HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

[EDM/BUF] Linus Omark For Conditional 6th '14

Old
01-01-2014, 04:07 PM
OneMoreAstronaut
Reduce chainsaw size

vCash: 1360
I'm not an Omark hater. I liked Omark. He's just not an Oiler anymore and the trade isn't being talked about anymore either, it's just "here's how Omark is doing on the Sabres".

Anyway, whatever. I'll ignore the thread. Or wait til he scores a goal.

OneMoreAstronaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2014, 04:52 PM
Psycho Dad
Oil Kings

vCash: 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskies4life View Post
The Omark haters are just as if not more obnoxious and annoying then the Omark fan club, this goes both ways.

Good luck to him with the Sabres, wishing him a good career.
No one hates him, we're just having a little fun. The organization has 99 problems more pressing than the fate of a guy like Omark.

Psycho Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2014, 06:36 PM
harpoon
FOB

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bozwell View Post
they were ignoring my observation and prediction.
Because it wasn't interesting.
Some people like Omark and want him to have success. Why is this a problem for you?

harpoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2014, 06:52 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by harpoon View Post
Because it wasn't interesting.
Some people like Omark and want him to have success. Why is this a problem for you?
when he has his first good game the omark fan boy club will come out and bash oiler management and ignore all the nothingness he has doen

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2014, 07:25 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Dad View Post
No one hates him, we're just having a little fun. The organization has 99 problems more pressing than the fate of a guy like Omark.
Exactly. People hated the Omark fanboys, not Omark

01-01-2014, 07:37 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
Exactly. People hated the Omark fanboys, not Omark
ding ding

omark fan boys are laying in wait

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2014, 07:40 PM
Beerfish

LOL at some posters being upset that his thread is ongoing and blaming anyone that supported omark when the vast majorioty of the posts are ones of people blasting him and revelling in the fact he is gone and happily posting all zero stat lines.

Beerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2014, 08:58 PM
OneMoreAstronaut
Reduce chainsaw size

vCash: 1360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
LOL at some posters being upset that his thread is ongoing and blaming anyone that supported omark when the vast majorioty of the posts are ones of people blasting him and revelling in the fact he is gone and happily posting all zero stat lines.
LOL at some posters not realizing the vast majority of posts were made two weeks ago when the thread was still relevant to the Oilers. Since we're being passive aggressive.

I asked whether we really needed continuous Omark updates now that the trade is well in the rear view. That's all. Jeepers.

OneMoreAstronaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2014, 09:06 PM
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

Can we bring back the Reider/Kessy trade thread?

Funny how nobody ever bumps the Perron trade thread. Hmmm...

GreatKeith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2014, 09:40 PM
harpoon
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozwell View Post
when he has his first good game the omark fan boy club will come out and bash oiler management and ignore all the nothingness he has doen
And? You think you're Nostradamus for pointing out the most absurdly obvious thing ever? Seven times?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
Precisely. There are no "Omark fanboys" here today, or yesterday. Just jts with more tiresome predictions.

The "Omark fanboys", I guess would be some of the Swedish posters who started posting at hfoil around the time this team drafted players like MPS, Omark and Lander. I find it grossly inhospitable that those posters aren't "allowed" to follow/discuss/cheer on the progress of their countrymen without being called "fanboys".

Here's a thought, if your only reason for posting in this thread is to continue to trumpet your "eye for the game" because you picked Omark as a non NHLer, then maybe just refrain.

Last edited by harpoon: 01-01-2014 at 09:47 PM.
Old
01-02-2014, 12:28 AM
NAF
Beauty Fakes

vCash: 590
I really liked Omark. I hope he can achieve his dreams and carve out an NHL career. I'm also really glad he's no longer a part of this organization. I'm also pretty sure that "fan boy" is a derogatory term intended to demean and belittle, and as such unacceptable conduct for this board.

Quote:
Posting Rules: Unacceptable Conduct
1) Flaming: Do not post any messages that harass, insult (name calling), belittle, threaten or mock other members.
Seriously. It's the first rule.

NAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2014, 01:15 AM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAF View Post
I really liked Omark. I hope he can achieve his dreams and carve out an NHL career. I'm also really glad he's no longer a part of this organization. I'm also pretty sure that "fan boy" is a derogatory term intended to demean and belittle, and as such unacceptable conduct for this board.

Seriously. It's the first rule.
It's really not that harsh of a word, and I don't think people are saying it towards a particular poster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpoon View Post
And? You think you're Nostradamus for pointing out the most absurdly obvious thing ever? Seven times?
Precisely. There are no "Omark fanboys" here today, or yesterday. Just jts with more tiresome predictions.

The "Omark fanboys", I guess would be some of the Swedish posters who started posting at hfoil around the time this team drafted players like MPS, Omark and Lander. I find it grossly inhospitable that those posters aren't "allowed" to follow/discuss/cheer on the progress of their countrymen without being called "fanboys".

Here's a thought, if your only reason for posting in this thread is to continue to trumpet your "eye for the game" because you picked Omark as a non NHLer, then maybe just refrain.
Where are you getting that from? It's when you have someone saying that the only reason Omark isn't producing like Forsberg in his prime is because the Oilers ruined him, that the term fanboy starts to get mentioned. There is a lot of posters from Europe that post on here. They just don't make ridiculous claims and act like their favorite player is the best player in the world.

The Nuge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2014, 02:35 AM
TheWarriorSwe

This is a messege made available by the SIHO (Swedish icehockey organisation) propaga

Hi guys, just wanna let you guys know am the current fanboy on Omark watch. If Omark does something awesome in the next 3hours it is my duty to post it here and flame you guys and your organisation.

Obviously as fans of Omark but first and foremost fans of the game of icehockey we feel that its not only our enjoyment, no but also our duty to kick on the oilers. Kicking on someone who is allready down is what icehockey and the nation of Sweden is all about.

Sense none of us fanboys have posted yet, i felt it was necesary to make our precense known to fuel the flame and add another page or two off people who can see into the future.

Omark is probably asleep now, so am having the graveyeard shift. However we have 4posters on active duty for the night game. If Omark touches the puck this messege board is gonna explode!

Omark on the outside track for Sochi!

TheWarriorSwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2014, 02:39 AM
harpoon
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
It's really not that harsh of a word, and I don't think people are saying it towards a particular poster.
Not today, but some were just a few days ago. As for the term "fanboy" not being harsh ... will it be OK if posters refer to you as a Nuge fanboy?

Quote:
Where are you getting that from?
From reading the board every day. I saw it happen again and again over the last few seasons. Not saying you were involved, cause actually I wasn't even talking to you. Others were, shall we say, less gracious than yourself.

Old
01-02-2014, 03:11 AM
lakai17

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarriorSwe View Post
Sense none of us fanboys have posted yet, i felt it was necesary to make our precense known to fuel the flame and add another page or two off people who can see into the future.
You boys give us a ring-ding-ding when Omark is sent to Rochester.

lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2014, 07:27 AM
Psycho Dad
Oil Kings

Quote:
Obviously as fans of Omark but first and foremost fans of the game of icehockey we feel that its not only our enjoyment, no but also our duty to kick on the oilers. Kicking on someone who is allready down is what icehockey and the nation of Sweden is all about.
We know. You folks have been bumping Omark threads for the last several years, taking potshots at the team because your prospect couldn't make the grade. Not really participating in any other conversation about the real shortcomings of the organization, just this myopic focus on one weird little dude. Now the shoe is on the other foot. We're glad you're okay with us kicking on Omark. Turnabout is fair play.

Old
01-02-2014, 08:39 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 484
Is Buffalo getting ripped for only playing him 12 minutes a night?

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2014, 08:49 AM
CornKicker
Still burning Lowood

vCash: 694
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Is Buffalo getting ripped for only playing him 12 minutes a night?
they are in the standings as they keep getting pounded.

CornKicker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2014, 09:34 AM
TheWarriorSwe

Am here to let you know, Omark woke up a few hours ago. Feels great today had a really good morning dump. Today miracles might happen!

