HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers acquire LW Dan Carcillo from Kings for cond. 7th rounder

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-04-2014, 04:12 PM
  #101
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart
 
Kel Varnsen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,102
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather View Post
I hate the idea of goon players but people's absurdity here are making me defend Carcillo and I hate that as well.

I'm the last guy to whine about team toughness and all that nonsense but with Dorsett out we needed someone like Carcillo in there to replace.

Like I said, if we called up Haley instead everyone would LOVE it.
Yeah, because Haley isn't a POS that jumped Gabby

Kel Varnsen is offline  
Old
01-04-2014, 04:13 PM
  #102
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,804
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather View Post
I hate the idea of goon players but people's absurdity here are making me defend Carcillo and I hate that as well.

I'm the last guy to whine about team toughness and all that nonsense but with Dorsett out we needed someone like Carcillo in there to replace.

Like I said, if we called up Haley instead everyone would LOVE it.
Carcillo certainly out-idiots Dorsett, which is no easy feat

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline  
Old
01-04-2014, 04:13 PM
  #103
FrankM95149
Rakim is GOAT
 
FrankM95149's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Near Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 1,687
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers Fail View Post
Not really. He didn't look like he wanted to fight Dan Carcillo at all.
Well he dropped the gloves, Carcillo is just doing what he is supposed to, trying to goad players like Gaborik into a fight. And it worked

FrankM95149 is offline  
Old
01-04-2014, 04:14 PM
  #104
Jax1166
Registered User
 
Jax1166's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: I-95
Country: United States
Posts: 1,390
vCash: 500
Coulda just re-signed Prust and not traded Dubinsky........

Jax1166 is offline  
Old
01-04-2014, 04:14 PM
  #105
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,804
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
Yeah, because Haley isn't a POS that jumped Gabby
The rest of the team didnt care then, Im sure they dont care now.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline  
Old
01-04-2014, 04:14 PM
  #106
ck20
Registered User
 
ck20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 1,131
vCash: 50
At least Carcillo will infuse a little personality into this team. I don't even care if it's "negative", this Rangers team has negative personality. I hope he just runs around gooning it up, this team needs SOMETHING to happen from SOMEONE. I don't care who or what at this point. Get something going. Stand up for a teammate, punch someone in the ****ing face, just do something. When was our last fight anyway? McIlrath?

ck20 is offline  
Old
01-04-2014, 04:15 PM
  #107
DutchShamrock
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 4,964
vCash: 500
Not like I could be any more disconnected with this team anyway. Patient when it comes to addressing critical issues but he never misses a beat with irrelevant moves to get tougher.

DutchShamrock is offline  
Old
01-04-2014, 04:16 PM
  #108
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,487
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankM95149 View Post
Well he dropped the gloves, Carcillo is just doing what he is supposed to, trying to goad players like Gaborik into a fight. And it worked
Yeah, I'm sure that Marian Gaborik (does he even have any fights in his career) wanted to fight Carcillo.

He didn't "goad" him into a fight, he started punching him.

Rangers Fail is offline  
Old
01-04-2014, 04:17 PM
  #109
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,804
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ck20 View Post
At least Carcillo will infuse a little personality into this team. I don't even care if it's "negative", this Rangers team has negative personality. I hope he just runs around gooning it up, this team needs SOMETHING to happen from SOMEONE. I don't care who or what at this point. Get something going. Stand up for a teammate, punch someone in the ****ing face, just do something. When was our last fight anyway? McIlrath?
AV better watch out. Only a matter of time before we get down to #3

1. Make a trade for personality/pest/toughness/personality
2. Make a weird multi-player trade to "shake up the team"
3. Blame it on the coach

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline  
Old
01-04-2014, 04:17 PM
  #110
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist
 
Riche16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: FL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,437
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megustaelhockey View Post
Wonderful. Makes the team even LESS likable.
Exactly.

Getting to the point where I can't defend them anymore.

Other fan: "Rags suck! So many terrible players. What's up with Hank? Nash lol. And Carcillo!?! Are you serious????"

Me: "ummmmmmmm, sooooooooooo, how about this winter? Huh? Pretty rough, Am I right???"

Riche16 is offline  
Old
01-04-2014, 04:18 PM
  #111
WPGNYRFan
Registered User
 
WPGNYRFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,216
vCash: 1700
Add me to the list of people who hate Carcillo. Bleh...

WPGNYRFan is offline  
Old
01-04-2014, 04:18 PM
  #112
ReverbAndDelay
Old Time Hockey
 
ReverbAndDelay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: New Jersey
Country: Argentina
Posts: 220
vCash: 500
Sather picks up one of the few players I actually despise. Awesome.

ReverbAndDelay is offline  
Old
01-04-2014, 04:18 PM
  #113
someone stole hank
Geno's and Apples
 
someone stole hank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 2,937
vCash: 500
If we can't beat them on the score board...beat em up

someone stole hank is online now  
Old
01-04-2014, 04:18 PM
  #114
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 29,807
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
AV better watch out. Only a matter of time before we get down to #3

1. Make a trade for personality/pest/toughness/personality
2. Make a weird multi-player trade to "shake up the team"
3. Blame it on the coach
Bleed all over 'em and let 'em know you're there!

__________________
SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline  
Old
01-04-2014, 04:19 PM
  #115
Riverdale
Registered User
 
Riverdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 5,597
vCash: 500
Alright!

Turning point of the season!

Good to know you're hard at work Glenny Boy

Riverdale is offline  
Old
01-04-2014, 04:20 PM
  #116
eco's bones
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Elmira NY
Country: United States
Posts: 12,381
vCash: 500
For **** sake.

Avery fought him to a draw. Prust kicked the **** out of him. He's not a very good hockey player. Like to see him tonight up against Orr, McLaren or Fraser. I'm betting he'd get his ass handed to him.

This is a band aid that doesn't quite fit the size of the wound it's intended to cover.

eco's bones is offline  
Old
01-04-2014, 04:20 PM
  #117
someone stole hank
Geno's and Apples
 
someone stole hank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 2,937
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverdale View Post
Alright!

Turning point of the season!

Good to know you're hard at work Glenny Boy
Well...it shows he's still alive...for now

someone stole hank is online now  
Old
01-04-2014, 04:21 PM
  #118
Barnaby
Registered User
 
Barnaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Port Jefferson, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,494
vCash: 500
I'd hate to be Haley right now… talk about a team having no faith in you.

Barnaby is offline  
Old
01-04-2014, 04:21 PM
  #119
NYR2007
Registered User
 
NYR2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 545
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers Fail View Post
Yeah, I'm sure that Marian Gaborik (does he even have any fights in his career) wanted to fight Carcillo.

He didn't "goad" him into a fight, he started punching him.
Gabby dropped the gloves first ... He said so himself after the game .

Your problem should be with Girardi not getting in there .. Just like every time with Girardi

NYR2007 is offline  
Old
01-04-2014, 04:22 PM
  #120
Dagoon44
Registered User
 
Dagoon44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 4,883
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
OK guys here it goes. Tag this post for later use.

I HATE THIS TRADE..
we wasted a pick on a total piece of crap.. he is a dirty player a so so fighter and way past being useful. I would have rather played Haley who is a better hockey player.. This team is in trouble because I am starting to think AV doesn't like the system and players who are in place.. Carbomb is a punk and on what his 4 team in 2 yrs?

Dagoon44 is offline  
Old
01-04-2014, 04:23 PM
  #121
Ail
k.
 
Ail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 16,046
vCash: 500
Hahahahahahahaha

This organization will never, ever change.

__________________
Ail is offline  
Old
01-04-2014, 04:23 PM
  #122
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,487
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR2007 View Post
Gabby dropped the gloves first ... He said so himself after the game .

Your problem should be with Girardi not getting in there .. Just like every time with Girardi
My original post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers Fail View Post
Once again, **** the Rangers for just standing there.

Rangers Fail is offline  
Old
01-04-2014, 04:24 PM
  #123
Ail
k.
 
Ail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 16,046
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
OK guys here it goes. Tag this post for later use.

I HATE THIS TRADE..
we wasted a pick on a total piece of crap.. he is a dirty player a so so fighter and way past being useful. I would have rather played Haley who is a better hockey player.. This team is in trouble because I am starting to think AV doesn't like the system and players who are in place.. Carbomb is a punk and on what his 4 team in 2 yrs?
This is shocking. The trade definitely is not.

I am bookmarking this post.

Ail is offline  
Old
01-04-2014, 04:24 PM
  #124
MGF0723
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 460
vCash: 500
A few years back when Carcillo, Carter and Richards played with the flyers, I had a beach house down in Sea Isle City on the Jersey shore. Those three had a house there too and frequented the bars. Carcillo was a royal p r I c k, arrogant and pompous in every way possible.

MGF0723 is offline  
Old
01-04-2014, 04:24 PM
  #125
Riverdale
Registered User
 
Riverdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 5,597
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
OK guys here it goes. Tag this post for later use.

I HATE THIS TRADE..
we wasted a pick on a total piece of crap.. he is a dirty player a so so fighter and way past being useful. I would have rather played Haley who is a better hockey player.. This team is in trouble because I am starting to think AV doesn't like the system and players who are in place.. Carbomb is a punk and on what his 4 team in 2 yrs?
Those last two teams being ones that are MUCH better than the Rangers

If the Hawks and Kings gave up on this guy then what is he going to do for us?

Sather knows his name. That is why he is here.

Riverdale is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:25 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.