HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

In The System Part IV (Preds Prospect, Minor League Talk)

Old
12-16-2013, 08:38 PM
adsfan

vCash: 500
The announcers made it sound like Leipsic was getting hacked repeatedly. I noticed that there were two refs on the ice. Neither one wanted to call the other penalties? I also noticed that Elliot was trying to run over Leipsic after the hit. Was he ejected too?

If I am the guy getting picked on by the other two, I would have done the same thing. Maybe the two refs should be the ones getting suspended!

I see the same thing in the AHL. The refs don't call penalties that should be called (i.e. somebody getting a stick broken over them) and eventually there is a payback because the player feels forced to protect himself, since the refs refuse to do so. It doesn't make it right, but it is reality in today's hockey.

Last edited by adsfan: 12-16-2013 at 08:47 PM.
adsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2013, 09:59 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
did they even call a penalty on the guy who tried to jump on Leipsic afterward? I mean, he jumped over him and missed, but it still wasn't legal

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2013, 01:49 AM
adsfan

Milwaukee won at Rockford 3-1 to move back into second place in the division and 5th in the conference.

Salomaki scored his 6th goal of the season. Ford scored his second goal and Moser with his 5th goal and his first in a month.

Old
12-22-2013, 05:08 PM
MXD

Habs fan, coming in peace.

Félix Girard was the last cut for Team Canada, as you may know.

Just learned this though :

Quote:
Stephane Leroux ‏@StephRDSJunior 4 s
Girard n'était plus capable de prendre les mises en jeu alors son utilité devenait limitée ! #ECJ2014

Stephane Leroux ‏@StephRDSJunior 2 min
F.Girard a subi une séparation de l'épaule vs FIN Vend c est la raison pour laquelle il a été retranche - peut être l'aurait il été qd meme
Quick translation : Suffered a shoulder separation against Finland, couldn't take faceoffs, thus making him useless to Team Canada.

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2013, 06:48 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
Habs fan, coming in peace.

Félix Girard was the last cut for Team Canada, as you may know.

Just learned this though :

Quick translation : Suffered a shoulder separation against Finland, couldn't take faceoffs, thus making him useless to Team Canada.
Well that freaking sucks, thanks for passing that bit of information on though

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2013, 06:39 AM
AdmiralsFan24

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24
Admirals probably played their most complete game of the season last night. Beat Western Conference leading Grand Rapids 4-1.

What a find Scott Darling has been. Not that he had to make a bunch of incredible saves last night or anything. The Admirals did a great job of keeping the Griffins at the blue line and in the corners for the most part.

The only time the Admirals were truly threatened was the last few minutes of the 2nd period.

Beck opened the scoring and of course I missed that goal and they don't have the highlight up so I can't say exactly what happened but even without that I can say Beck has been fantastic the past few games.

Second goal happened on a beautiful pass from Jarviven from the top of the point to Sissons at the bottom of the right circle where he one timed it in.

Then Grand Rapids got really sloppy. Watson got a breakaway after a Griffins player fell on the ice. Went backhand but was saved by the blocker. Probably 30 seconds later Salomaki was coming out of the box, the Griffins defenders were totally unaware of it and went off on a line change (kind of like Kostitsyn) and he roofed a backhander over McCollum's glove for a 3-0 lead.

Darling made a great save with about 1:40 left in the 2nd period when the Griffins were providing a ton of pressure. Emmerton was in on Darling and went to the backhand, Darling stuck his leg out and got his skate on the puck. Game could've turned out much differently if they would've scored to make it 3-2.

Fourth goal came on a rebound off the boards. Watson sent a wicked wrister over the net, bounced off the boards to Henderson (which wouldn't have happened if the Griffins skater actually kept skating) but he didn't and Henderson roofed it past McCollum which ended his night, though I don't really blame him for any of the goals *subject to change if I see the Beck goal*.

AdmiralsFan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2013, 12:42 PM
glassbangers
"I home."

