HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

GDT: 18/01/07 Montreal @ Atlanta 7 PM EST (RDS)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-19-2007, 12:03 PM
  #401
NoKtUrN
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Gatineau, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 583
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
Power play does not count for +.
Thank you for the quick response.

NoKtUrN is offline  
Old
01-19-2007, 01:32 PM
  #402
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban
 
Team_Spirit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 20,346
vCash: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
That is the most passive PK I've seen against Souray in a long time.

I have no clue why atlanta PK didn't challenge souray more aggresively especially since the team is struggling to move the puck around with confidence. I'll give them a break on the 5 on 3 but the plekanec goal was just a piss poor PK strategy/effort.

The poor atlanta PK and Huet's heroics were the key to the win. But in general, I think we are far from being out of the woods yet. There's still improvements to be made. The 1-2-2 is much too porous and the defensive zone coverage is having alot of lapses. Hopefully, the 2 points gained will bring a bit more confidence back into the team leading to better defensive execution.

Its funny how samsonov gets rewarded with a goal in the same game where he displayed some urgency and added effort. I'll have to see more of this from sammy on a consistent basis before I start to get off his back because we have seen this one game mirage before from him.
Good post. If i remember correctly our last game against Atlanta Souray also scored and their point coverage was pathetic, there is clearly some coaching issue in ATL they should do their homework. That being said i don't complain about it

Team_Spirit is offline  
Old
01-19-2007, 02:30 PM
  #403
yukoner
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,088
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
One of Hossa's shots were right on his chest.

Huet made a few good stop, but he certainly wasn't "tested". I don't think it was a very hard night for him at all, other than a few moments in the first. He was there to make the key saves though, which is what's important.

I'm just saying that the shots aren't the whole story... We didn't let them walk all over us, they just took alot of low-chance weak shots that weren't threatening.
I agree shots don't tell the story, we dominated that game for the most part. But I do think Huet made some real big stops, and rebound control, he was tested and wss on his game. WHen Huet's really on his game, all the saves look easy, that's how you know he's hot.

Thing is with Huet, it's always hard to tell the really good saves because he makes it seem so easy. For example, Hossa's shot was right at the chest, well that's because Huet was in brilliant position, like 1 ft outside of the crease, perfectly aligned to the shooter through traffic, as a result it looks like a simple save. Some other goalie that might have gone under his arm or even over the shoulder.

Aebi makes more spectacular saves in 1 game than Huet in a whole month!

yukoner is offline  
Old
01-19-2007, 05:11 PM
  #404
Teufelsdreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 14,104
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukoner View Post
I agree shots don't tell the story, we dominated that game for the most part. But I do think Huet made some real big stops, and rebound control, he was tested and wss on his game. WHen Huet's really on his game, all the saves look easy, that's how you know he's hot.

Thing is with Huet, it's always hard to tell the really good saves because he makes it seem so easy. For example, Hossa's shot was right at the chest, well that's because Huet was in brilliant position, like 1 ft outside of the crease, perfectly aligned to the shooter through traffic, as a result it looks like a simple save. Some other goalie that might have gone under his arm or even over the shoulder.

Aebi makes more spectacular saves in 1 game than Huet in a whole month!
Yes, and Aebischer is out of position innumerable times in any given game, not to mention his giving up fat rebounds.

Teufelsdreck is offline  
Old
01-19-2007, 06:00 PM
  #405
guest1467
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 24,824
vCash: 500
Sourays shot went inbetween 2 Atlanta players that were about 5 feet away from him, (which ended up deflecting the puck through Kari's legs) how is that bad coverage? There is just no way to cover this guy completely, cause if you do than Kovalev will burn you down low on the half boards.

guest1467 is offline  
Old
01-19-2007, 06:27 PM
  #406
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny
 
Hackett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,294
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
Sourays shot went inbetween 2 Atlanta players that were about 5 feet away from him, (which ended up deflecting the puck through Kari's legs) how is that bad coverage? There is just no way to cover this guy completely, cause if you do than Kovalev will burn you down low on the half boards.
all this says is that the atl players didn't completely go into souray's shooting lanes.

Instead of forcing souray to find his own room, they gave it to him. If the shooting lane was blocked, souray normally doesn't shoot in the first place.

Hackett is offline  
Old
01-19-2007, 06:57 PM
  #407
Kimota
Nation of Poutine
 
Kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Vieille Capitale
Country: France
Posts: 21,643
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
That is the most passive PK I've seen against Souray in a long time.

I have no clue why atlanta PK didn't challenge souray more aggresively especially since the team is struggling to move the puck around with confidence. I'll give them a break on the 5 on 3 but the plekanec goal was just a piss poor PK strategy/effort.

The poor atlanta PK and Huet's heroics were the key to the win. But in general, I think we are far from being out of the woods yet. There's still improvements to be made. The 1-2-2 is much too porous and the defensive zone coverage is having alot of lapses. Hopefully, the 2 points gained will bring a bit more confidence back into the team leading to better defensive execution.

Its funny how samsonov gets rewarded with a goal in the same game where he displayed some urgency and added effort. I'll have to see more of this from sammy on a consistent basis before I start to get off his back because we have seen this one game mirage before from him.
Wholeheartly agree.

The Habs were lucky the other night. The three games before that, our PP was innefective because the other teams figured out our plays wich was Sourey and his big shot. Since our PP is so simple and dumb, they figured to just not allow Sourey to shoot and it worked for them. Next thing you know we got in a slump.

The Atlanta PK was brutal. And I really think we should change our strategy on the PP.

Kimota is offline  
Old
01-19-2007, 09:23 PM
  #408
MathMan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 16,891
vCash: 500
Not so much change the strategy as get things going down low with the thread of the Souray cannon out there.

Just by being there Souray opens up options, like the Markov diagonal pass, Kovalev stickhanding and passing to Koivu in the crease or across to Ryder, that sort of thing.

Besides, the 2nd PP unit is doing pretty well.

MathMan is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:28 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.