HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Delmore Recalled

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-25-2004, 07:58 AM
  #1
Buffaloed
Administrator
Webmaster
 
Buffaloed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 24,936
vCash: 1390
Delmore Recalled

They tossed him off the bus in Syracuse:
http://www.democratandchronicle.com/...3_sports.shtml

Delmore and Campbell should be in the lineup tonight vs Carolina due to injuries suffered by McKee and Patrick in the Flyers game.

Buffaloed is offline  
Old
01-25-2004, 09:00 AM
  #2
SabresRule
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,314
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to SabresRule
****. we are definatly going to loss. hopefully someone will trade for him now. showcasing him.

SabresRule is offline  
Old
01-25-2004, 10:37 AM
  #3
billsandsabres
nhl 94 aficianado
 
billsandsabres's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: troy, ny
Posts: 2,202
vCash: 500
if the sabres can adjust their PP scheme to get delmore more open chances, he should do fine
i don't thik his defense has been as bad as advertised this year

billsandsabres is offline  
Old
01-25-2004, 12:48 PM
  #4
Takeo
Registered User
 
Takeo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 18,368
vCash: 500
Hey Andy had 2 assists in 8 GP!! Who WOULDN'T recall that?!

Takeo is offline  
Old
01-26-2004, 05:30 PM
  #5
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope
 
Chainshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Costa Rica
Country: Costa Rica
Posts: 56,591
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeo21
Hey Andy had 2 assists in 8 GP!! Who WOULDN'T recall that?!
The other options weren't all that much better. Mrozik and Lindgren are strictly AHL material, Chapman is Houda II, Cullen's a whopping -13 and Janik's not ready and may never be ready. Delmore at least has NHL experience and is more of a known quantity.

Besides, if he plays well after the recall it should allow them to move him on for a recycled doorstopper or a refurb'd skate rasp.

Chainshot is offline  
Old
01-26-2004, 11:03 PM
  #6
SabresRule
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,314
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to SabresRule
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot
The other options weren't all that much better. Mrozik and Lindgren are strictly AHL material, Chapman is Houda II, Cullen's a whopping -13 and Janik's not ready and may never be ready. Delmore at least has NHL experience and is more of a known quantity.

Besides, if he plays well after the recall it should allow them to move him on for a recycled doorstopper or a refurb'd skate rasp.
Do we have ANY DEFENSIVE PROSPECTS?!

SabresRule is offline  
Old
01-26-2004, 11:31 PM
  #7
Mr Brownstone
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: 596 miles away
Country: United States
Posts: 4,904
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Mr Brownstone Send a message via MSN to Mr Brownstone Send a message via Yahoo to Mr Brownstone
Thomas Morrow and Dennis Wideman aren't bad, but no, it isn't too promising.

Edit: Ah, can't forget Paetsch.

Mr Brownstone is offline  
Old
01-27-2004, 01:30 PM
  #8
SabresRule
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,314
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to SabresRule
john adams? he doesnt look tooo bad. we need more tho. it's not great.

SabresRule is offline  
Old
01-27-2004, 01:40 PM
  #9
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope
 
Chainshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Costa Rica
Country: Costa Rica
Posts: 56,591
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresRule
Do we have ANY DEFENSIVE PROSPECTS?!
Not really any of note.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresIn05
Thomas Morrow and Dennis Wideman aren't bad, but no, it isn't too promising.

Edit: Ah, can't forget Paetsch.
That's not a list to get excited over. Denisov or Aslund might have more of an impact since they've had the chance to develop overseas. Adams could be another Janik--take that for what it's worth. Wideman wound up returning to junior and is free to walk if he doesn't sign by June. At that he's a bit of a project as a specialist/PP guy. Voroshnin's been better since being traded, but is still not putting up enough production to merit consideration. Cizek's not even playing.

All things considered, their "depth" of blueline prospects is horrible.

Chainshot is offline  
Old
01-27-2004, 02:11 PM
  #10
Devo-2
Registered User
 
Devo-2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 1,182
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot
Not really any of note.



That's not a list to get excited over. Denisov or Aslund might have more of an impact since they've had the chance to develop overseas. Adams could be another Janik--take that for what it's worth. Wideman wound up returning to junior and is free to walk if he doesn't sign by June. At that he's a bit of a project as a specialist/PP guy. Voroshnin's been better since being traded, but is still not putting up enough production to merit consideration. Cizek's not even playing.

All things considered, their "depth" of blueline prospects is horrible.
A bit early for draft talk then, but it is apparent, barring a 1st pick lottery ball, Buffalo will take a defenseman in the first round. Everyone is high on Barker, but that would probably require another top 5 pick. Anyone else high on your (collectively) list of help on the blueline.

Devo-2 is offline  
Old
01-27-2004, 03:03 PM
  #11
CelticSabre
aka MillerTime
 
CelticSabre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,543
vCash: 500
It looks like
-Mike Green
-Jeff Schultz
-Sami Lepiston
these guys are the highest rated "d" after Barker as of now. I wouldnt be to happy to draft another euro d. I would think the best rough and tough d come from the whl. Havent heard to much about Green or Schultz.