Quote:
We know. You folks have been bumping Omark threads for the last several years, taking potshots at the team because your prospect couldn't make the grade. Not really participating in any other conversation about the real shortcomings of the organization, just this myopic focus on one weird little dude. Now the shoe is on the other foot. We're glad you're okay with us kicking on Omark. Turnabout is fair play.
Are you implying the shortcomings off the oilers is not the fact that they didnt use Omark?

Oilers could have been top of the league.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
You boys give us a ring-ding-ding when Omark is sent to Rochester.
Definitly i will. I am a bit upset you didnt give me a call to say the nuge got the leading role in the new hobbit movie.
It was nice to see him productive thou!

Old
01-02-2014, 09:52 AM
vespa99

Quote:
Hi guys, just wanna let you guys know am the current fanboy on Omark watch. If Omark does something awesome in the next 3hours it is my duty to post it here and flame you guys and your organisation.

Omark is probably asleep now, so am having the graveyeard shift. However we have 4posters on active duty for the night game. If Omark touches the puck this messege board is gonna explode!

Omark on the outside track for Sochi!
Classic Hello in Sweden. Your team looks damn good in the world juniors!

vespa99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2014, 10:43 AM
TheWarriorSwe

Quote:
Originally Posted by vespa99 View Post
Classic Hello in Sweden. Your team looks damn good in the world juniors!
Hello from Sweden! I have to say we do, i was fortunate enough to attend the Sweden - Russia game live and im proud that the arena was sold out and the atmosphere was great!

Would also like to say its amazing there is so much Canadian fans showing up for the games here aswell. After the obvious majority of swedish fans, canadians come in second by a large number. Dont know if its family etc of team canada but its still a much larger number than any of the other countries.

Old
01-02-2014, 11:03 AM
Psycho Dad
Oil Kings

Quote:
Am here to let you know, Omark woke up a few hours ago. Feels great today had a really good morning dump. Today miracles might happen!

Are you implying the shortcomings off the oilers is not the fact that they didnt use Omark?

Oilers could have been top of the league.

Definitly i will. I am a bit upset you didnt give me a call to say the nuge got the leading role in the new hobbit movie.
It was nice to see him productive thou!

I nominate you as HF Oil's Omarkian of the Year.

ps. That was Sam. Nuge is set to star in Zoolander 2.

Old
01-02-2014, 11:47 AM
TheWarriorSwe

Quote:

I nominate you as HF Oil's Omarkian of the Year.

ps. That was Sam. Nuge is set to star in Zoolander 2.
Thanks! But its still very early in the year so lets wait with the awards a litle bit. But i am honored!

I dont like to sound racist but all those litle people look the same to me. So its my bad on the mixup.
Sometimes when watching oilers, i got all excited and thought it was Omark out there and i missed the callup. While really it was just Jordan Eberle

Old
01-06-2014, 01:52 PM
TheWarriorSwe

Am sure you guys are to busy arguing if Sam Gagner is the most gritty player on the current squad instead of following your lost child Linaeus Omark!

As for gagner i have to say dude rather float than tackle, but he did take a fight that one time a season ago. Wich clearly make him the gritiest player on the current squad.

As for Omark, he got his first point as a Sabre last game. He led the PP like a boss. Had amazing puck skill when he touched the puck. Randomly dumped the puck behind the net. I think it was Ott who took it into the net goalie saved and Dartangang burried it.

Clearly a glorious goal completly set up by Omark.
As far as D goes an unofficial official interview with the swedish board of hockey he was said quoting "after leaving the oilers organisation i was told to stop tanking and play D, its a completly new thing to me here in north america but i hope i can learn how to contribute".

Omark was seen backchecking and he even one time threw himself down and blocked a shoot, belive it?
I sure know i wouldnt if i didnt see it with my own eyes.

I would say that you guys were stupid for letting Omark go.
Clearly thou this was one of the bold moves Mctavish talked about. It was all about Omark infiltrating the Sabres organisation, stearing the ship in the right direction and picking up points. Making sure Edmonton outtanks Buffalo.

Bold bold Mctavish and another first pick for edmonton, oh when will it end?!?!?

Old
01-06-2014, 04:12 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 484
1 point in 7 games and you are rubbing it in?

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote