HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Thu., Jan. 2, 2014| Flyers 1 at Avalanche 2

Old
01-04-2014, 01:36 PM
Ryker

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curufinwe View Post
You know Gus is injured, right? Who is going to replace Meszaros and play better than him?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Striiker View Post
The **** my dog just took in the back yard could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
pretty much any Phantom. But I doubt it happens unless Mez is injured since we're on a road trip
I'd like to see a Phantom called up just to see a new face, as well, but I'm doubtful they'd play better than Meszaros. I don't get it. I know he can be awful at times, but what exactly did he do last night, other than actually get the puck through to the net to have Simmonds tip it on the lone goal? He had 2 takeaways, no giveaways, and I can't really recall any occasion where there would be a scoring chance for the Avalanche due to his bad play.

Also, I thought Rinaldo was decent for a change, and hopefully he continues the way he played this game. He did nothing earth-shattering, but, for example, it was amazing seeing that when in the third period after he gave up the puck with a blind pass in the opposing zone behind the goal line, he was the one who was the first of the forwards not only to get back, but the one to disrupt Colorado's rush, as well.

Ugh, Vincenzo really struggled, though, and I thought he was the worst player on the ice. I don't know if he's still injured or not, but unfortunately that doesn't change anything other than possibly explain his poor play.

Ryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2014, 01:54 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior

Mez spent an alarming amount of time standing around instead of playing defense, he looked completely lost.

01-04-2014, 02:08 PM
Funf

Mez has consistently blown coverages down low, gone for hits where he shouldn't, pinched where he shouldn't, and it's not exactly like he's bringing any offense at this point to make up for it.

Count me in on wanting to see Alt get a game or two in.

Funf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2014, 07:50 PM
Ryker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Mez spent an alarming amount of time standing around instead of playing defense, he looked completely lost.
But if he was that bad, how could he have ended up with two out of three Flyers takeaways? You can't take pucks away by not doing anything.

Plus, you should focus as much on other defensemen as you do on Meszaros, just to put things into perspective. I'm not saying he's anything more than a third pairing defenseman, and not even that when he has his bad days, but I really don't see his performance against Colorado as detrimental.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funf View Post
Mez has consistently blown coverages down low, gone for hits where he shouldn't, pinched where he shouldn't, and it's not exactly like he's bringing any offense at this point to make up for it.

Count me in on wanting to see Alt get a game or two in.
He's definitely been guilty of a lot of what you say, and I'd like to see Alt get playing time, as well. Well, I'd rather see Lauridsen, but I'm curious as to how good Alt is.

Ryker is offline   Reply With Quote