guy is one of the few prospects the Rangers have who actually looks like he could produce at a consistent level as he graduates to the pros (if he comes over)
Well in that regard today he got his only 2 goals and one was an empty netter. That's not exactly great either.

Machinehead is offline  
Old
01-02-2014, 08:38 AM
  #284
Kshahdoo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Moscow, Russia
Posts: 3,214
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Well in that regard today he got his only 2 goals and one was an empty netter. That's not exactly great either.
Yes, but he had a few top class assists before. He's 2+5 in 5 games. Is it a bad statistics?

Kshahdoo is offline  
Old
01-02-2014, 08:39 AM
  #285
Ola
Registered User
 
Ola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 17,827
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDonagh27 View Post
He's 18 years old playing against a heavily favored team and his team won. I'm sure there was trash talk on both sides.
Yeah, but he looks like an idiot though.

He got a bit of cherry picker aura, at least you'd like to see him move his feet a lot more at least.

But he is a very talented hockey player. He moves the puck real well and slick and he is actually good in 1 on 1 battles. He was out to defend the lead with a minute to go. He is actually pretty responsible defensively. He is a pick in line with Grachev and Anisimov. More potential but than those two, a little less suited for NA hockey. But overall a good value pick in terms of talent for sure.

Ola is offline  
Old
01-02-2014, 08:47 AM
  #286
Ola
Registered User
 
Ola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 17,827
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Well in that regard today he got his only 2 goals and one was an empty netter. That's not exactly great either.
Stupid move.

But at the same time, it was a lot less than what Tavares and co did against the US a while back (see from 1:10):


Ola is offline  
Old
01-02-2014, 08:49 AM
  #287
darko
Registered User
 
darko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Country: Australia
Posts: 32,618
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
I honestly hope Bushnevich doesn't make it. I don't want scum on this team.

That's just crazy talk. He'll grow up.

darko is online now  
Old
01-02-2014, 08:53 AM
  #288
UAGoalieGuy
Registered User
 
UAGoalieGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Long Island,New York
Country: United States
Posts: 8,710
vCash: 500
Still don't spear a guy in the face. Go fight him don't potentially severely injure another player bcuz your upset your team lost.

UAGoalieGuy is offline  
Old
01-02-2014, 08:58 AM
  #289
Levitate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 21,041
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Hehe, I was wondering if someone was watching the game...

Two goals by Buch. After the 2nd, an empty netter, he skates by the US bench while cheering and gets speared in the face by Hartman.

Everyone knows that there is an extreme amount of mocking going on at the WJC's level and that especially Canada always is by far the worst offenders. But the Russians don't seem to care about cameras unlike Canada for example. Stupid by Buch for sure. Two goals was nice thoug.
Yeah, you have immature kids playing at a high level sporting event against each other with a massive amount of nationalist pride going on with every team and I wouldn't even be surprised if the Russian players are getting some encouragement to show up the USA and Canada as a way to promote the KHL as well.

It doesn't make it less dumb but these are kids and there's plenty of incredibly stupid nationalist crap that goes on by the adults running these things and cheering for their teams.

Levitate is online now  
Old
01-02-2014, 08:58 AM
  #290
Ail
k.
 
Ail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 18,128
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
I honestly hope Bushnevich doesn't make it. I don't want scum on this team.
Our team lost and the entire board made it about celebrations and being classless. USA typical.

Should be mad at the boys for giving Buch the opportunity to gloat. America is the gloating capital of the world and getting it back does not surprise nor bother me.

Russia was the better team. USA couldn't create anything for an entire period, even when they weren't in the box. Their PP went from incredible to abysmal. No excuses.

__________________

rip
Ail is offline  
Old
01-02-2014, 08:58 AM
  #291
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato
 
HatTrick Swayze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,580
vCash: 500
The WJC often has over the top obnoxious cellys like that. You see it all the time. It's the age those kids are.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like it and I don't want to see it at MSG. At all. But you gotta give the kid a shot to mature.

Tough draw for the US having to face that Russian team in the quarters.

__________________
"Here we can see the agression of american people. They love fighting and guns. when they wont win they try to kill us all." -HalfOfFame
HatTrick Swayze is online now  
Old
01-02-2014, 09:03 AM
  #292
eco's bones
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Elmira NY
Country: United States
Posts: 12,756
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
I honestly hope Bushnevich doesn't make it. I don't want scum on this team.
Breathe.

