HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Out of Town Thread LXXIV - All News & Talk from Around the League

Closed Thread

Old
01-04-2014, 10:55 AM
Gustave

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I know you don't base yourself on one game to make a decision on the Olympics but geez....can you really NOT invite Sharp?
Kunitz will stick out like a sore thumb when he'll be selected next to all that true talent on TC. So many deserving guys (Marleau for instance) will stay at home as this guy will still get first line minutes... I mean, guys like Sharp will be bubble guys FFS.

Old
01-04-2014, 10:55 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
I know you don't base yourself on one game to make a decision on the Olympics but geez....can you really NOT invite Sharp?
After leading the playoffs last year in goals, and being second only to Ovechkin in goal scoring this year, he makes for one notable omission, that's for sure. I know why they're talking about Kunitz, but I'd be surprised if Crosby couldn't make even better use of someone better like Sharp. He's the Hawk's new Hossa, flying under the radar for so long, doing nothing but put up near PPG/30+ goal seasons year after year while playing great 2-way championship hockey.

Old
01-04-2014, 11:59 AM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
After leading the playoffs last year in goals, and being second only to Ovechkin in goal scoring this year, he makes for one notable omission, that's for sure. I know why they're talking about Kunitz, but I'd be surprised if Crosby couldn't make even better use of someone better like Sharp. He's the Hawk's new Hossa, flying under the radar for so long, doing nothing but put up near PPG/30+ goal seasons year after year while playing great 2-way championship hockey.
Sharp is garbage, hopefully MB doesn't trade Briere, 2nd, and Diaz for him

Old
01-04-2014, 12:01 PM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustave View Post
Kunitz will stick out like a sore thumb when he'll be selected next to all that true talent on TC. So many deserving guys (Marleau for instance) will stay at home as this guy will still get first line minutes... I mean, guys like Sharp will be bubble guys FFS.
Marleau? Are you kidding me? No San Jose Shark other than Couture should be on the team. They were pure trash last Olympics even though they were force fed PP time. The only good one was Boyle, but there's no way he deserves to be there this season.

Old
01-04-2014, 12:42 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Marleau? Are you kidding me? No San Jose Shark other than Couture should be on the team. They were pure trash last Olympics even though they were force fed PP time. The only good one was Boyle, but there's no way he deserves to be there this season.
I would not have anybody else but Couture on San Jose too....but I wouldn't be surprised to see Boyle.....and not see Subban.

Old
01-04-2014, 12:45 PM
le_sean

Quote:
I would not have anybody else but Couture on San Jose too....but I wouldn't be surprised to see Boyle.....and not see Subban.
I wouldn't be surprised with Boyle either, but I don't think he should be there. It's a Team Canada move, to be honest. Almost like inviting as many players from the Salt Lake team to Turin.

Old
01-04-2014, 12:49 PM
NateTheGr8

vCash: 291
I miss the days when Joe Sakic was Captain Canada

Old
01-04-2014, 02:43 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by NateTheGr8 View Post
I miss the days when Joe Sakic was Captain Canada
Dont worry.

Hope Crosby will be the captain.

Old
01-04-2014, 03:21 PM
Gustave

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
My point is more on Kunitz basically being a lock right now. In my pecking order of names mentioned; Sharp > Marleau > Kunitz.

Like WS said, having Sharp on the outside to make room for someone like Kunitz doesn't make any sense to me. And while we are at it, Marleau on the big ice makes way more sense to me than Kunitz. That's just to hammer how low I have Kunitz on my TC list.

Old
01-04-2014, 05:44 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Chara can't fight.

Old
01-04-2014, 05:54 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Chara can't fight.
Did he lose a fight today? Did he bear hug someone to the floor?

Old
01-04-2014, 06:12 PM
MarkovsKnee

This whole let's take teammates for chemistry reasons is such crap. That's what got Seabrook on the 2010 team and he was awful. The 3 Sharks Healthy, Thornton and Marleau were all useless too.

Why can't TC just take the best players? Do they really think that Crosby can't deal with playing with Sharp? That he can only play with Kunitz. WTF is that? If Crosby is the player that everyone thinks he is, he can play with any player out there and still succeed. Years of playing with Dupuis has proven that.

Just take the best players. Take players with talent and speed. Sharp should definitely be on TC just like Subban should.

Old
01-04-2014, 07:16 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
Did he lose a fight today? Did he bear hug someone to the floor?
He tried to bear hug and fell.

Old
01-04-2014, 07:37 PM
StellerEller
Canada's Team

vCash: 100
Toews should wear the C

Old
01-04-2014, 07:47 PM
Mathletic

5-0 Rangers in Toronto, over 30 shots allowed not even through 2 period for the Leafs

Old
01-04-2014, 08:01 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Yeah, sharp is smart enough and does everything kunitz does except better, except on the physical side. He should have fantastic chemistry with crosby

Old
01-04-2014, 08:02 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathletic View Post
5-0 Rangers in Toronto, over 30 shots allowed not even through 2 period for the Leafs
The figs suck a little more than what the Habs do tonight.

Old
01-04-2014, 08:11 PM
MarkovsKnee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathletic View Post
You know the figs only have 14 ROWs in 42 games. That's horrible. Under the old system that's like a 28 win season.

Their 7 shoot-out wins are really helping them points wise.

The only teams with lower ROWs than the figs are: Buffalo, Florida and the Isles. Otherwise known at the 3 worse teams in the conference.

Any team below them that catches up to the Leafs automatically goes ahead by the ROW tiebreaker.

Old
01-04-2014, 09:20 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Tomas Tatar goal....

Old
01-04-2014, 09:42 PM
BigDaddyLurch
Deleted Posts Leader

...and Bieksa goes down like he was shot after ripping Carter's helmet off...this, ladies & gentlemen, is why people hate the 'Nucks...

Old
01-04-2014, 09:49 PM
thewall

Quote:
Tomas Tatar goal....

It's alot easier to stickhandle like that when there is not 3 inches of snow covering the Ice.... His SO attempt had 0 % of succeeding

Old
01-04-2014, 10:21 PM
Bloumeister
Certifiable

Quote:
Tomas Tatar goal....

Old
01-04-2014, 10:32 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
What are you even talking about? The only time Elliot has ever ended up with "the bulk of the starts" was as a result of Halak's injury spell last year. The bulk of the starts these past two weeks? Sure. Otherwise? Not even close. They even finished December with 8 games each, lol. As soon as Halak isn't sick (scratched from the L.A. game as a result, btw), I'm sure he'll be back in there for at least half of St. Louis' games moving forward. I still can't believe I know of someone who took Elliot in a fantasy league.
Halak's lack of durability is not something to be surprised of...I'm more surprised he's just 'sick' at the moment. But hey, I can't hate gives Elliott a chance. Had Elliott since 2011 where he was an early season waiver pick up. Has been huge in the second half of the season for me 2 years in a row. You would believe with these numbers:
49-19-7
1.83 GAA
.928 sv%

Quote:
Tomas Tatar goal....

Now that the WIngs are in our division, I'm starting to wish the people who were constantly saying the Wings prospects/drafting was overatted were right.

Old
01-04-2014, 10:58 PM
Aspirine
Lateral Move at Best

vCash: 50
Hahaha them Leafs. Loving that game. Might watch it a second time.

Old
01-05-2014, 11:47 AM
Smoky Thompson

Was having some fun on behindthenet and it turns out the top 3 players in the league based on Corsi On are all with the LA Kings lol.

And as expected any players whose a Leaf or an Oiler is a - Corsi On player haha.

Closed Thread