HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gdt: 1/18/07 TB @ NJ

Closed Thread

Old
01-19-2007, 11:06 AM
jerseydevil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Sarich Fan View Post
Actually, I was bored. You scored alot of goals, so what, you still trapped like hell and that is ****ing boring no matter the face you put on it. And the only insult I handed out was your team is a ****ing bore to watch. Uneducated? That's just way too funny to comment on. Jersey fans are the only fans on the planet who think that Traps and Locks are fun to watch, that's not uneducated, that's fact.
Wow..that's a lot of cursing..good work.

It's tough to please people when you score the most goals in the NHL, have the most exciting line in hockey (The A line) and you still get called boring. Tough crowd.

Also, we're looking at approx 3/4 of the NHL playing the trap now. Jersey just has the most history and success with playing it.. Especially with the new NHL..the trap will be more prevalent without hooking and holding.

Old
01-19-2007, 11:09 AM
JR#9*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseydevil View Post
Stalker is back!! This guy follow the Devils fans around and whines because the Rags can't keep up...Stalker!!! Hey JR, how come you left out 2000?? was that boring? And actually, we're averaging 13, 600...so that's a few more than 10..and by the end of the year, we'll average 14,000 like every other year in NJ..nothing has changed..but your rants get funnier. Thanks for stoppping by..again.
I just find it so amusing how you and your little homer biddies go to each and every other teams GDT thread after they play you and actually have the balls to act so suprosed at how dreafully boring the other team finds games vs &^%%$ style of play.

Each and every time you act like it's the 1st time you've heard it which just makes it hysterical.

unlike those like me who despise your style because it is everything anti what hockey is all about,which is all about skating and skill on display and AGRESSIVENESS as opposed to your passive, take no chances, clog up the neutral zone, lul everybody to sleep, PASSIVE, %$^^& style,we at least all admit the effectiveness of "the system" but yet you guys can't accept the fact that it is universally viewed as the least entertaining style in the NHL and you guys are the least entertaining team in the league and maybe all of major sports.

But keep acting so suprised how much everyone despises having to endure the 60 minutes of disgusting hockey vs the Devils.

Old
01-19-2007, 11:13 AM
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR#9 View Post
I just find it so amusing how you and your little homer biddies go to each and every other teams GDT thread after they play you and actually have the balls to act so suprosed at how dreafully boring the other team finds games vs &^%%$ style of play.

Each and every time you act like it's the 1st time you've heard it which just makes it hysterical.

unlike those like me who despise your style because it is everything anti what hockey is all about,which is all about skating and skill on display and AGRESSIVENESS as opposed to your passive, take no chances, clog up the neutral zone, lul everybody to sleep, PASSIVE, %$^^& style,we at least all admit the effectiveness of "the system" but yet you guys can't accept the fact that it is universally viewed as the least entertaining style in the NHL and you guys are the least entertaining team in the league and maybe all of major sports.

But keep acting so suprised how much everyone despises having to endure the 60 minutes of disgusting hockey vs the Devils.
That's the difference..we are actually involved in the game...not stalking the Devils everywhere they play...Must be lonely to not have a competetitive team..

Hate to say it. but the game was sloppy...that's all..neither team played well and the Devils got lucky..I think the Lightning hit the post 6 times...so, if it was 8-2 lightning, would that of been boring?

Old
01-19-2007, 11:13 AM
gobolt7

Listen, I am not going to put up with this anymore. I don't appreciate visitors coming onto our boards and lecturing us on our opinions. And it will not be tolerated anymore. This is a board for fans of the Tampa Bay Lightning, if you don't like our opinions on our teams game last night, please feel free to leave.

Old
01-19-2007, 11:14 AM
X0X0A0
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 50
Yes.

Despite what most people think, high scoring does not necessary mean entertaining atleast IMO.

Go Mike Go!

Old
01-19-2007, 11:21 AM
OptimismRestrainer

Quote:
Wow..that's a lot of cursing..good work.

It's tough to please people when you score the most goals in the NHL, have the most exciting line in hockey (The A line) and you still get called boring. Tough crowd.

Also, we're looking at approx 3/4 of the NHL playing the trap now. Jersey just has the most history and success with playing it.. Especially with the new NHL..the trap will be more prevalent without hooking and holding.
That wasn't alot of cursing.

Teams are trapping now but 3/4 of the NHL? Don't know about that. My guess would be somewhere around half with certain others (Buffalo) slipping into it when they have a lead. Florida and Jersey are the only teams (to me anyway, it's hard at times to pick it up on TV) that play a trap exclusively. Other teams do it, yes, but not all the time. Jersey has been hammered for years for it and the simple reason is they do it better than anyone else. It may win games and Cups but it is far from exciting hockey. But teams do fall into it. Hell, I even saw Ottawa do it this year down here when the Lightning were beating them in the third period. It was more of a 2-3 but it was still a trap. Edmonton plays a left wing lock and it killed Detroit last year but it was some of the most boring hockey I've ever seen. Carolina was much better at breaking it because of their team speed. Detroit was just too old and too far into a season to beat it.