All this **** is par for the course in these events. When the Stepan/Kreider/Kristo team won the WJC for the US they did a lot of taunting afterwards as well.

eco's bones is offline  
Old
01-02-2014, 09:06 AM
  #293
jniklast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: Germany
Posts: 4,787
vCash: 500
I'm sure if he did that against any other nation there'd hardly be any talk about it here. It's stupid and unnecessary, but he's 18 and wishing him out of the system is way overboard.

jniklast is offline  
Old
01-02-2014, 09:07 AM
  #294
eco's bones
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Elmira NY
Country: United States
Posts: 12,756
vCash: 500
Part of it is Canada's team year in year out is mostly CHL players.

The United States team is mostly College players with a few CHL players.

The Swedes are mostly playing in the Sweden--the Russians in Russia--there may be a few in the CHL but not many.

The players don't know each other for the most part from playing on the same teams or against each other in the same leagues.

eco's bones is offline  
Old
01-02-2014, 09:07 AM
  #295
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 6,667
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
The WJC often has over the top obnoxious cellys like that. You see it all the time. It's the age those kids are.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like it and I don't want to see it at MSG. At all. But you gotta give the kid a shot to mature.

Tough draw for the US having to face that Russian team in the quarters.
He doesn't need to mature. There was back and forth from everyone, the entire game - to the poster above...would you not want N. Zadorov on your team, either who was in every USA players face the entire game? Or how about Artem Anisimov whom everyone thought was god when he mocked TBL?

It's only different because these guys are needed to be under the microscope as non-NHL'ers by fans who don't see them alot and it involves patriotic pride disguised as hockey analysis. Let's be honest.

How about taking a look at the player and team who irrationally speared him neck and higher from the bench?! I may be in the minority, but if one of your better players can spear in this manner, it points to the reason they probably lost...

Anthony Mauro is offline  
Old
01-02-2014, 09:09 AM
  #296
UAGoalieGuy
Registered User
 
UAGoalieGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Long Island,New York
Country: United States
Posts: 8,710
vCash: 500
That was a cowards move by Hartman.

UAGoalieGuy is offline  
Old
01-02-2014, 09:20 AM
  #297
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato
 
HatTrick Swayze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,580
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony Mauro View Post
He doesn't need to mature. There was back and forth from everyone, the entire game - to the poster above...would you not want N. Zadorov on your team, either who was in every USA players face the entire game? Or how about Artem Anisimov whom everyone thought was god when he mocked TBL?

It's only different because these guys are needed to be under the microscope as non-NHL'ers by fans who don't see them alot and it involves patriotic pride disguised as hockey analysis. Let's be honest.

How about taking a look at the player and team who irrationally speared him neck and higher from the bench?! I may be in the minority, but if one of your better players can spear in this manner, it points to the reason they probably lost...
Relax dude. Lot of generalizations. First of all, I never said I wouldn't want a player who acts like that on my team. But I also would not like seeing at it the NHL level when you are representing the NY Rangers. I didn't like it when Anisimov did it either. But I still was a fan of Anisimov.

Like I said, this happens all the time at the WJC. It's a maturity thing. You see the vast majority of players tone it down or direct their energy differently at the NHL level. It's a non issue.

HatTrick Swayze is online now  
Old
01-02-2014, 09:27 AM
  #298
Green Blob*
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,257
vCash: 500
to the posters who are crying that Buch made a silly gesture to a bench. Who exactly needs to do the growing up?

Green Blob* is offline  
Old
01-02-2014, 09:39 AM
  #299
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 23,866
vCash: 145
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
I honestly hope Bushnevich doesn't make it. I don't want scum on this team.
Scum? That's a little harsh for an 18 year old kid who made a mistake in public. If that move makes a kid scum, I'd love to know what you'd label me if you went back and looked at my behavior at age 18. Or, we could go back and examine your life and call you nasty things...

Hilarious overreaction is hilarious.

Anyway, Buch had a pretty good tournament. I'm just glad he's back healthy. Sucks that he's already been hit by the concussion bug at a young age.

__________________

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline  
Old
01-02-2014, 09:46 AM
  #300
McDonagh
Slow it down 30GHz
 
McDonagh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,849
vCash: 500
I didn't see it, but I really don't mind that sort of thing. It's why I liked Sean Avery so much and have a secret liking for Brad Marchand. Love it when the other team gets going.

McDonagh is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:00 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.