HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prucha

Old
01-19-2007, 08:16 AM
Sweet

vCash: 500
Prucha

Hi guys, I just wanna have some informations on Prucha !

- What is his future ???

- Is he on a sophomore slump or is he just bad ???

- What is his future in the league ??? Upside ???

Thanks for all the informations !

Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2007, 09:44 AM
Maineice11

Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
I still think Prucha can perform the way he did last season, he may not have as many goals, but look at the lines he's being put on...the 3rd or 4th line that get no minutes and he's on the second PP unit. he was the guy that last yr was all around the net and would do anything to geta loose puck, in games you can see parts of that game still there, but I think he's just on the wrong line or something, it's not him though because he works hard to be on this team. that's my thought.... his future i dont know rumors have it sather is dangling him in trades, I don't know how accurate that is.

Maineice11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2007, 09:54 AM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
he's a budding superstar. he makes the players around him better. he's a top six forward, but the only reason he's not producing as such is because Renney is an assclown and not playing him as much as he should.

not my opinions, but be prepared.

Thirty One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2007, 09:54 AM
Sweet

Thanks man ...

So he's like in the doghouse of Renney !

Why he isn't playing with Shanahan instead of Hossa or Betts ???

Old
01-19-2007, 10:10 AM
Chimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet View Post
Thanks man ...

So he's like in the doghouse of Renney !

Why he isn't playing with Shanahan instead of Hossa or Betts ???
That's a question only Random Renney can answer. And he will probably not give you an answer you will feel satisfied with, it will probably be an answer in the means of: "I feel Prucha needs some time (to pick up his game and intensity)." Random Renney could be an excellent politician that never actually answers the question that's given to him.

Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2007, 10:27 AM
Fletch

Tough to explain...

if he's in the doghouse. Also, -31-, I wouldn't say that people are saying the 'only' reason is because of Renney, but it is A reason.

There are multiple reasons for his decline. First, the arrival of Shanahan. This was predictable because much of Prucha's success came from the PP last season, and much of that success came from him being on the top PP unit. This also helped with his confidence and timing at even strength, I believe. Shanny arrives and he's no longer on the top unit, and his offense hurts. That's logical, and I think we can all agree that his PP goals are down as a result. That, I believe, is something on which we all can agree. My second thought was that less PP time, and thus less shooting, hurts his even strength performance. I believe a shooter needs to keep in a rhythm to be successful. When he's not getting the PP chances, it hurts his all-around game.

Why do some, including me, blame Renney? Prucha's struggled to score this season (although he is 5th on the team in goals after the obvious 4 who average between 8 and 10 minutes more of ice time and who play on the top PP unit). Where does Renney come in? When Prucha struggled a bit on a second unit that doesn't have a centerman, and where Shanny has also struggled (1 goal in 17 games? - 0 at even strength) he sends Prucha to the fourth line. OK, I can understand trying to get lines going and trying to juggle things up, but fourth line? Playing with Orr and Hollweg? And he's been playing there too long. It's an entire coaching philosophy that trouble me (we've always said, why isn't Cullen bumped down? What was so wrong with Immonen on that second line (not ideal, but there's few options)).

Anyways, what's Prucha's potential? The kid has heart and he tries hard. He's gotten better defensively. He needs to be in the right situation to be a 30+ goal scorer, but seems like he can be a 20 goals scorer even while not in the right situation. He has a nose for the net and has a nice shot. That's tough to teach. There should be a place for him. Superstar? He won't be because the support needs to be there. Good sniper? Why not?

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2007, 10:40 AM
shoothepuck

Renney feels that a 20-30 goal scorer is best suited on the 4th line, where he can lead Orr in hits on certain nights,(this helps a team, that has struggled to score), and may improve his overall D skills, as he'll learn to play back alot, to cover for his linemates who can't skate, or get out of position often, after making a big hit. He's in a slump, and lack of pp time, (to allow Krog and others get their needed icetime), plus the addition of Shanny, has kept his goal production down. He also hasn't seemed the same, (since his knee injury last season), so even that needs to be factored in, as to why this season isn't as productive as last.

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2007, 10:44 AM
The Amity Affliction
Chasing Ghosts

I think that post by Fletch just told you everything you need to know.

The Amity Affliction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2007, 10:57 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

I feel Prucha has been made an example out of because a few costly mistakes this year (a couple were his fault, but not all).

I also think Renney has had it in his mind all year to keep his gung-ho attack style touch and go because of his previous knee injury, his slight stature and development.

Thats why we see him in and out of the top lines. I have a feeling Tom is almost "saving" him for the playoff run when he can deploy a fresher, hungrier Prucha, instead of concussed banged up half version like the end of last year.

Personally, im not for babying players.

HockeyBasedNYC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2007, 11:30 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet View Post
Hi guys, I just wanna have some informations on Prucha !

- What is his future ???

- Is he on a sophomore slump or is he just bad ???

- What is his future in the league ??? Upside ???

I personally don't give a ********************* about your fantasy team

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2007, 12:34 PM
Sweet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
I personally don't give a ********************* about your fantasy team
If you don't care... don't reply !

I wanted some infos and I tought that was the place to have some informations on him !

Thanks !

Old
01-19-2007, 12:34 PM
Sweet