Old
01-19-2007, 11:25 AM
OptimismRestrainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobolt7 View Post
Listen, I am not going to put up with this anymore. I don't appreciate visitors coming onto our boards and lecturing us on our opinions. And it will not be tolerated anymore. This is a board for fans of the Tampa Bay Lightning, if you don't like our opinions on our teams game last night, please feel free to leave.
I guess I have to take some responsibility for it because I made the original statement but as you say this is the Lightning board. Had I done it on the Jersey board I could see all of the hate that is flying around. It was an innocent comment on my part and one in which I think I'm entitled to.

Thanks for the post Mike.

Old
01-19-2007, 11:30 AM
jerseydevil

Quote:
I guess I have to take some responsibility for it because I made the original statement but as you say this is the Lightning board. Had I done it on the Jersey board I could see all of the hate that is flying around. It was an innocent comment on my part and one in which I think I'm entitled to.

Thanks for the post Mike.
Sorry..just get very annoyed at the constant criticism of the style of play...The only time the Devils dont' take abuse is when they're losing..

Old
01-19-2007, 11:40 AM
Maria

Hey guys we got two points last night

Old
01-19-2007, 12:44 PM
OptimismRestrainer

Quote:
Sorry..just get very annoyed at the constant criticism of the style of play...The only time the Devils dont' take abuse is when they're losing..

No need to apologize.

Old
01-19-2007, 12:45 PM
OptimismRestrainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria View Post
Hey guys we got two points last night
It's awesome, isn't it?

Old
01-19-2007, 01:18 PM
Maria

Quote:
It's awesome, isn't it?
Exactly, that's all it matters

Old
01-19-2007, 01:21 PM
No-Twitch Tabitha

Send a message via MSN to No-Twitch Tabitha
The game was zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...I don't care what stalker Devils' fans say. I spent most of the 1st period away from the tube and I can say that I didn't miss anything. I heard about the same things as usual.

The Devils are boring. Period. Always have been, always will be.

Btw, an A-line is a dress pattern. Something to think about.

How 'bout that B-19, eh? Eh?

Old
01-19-2007, 01:25 PM
Butchered
Whatchu doin Cooper?

Send a message via AIM to Butchered
Aside from a few minutes here and there, I didn't think the game was overly exciting either.

Old
01-19-2007, 01:33 PM
OptimismRestrainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria View Post
Exactly, that's all it matters
That was my original point.

Old
01-19-2007, 05:45 PM
boltsfan4*

5 on 3 wasnt exciting, the cross ice pass to richie for the breakaway wasnt exciting, the 4 on 3 kill in OT wasnt exciting, the shootout, martys backward attemt to score again, and homers 13 consecutive stops in a shootout isnt exciting, richie ripping a wrister top shelf past brodeur, etc, etc, etc. u guys honestly need to watch something else, hockey aint yur sport

Old
01-19-2007, 05:50 PM
OptimismRestrainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltsfan4 View Post
5 on 3 wasnt exciting, the cross ice pass to richie for the breakaway wasnt exciting, the 4 on 3 kill in OT wasnt exciting, the shootout, martys backward attemt to score again, and homers 13 consecutive stops in a shootout isnt exciting, richie ripping a wrister top shelf past brodeur, etc, etc, etc. u guys honestly need to watch something else, hockey aint yur sport

Seriously, are you a Devils fan?

Old
01-19-2007, 08:09 PM
SChan*

is holmqvist a surprise for you guys?

Old
01-19-2007, 08:12 PM
Butchered
Whatchu doin Cooper?

Send a message via AIM to Butchered
At time he's looked like the answer, other times (like last night) he makes you wonder. Yeah, he got the win, but both of the goals he let in were really bad. It's almost as if he needs to left in a soft goal in each of his starts before he kicks it into gear, which isn't something that will help this team come playoff time.

Old
01-19-2007, 11:07 PM
OptimismRestrainer

Don't know if any of you were able to watch the Buffalo/Vancouver game tonight but if you did you would know what an exciting hockey game looks like. Man that was awesome!

Old
01-21-2007, 02:12 PM
Hockeyfan02

Quote:
Originally Posted by missK View Post
I could swear I saw him hit the puck after/during falling over Brodeur and then Brad got the goal so IMO he had an assist but the scorekeepers never changed it.
They must have changed it. I read in the recap for last night's game Lecavalier extended his point streak to 10 straight games. If they didn't change it, his point streak would have ended at 8 games.

Old
01-21-2007, 04:37 PM
missK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan02 View Post
They must have changed it. I read in the recap for last night's game Lecavalier extended his point streak to 10 straight games. If they didn't change it, his point streak would have ended at 8 games.
Yes, the change was made either late Friday or early Saturday. Thus Vinny's streak was extended and Marty's streak was halted on Thursday.

Closed Thread