St.Louis who do they have to offer?

Closed Thread

Old
01-27-2004, 02:52 AM
Adam West

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 210
And what would it take or the Bs to trade Thornton? Or Samsonov? or Bergeron?

Lots of players are "untradeable".
It would take a lot but the term untradeable simply shouldnt be used. hypothetically if florida offered:
horton, luongo, bouwmeester, jokinen for thornton im pretty sure i'd do it. therefore he is not untradeable. is that offer realistic no, but thats not the question here.

Old
01-27-2004, 02:59 AM
Mr. Make-Believe
Pass me another nail

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8
I would trade Murray and Rolston for jackman straight up.
I disagree, dude...

The bruins have enough defensemen in their system right now... Jackman's great, but the bruins simply don't need him. It would be like trading for a young goalie or goalie prospect. What the Bruins need are forwards.

Old
01-27-2004, 03:41 AM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator Mike
Why would we want Jeff Heerema?

And even if we ARE sellers, I refuse to believe we couldn't get more than a guy who's been on waivers all season and a "decent" draft pick for Rolston and Knuble.

I'd start by asking for Peter Sejna, who I think has been playing in Worcester lately.
Jeff Hereema isnt with the Blues anymore, they waved him and the Rags picked him back up. And No you wouldnt want him he sucks.

Last edited by c-carp: 01-27-2004 at 03:46 AM.
Old
01-27-2004, 04:12 AM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Make-Believe
I disagree, dude...

The bruins have enough defensemen in their system right now... Jackman's great, but the bruins simply don't need him. It would be like trading for a young goalie or goalie prospect. What the Bruins need are forwards.
No way. Never have enough good defenseman. Not only would I trade Rolston and Murray I would also include Huml, Hilbert and a second round pick to make it happen.

Jackman would be our best defenseman. He would be an anchor for years to come. Its ok to overpay for a guy like him.

Old
01-27-2004, 07:18 AM
Duguay
Stay at home Forward

Circles and Squares

I don't see a fit with St.Louis; and due to unique circumstances, Boston or any other team in the playoff race, won't be giving UFA's away at the dealine for next to nothing.
The owners are that confident that they are going to get to wipe the slate clean with the new CBA. The market will be reduced.

I still however see a minumum of one UFA getting moved to Boston, for another UFA of equal status, but that is more about re-tooling for the Playoffs.

I would site Rolston for Arnott as an example

Old
01-27-2004, 07:01 PM
GloveSave1
-44-

Quote:
Originally Posted by 210
Khavanov is on record as saying that it's the Blues or back to Europe. I doubt anyone would trade for him based on that.

In the past the Blues have not been against over-paying for a player that they think will make the team better. However, I don't see Pleau doing that this year.

I don't think the Blues will pull the trigger on a big deal this season. But I've been wrong before...
Thanx. Wow. He must really like his house, or the area or something...This isn't the 80's oilers we're talking about...hehe...

Let's not overate Jackman for Muzz and Rollie...Scraping the season would be in full swing if that deal went off, I don't think management would want to do that. No thanks. I must admit, the hype is making me dream of the days of Stuart.

Frankly...Let them walk if they want, they'll be many like them when hockey gets going again (whenever that might be), and the B's will be in great shape to deal with aquiring players in similar situations under the new format.

Old
01-27-2004, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmir
It would take a lot but the term untradeable simply shouldnt be used. hypothetically if florida offered:
horton, luongo, bouwmeester, jokinen for thornton im pretty sure i'd do it. therefore he is not untradeable. is that offer realistic no, but thats not the question here.
You can always find an absurd statement to prove something that is obviously true incorrect.

Old
01-27-2004, 08:29 PM
Adam West

Quote:
Originally Posted by 210
You can always find an absurd statement to prove something that is obviously true incorrect.
well thats where we differ. you think my statement is absurd and i think your statement is absurd.

Old
01-27-2004, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmir
well thats where we differ. you think my statement is absurd and i think your statement is absurd.
We also differ in that you said that your's was not a realistic statement.

You know very well what the word "untradable" means in the sports world...the fact you posted that trade as an example proves that.

Closed Thread