HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Del Zotto’s reps want meeting with Rangers GM to talk trade

View Poll Results: Trade Del Zotto?
Yes 130 76.47%
No 40 23.53%
Voters: 170. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-04-2014, 02:33 PM
  #126
Mio41
Ron Harris #3
 
Mio41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 2,432
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspewtin View Post
How many times are you going to post this? It doesn't make John Moore any worse/better than Del Zotto.
The fact is he is overpaid, the difference between the 2 , is not equal to the salary proportions, if you don't agree with my post I could care less, don't respond to it, its my opinion...by the way they are both horrible...

Mio41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2014, 02:35 PM
  #127
SERE 24
LGR
 
SERE 24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 9,779
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mio41 View Post
The fact is he is overpaid, the difference between the 2 , is not equal to the salary proportions, if you don't agree with my post I could care less, don't respond to it, its my opinion
As long as they're both on the team, cost doesn't matter and the one who is better should play. That's DZ. If you're going to move a guy's salary, move it. If you're going to keep the player around, you don't sit him just because he makes more than an inferior player.

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2014, 02:37 PM
  #128
Mio41
Ron Harris #3
 
Mio41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 2,432
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SERE 24 View Post
As long as they're both on the team, cost doesn't matter and the one who is better should play. That's DZ. If you're going to move a guy's salary, move it. If you're going to keep the player around, you don't sit him just because he makes more than an inferior player.
Sitting in the press box its a wasted salary, his only chance to redeem him self is with a change of scenery

Mio41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2014, 03:45 PM
  #129
Mr Atoz*
I hid the Atavachron
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 2,915
vCash: 500
This has Rangers stamped all over it. Take a promising guy whose trade value is at its absolute lowest and watch them:

a) Get nothing for him
b) Trade him and watch him back to haunt you
c) All of the above
d) None of the above - sorry, choice not available


Mr Atoz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2014, 04:37 PM
  #130
eco's bones
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Elmira NY
Country: United States
Posts: 12,271
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SERE 24 View Post
As long as they're both on the team, cost doesn't matter and the one who is better should play. That's DZ. If you're going to move a guy's salary, move it. If you're going to keep the player around, you don't sit him just because he makes more than an inferior player.
I don't agree with this. DZ's making $2.55 mil this year. This summer if the Rangers qualify him he already goes to $2.9. Essentially he's at least a $3 mil per year player after this year and sooner rather than later he'll be a $4 mil per year or more player. If he's bottom pairing or getting scratched all the time that's just wasted cap space. In any case bottom liners--bottom pairing guys should be guys who don't cost you a lot. Moore's cap hit is in line with what he's able to do for the team.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2014, 04:44 PM
  #131
SERE 24
LGR
 
SERE 24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 9,779
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
I don't agree with this. DZ's making $2.55 mil this year. This summer if the Rangers qualify him he already goes to $2.9. Essentially he's at least a $3 mil per year player after this year and sooner rather than later he'll be a $4 mil per year or more player. If he's bottom pairing or getting scratched all the time that's just wasted cap space. In any case bottom liners--bottom pairing guys should be guys who don't cost you a lot. Moore's cap hit is in line with what he's able to do for the team.
What are you talking about? I didn't say keep him. I said, contract be damned, until you move him, he should be playing over the players he's better than. You don't sit him in favor of an inferior player just because you don't like how much he makes. He needs to be moved. But he's better than guys who are playing instead of him right now and that's stupid.

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2014, 04:57 PM
  #132
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,722
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
I don't agree with this. DZ's making $2.55 mil this year. This summer if the Rangers qualify him he already goes to $2.9. Essentially he's at least a $3 mil per year player after this year and sooner rather than later he'll be a $4 mil per year or more player. If he's bottom pairing or getting scratched all the time that's just wasted cap space. In any case bottom liners--bottom pairing guys should be guys who don't cost you a lot. Moore's cap hit is in line with what he's able to do for the team.
Not sure what Del Zotto's contact situation has to do with not playing him when hes one of the top 6 defensemen on the team and he should be show-cased. Truly a weird situation.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2014, 04:58 PM
  #133
eco's bones
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Elmira NY
Country: United States
Posts: 12,271
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SERE 24 View Post
What are you talking about? I didn't say keep him. I said, contract be damned, until you move him, he should be playing over the players he's better than. You don't sit him in favor of an inferior player just because you don't like how much he makes. He needs to be moved. But he's better than guys who are playing instead of him right now and that's stupid.
He isn't any better than Moore. They're about even--one is cheaper than the other and is a lot less likely to move--so you don't play him? You play the guy you're going to move instead? DZ's better than Falk on the left side--not on the right.