Anyone have anything on these two?

CelticSabre is online now  
Old
01-27-2004, 04:02 PM
  #12
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope
 
Chainshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Costa Rica
Country: Costa Rica
Posts: 56,591
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devo-2
A bit early for draft talk then, but it is apparent, barring a 1st pick lottery ball, Buffalo will take a defenseman in the first round. Everyone is high on Barker, but that would probably require another top 5 pick. Anyone else high on your (collectively) list of help on the blueline.
I'm not sold on Barker. One game isn't enough to assess the kid, so I'll need to be convinced that he's not just another 2/3, kind of guy. In the same way, I really liked what I saw out Boris Valabik and Mike Green but again it was only one game. Eh. Sami Lepisto's stock is on the rise, good WJC's and all that. But there doesn't seem to be a ready-made JayBo or Jovo or such in this year's crop.

I wouldn't mind seeing the frontoffice target a particular player already drafted and in development as part of the eventual jettisoning of players that will accompany this year's version of the trade deadline. Hell, look at the Preds getting both Kloucek and Zidlicky from the Rangers in the Dunham deal---they did their homework and took a calculated risk that's paid off.

Chainshot is offline  
Old
01-27-2004, 04:12 PM
  #13
Devo-2
Registered User
 
Devo-2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 1,182
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot
I'm not sold on Barker. One game isn't enough to assess the kid, so I'll need to be convinced that he's not just another 2/3, kind of guy. In the same way, I really liked what I saw out Boris Valabik and Mike Green but again it was only one game. Eh. Sami Lepisto's stock is on the rise, good WJC's and all that. But there doesn't seem to be a ready-made JayBo or Jovo or such in this year's crop.

I wouldn't mind seeing the frontoffice target a particular player already drafted and in development as part of the eventual jettisoning of players that will accompany this year's version of the trade deadline. Hell, look at the Preds getting both Kloucek and Zidlicky from the Rangers in the Dunham deal---they did their homework and took a calculated risk that's paid off.
With such a clear need at one position, a (at this point) lack of an impact player at that position in this years draft at the speculative position the Sabres will be drafting, should Buffalo use its first round pick as part of a package for legitimate #1 defenseman?

Devo-2 is offline  
Old
01-27-2004, 04:33 PM
  #14
Kruschiki
Registered User
 
Kruschiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 13,898
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresRule
Do we have ANY DEFENSIVE PROSPECTS?!
I'm not sure how much of a concern this is. Seems to me a trade or two, or even the post CBA FA market can address these concerns. Teams will be cutting somewhere and bflo may be in good financial shape.

Kruschiki is offline  
Old
01-27-2004, 05:10 PM
  #15
CelticSabre
aka MillerTime
 
CelticSabre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,543
vCash: 500
Looking at the top four d for the upcoming draft it looks like Barker is the one to grab. Although if we have the 10th pick or so we should be able to grab Mike Green. The guy is 6'1 193 lbs, right shot and has 33p in 44 games....also Jeff Schultz looks to be pretty good at 6'6 215 lbs. 28 p in 51gms, left shot though.

I think our best plan would be if Barker is head above heels over Green maybe we could trade up at the draft. Also make a trade at the deadline for maybe a good D prospect from somone. Boychuk could be a good guy to aquire.

As of right now we have nothing in the sysytem of any mention so this should really be addressed this year

CelticSabre is online now  
Old
01-27-2004, 05:25 PM
  #16
Devo-2
Registered User
 
Devo-2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 1,182
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime
Looking at the top four d for the upcoming draft it looks like Barker is the one to grab. Although if we have the 10th pick or so we should be able to grab Mike Green. The guy is 6'1 193 lbs, right shot and has 33p in 44 games....also Jeff Schultz looks to be pretty good at 6'6 215 lbs. 28 p in 51gms, left shot though.

I think our best plan would be if Barker is head above heels over Green maybe we could trade up at the draft. Also make a trade at the deadline for maybe a good D prospect from somone. Boychuk could be a good guy to aquire.

As of right now we have nothing in the sysytem of any mention so this should really be addressed this year
Thanks for the opinion. Here is some more info on Mike Green for those interested:

Quote:
Mike Green, a defenseman with the Saskatoon Blades, was another player who impressed on Team Orr. He skated well all night and threw his weight around and landed a great check late in the third period. He is one of the older players in the game as he is a late birthday from 1985. Green posted the best time in the faster skater race in the skills contest and put up good numbers in the hardest shot and puck control events. Green is ranked 8th among North American skaters by CSS.
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article.php?sid=6614

Devo-2 is offline  
Old
01-27-2004, 05:33 PM
  #17
Ruckus007
Said too much
 
Ruckus007's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Huntington, WV
Posts: 7,253
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot
I'm not sold on Barker. One game isn't enough to assess the kid, so I'll need to be convinced that he's not just another 2/3, kind of guy. In the same way, I really liked what I saw out Boris Valabik and Mike Green but again it was only one game. Eh. Sami Lepisto's stock is on the rise, good WJC's and all that. But there doesn't seem to be a ready-made JayBo or Jovo or such in this year's crop.

