HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers @ Leafs: "What the hell just happened?" Edition

Old
01-04-2014, 09:40 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 500
I'm going to credit Pouliot with another goal and Boyle with another assist on my scoresheet.

Rangers Unlimited
Hockey Graphs
Brian Boyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2014, 09:40 PM
trilobyte

Maybe I am dwelling on it a bit too much, but like somebody posted earlier, it's not Phaneuf's fighting ability that I am worried about, it is what he can do with his hitting when he gets to range around the ice with impunity.
Kreider seems to understand that kind of thing. I am really happy with his willingness to stand up for himself too. I would have hated to see him hurt a hand or something if that would have gone to gloves off.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2014, 09:41 PM
Wolfy*
The Hobbit Rules!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cake or Death View Post
The box score has him leading all forwards in ice time by a minute. Might've just looked that way because forward ice team was really evenly distributed 13-17 minutes for all forwards.
You're right, 17:10. But Zucc was invisible to me, guess it's because he didn't add any points on the seven goals.

Wolfy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2014, 09:42 PM
McD27

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
Ive been waiting for Dom to show up. He's more that what he's shown so far..
Happy to see..he's been thru a lot the last couple of years with his wife..he's a good player

McD27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2014, 09:42 PM
fredrikstad

Quote:
Originally Posted by surGeon View Post
Only 3 players on the rangers without a point tonight. Zuccarello, Nash and Stralman.

Good game!
Maybe it's because Norwegian's never learns? Someone called a hat trick for him tonight. Jiiiinxs.

fredrikstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2014, 09:46 PM
fredrikstad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
Zucc didn't play much tonight, I wonder why...
He played 17:10 TOI, most of the forwards

fredrikstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2014, 09:48 PM
Raspewtin
Early To The Party

vCash: 470
What in the world did I miss tonight?

01-04-2014, 09:53 PM
McD27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspewtin View Post
7 goals, Kreids fight and another solid game in goal by the kid

McD27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2014, 09:54 PM
ajdj10

Quote:
You missed us sucking balls again.
We didn't score 10

ajdj10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
E-Train

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Personally that's not even a fight. It was a wrestling match. No punches of any consequence landed--maybe Phaneuf landed a noogie on Kreider's bicep. Big ****ing deal. I like that Kreider dropped the gloves though. He doesn't know what the **** he's doing but the only way he gets hurt in a fight with a guy the likes of Phaneuf is if he falls on the back of his head.

Phaneuf is no tough guy. He can be a big hitter. He's like a slightly larger version of ****ing Orpik--they look for the big splash hit where they catch someone unawares--like Phaneuf did to Sauer. Fight someone that's the real deal--**** no--that ain't going to happen. They'll head for the bench--or one of their teammates will head off the payback or they'll turtle. That's Orpik's MO and that's Phaneuf's MO.
Absolutely. Phaneuf is the type Kreider can drop the gloves with, no harm wrestling match. If he scraps a few times a season he'll only get better. Learn to throw some uppercuts under the visor and guys like Phaneuf and Orpik will crumble.

E-Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Machinehead
Purple Hayes

Quote:

If that ever summed anything up, it's this game.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2014, 09:55 PM
Ragnarok14

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers723 View Post
Nash looks confused and afraid to get hit. Also he needs to stop trying to get by 3 guys on his own. I understand we need him to score but i dont know how many times the opposing team sends 3 guys after him which leaves kreider/stepann wide open and nash doesnt pass the puck
I've got mixed feelings about Nash right now... He's clearly not healthy, and is not the Nash we saw last year. I think he rushed himself back into the lineup because he wanted to help the team. He knows he is the go to guy, and we were struggling big time to score.
Dagoon44 cited his source as saying Nash would be out for a good long while and people in the organization were worried . Then all of a sudden he is skating and "feeling better", and boom he's back.
After a concussion is diagnosed, it is entirely up to the player to rehab when he is able, and as symptoms subside . I feel that Nash pushed himself to come back too early, even though he was still experiencing symptoms.
It would explain A Lot. His hesitance to initiate or take hits, his strange skating stride, his lack of concentration...
He didn't just forget how to play Hockey! Seriously, the guy is a stud and has been healthy as a bull his whole career until his tenure in NY. 2 concussions in a short time. He's not a bag of glass like Gaborik, and will be fine after he gets right. He is on a team that has serious potential, for the first time in his career and probably has put immense pressure on himself to perform. I give the guy a pass, and thank our lucky stars that Kreider and Zuc have broken out, and keeping us afloat.
A healthy Nash, and a dialed in Stepan would make this team what they are supposed to be...
Now as for Henrik...

Ragnarok14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2014, 09:56 PM
EpicDing
The Fellowship

Got home from work and looked at the score. I had to pinch myself. What even is this.

EpicDing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2014, 09:56 PM
eco's bones

A couple comments from those over at hockey fights.com on the Kreider-Phaneuf tussle.