Playing him isn't necessarily going to get his value up either. It might just as well lessen it.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2014, 04:59 PM
  #134
eco's bones
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Elmira NY
Country: United States
Posts: 12,271
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Not sure what Del Zotto's contact situation has to do with not playing him when hes one of the top 6 defensemen on the team and he should be show-cased. Truly a weird situation.
Obviously AV doesn't agree with you that he's one of our top 6 defensemen.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2014, 05:00 PM
  #135
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,722
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Obviously AV doesn't agree with you that he's one of our top 6 defensemen.
Well then hes an idiot. Theres no way Connor Allen and Justin Falk are better players right now. And I dont even think John Moore is a better player right now.

I dont think hes an idiot. I think its more than meets the eye here. Maybe he just doesnt like Del Zotto - I dont know. But him being outside the top 6 as a player would be a joke of an argument.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2014, 05:03 PM
  #136
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...
 
Gardner McKay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Abingdon, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,627
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni View Post
At this point, AV has made it clear that he doesn't see DZ in the future plans.

Trade.
AV has also made it clear that he is creating another goalie controversy. Frankly, AV is really starting to piss me off.

__________________
"Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from any direction."
Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2014, 05:05 PM
  #137
eco's bones
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Elmira NY
Country: United States
Posts: 12,271
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Well then hes an idiot. Theres no way Connor Allen and Justin Falk are better players right now. And I dont even think John Moore is a better player right now.

I dont think hes an idiot. I think its more than meets the eye here. Maybe he just doesnt like Del Zotto - I dont know. But him being outside the top 6 as a player would be a joke of an argument.
Whether AV is an idiot is debatable I suppose. If you're looking for my opinion--once you get past McDonagh, Girardi and Stralman they all kind of suck. I'm sorry to say that about Staal--I think it's the injuries and I hope he gets back to form. Allen looks somewhat promising so I can see going with him. DZ, Moore, Falk--it's pot luck.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2014, 05:08 PM
  #138
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,722
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Whether AV is an idiot is debatable I suppose. If you're looking for my opinion--once you get past McDonagh, Girardi and Stralman they all kind of suck. I'm sorry to say that about Staal--I think it's the injuries and I hope he gets back to form. Allen looks somewhat promising so I can see going with him. DZ, Moore, Falk--it's pot luck.
You look at the how the organization values Del Zotto vs. how he is being deployed and theres a real disconnect there.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2014, 05:14 PM
  #139
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,487
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
You look at the how the organization values Del Zotto vs. how he is being deployed and theres a real disconnect there.
"We want a top 4 defenseman for Del Zotto!"

Proceed to scratch Del Zotto is favor of John Moore and Justin Falk.


Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2014, 05:19 PM
  #140
eco's bones
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Elmira NY
Country: United States
Posts: 12,271
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
You look at the how the organization values Del Zotto vs. how he is being deployed and theres a real disconnect there.
I never really had a big problem with Torts' shot blocking defense first approach. Oh sure--we didn't score a lot because our pwp sucked and we could never get our big money mercenary top players to do their jobs consistently. Our so-called top $ mercenary best players have a tendency when the going gets tough to go soft. Just wait if the team collapses--as soon as no playoffs is a done deal guys like Nash and Richards will start racking up the points. DZ might not be quite on the same level but IMO he has a similar lack of determination when push comes to shove.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2014, 05:21 PM
  #141
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 29,779
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
You look at the how the organization values Del Zotto vs. how he is being deployed and theres a real disconnect there.
The same was true with Kreider. And Miller. When you lack an organizational philosophy you get these disconnects. Because nothing is pressure tested against anything

