HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013-2014 Rangers Prospects Thread *Part II* (Player Stats in Post #1; Updated 1/31)

Closed Thread

Old
01-02-2014, 06:38 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

vCash: 500
A bit classless by Buchnevich, but as most have mentioned, these games get very heated. Lots of immaturity on all squads.

I wasn't terribly hopeful of this USA team, TBH. Pretty mediocre roster.

Old
01-02-2014, 07:31 PM
wafflepadsave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Well in that regard today he got his only 2 goals and one was an empty netter. That's not exactly great either.
Looks like is skating can use some work.

Old
01-02-2014, 07:53 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

For all the crapping on Buch, he's had a very solid tournament so far. 5 games, 7 points is excellent for an 18 year old.

And skating past the American bench isn't the worst thing in the world. When I read the discussion here, I thought he jumped into the American bench or something or he stood over a fallen American mocking him. What he did is no big deal, get over it, what a bunch of cry babies here.

Old
01-02-2014, 08:29 PM
Leetch3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspewtin View Post
http://www.tsn.ca/videohub/?collection=72&show=268239

This is the incident. Not for the faint of heart.
that is what all the fuss is about? are you serious? i really hope some of you are being sarcastic bashing him.

Old
01-02-2014, 08:35 PM
Leetch3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
Good grief. If an American prospect does this to Russia no one has an issue with it. At all. In fact, people would say it shows the player has "personality" and "heart" with a willingness to agitate the opponent.
plus don't forget that the russian player on the bench that sticked him would be a ******* that should go to jail for assault

Old
01-02-2014, 08:43 PM
Raspewtin
Fire Clowneault

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
For all the crapping on Buch, he's had a very solid tournament so far. 5 games, 7 points is excellent for an 18 year old.

And skating past the American bench isn't the worst thing in the world. When I read the discussion here, I thought he jumped into the American bench or something or he stood over a fallen American mocking him. What he did is no big deal, get over it, what a bunch of cry babies here.
Seriously.

I woke up to a BR notification that Russia "aggressively taunted team USA". I thought they like jumped into their bench or cleared the bench to laugh at them.

"It's going to be a zoo no matter what, Staalmania, Staals everywhre, omg Staal on Staal action, three brothers hockeying! Staal returning to Carolina omg what news! All the feels he is feel..." - Ail on Eric Staal's return to Carolina.
Old
01-02-2014, 08:51 PM
Synergy27

Is the Hartman kid related to NYR SC winner Mike Hartman?

Old
01-02-2014, 08:53 PM
Mikos87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacon View Post

I didn't have a problem with it. He iced the game scoring his second goal, played solid throughout the tournament, and is trying to lead his team to victory. I didn't have a problem with it.

As a fan of USA its easy to feel slighted, but as a fan of the Rangers, I had no problem with him doing it. Hartman's the kind of player that would do that, and I didn't have a problem with him sending a message the other way either.

Old
01-02-2014, 11:00 PM
Blurt Vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17futurecap View Post
Hopefully a future top 6 forward and a future top 4 dman for us.

Wow that‘s definitely Brady Skjei Buch is looking at...lol

Old
01-03-2014, 05:38 AM
Kshahdoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by wafflepadsave View Post
Looks like is skating can use some work.
You mean he should have dodged that stick in the face?

Old
01-03-2014, 06:43 AM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
to the victor go the spoils.

buch didnt do anything to create this type of animosity. he hammed it up a bit sure, but really? since when is that a problem in ice hockey amongst teenagers on the worlds biggest international stage. seriously folks? you dont understand if you think that game didnt matter to those young russian kids.

and the us team played like ass. period.

the russian team, as i said before, was loaded. they were stacked. pavel played a decent game and had a solid tourny. he and his team got the last laugh.

kids a talented, albeit maybe a bit immature, player and will bring some much needed skill to this organization.

demonstrative post goal displays are nothing unique. flash back to a few years ago when the usa won. nothin new here.

He hammed it up a lot. He didn't deserve what he got however. The US player was a bigger punk there than Buch.

Old
01-03-2014, 09:09 AM
Miamipuck
Al Swearengen

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
He hammed it up a lot. He didn't deserve what he got however. The US player was a bigger punk there than Buch.
I wish the US player knocked his freaking teeth out and no he wasn't the bigger punk, I guarantee Buch will think twice about doing that again. He love tapped him fwiw.

Old
01-03-2014, 09:33 AM
N9Y4R
Bleed Blue

I'm not a fan of showboating, especially at the professional level of sports. But these are kids and they get caught up in the the moment and their emotions, not that big a deal have fun. If you don't want him doing that win the *** game. What Hartman did was ridiculous. The one thing you never do is use your stick like that, intentionally in someone's face.

Old
01-03-2014, 02:28 PM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blurt Vision View Post
Wow that‘s definitely Brady Skjei Buch is looking at...lol
I tend to like a kid who's willing to do what he needs win....including getting into the opponents head.