From 'Humper':

three-fifths of a perfect date:

-some dancing
-lots of hugging
-both wind up prone with one on top of the other

all that was missing was a few drinks and a goodnight kiss

From 'The Bud life':

These two should get a room.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2014, 10:01 PM
JCrusher*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnarok14 View Post
I've got mixed feelings about Nash right now... He's clearly not healthy, and is not the Nash we saw last year. I think he rushed himself back into the lineup because he wanted to help the team. He knows he is the go to guy, and we were struggling big time to score.
Dagoon44 cited his source as saying Nash would be out for a good long while and people in the organization were worried . Then all of a sudden he is skating and "feeling better", and boom he's back.
After a concussion is diagnosed, it is entirely up to the player to rehab when he is able, and as symptoms subside . I feel that Nash pushed himself to come back too early, even though he was still experiencing symptoms.
It would explain A Lot. His hesitance to initiate or take hits, his strange skating stride, his lack of concentration...
He didn't just forget how to play Hockey! Seriously, the guy is a stud and has been healthy as a bull his whole career until his tenure in NY. 2 concussions in a short time. He's not a bag of glass like Gaborik, and will be fine after he gets right. He is on a team that has serious potential, for the first time in his career and probably has put immense pressure on himself to perform. I give the guy a pass, and thank our lucky stars that Kreider and Zuc have broken out, and keeping us afloat.
A healthy Nash, and a dialed in Stepan would make this team what they are supposed to be...
Now as for Henrik...
You may be right. I still think nahs can be effective even when he isnt scoring. Teams will always try and double team him so i still dont know why he refuses to pass when they converge on him which leaves kreider flying to the net

JCrusher* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2014, 10:13 PM
bmoak

Quote:
Originally Posted by McD27 View Post
Wasn't Nash playing pretty decent before the first concussion?
Yes. While no one would ever confuse him with Lucic, he's played a lot more physical in the past than he is now. He averaged 100 hits per season in Columbus. I think concussion worries/issues have caused him to shy away from physical play, but I also wonder if recovering from the concussions prevented him from fully training/working out in the offseason and while he was injured. Nash, while not superfast, has a powerful stride, which allowed him to go outside/inside on defensmen and pull those highlight reel moves. He was also very strong on the puck down low, and hard to defend against. I remember him basically playing keep away in the corners against the Rangers. People thought he would be a better fit for the Torts system than Gaborik because he was so good down low and along the wall in Columbus. I'm not seeing that this season. It's like Richards last year when he didn't work out and lost his legs and core strength.

bmoak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2014, 10:15 PM
Ragnarok14

Quote:
You may be right. I still think nahs can be effective even when he isnt scoring. Teams will always try and double team him so i still dont know why he refuses to pass when they converge on him which leaves kreider flying to the net
It's not that he is refusing to pass necessarily . He is just just not seeing the game particularly well, and has never been a great passer. I truly believe that he gets a snub from team Canada and it will be the best thing for NYR and him personally. Not only will it give him some fire but some rest he sorely needs. Mark my words, we will get the real Nash back after the O break one way or another!
Either through motivation and rest. Or by him playing on a team where he is not even a go to guy and has very little pressure compared to NYR.

Old
01-04-2014, 10:16 PM
JCrusher*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoak View Post
Yes. While no one would ever confuse him with Lucic, he's played a lot more physical in the past than he is now. He averaged 100 hits per season in Columbus. I think concussion worries/issues have caused him to shy away from physical play, but I also wonder if recovering from the concussions prevented him from fully training/working out in the offseason and while he was injured. Nash, while not superfast, has a powerful stride, which allowed him to go outside/inside on defensmen and pull those highlight reel moves. He was also very strong on the puck down low, and hard to defend against. I remember him basically playing keep away in the corners against the Rangers. People thought he would be a better fit for the Torts system than Gaborik because he was so good down low and along the wall in Columbus. I'm not seeing that this season. It's like Richards last year when he didn't work out and lost his legs and core strength.

Its sad to see because Nash score 30-40 goals every year on a awful team hsi whole career. i thought coming to new york would make him even better. maybe its just our bad luck with players. guys like lindros and drury come to mind

Old
01-04-2014, 10:20 PM
Ragnarok14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoak View Post
Very good points. I don't think he came into camp all that ready after rehabbing that first concussion. I know as NYR fans we are used to guys coming in and mailing it in, and almost expect that at this point! Nash is not doing that though. He's still dazed. He has only a handful of hits and is not possessing the puck like we expect.

Old
01-04-2014, 10:24 PM
Ragnarok14

Quote:
Its sad to see because Nash score 30-40 goals every year on a awful team hsi whole career. i thought coming to new york would make him even better. maybe its just our bad luck with players. guys like lindros and drury come to mind
Not to play official Nash Apologist or anything, but I think he's a far cry from Lindros' or Drury's situation. Lindros was a vegetable by the time he got here, and Drury was put in a crazy situation by Sather paying him superstar money he could never hope to live up to.
Nash will be fine and after a full offseason will be back to scoring 30-40 goals on hopefully not an awful team lol!

Old
01-04-2014, 10:28 PM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

My reaction after the Pittsburgh game:

My reaction after this game:

I don't think I can recall a more bipolar back-to-back.

ImIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2014, 10:39 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

That was...some sort of back to back. Guess they all forgot to fly to Pitt before flying into Toronto.

New sig.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2014, 10:44 PM
JCrusher*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnarok14 View Post
Not to play official Nash Apologist or anything, but I think he's a far cry from Lindros' or Drury's situation. Lindros was a vegetable by the time he got here, and Drury was put in a crazy situation by Sather paying him superstar money he could never hope to live up to.
Nash will be fine and after a full offseason will be back to scoring 30-40 goals on hopefully not an awful team lol!
i hope so but its tough to see right now

Old
01-04-2014, 10:52 PM
Wolfy*
The Hobbit Rules!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
A couple comments from those over at hockey fights.com on the Kreider-Phaneuf tussle.

From 'Humper':

three-fifths of a perfect date:

-some dancing
-lots of hugging
-both wind up prone with one on top of the other

all that was missing was a few drinks and a goodnight kiss

From 'The Bud life':

These two should get a room.

No credits there for wrestling. Unless it's a real bareknuckle fight, it's always crap.

Wolfy* is offline   Reply With Quote