__________________
SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2014, 05:22 PM
  #142
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 54,978
vCash: 300
Pat Leonard ‏@PLeonardNYDN 4 Jan
Glen Sather is at Air Canada Centre one day after reports Del Zotto's agents would be here hoping to talk to GM. Wasn't on trip b4 this

__________________

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2014, 05:22 PM
  #143
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,722
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
I never really had a big problem with Torts' shot blocking defense first approach. Oh sure--we didn't score a lot because our pwp sucked and we could never get our big money mercenary top players to do their jobs consistently. Our so-called top $ mercenary best players have a tendency when the going gets tough to go soft. Just wait if the team collapses--as soon as no playoffs is a done deal guys like Nash and Richards will start racking up the points. DZ might not be quite on the same level but IMO he has a similar lack of determination when push comes to shove.
Im not disagreeing with you about Del Zotto. I hope they trade him.

But its still awfully stupid to not play one of your 6 best defensemen. And if he disagrees that MDZ is one of the 6 best, right now, I think we've got even bigger problems

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2014, 05:48 PM
  #144
KreiMeARiver
Have Confidence
 
KreiMeARiver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UES
Posts: 6,504
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
We'd get less for him now than he is worth to keep.

If we're trading D-men, start with Girardi.
Ding ding ding

KreiMeARiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2014, 05:56 PM
  #145
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup
 
GWOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 13,952
vCash: 500
Friedman just said that the meeting never happened but the crew is at the ACC for the game.

Healy said, "Its done between Del Zotto and the rangers. He's not a 40-point defenseman. He's not a 20-min a night guy"

Sather is waiting....waiting...waiting....

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2014, 05:58 PM
  #146
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 18,583
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWOW View Post
Friedman just said that the meeting never happened but the crew is at the ACC for the game.

Healy said, "Its done between Del Zotto and the rangers. He's not a 40-point defenseman. He's not a 20-min a night guy"

Sather is waiting....waiting...waiting....
I don't understand how he can say that when MDZ has already topped 40 points.

BlueshirtBlitz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2014, 06:02 PM
  #147
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,339
vCash: 500
must of been a good talk with DZ playing. get value up ideally

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2014, 06:04 PM
  #148
SA16
Two by two...
 
SA16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 1,909
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
I don't understand how he can say that when MDZ has already topped 40 points.
I suppose the same way Boyle is not a 20 goal scorer.

SA16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2014, 06:10 PM
  #149
haveandare
Registered User
 
haveandare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 5,739
vCash: 500
I feel like I'm taking crazy pills for some of this. No, DZ isn't playing as well as he has in the past, and no, he's not a safe guy to have out there wall the time right now, but he's interchangeable with Falk and Moore? I don't think so. Moore is close to playing the same game when Moore is at his best and DZ is at his worst. DZ skates the puck into the zone better than those guys, he gets shooting chances more than those guys (granted he has awful, awful aim), he's shown that he's capable of passing better than those guys - he's deeply flawed, but he's easily among the 6 best d-men on this roster IMO.

AV has a strong distaste for him for some reason that isn't completely apparent to me. He plays the hell out of some other players who aren't what they once were, but he seemed to never even accept the possibility of playing DZ through his troubles. It's odd to me, because aside from McD, who is a freak and can apparently play almost any type of game well, DZ should be the next best guy to play a quick transition game.

At this point, I think they're going to trade him, and they probably have to mostly because it's already implied that they're trying hard, but, damn, what a waste of an asset this is going to be. DZ is better than he has been, like most players on this team right now. For whatever reason, he's drawn the short straw and just doesn't get the chances other guys do. Considering his history of production and decent defense in the past, I think that's idiotic.

haveandare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2014, 06:11 PM
  #150
Brooklyn Ranger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn, of course
Posts: 7,681
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardner McKay View Post
AV has also made it clear that he is creating another goalie controversy. Frankly, AV is really starting to piss me off.
Given that Lundqvist will retire a Ranger (I don't buy into the theory that Sather will consider trading him before the NMC kicks in), AV is going to lose that game.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:18 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.