Saku Mäenalanen 2+1 and Juuse Saros 28/29 against Norway in a 5-1 win.

glassbangers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2013, 10:30 PM
adsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralsFan24 View Post
Admirals probably played their most complete game of the season last night. Beat Western Conference leading Grand Rapids 4-1.

What a find Scott Darling has been. Not that he had to make a bunch of incredible saves last night or anything. The Admirals did a great job of keeping the Griffins at the blue line and in the corners for the most part.

The only time the Admirals were truly threatened was the last few minutes of the 2nd period.

Beck opened the scoring and of course I missed that goal and they don't have the highlight up so I can't say exactly what happened but even without that I can say Beck has been fantastic the past few games.

Second goal happened on a beautiful pass from Jarviven from the top of the point to Sissons at the bottom of the right circle where he one timed it in.

Then Grand Rapids got really sloppy. Watson got a breakaway after a Griffins player fell on the ice. Went backhand but was saved by the blocker. Probably 30 seconds later Salomaki was coming out of the box, the Griffins defenders were totally unaware of it and went off on a line change (kind of like Kostitsyn) and he roofed a backhander over McCollum's glove for a 3-0 lead.

Darling made a great save with about 1:40 left in the 2nd period when the Griffins were providing a ton of pressure. Emmerton was in on Darling and went to the backhand, Darling stuck his leg out and got his skate on the puck. Game could've turned out much differently if they would've scored to make it 3-2.

Fourth goal came on a rebound off the boards. Watson sent a wicked wrister over the net, bounced off the boards to Henderson (which wouldn't have happened if the Griffins skater actually kept skating) but he didn't and Henderson roofed it past McCollum which ended his night, though I don't really blame him for any of the goals *subject to change if I see the Beck goal*.
McCollum left corners open the entire first period. If Milwaukee could shoot straight, they would have scored 10 goals. Watson could have scored a hatter in the first period. I have never seen him miss the goal so many times!

Darling was good on rebound control. The Griffins d-men were slow footed (and slow witted on that awful line change for the third goal). How could they forget about Salomaki coming out of the penalty box? He did come flying out, like from a cannon.

Old
12-28-2013, 01:51 PM
adsfan

The Admirals lost to Charlotte last night. The Checkers scored first on a shot that Hellberg didn't see coming. This seemed to upset Magnus. The Admirals scored two goals to take the lead, but Charlotte prevailed 3-2.

Hellberg did not look good in goal. He is now 4-12-1 with 2.78 GAA and 91.5% SA.
Scott Darling is 6-1-0 with a 1.61 GAA and a 94.9% save average.
Marek Mazanec is 5-0-0 with a 1.97 GAA and a 93.3% SA.

Which of these goalies doesn't belong? If I am Dean Evason, Hellberg is the #2 goalie in Milwaukee.
Darling just beat #1 Grand Rapids and Hellberg lost to #12 Charlotte on the next night, with both games played in Milwaukee.

Old
12-29-2013, 09:58 AM
MrMariusz

So, what really is up with Hellberg? Confidence crisis?

MrMariusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2013, 11:42 PM
adsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMariusz View Post
So, what really is up with Hellberg? Confidence crisis?
Maybe. He doesn't look the same as last season. We have a term "sophomore jinx". I think Hellberg is struggling in his second year in Milwaukee. The opponents now know what to expect from him.

Darling had a 4-0 win versus the Iowa Wild. His third shutout. It is crazy that the team is so different with the two goalies. Darling now has a GAA of 1.12.

Old
12-30-2013, 06:02 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsfan View Post
Maybe. He doesn't look the same as last season. We have a term "sophomore jinx". I think Hellberg is struggling in his second year in Milwaukee. The opponents now know what to expect from him.

Darling had a 4-0 win versus the Iowa Wild. His third shutout. It is crazy that the team is so different with the two goalies. Darling now has a GAA of 1.12.
Is Darling a Preds prospect or strictly an Admirals signee?

