HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Proposal Thread v5

Closed Thread

Old
01-04-2014, 09:27 AM
LePoche69

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Sorry to break it to you, but yeah, Diaz has performed at a top 4d level this year. At the very least, he's been the 4th best D on this team, handily outplaying Emelin, Murray, Bouillon and the rookies. In my opinion, he's what I'd call a 4.5 D. Fine as your 4th, but a luxury on your bottom pair.

And yup, he's a ufa. Doesn't mean we wouldn't be losing a D, though, right? Even if only for just this season. It's always possible Diaz is asking for way too much money, though, and Bergevin wants to get value for him before he lets him walk.

Not really sure what your last sentence means, sorry.
That's the problem with Diaz, I would say. He's barely good enough to be a top 4, and he's miscasted as a #5-#6 given the actual Habs' D makeup.

Old
01-04-2014, 10:05 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
Konopka taken by Sabres (from waivers).
#$%^&*#$$%@#.

Scott and Konopka
VS
Bruins

Scott and Konopka
VS
Leaves

(I guess the bottom teams get first dibs on waived players...?? would have been great if Habs could add Konopka to help Parros rest more).

Prust/Moen - Konopka - White
(vs thug/criminal/thug teams like the Bruins and Leaves)
Konopka is a terrible fighter. He got beat up by Prust, he can't win against any of the Bruins or Leafs fighters.

Old
01-04-2014, 10:20 AM
Kobe Armstrong

vCash: 50
I think Briere is gone as by the end of the week

Old
01-04-2014, 10:33 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe Armstrong View Post
I think Briere is gone as by the end of the week
I like the way you are thinking...

Old
01-04-2014, 05:17 PM
crazyd
Canada is hockey

Here's one for ya....2 roster moves

To Colorado:
Moen (1.85)
Leblanc

To Montreal:
Talbot (1.75)
3rd round pick

We play:
Bourque - Pleks - Gionta
Galchy - Eller - Gally
Pacioretty - DD - Talbot
Prust - White - Bournival

Talbot will make sure that DD and Pacioretty will be always be on their A game.

Then we sign Vanek:

Vanek - Pleks - Bourque
Galchy - Eller - Gally
Pacioretty - DD - Talbot
Prust - White - Bournival

Old
01-04-2014, 07:14 PM
vokiel
#FireBergerrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyd View Post
Here's one for ya....2 roster moves

To Colorado:
Moen (1.85)
Leblanc

To Montreal:
Talbot (1.75)
3rd round pick
Talbot for Downie then for Moen + a top 10 prospect. No thanks, seriously habs aren't a country club. I'd rather keep Moen & Leblanc. I wouldn't even do Moen for Talbot 1 for 1.

Old
01-04-2014, 07:28 PM
RealityBytes
Trash Remover

Are there any real trades rumoured?

Old
01-04-2014, 09:06 PM
sampollock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditchweed View Post
Are there any real trades rumoured?
Nope.

Old
01-04-2014, 09:32 PM
Jrham15

vCash: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by sampollock View Post
Nope.
Well ****...

Old
01-04-2014, 10:09 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 1093
This team is horrid to watch a lot of the time and has glaring holes that are easily identifiable by everyone and their dog. Obviously Bergevin is trying to fill them, it's just hard to make deals right now with everyone against the cap and so many teams in the hunt.

It's too bad because they really suck and their record is a lot better than it should be.

Old
01-04-2014, 10:13 PM
BigDaddyLurch
#Habs-R-FUBAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
This team is horrid to watch a lot of the time and has glaring holes that are easily identifiable by everyone and their dog. Obviously Bergevin is trying to fill them, it's just hard to make deals right now with everyone against the cap and so many teams in the hunt.

It's too bad because they really suck and their record is a lot better than it should be.
...we need a Top 4 defensive-minded RHD and a Top 6 RW with some size & grit to go with good hands down low...Bergevin needs to find a way to get it without giving up too much of our future...

Old
01-04-2014, 10:17 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 1093
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyLurch View Post
...we need a Top 4 defensive-minded RHD and a Top 6 RW with some size & grit to go with good hands down low...Bergevin needs to find a way to get it without giving up too much of our future...
Won't happen till the off season unfortunately unless they try Pateryn on the right side and trade for Vanek. Best I can envision.

Old
01-04-2014, 11:38 PM
axman88

Would love to get Ott, Moulson and Myers without giving Briere....as much as he is being misused I would keep him and play him with Pleks and Gionta...they seem to have good chemistry....MT put him on that line a while ago and they were clicking but for some dumb reason he kept bumping him to the 4th line for Moen.

What about...

Bourque, Diaz, White, Beaulieu and a 1st

for

Myers, Ott and Moulson + retains part or rest of Moulson's salary

giving up a 1st (but if Moulson doesn't resign then it becomes a 2nd), Bourque, Diaz and Beaulieu for Myers (who I think went down in production because he's looked at as 1-2 d-man but in reality should fit nicely in a second d-pairing) and Moulson.......and then White for Ott.

gives you...

Gionta - Plekanec - Briere
Moulson - Desharnais - Paciorretti
Galchenyuk - Eller - Gallagher
Moen - Ott - Prust

Markov - Subban
Myers - Emelin
Gorges - Murray/Bouillon/Tinordi/Pateryn

Old
01-04-2014, 11:52 PM
PricerStopDaPuck
#PrayForBozon

Quote:
Originally Posted by axman88 View Post
Would love to get Ott, Moulson and Myers without giving Briere....as much as he is being misused I would keep him and play him with Pleks and Gionta...they seem to have good chemistry....MT put him on that line a while ago and they were clicking but for some dumb reason he kept bumping him to the 4th line for Moen.

