Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

KPD Update -- Jonathan Girard

Closed Thread

Old
01-27-2004, 02:48 PM
Broonzfanz

vCash: 500
I am really pullin for this kid to make a comeback, but just to get his life back to normal is good enough for me.

Every quote he had reminded me of someone who was well beyond his years. He is really a mature kid. Even he said he was expecting big things this upcoming year, he said he was in the best shape of his life.

Great Article KPD

Old
01-27-2004, 03:26 PM
HockeyGoddess

What a truly wonderful article, Kevin... and absolutely great news to hear Jonathan is doing so well. Thank you *very* much for meeting with him and writing that article, KPD.

Go Bruins, go Bruins, GO!!
Old
01-27-2004, 03:31 PM
whatsbruin

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGoddess
What a truly wonderful article, Kevin... and absolutely great news to hear Jonathan is doing so well. Thank you *very* much for meeting with him and writing that article, KPD.
Very nice article.
You just have to pull for the kid.
Therapy is a *****, and very depressing.
Hopefully he has turned the corner and we see him on the ice next
year with Boston.

Old
01-27-2004, 03:38 PM
blurbruin

I'm sure I speak for most people here in saying that if Girard makes it back to the NHL I'll be buying tickets for his first game, and giving him a standing ovation on his first shift...

do you think most fleetcenter fans would acknowledge his return as well?

Great article KPD.

Old
01-27-2004, 03:43 PM
HockeyGoddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurbruin
I'm sure I speak for most people here in saying that if Girard makes it back to the NHL I'll be buying tickets for his first game, and giving him a standing ovation on his first shift...

Great article KPD.
I'll be there for certain!!

I think many fans at the FleetCenter would definitely give him a round of applause. Don't know if it'd be a standing O, but if they read KPD's article, and see the interview on NESN, it could well be a raucous ovation for Monsieur Girard upon his return to FleetCenter ice.

Old
01-27-2004, 04:05 PM
orrthegreatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurbruin

Great article KPD.
Thank you, Kevin, great job, this is truly a wonderful story, thanks for taking the time, and letting us know about it...I am giving Girard my own standing ovation right now, he is an inspiration...

Old
01-27-2004, 04:09 PM
DBL

I was waiting for something on Girard for awhile now, always wondering how he was doing. I was glad to read he is picking up strength, and has actually skated alittle, sounds like he really wanted back on the ice. It was a great read, thanks KPD.

And it got me thinking a little bit too. Girard seems very determined to come back and all, but what seperated Girard from others on the ice was his awesome skating ability, having his pelvis broken, you can only wonder how that will affect his skating. He maybe able to come back and play, but most likly not in the NHL if he can't recover his skating. I hope for the best though...

Old
01-27-2004, 04:12 PM
SToMper!

What an inspiring article on all levels. I hope he gets his chance again and succeeds beyond his expectations. Here's to hoping he makes it!

Old
01-27-2004, 04:50 PM
BruinsGod II

Absolutely Amazing Article .

Old
01-27-2004, 06:03 PM
Grumpy Grizz

Thanks for the great article HOH. After following his career the last couple of years, if he doesn't make it all the way back to the NHL, it won't be from lack of work and effort. He is one of the hardest working people around. Good Luck Jonathan

Grizz

Old
01-27-2004, 06:31 PM
trenton1
Paille Good

Great news that he continues to heal. I would love to see a full recovery that allows his career to resume as it would have. I thought he was really going to break out for the B's in '03-04. But it's great that, either way, he will still be able to lead a normal life after this accident. If he does come back that will be a huge accomplishment. And if he does really well, all the better. I'll be rooting for the kid no matter what. Good Luck to Jonathan.

Old
01-27-2004, 07:28 PM
WickedBruinsGirl

Awesome article KPD. I was wondering about if he'd make it to the Montreal game on Saturday, and then a few sentences later, that was answered.

Old
01-27-2004, 08:00 PM
orrthegreatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins4419
Awesome article KPD. I was wondering about if he'd make it to the Montreal game on Saturday, and then a few sentences later, that was answered.
Girard will be at the Bell Center Saturday, when the Bruins are in Montreal for a matinee against the Canadiens, and he plans to visit his friends in the dressing room. No doubt it will be an emotional reunion, back among all those big men, in their jackets, ties, and spoked B's on their chests.

WOW!! Hopefully that will inspire our team to play an a very hard physical game and take home the victory...

Old
01-27-2004, 09:37 PM
misterjaggers

Nice job. You let Girard shine through.

Old
01-27-2004, 10:22 PM
Bruinster*

Send a message via ICQ to Bruinster*
Nice Job KPD, but i've a question, I want to know if the Bruins keep contact with him on regular basic ? If yes who ? Sinden ? O'connell ? or a no body ?

And which kind of contact ? only about his health or about Hockey and his futur too ?

Old
01-27-2004, 11:56 PM
Jim Carey Price

Thanks KPD....great article...it would be great to see Jon back
...Also coming just before Heatley returns to the ice for an actual game..it will be interesting to see how much of the same player he will be, not just on the physical side...his accident was much more emotional obviously, but it has been a pretty quick return for him, I was surprised to see the headlines of his return this afternoon

Closed Thread