HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Del Zotto’s reps want meeting with Rangers GM to talk trade

View Poll Results: Trade Del Zotto?
Yes 130 76.47%
No 40 23.53%
Voters: 170. You may not vote on this poll

Old
01-03-2014, 07:18 PM
Mint
Kall Up Kostka

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
But Kreider being awful last year is Torts' fault?

Alright.

MDZ had a subpar year last year and that's carried over this year. But he was really good in 11-12 and has not been nearly as bad as the majority of this board tries to say. He's heads and shoulders better than John Moore.
Last year for sure, I agree.

Both have been equally terriawful this season though.

I guess it makes sense to trade the guy who's been here longer and has shown signs of regression.

Mint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2014, 07:19 PM
pld459666

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
But Kreider being awful last year is Torts' fault?

Alright.

MDZ had a subpar year last year and that's carried over this year. But he was really good in 11-12 and has not been nearly as bad as the majority of this board tries to say. He's heads and shoulders better than John Moore.
Torts trying to fit a square peg (Kreider) in a round hole (torts system) didn't ruin him but very much limited his effectiveness

Kreider himself was as much to blame there as well but player and coach style did not mesh well

Same here byt the things that MDZ CAN control he is spitting the bit on. Thats on MDZ

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2014, 07:33 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
MDZ may have killed any deal the Rangers had in place.. His trade value just sank as the player requesting a trade has lower value then a player playing hard and looking to save his job..

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2014, 07:43 PM
NYR94

Send a message via AIM to NYR94
Just don't send him to Columbus. Don't want anymore players from there.

NYR94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2014, 07:45 PM
Vidic15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
MDZ may have killed any deal the Rangers had in place.. His trade value just sank as the player requesting a trade has lower value then a player playing hard and looking to save his job..
Where did it say he asked for a trade? Maybe he just wants clarification because he's heard all the rumors

Vidic15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2014, 07:47 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
Totally.

Not like that cat was out of the bag with repeated healthy scratches or anything.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2014, 07:53 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

They should be showcasing him. The team has won four of the last five games. It's not like his play has cost them dearly.

he's a very small piece to the entire problem. Play the kid and hope he plays well enough one night to impress a bunch of scouts who are willing to go back to a GM and say he's worth the risk.

Benching the kid does nothing for the team on the ice or the GM in the front office.

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2014, 08:03 PM
RangersHank*

What a joke, trade a 23 year old dman who has hit 40 points once and almost twice because he is having a bad year. This is why this team gets nowhere. John Moore is better because he skates better, its sad

RangersHank* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2014, 08:10 PM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Totally.

Not like that cat was out of the bag with repeated healthy scratches or anything.
This is the reality of the situation. AV clearly isn't interested in DZ moving forward.

01-03-2014, 08:35 PM
dethomas07

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersHank View Post
What a joke, trade a 23 year old dman who has hit 40 points once and almost twice because he is having a bad year. This is why this team gets nowhere. John Moore is better because he skates better, its sad
exactly!!!

i just dont want to trade him to trade him..

personally i rather keep him.. AV as the leader of this team should be able to get his head on straight and start playing hockey the way hes done early on..thats what a ****en good coach should do... you should never give up on a 23yr old player.. still so young

AV is a ****** coach, imo

dethomas07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2014, 08:47 PM
Blue Seat Spartan

I'd trade MDZ, but for what?

Since Brad Richards is no longer a top line center, THAT is an obvious hole to fill. And with MDZ's trade value at an all-time low, I doubt that he alone would fetch anything decent.

Add a 1st, 2nd, either J.T. Miller or Chris Kreider, and Girardi (an impending UFA) to the mix, and maybe the Rangers could draw lukewarm interest in trading for an elite center. But I'm not holding my breath on that, especially with the way this organization has been run for over 50+ years.

Blue Seat Spartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2014, 08:54 PM
RangersHank*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dethomas07 View Post
exactly!!!

personally i rather keep him.. AV as the leader of this team should be able to get his head on straight and start playing hockey the way hes done early on..thats what a ****en good coach should do... you should never give up on a 23yr old player.. still so young

Agreed. AV threw him under the bus and if he asked for a trade, good. I dont blame him. AV is an idiot

Old
01-03-2014, 08:58 PM
theJUMPER

Would this fan base be ok with packaging MDZ with Talbot (not sure how high other teams would be on him, but i'd imagine they see his upside value) to a team like the Oilers who are desperate for a dman and goalie?

Because MDZ being part of a package is the only way i can see them getting any value back .

theJUMPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2014, 09:00 PM
RangersHank*

Quote:
Originally Posted by theJUMPER View Post
Would this fan base be ok with packaging MDZ with Talbot (not sure how high other teams would be on him, but i'd imagine they see his upside value) to a team like the Oilers who are desperate for a dman and goalie?