What about...

Bourque, Diaz, White, Beaulieu and a 1st

for

Myers, Ott and Moulson + retains part or rest of Moulson's salary

giving up a 1st (but if Moulson doesn't resign then it becomes a 2nd), Bourque, Diaz and Beaulieu for Myers (who I think went down in production because he's looked at as 1-2 d-man but in reality should fit nicely in a second d-pairing) and Moulson.......and then White for Ott.

gives you...

Gionta - Plekanec - Briere
Moulson - Desharnais - Paciorretti
Galchenyuk - Eller - Gallagher
Moen - Ott - Prust

Markov - Subban
Myers - Emelin
Gorges - Murray/Bouillon/Tinordi/Pateryn
That's aweful for the Sabres like really really really bad!

Old
01-05-2014, 06:25 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Konopka is a terrible fighter. He got beat up by Prust, he can't win against any of the Bruins or Leafs fighters.

No problem...as long as our small players don't have to get beaten up for winning a game...I don't care if a ''fighter'' wins or loses.
To me it's all about pushing the attention away from the small palyers, star players, skilled players,etc.

Konopka, Parros, Murray...>>>>>> fax machine/useless Laraque

Cheers!

Old
01-05-2014, 08:22 AM
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
No problem...as long as our small players don't have to get beaten up for winning a game...I don't care if a ''fighter'' wins or loses.
To me it's all about pushing the attention away from the small palyers, star players, skilled players,etc.

Konopka, Parros, Murray...>>>>>> fax machine/useless Laraque

Cheers!
Laraque was 10x more effective than any of the goons we had since... he actually didn't have to fight to intimidate the opponents and shut them up... Lucic, Neil, even other fighters were **** scared of him...

But for fans of boxing or UFC who prefer fights over hockey, they seem to actually prefer useless hockey players like Konopka who's playing with his 6th team in his 8th year in the NHL...

I can't wait for the moment that they'll ban fights and we'll move on from these useless players, including Laraque.

Old
01-05-2014, 09:36 AM
firewagon77*

Bergevin grow a spine and trade Markov he is leaving as a UFA at the end of the season,don't live in a fantasy world and believe you are a top stanley cup contender....your not,if 36 year old Mark Streit can get a 4 year contract you know Markov who just turned 35 is not taking less than 4 years...period.

Old
01-05-2014, 09:38 AM
Stan

Laraque was the most useless player the Habs have had in the time I've watched them. I don't make this comment lightly. The worst.

Old
01-05-2014, 09:38 AM
Analyzer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Yeah, Kenopka sucks.

Old
01-05-2014, 11:52 AM
Doc McKenna

Laraque was as bad as it gets. He wasn't intimidating anyone but lucic because anyone can out skate george. He was solid in edmonton but our team was a long long way from back then. Love how we always get these french players at the tail end of their carriers. I am hoping vinny comes to us when he 41 and putting up 30 points a year, some will still be happy at that point

Why can't we get current and decent french players(with some size please! say 6') and I say this as a small(5'4") french canadian.

Old
01-05-2014, 12:00 PM
Smokey Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc McKenna View Post
Laraque was as bad as it gets. He wasn't intimidating anyone but lucic because anyone can out skate george. He was solid in edmonton but our team was a long long way from back then. Love how we always get these french players at the tail end of their carriers. I am hoping vinny comes to us when he 41 and putting up 30 points a year, some will still be happy at that point

Why can't we get current and decent french players(with some size please! say 6') and I say this as a small(5'4") french canadian.
There just aren't that many anymore. Quebec has been doing a terrible job of developing its youth. So many more kids are playing soccer nowadays. And the ones that are playing hockey and are really good at it would rather stay in the city and go to school than go to Rimouski or Rouin-Noranda to play hockey. A lot of talented kids have also been playing for private schools, then CEGEP, then University instead of going the traditional QMJHL route.

Old
01-05-2014, 12:22 PM
Habsterix*

We know that the Habs have been scouting the Avalanche for most of the season as it has been reported by several mainstream media sources. If there is any truth to the rumours that Bergevin is trying to unload some contracts such as Bourque, I wouldn't be surprised if he had a deal in principle with Colorado for Ryan O'Reilly, which would free up money for them to re-sign Paul Stastny. No source here, just speculations on my part.

Old
01-05-2014, 12:26 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
We know that the Habs have been scouting the Avalanche for most of the season as it has been reported by several mainstream media sources. If there is any truth to the rumours that Bergevin is trying to unload some contracts such as Bourque, I wouldn't be surprised if he had a deal in principle with Colorado for Ryan O'Reilly, which would free up money for them to re-sign Paul Stastny. No source here, just speculations on my part.
ROR can be traded in Feb I believe, you could be on to something....

Old
01-05-2014, 12:34 PM
vokiel
#FireBergerrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
Well how can you speculate that Colorado would take Bourque for O'Reilly? That just makes no sense unless we pay through the nose with high quality prospects to level the trade which I'm against and you'll find plenty of people against.

If there's anything there and we must speculate It has more chances to be something like Patches + DD for O'Reilly + whatever.

Old
01-05-2014, 12:38 PM
Habsterix*

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
Well how can you speculate that Colorado would take Bourque for O'Reilly? That just makes no sense unless we pay through the nose with high quality prospects to level the trade which I'm against and you'll find plenty of people against.

If there's anything there and we must speculate It has more chances to be something like Patches + DD for O'Reilly + whatever.
You should re-read. Nowhere did I suggest Bourque for O'Reilly. I'm talking about separate deals here, where Bergevin unloads Bourque somewhere to free up cap space, THEN trade for ROR. I'm not quite as stupid as some people here want to believe I am.

Closed Thread