HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Taylor Pyatt - Claimed By Pitt 1/2

Old
01-02-2014, 11:33 AM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
he at least knows how to win a fight.. he would be the toughest player on the Rangers at the moment... he at least does not get his ass kicked like when we watch Brian Boyle (all the time) or Dorsett (most of the time) fight
Do you have any video evidence of this?

Thirty One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2014, 11:34 AM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
“@stevezipay: Zenon Konopka won't last long on waivers”
Every player's waiver period is the same length.

Old
01-02-2014, 11:34 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
he at least knows how to win a fight.. he would be the toughest player on the Rangers at the moment... he at least does not get his ass kicked like when we watch Brian Boyle (all the time) or Dorsett (most of the time) fight
37 games with the Wild without a single point. I bet they're really happy with that acquisition. But yea, faceoffs and fighting!

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2014, 11:39 AM
Rangers Fail
free james sheppard

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
Do you have any video evidence of this?
Oh dear god please no.

Rangers Fail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2014, 11:41 AM
nevesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
37 games with the Wild without a single point. I bet they're really happy with that acquisition. But yea, faceoffs and fighting!
You have to see the bigger picture. A player like that isn't always about point production. Having a grit player like him in the locker room can breed a tougher, harder mentality among the other players that is seriously lacking right now.

nevesis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2014, 11:42 AM
OverTheCap

Make fun of Pitt for picking up Pyatt on waivers, then advocate to bring in Konopka who has basically played just as badly as Pyatt this season. OK.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2014, 11:42 AM
DMPD
Mats, Zuke of NY

Quote:

Yeah but 24 hours isn't very long so he's kinda right.

rip
DMPD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2014, 11:43 AM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
Make fun of Pitt for picking up Pyatt on waivers, then advocate to bring in Konopka who has basically played just as badly as Pyatt this season. OK.
Konopka makes Pyatt look like a top 6 player.

ECL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2014, 11:44 AM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
If Pyatt was picked up by Pittsburgh and Konopka by Edmonton, then technically Pyatt lasted longer, even if it's the microsecond the computer takes to get from Edmonton to Pittsburgh in the waiver order.

Tawnos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2014, 11:47 AM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

Konopka has 2 points in his last 73 games.

Old
01-02-2014, 11:47 AM
Machinehead
Because Rongos

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Konopka makes Pyatt look like a top 6 player.
Konopka makes my Uncle Robert look like a top 6 player.

Machinehead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2014, 11:49 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
I think the point about Konopka not lasting long was that he wouldn't make it far down the waiver list. Or were we all being sardonic and I didn't get it?

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2014, 11:49 AM
Flat Stanley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
Lulz Pens, ty men.

Someone in the claimed thread said he would add grit to their bottom-six. He's got as much grit as a piece of silk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
The best part was his response. Would you rather have Pyatt or (insert Pens trash here) and everyone was like "yeah I'll take the trash"
That was me, and he can hit, he's bigger and more physical than Gibbons and Conner, I know you say you'll "take the trash" but until you actually see them play in your teams lineup on a nightly basis, you wouldn't. You wouldn't want 5'8" players like Conner, Ebbett and Gibbons in the Rangers lineup every game. Zolnierczyk is fast and also physical but if anything he's the same, if not worse than Taylor Pyatt.

The Pens also had Dustin Jeffrey and Matt D'Agostini on their roster this year, both were waived and (in my opinion anyways) I think Pyatt is better than those 2 players.

You're rarely going to get solid contributors on waivers, the Penguins are taking a chance on a free player so to speak, it's not like Shero traded any assets to acquire him. If you don't think he has grit, that's fine. I've seen him be physical. I hear he's good along the boards and a he's good skater. That's a win/win. Because we didn't have that kind of play from D'Agostini, Jeffrey, Conner, Gibbons, or Ebbett.

Flat Stanley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2014, 11:51 AM
Gardner McKay
Cupcake schedule.

Quote:
You have to see the bigger picture. A player like that isn't always about point production. Having a grit player like him in the locker room can breed a tougher, harder mentality among the other players that is seriously lacking right now.
Yet these boards routinely **** all over Brian Boyle who is great on face offs as it is and is a DAMN good Penalty killer. No, grit is more important. Konopka has scored 29 points in his entire career. Boyle has hit that mark in a single season, twice. Boyle won't score 20 goals again but at least he knows how to get points.