Old
01-03-2014, 02:36 PM
Dactyl*

Can't believe people are calling buch classless. While I'm not a fan of taunting that was pretty ****** of the USA player to hit him in the face with his stick. IMO the US player is the classless dbag here not buch.

Old
01-03-2014, 03:22 PM
Anthony Mauro
DraftBuzz Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Finland/Czech game had some very impressive prospects. Finland's Honka('14 draft) looks like a gem. Undrafted Dominik Simon was the Czechs version of Ryan Callahan, smart, involved, plays big, leadership, plays in top Czech league.

Love this time of year, watching hockey all day, then tonight, with lots of snow coming
Honka's Erik Karlsson all over. So smooth and calculated with a lot of offensive upside. He has a chance to be a better overall player than Ekblad, regardless of his size.

Old
01-03-2014, 04:01 PM
Bardof425*

Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
to the victor go the spoils.

buch didnt do anything to create this type of animosity. he hammed it up a bit sure, but really? since when is that a problem in ice hockey amongst teenagers on the worlds biggest international stage. seriously folks? you dont understand if you think that game didnt matter to those young russian kids.

and the us team played like ass. period.

the russian team, as i said before, was loaded. they were stacked. pavel played a decent game and had a solid tourny. he and his team got the last laugh.

kids a talented, albeit maybe a bit immature, player and will bring some much needed skill to this organization.

demonstrative post goal displays are nothing unique. flash back to a few years ago when the usa won. nothin new here.
Where to start. First off, I don't have a big problem with what Buch did. If you watched the game, he was involved all game with the gabbing going back and forth and if he decided he wanted to make 25 enemies, that's his choice. We're going to have to defend him in a couple of years when some of these guys come gunning for his head.

However, the U.S. team did not play like ass. Their PP against the better teams was missing high end talent. Aside from Eichel and Kerdiles, they were grinders and Matteau is crap; giveaway after giveaway in the offensive zone. And so they didn't take advantage of their PP opportunities and they lost.

But without the two 5 on 3s the U.S. wins this game and for the most part was the better team. The Soviets got the benefit of the officiating (several checks from behind went uncalled) and are pretty porous in the D zone. The Swedes are going to carve them up tomorrow.

Old
01-03-2014, 04:06 PM
SnowblindNYR

You know what's funny? The stereotypes for Russians used to be "lazy Russian that just wants to collect a check and has no passion for the game unlike those Canadians". Not all of a sudden they're not modest like the Canadians because they get excited about scoring goals and winning. Seems like HF and many NA fans have a problem with Russians no matter what they do.

Old
01-03-2014, 04:13 PM
Bardof425*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
You know what's funny? The stereotypes for Russians used to be "lazy Russian that just wants to collect a check and has no passion for the game unlike those Canadians". Not all of a sudden they're not modest like the Canadians because they get excited about scoring goals and winning. Seems like HF and many NA fans have a problem with Russians no matter what they do.
That's a little silly. What he did deserved a response. He could have easily have been immodest without taunting the US bench. But as I said, you can't put this is a vacuum; he was involved the whole game with the yapping as was Hartman. My concern is that when he comes over here he will have a target on his back both from players and North American officials. In the long run, this was likely a mistake.

Old
01-03-2014, 04:19 PM
Thirty One
k.

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
this is a vacuum;
His celebration was a bit immature, but he's a kid so...

Can't wait for Coaches Corner this week though pause not.

Old
01-03-2014, 04:20 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
That's a little silly. What he did deserved a response. He could have easily have been immodest without taunting the US bench. But as I said, you can't put this is a vacuum; he was involved the whole game with the yapping as was Hartman. My concern is that when he comes over here he will have a target on his back both from players and North American officials. In the long run, this was likely a mistake.
I doubt anyone in like Fall of 2015 will care of what happened in January 2014. Also, yeah he was wrong here, but he's not the only example of this. I was also thinking of Ovechkin and Yakupov. I'd say Anisimov to a smaller extent (the rifle).

Old
01-03-2014, 04:20 PM
jniklast

Quote:
I don't think this will be remembered that long. In the end this was just a WJC quarterfinal. In the grand scheme of thing it really wasn't that big a deal. Hardly anybody will care about this incident when he makes the NHL.

Old
01-03-2014, 05:07 PM
eco's bones

Had no problem with what Buchnevich did--don't have a big problem with what Hartman did either. These games aren't love fests.

Old
01-03-2014, 08:01 PM
McDonagh
Slow it down 30GHz

USA U17 team just demolished Quebec 9-1 and is gonna be playing Pacific Canada or Russia in the gold medal game tomorrow. Colin White is having an unreal tournament.

Old
01-03-2014, 08:03 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDonagh View Post
USA U17 team just demolished Quebec 9-1 and is gonna be playing Pacific Canada or Russia in the gold medal game tomorrow. Colin White is having an unreal tournament.
is he related to the ex-devil??

Closed Thread