HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Trade Proposal

Old
01-13-2007, 04:07 PM
Hemskyfanboy83

vCash: 500
Trade Proposal

Alright I am not very good at these, but I look at Nashville, and see one of the most talented teams in the league. That being said, last year aside from losing Vokoun I think you guys were a little too soft and didn't have enough leadership against the Sharks.

So here is my idea

To Nashville
- Jason Smith
- ANA 1st round pick
- Tom Gilbert

To Edmonton
- Dan Hamhuis

The reasons are, Nashville gets a tough warrior who has had some great playoffs and would really help lead the rest of the team. He is also a shot blocking machine come playoff time. You guys lose a talented dman who is young which is why you get a 1st and a good prospect in Gilbert.

Reasons for Edmonton are it doesn't seem like we can do much this year, and Hamhuis and his age really fit in well with the rest of our core. We will be a team that will be good in 2 years and Hamhuis fits that 21-26 year age group where most of our core players are.

Thoughts? Is the value fair, and is this a trade you can see your GM doing?

Hemskyfanboy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2007, 04:11 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

no

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2007, 04:18 PM
Hemskyfanboy83

What is wrong with it?

Is Smith not a guy you would want? If not what would the Oilers have to move to get Hamhuis?

Old
01-13-2007, 04:38 PM
Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilerlova View Post
What is wrong with it?

Is Smith not a guy you would want? If not what would the Oilers have to move to get Hamhuis?
I think Smith would be a good addition to our team, however not at the expense of losing Hamhuis. We need to get Greg Zanon out of our line up and trading Hamhuis, who at this point is one of our more experienced defensemen, isn't going to solve that.

The Predators assets to trade are defensive prospects, wingers and 3 4th line hard working centers. I do not think our teams make good trading partners.

Leipold said the one need our team needs to fill is getting a veteran stay at home defensemen and Smith fits the bill. However, I'm not sure if what we have to offer is what the Oilers are looking for unless they are out of the playoff chase at the deadline.

Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2007, 05:01 PM
Hemskyfanboy83

Fair enough.

How about

To Nashville
- Ryan Smyth
- Jason Smith
- ANA 1st
- Your choice of Jan Hejda or Tom Gilbert (I think both are ready for a #5/6 role)
- 2nd round pick

To Edmonton
- Martin Erat (in my top 10 of favorite non-Oilers)
- Dan Hamhuis
- We can take some plug to even out salaries if you need

Again it is an all or nothing type deal for you guys. You guys would likely be ready for a long playoff run, and if you still need to add a dman, the 1st you guys get will be a nice asset to aquire one.

Old
01-13-2007, 05:06 PM
Stranger

Quote:
Fair enough.

How about

To Nashville
- Ryan Smyth
- Jason Smith
- ANA 1st
- Your choice of Jan Hejda or Tom Gilbert (I think both are ready for a #5/6 role)
- 2nd round pick

To Edmonton
- Dan Hamhuis

Again it is an all or nothing type deal for you guys. You guys would likely be ready for a long playoff run, and if you still need to add a dman, the 1st you guys get will be a nice asset to aquire one.
Again, the team is not going to trade Hamhuis. Hamhuis is one of our more experienced defensemen at the club and trading him away to get Smith does not solve our problems.

Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2007, 05:22 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Fair enough.

How about

To Nashville
- Ryan Smyth
- Jason Smith
- ANA 1st
- 2nd round pick

To Edmonton
- Dan Hamhuis

Adding Ryan Smith and Erat to your proposal didn't make it better.

We cannot trade either Erat or Hammer.

Old
01-13-2007, 05:49 PM
Hemskyfanboy83

Any way of getting him at all, without giving up Hemsky?

Old
01-13-2007, 05:55 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

No

Old
01-14-2007, 08:52 AM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Any way of getting him at all, without giving up Hemsky?
Ideally, the Preds won't be moving any defensemen off the current roster in order to bolster our D-core. If the other team wants defensemen, we have more quantity and quality than any team in the league waiting in the wings. If a team wants one of our defensemen, they'll have to start with Zanon and work their way down the depth chart.