I wouldn't mind seeing the frontoffice target a particular player already drafted and in development as part of the eventual jettisoning of players that will accompany this year's version of the trade deadline. Hell, look at the Preds getting both Kloucek and Zidlicky from the Rangers in the Dunham deal---they did their homework and took a calculated risk that's paid off.


Any thoughts on Ladislav Smid or Wes O'Neill?

Ruckus007 is offline  
Old
01-27-2004, 05:51 PM
  #18
Buffaloed
Administrator
Webmaster
 
Buffaloed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 24,936
vCash: 1390
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj@jj.com
I'm not sure how much of a concern this is. Seems to me a trade or two, or even the post CBA FA market can address these concerns. Teams will be cutting somewhere and bflo may be in good financial shape.
Agreed

Buffaloed is offline  
Old
01-27-2004, 07:36 PM
  #19
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope
 
Chainshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Costa Rica
Country: Costa Rica
Posts: 56,591
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devo-2
With such a clear need at one position, a (at this point) lack of an impact player at that position in this years draft at the speculative position the Sabres will be drafting, should Buffalo use its first round pick as part of a package for legitimate #1 defenseman?
I would make that case, certainly. Any of last draft's big three (Suter, Phaneuf, Coburn), someone who might be on the outs or trade bait (like Brewer or McCarthy or even Rachunek). Another possibility could be picking up a 3/4 kind of player as a secondary part of another trade (like a Vladimir Malenkykh type prospect-wise).


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruckus007
Any thoughts on Ladislav Smid or Wes O'Neill?
Smid I haven't seen at all. No opinion yet.

O'Neill has had some good press and some interesting ink and is on my radar for the top end of round two. But I'm sure he'd drive many fans crazy since he's big but not mean with it. Seems we have an engrained attitude that big people have to be absolute killers in sport, disregarding temperment. Ah well.

BTW, Green's hit was the best one of the game IMHO. He caught Schulz as Schulz was moving coming in off the right side with a beautiful shoulder check. He also bounced right up after taking a pretty good shot to the jaw.

From my TPG notes: <i>"Boris Valabik, #13 on the CSB mid-term report, was noticeable for the vigor that he cleared his crease and that he initiated on a couple guys who touched his goalie. He moved the puck well and at 6'6" filled the bill as everything you could expect in a defenseman.

Speaking of the D.... Cam Barker made some very smooth, calm plays to both pass and skate the puck to safety. He jumped into the rush, and pinched into the slot at what looked like the right times on a couple occasions as well. And he had a couple gaffs in his own zone (he was not alone on Team Cherry's blueline crew at that). I wasn't exactly underwhelmed, but I was a little disappointed particularly when he blew coverage on Graham's goal in the third.

All the D had hits, Andy Rogers (who had a nice shot block late in the third) and Michael Sersen from Cherry seemed to have a couple more of note (Sersen tagged Haskins, Schremp and Ladd). From Team Orr, Fistric was a hard guy to play against in front of his net (gave Wolski all he could handle during an early pp) and had a couple solid hits; Mike Green had the hit of the game, absolutely cranking Dave Schulz on a rush in the third---Green also was calm in his own zone, moved the puck smoothly and bounced right back up after taking a stick/forearm in the jaw; Funk made some nice plays with the puck."</i>

Chainshot is offline  
Old
01-27-2004, 08:09 PM
  #20
Ruckus007
Said too much
 
Ruckus007's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Huntington, WV
Posts: 7,253
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot
O'Neill has had some good press and some interesting ink and is on my radar for the top end of round two. But I'm sure he'd drive many fans crazy since he's big but not mean with it. Seems we have an engrained attitude that big people have to be absolute killers in sport, disregarding temperment. Ah well
Big but not mean? Hmm that doesn't sound the least bit like Thomas Morrow at all but I agree with you about people believing big players should be killers, I guess its must fall under the umbrella of "wasting talent."

Ruckus007 is offline  
Old
01-27-2004, 08:54 PM
  #21
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope
 
Chainshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Costa Rica
Country: Costa Rica
Posts: 56,591
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruckus007
Big but not mean? Hmm that doesn't sound the least bit like Thomas Morrow at all but I agree with you about people believing big players should be killers, I guess its must fall under the umbrella of "wasting talent."
Hey, if they're big and effective, I'm happy. Krupp was rarely a killer, but the guy could pin a man to the boards and out of the play like nobody's business. Phanuef is both big and mean, it's really a rare combo to have it. But I would like them to take the Best Player Available route when they draft, then deal from strength (goaltender, RW) to fill weakness (D, C).

And since it seems plausible that Connolly's played his last game as a Sabre, a guy like Schremp with a ton of God-given ability and something to prove might be the best pick in the bunch from 5-8 considering talent and need. Eh. It's so darn early and they're not close to even consider the top shelf guys...

Chainshot is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:20 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.