Because MDZ being part of a package is the only way i can see them getting any value back .
I got laughed at suggesting Talbot gets traded

Old
01-03-2014, 09:04 PM
theJUMPER

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersHank View Post
I got laughed at suggesting Talbot gets traded
lol why? Are backups that cherished of a commodity? It's not like it's hard to plug somebody into that position cheaply through free agency. Plus i'd imagine his value is pretty favorable right now.

theJUMPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2014, 09:15 PM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeGarelli View Post
dang.. he is 23!! his ceiling is pretty high..
And in 4 years he'll only be 27!!!!!

Glen Teflon Sather is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2014, 09:21 PM
RangersHank*

Quote:
Originally Posted by theJUMPER View Post
lol why? Are backups that cherished of a commodity? It's not like it's hard to plug somebody into that position cheaply through free agency. Plus i'd imagine his value is pretty favorable right now.
I dont know but i mentioned trading him and alot of people mocked the suggestion. A team looking for a goalie might overpay, who knows? It should be an option tho

Old
01-03-2014, 09:45 PM
noupf

Quote:
Originally Posted by dethomas07 View Post
exactly!!!

All the idiots that are calling for a trade are exactly that......idiots. You have a 23 year old defenseman who can put up numbers. For what ever the reason, hes sucking this year.......oh well, **** happens. But to give up on a 23 year old who has shown that he can play and put up points is just beyond ridiculous.

But then again, I come to expect it from the ranger fan base and the half ass management that runs this team

noupf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2014, 09:47 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by noupf View Post
All the idiots that are calling for a trade are exactly that......idiots. You have a 23 year old defenseman who can put up numbers. For what ever the reason, hes sucking this year.......oh well, **** happens. But to give up on a 23 year old who has shown that he can play and put up points is just beyond ridiculous.

But then again, I come to expect it from the ranger fan base and the half ass management that runs this team
Yeah. People are suggesting trading him for garbage. Get a clue.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2014, 10:18 PM
ck20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni View Post
This is the reality of the situation. AV clearly isn't interested in DZ moving forward.
This is the part I don't understand. What is the plan then? What kind of team are they trying to work towards building? If Sather is still here for years to come, we know there isn't a plan of any sort other than "Get the biggest name/s available". If Sather is gone, then whoever the new GM is is going to have to cater to exactly what kind of players AV wants which means getting rid of half of the current team since it's obvious they can't get a handle on whatever his system is (if he even has a concrete plan himself which I've doubted since hearing that he didn't watch video of the team before coming here). Or the new GM is going to get rid of AV and/or build the team how they see fit instead of building the team around AV.

ck20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2014, 10:21 PM
SixGoalieSystem
HFBoards Sponsor

I'm with the DZ reps. I'd LOVE a meeting with the NYR GM to talk trade. Preferably a different GM.

SixGoalieSystem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2014, 10:26 PM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ck20 View Post
This is the part I don't understand. What is the plan then? What kind of team are they trying to work towards building? If Sather is still here for years to come, we know there isn't a plan of any sort other than "Get the biggest name/s available". If Sather is gone, then whoever the new GM is is going to have to cater to exactly what kind of players AV wants which means getting rid of half of the current team since it's obvious they can't get a handle on whatever his system is (if he even has a concrete plan himself which I've doubted since hearing that he didn't watch video of the team before coming here). Or the new GM is going to get rid of AV and/or build the team how they see fit instead of building the team around AV.
Hopefully the front office decides to formulate a plan this trade deadline and offseason. Would be a good time to gain young pieces to fit whatever style we want to play.

As far as what kind of team, I would think a team with speed and an ability to carry and move the puck up the ice. McDonagh, Kreider, Hagelin, Stepan, John Moore, Miller, Zuccarello.

Jabroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2014, 10:36 PM
JayKing
Go Habs Go

vCash: 591
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Instead of trading him when he was highly regarded, let's make sure we absolutely destroy his value and force him to demand a trade, and then trade him.
Wouldn't be surprised if he hasn't been traded beecause Sather's demands are too high instead of MDZ not having any value on the market

JayKing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2014, 10:42 PM
I Am Classless

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKing View Post
Wouldn't be surprised if he hasn't been traded beecause Sather's demands are too high instead of MDZ not having any value on the market
Not a whole lot of deals going around leaguewide in an attempt to be fair to Sather and crew. MDZ probably leaves here around the deadline, when more teams are more sure of what they'd want to give up for him.

I Am Classless is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2014, 10:48 PM
DelZottoHitTheNetJK

If the value's there, trade him. If it's not, keep him. Which is exactly what we've been doing. No problem with him not playing tonight against PIT after the last game when he got royally bent over by Brent ****ing Sutter

DelZottoHitTheNetJK is offline   Reply With Quote