SmokeyClause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2007, 02:00 PM
Hemskyfanboy83

Damn.

Okay, how about you give us one of your scouts so we can just start drafting these guys. Weber, Suter, Hamhuis, Parent, Franson. What a great job they have done.

Old
01-14-2007, 02:10 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause View Post
Ideally, the Preds won't be moving any defensemen off the current roster in order to bolster our D-core. If the other team wants defensemen, we have more quantity and quality than any team in the league waiting in the wings. If a team wants one of our defensemen, they'll have to start with Zanon and work their way down the depth chart.
I agree, in fact if I had to name the players most likely used as trade bait it would be in order as follows.

Klein
Laakso
Upshall
Zannon

Old
01-14-2007, 07:25 PM
misfit

vCash: 50
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=327520

It's only about 10 threads down.

misfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2007, 09:13 PM
gonzo11
Give the dog a bone

I think oiler fans have gotten what in high school what we called Blue Balls waiting for a trade

they are thinking that a trade will happen any moment and are coming up with trade ideas and so when a trade does happen they can play the "I called it game"

latest idea on the oiler board via oilfans.com is Weber for Lupul as a basis of a trade

Silly season on the oiler board has started

gonzo11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2007, 10:41 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by graveyardshift View Post
I think oiler fans have gotten what in high school what we called Blue Balls waiting for a trade

they are thinking that a trade will happen any moment and are coming up with trade ideas and so when a trade does happen they can play the "I called it game"

latest idea on the oiler board via oilfans.com is Weber for Lupul as a basis of a trade

be glad for your oiler brethren that they haven't brought that one over here

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2007, 11:05 PM
misfit

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by graveyardshift View Post

Speaking of highschool (ok, more like kindergarten), have you ever played the game telephone? You know, the one where one kid whispers something into the kid beside him's ear, and then he whispers the same thing to the next kid, and so on? I'd wager that the message you were told, and the one you gave to the next guy were often very different.

The trade on Oilfans was Horcoff, Bergeron, and a pick for Weber and Erat. No mention of Lupul anywhere in either thread (HF or Oilfans) except where one guy compared Lupul's toughness on the puck with that of Erat.

It should also be noted that practically every Oiler fan who responded to the thread said it was stupid and would never happen. But don't let that stop you from spreading this to a board where it's sure to accomplish nothing more than bashing of oiler fans (something you seem to go out of your way to not include yourself as).

misfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2007, 11:51 PM
gonzo11
Give the dog a bone

the Lupul aspect was on the oilfan site in a dfferent discussion but using the same source

the oiler board more or less was bashing the way the it was reported as a rumour

oiler board is sort of like a staff meeting for the writers of the show LOST--somedays you just never know what the hell is going on over there

gonzo11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2007, 01:29 AM
SoundwaveIsCharisma

Send a message via AIM to SoundwaveIsCharisma
What type of player is Klein? I'd love the Avalanche to acquire Klein and Upshall, especially if Klein is a defensive defenseman. We've also got a few defensemen with experience if that's what you guys are looking for.

SoundwaveIsCharisma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2007, 02:59 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent of the Cleric View Post
What type of player is Klein? I'd love the Avalanche to acquire Klein and Upshall, especially if Klein is a defensive defenseman. We've also got a few defensemen with experience if that's what you guys are looking for.
Klein is like...a poor man's Hamhuis. I'd say he's primarily defense oriented, but he's a great skater and has a good first pass and offensive instincts, as well. I also think that he's likely NHL ready, now.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2007, 01:52 PM
tulsytrid1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
Klein is like...a poor man's Hamhuis. I'd say he's primarily defense oriented, but he's a great skater and has a good first pass and offensive instincts, as well. I also think that he's likely NHL ready, now.
I am a big Klein fan and I think you are correct in your assement of Klein being a poor mans Hammer. I would hope that we wouldn't move Klein for a rent a player.

tulsytrid1 is offline   Reply With Quote