Because if he keeps up that play its going to make for atough call when Rinne finally returns

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2013, 09:06 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
Is Darling a Preds prospect or strictly an Admirals signee?

Because if he keeps up that play its going to make for atough call when Rinne finally returns
Admirals property. Was mostly an ECHL goaltender prior to this season, and I think would likely have been there for most of this season if Mazanec was still in MKE.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2013, 11:00 AM
Top 6 Spaling

Once Rinne is back, IMO you put Hutton on waivers, hope he gets claimed, and if not, let all three battle for AHL starts

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2013, 12:53 PM
glassbangers
"I home."

Saku Mäenalanen 1+0, +1 and Juuse Saros 28/29 (.965%) in Finland's 4-1 win over Russia.

Quote:
Corey Pronman ‏@coreypronman 2h
Finland beats Russia 4-1. The goaltending factory in NSH continues production as Juuse Saros was outstanding.

Old
12-30-2013, 10:52 PM
adsfan

Scott Darling was named AHL Player of the Week!

http://admiralsroundtable.com/

Old
12-31-2013, 04:30 PM
glassbangers
"I home."

Saros keeps getting praise.

Quote:
Corey Pronman ‏@coreypronman 3h
NSH's Saros has been the best goaltender at the WJC. High-end in every attribute except size.

Old
01-02-2014, 04:43 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Preds sign Jon Diaby

http://predators.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=698472

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2014, 04:46 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Hooray, more defensemen!

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2014, 06:08 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
Hooray, more defensemen!
Not a bad thing, the pipeline is starting to dry up for defensemen with NHL potential. Diaby is a very good prospect.

Old
01-02-2014, 09:08 PM
adsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
Not a bad thing, the pipeline is starting to dry up for defensemen with NHL potential. Diaby is a very good prospect.
I think that 4 of 7 Milwaukee D-men can play in the NHL.

Bitetto (6-2, 200, 23) has become a scoring machine this season with 9G 10A tying Watson for third place. Six of his goals came on the PP.

Valentine (6-0, 220, 22) is a stay at home D-man who can also play the wing.

Jarvinen (6-3, 233, 25) has size and is a +9.

Roussel (6-1, 202, 22) is behind the other three in development with a +5.

Rodney (6-0, 206, 29) is averaging 0.5 PPG. He started slow and is coming on.

Old
01-03-2014, 05:26 AM
mirasane

Saku Maenalanen has already 6 goals in U20 WC tournament and he is now the leading goal scorer of the tournament. Mantha has 5 goals, Grigorenko, Kolena, Reway, Barber, Petan and Zadorov have 4.

mirasane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2014, 09:19 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsfan View Post
I think that 4 of 7 Milwaukee D-men can play in the NHL.

Bitetto (6-2, 200, 23) has become a scoring machine this season with 9G 10A tying Watson for third place. Six of his goals came on the PP.

Valentine (6-0, 220, 22) is a stay at home D-man who can also play the wing.

Jarvinen (6-3, 233, 25) has size and is a +9.

Roussel (6-1, 202, 22) is behind the other three in development with a +5.

Rodney (6-0, 206, 29) is averaging 0.5 PPG. He started slow and is coming on.
With all due respect, I see most of these guys as being Victor Bartley types-- decent fill-in, number 6/7 guys, but ideally not someone you want in your lineup every day. Bitetto probably has the best chance of all of them, but I guess the point I was making was more "true top 4 upside."

Old
01-03-2014, 02:17 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Diaby has the potential to be game-changing from a physical standpoint. I'm glad to have him in this lineup. There are different ways to impact the game ....

01-03-2014, 02:40 PM
AintLifeGrand

Alright dudes...

Preds have 2 prospects in the top 10 in scoring at the WJC this year

Forsberg and Maenalanen (Saku 1 pt less than Jonathan Drouin and 1 pt more than Grigorenko and also leads the tournament in goal scoring)

I don't know about his upside, but could Maenalean turn out to be a steal??

AintLifeGrand is offline   Reply With Quote