I like Konopka but that would not be a good move for this team. He has no spot. I don't care how much damn grit he brings. It would be a dumb move to claim him.

01-02-2014, 11:52 AM
DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Yeah. Wish the Rangers were that stupid.
Pens are the smartest team in the NHL, right? Who else could have built an elite team around 4 top 2 overall picks in 4 years!?

DelZottoHitTheNetJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2014, 11:53 AM
Rangers Fail
free james sheppard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyes of Orpik View Post
That was me, and he can hit, he's bigger and more physical than Gibbons and Conner, I know you say you'll "take the trash" but until you actually see them play in your teams lineup on a nightly basis, you wouldn't. You wouldn't want 5'8" players like Conner, Ebbett and Gibbons in the Rangers lineup every game. Zolnierczyk is fast and also physical but if anything he's the same, if not worse than Taylor Pyatt.

The Pens also had Dustin Jeffrey and Matt D'Agostini on their roster this year, both were waived and (in my opinion anyways) I think Pyatt is better than those 2 players.

You're rarely going to get solid contributors on waivers, the Penguins are taking a chance on a free player so to speak, it's not like Shero traded any assets to acquire him. If you don't think he has grit, that's fine. I've seen him be physical. I hear he's good along the boards and a he's good skater. That's a win/win. Because we didn't have that kind of play from D'Agostini, Jeffrey, Conner, Gibbons, or Ebbett.
I thought you guys liked Jeffrey. At least last year.

Rangers Fail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2014, 11:53 AM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
I think the point about Konopka not lasting long was that he wouldn't make it far down the waiver list. Or were we all being sardonic and I didn't get it?
All of the above.

Old
01-02-2014, 11:54 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
The bigger picture is that this guy cant play hockey. To think he will usher in a different team mentality is silly.

Old
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

The Rangers cap charge for Pyatt is $740-$750K through the first 93-94 days.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
nevesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardner McKay View Post
But yet these boards routinely **** all over Brian Boyle who is great on face offs as it is and is a DAMN good Penalty killer. No, grit is more important. Konopka has scored 29 points in his entire career. Boyle has hit that mark in a single season, twice. Boyle won't score 20 goals again but at least he knows how to get points.

I like Konopka but that would not be a good move for this team. He has no spot.
This board gets on Brian Boyle because Brian Boyle is 6'9" on skates and 245lbs and plays as soft as a pillow.

If he intimidated with his size, he would be a much more valued asset along with the few good things he brings to the table.

Old
ECL
Very slippery slope

Quote:
I've seen him be physical. I hear he's good along the boards and a he's good skater. That's a win/win. Because we didn't have that kind of play from D'Agostini, Jeffrey, Conner, Gibbons, or Ebbett.
You've seen him be physical? When? He stopped being remotely physical a looooong time ago.

And good skater? Really? Dude is a plodder.

Are you sure you are thinking of the same player? This is Taylor Pyatt. Not the other Pyatt.

Old
01-02-2014, 11:56 AM
eco's bones

Quote:

If you're happy with your new guy and we're more than happy giving him to you for free even--then everyone's happy--so what's the problem? No need to explain yourself.

eco's bones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2014, 11:56 AM
nevesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
The bigger picture is that this guy cant play hockey. To think he will usher in a different team mentality is silly.
It's a psychological effect that happens when you bring a new guy with grit into the locker room. Other guys don't want to seem soft, so they play harder and tougher as a team when someone like that comes in. It might not last forever, but I would bet it would have more of a positive effect than a negative one to the team.

Old
01-02-2014, 11:57 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelZottoHitTheNetJK View Post
Pens are the smartest team in the NHL, right? Who else could have built an elite team around 4 top 2 overall picks in 4 years!?
Yea! Those LOSERS should be more like the Rangers and mire themselves in mediocrity each season -- and be so willing to throw **** against the wall to see what sticks that Zenon Konopka looks like a good acquisition to the fanbase.

#hockeysdifferenthere

Old
01-02-2014, 11:57 AM
Wamsutta
I'm Glen Sather IRL

NYR love, love, love trying to add a "blue collar" guy who will somehow, via witchcraft/magic/intangibles, make all the over the hill overpaid losers who can't buy a goal start winning hockey games

Wamsutta is offline   Reply With Quote