HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

David Desharnais fights back!

Closed Thread

Old
01-04-2014, 04:13 PM
Hugo Sham

vCash: 500
still sucks in the D zone, still over-matched on the road when opposing teams put big centers (or 1st line centers) Vs him and still weak with the puck for the most part.
he has done better of late - and i give him props for that...but habs aren't going anywhere with him centering most offensive line on the team.
hopefully supplanted soon by Galchenyuk because Therrien continues to give Eller and Pleks all the ****** wingers

Old
01-04-2014, 04:16 PM
Craig71

I disagree with the height.

Old
01-04-2014, 04:19 PM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

I hope those who rate Desharnais' value as an NHL centre highly will post exactly that on other teams' boards. I'd be interested to see what sort of trade offers other teams' fans might post.

Old
01-04-2014, 04:19 PM
Bieber fever

lol at Desharnais listed at 5'7. I saw him in person a couple of time he's more like 5,5 5'6

Old
01-04-2014, 04:29 PM
habsfanatics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorinth View Post
I assume this is directed at me. I was responding to a poster that claimed if Patches was with another center he would score less.

That's not a given because with Desharnais the line is predictable which makes it easier to defend against. Desharnais also doesn't help create space for his linemates. If you give a sniper time and space he's more likely to score. Pacioretty might get more scoring chances from Eller's better board/cycling work. He might get more 2-1s with Plekanec anticipation and transitional play. With Desharnais he's without question the go to guy but that doesn't mean he would score more/less with someone else.
You'd have a hardtime arguing that this predictability you speak of is easier to defend. 16 goals in 21 games points to the exact opposite.

Patches might do a lot of things, scoring at a higher clip than 16 goals in 21 games is most likely not one of them, but I mean, lets continue to speculate and harp on the center who has been part of his success in favor of the unknown.

Old
01-04-2014, 04:34 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfanatics View Post
You'd have a hardtime arguing that this predictability you speak of is easier to defend. 16 goals in 21 games points to the exact opposite.

Patches might do a lot of things, scoring at a higher clip than 16 goals in 21 games is most likely not one of them, but I mean, lets continue to speculate and harp on the center who has been part of his success in favor of the unknown.
Max has played more than 21 games this season...

Old
01-04-2014, 04:38 PM
habsfanatics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Max has played more than 21 games this season...
Sure, Max was also injured and returning from injury too. I know we like to give Max's success to Max, and all DD's success to Max too, but this just isn't anywhere close to reality. The two compliment each other, they will hit highs and lows again this year, but generally speaking, they're a pretty good fit. Max loves playing with him, I think he kind of has an idea here.

Old
01-04-2014, 04:39 PM
Et le But

But can he fight?

Old
01-04-2014, 04:40 PM
Smokey Thompson

Quote:
Sure, Max was also injured and returning from injury too. I know we like to give Max's success to Max, and all DD's success to Max too, but this just isn't anywhere close to reality. The two compliment each other, they will hit highs and lows again this year, but generally speaking, they're a pretty good fit. Max loves playing with him, I think he kind of has an idea here.
I'd say they both owe a lot of their success to Subban.

Old
01-04-2014, 04:40 PM
theboss*

Cant wait until he is gone. Never hated a habs player this much.

Old
01-04-2014, 04:43 PM
Sorinth

Quote:

He's not going to keep up that pace even if Crosby was his center. Players especially goal scorers score in bunches. Right now Patches is hot, he's going to cool down at some point. Since the team is playing .500 hockey for the past while there's no reason to not try something new.

Old
01-04-2014, 04:43 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Max would be fine playing with Eller, Galchenyuk or Plecs. Pretty sure he'd probably improve actually. He doesn't need DD anymore than Kessel needs Bozak.

If DD didn't have Max...

Old
01-04-2014, 04:55 PM
habsfanatics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Max would be fine playing with Eller, Galchenyuk or Plecs. Pretty sure he'd probably improve actually. He doesn't need DD anymore than Kessel needs Bozak.

If DD didn't have Max...
Never once did I say Max needs DD, do you think I'm ******** here? All I said is that they are a little more complimentary to one another than is being let on.

You have no idea if patches would be any better with another player. You just repeat it as if it's fact. Sure, goal scorers go on hot streaks and patches is in the midst of one of those, arguing that he'd be doing any better than his best stretch of his entire career is bit silly though, don't you think?

Max has even credited DD for some of his success and routinely goes out of his way to defend the guy. I know, I know, this is what teammates do, but rather than speculate on the intentions of Max's own words, I take them for what they are. I've never seen him do the same for any of the other centers.

He seems to enjoy playing with DD, does he really, or is he lying? I don't know, but I don't see anything to suggest he's not telling the truth. I'd say enjoy while it lasts and then shake things up when they slump if necessary, this line is not the reason for the habs lack of success, the other 3 lines are.

Old
01-04-2014, 04:57 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Never once did I say Max needs DD, do you think I'm ******** here?
Didn't say that you did. About that question... I have no idea. But based on this first sentence I'm not going to read the rest of your post.

Old
01-04-2014, 05:01 PM
WhiskeySeven
Pretty big member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
This thread is the epicenter of circular debates....

We've all been involved, we all have hellish tales to tell. It's our Vietnam.
The horror!! The horror!!

Old
01-04-2014, 05:03 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
But can he fight?
You obviously didn't read the thread title.

Old
01-04-2014, 05:05 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
But can he fight?
I think he could beat Chara in a fight. Chara's fists can't reach his face when DD is biting at his knees.

Old
01-04-2014, 05:08 PM
Winter Eclipse

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
I think he could beat Chara in a fight. Chara's fists can't reach his face when DD is biting at his knees.
But then the problem becomes Parros' ice time when he comes back! With Desharnais getting all the prime fighting chances, what is the plan for Parros going forward? Will we sit him indefinitely? If so, what was the point of signing him?!?!

I just think we should give Parros the opportunity to do what he brought in to do!!

Old
01-04-2014, 05:14 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter Eclipse View Post
But then the problem becomes Parros' ice time when he comes back! With Desharnais getting all the prime fighting chances, what is the plan for Parros going forward? Will we sit him indefinitely? If so, what was the point of signing him?!?!

I just think we should give Parros the opportunity to do what he brought in to do!!
Well done. I lol'd.

Old
01-04-2014, 05:20 PM
Harpo
Lyle forever

vCash: 50
Desharnais has been good lately and should be the last of our worries. If we could swap Gionta or Briere for a rugged winger, that fantastic hatefest would go away.

Old
01-04-2014, 05:20 PM
Sorinth

Quote:
Max has even credited DD for some of his success and routinely goes out of his way to defend the guy. I know, I know, this is what teammates do, but rather than speculate on the intentions of Max's own words, I take them for what they are. I've never seen him do the same for any of the other centers.
He's also credited Cunneyworth and said he was a great coach. Should we re-hire him when Therrien gets canned?

Old
01-04-2014, 05:23 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpo View Post
Desharnais has been good lately and should be the last of our worries. If we could swap Gionta or Briere for a rugged winger, that fantastic hatefest would go away.
Wishful thinking...

Old
01-04-2014, 05:23 PM
Winter Eclipse

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Well done. I lol'd.
Ha ha, I have my moments

Old
01-04-2014, 05:32 PM
habsfanatics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorinth View Post
He's also credited Cunneyworth and said he was a great coach. Should we re-hire him when Therrien gets canned?
Link?

Old
01-04-2014, 05:42 PM
PyrettaBlaze

What would Desharnais do without Pacioretty?

Closed Thread