HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): DeSean Released

Closed Thread

Old
01-04-2014, 11:28 PM
flyershockey

vCash: 500
Loss sucks, but this is a team on the up and up. Just didn't make enough plays on offense tonight.

Old
01-04-2014, 11:28 PM
El Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYguy3911 View Post
No the Eagles defense cost them that game. Game on the line and the Saints ran it right down their throats. All night. QB sneak got 3 yards a pop tonight. Was their even a TFL? Anyone saying this team needs anything other than someone in the front 7 is out of their mind.
The defense held the Saints to 6 pts in the 1st half. Yeah, the last drive sucked, but this game shouldn't have been that close to begin with.

Old
01-04-2014, 11:29 PM
FLYguy3911

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Emperor View Post
As soon as I heard all the talk about the cold and the Saints not playing well on the road, I knew this would be the outcome. Yeah, unexpected outcome on the Eagles season, but this game... seen this outcome too many times before. At least Reid lost in classic Reid fashion today.
I hate when the media shoves that **** down your throat. Like no guys on that team are from the north.

All I heard was teams who win the turnover battle win 90% of playoff games too. KC +3 and Eagles +2, both lost.

Old
01-04-2014, 11:29 PM
Sniped
Snowballs at Santa

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiggityGiggityGoo View Post
Alex Henery cannot come back next year. His career long is 51. He cost the Eags this game. And he never kicks touchbacks. Teams always have great field position.
I agree, and I wouldn't trust him to make a game-winning kick. Terrible. I ****in hate kickers.

Old
01-04-2014, 11:35 PM
FlyersFan61290

My reaction during the final minutes of the game:

Old
El Emperor

At least the Flyers won.

Old
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 930
Great season. Team did nothing but overachieve and open eyes. I hope they sure up the safeties a bit in the offseason and get Henery the hell off this team.

I have to pat myself on the back because I predicted the Eagles would either go 6-10 or win the division

Hockey season is full on!

Old
01-04-2014, 11:36 PM
The Couturier Effect

I can't blame Henry for being put into a tough position after Foles took an awful sack.

Anyway, extremely proud of this team. Sucks to lose such a close game, but the future is bright. They definitely exceeded my expectations.

Old
01-04-2014, 11:38 PM
GiggityGiggityGoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan8828 View Post
I can't blame Henry for being put into a tough position after Foles took an awful sack.

Anyway, extremely proud of this team. Sucks to lose such a close game, but the future is bright. They definitely exceeded my expectations.
Tough position? It was a 47 yarder. I think a kicker should make that kick in their home stadium. He's a limp legged ****.

Old
01-04-2014, 11:42 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Now watch 94.1 and 97.5 NEVER STOP talking about the Eagles, even if the Flyers win the Cup. ****ing hate Philly media...

Old
01-04-2014, 11:44 PM
Phileeguy
Thanks, Jimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Now watch 94.1 and 97.5 NEVER STOP talking about the Eagles, even if the Flyers win the Cup. ****ing hate Philly media...
No, no, no. They'll talk about the Eagles for another month or so, and then the Phillies play! And once they start sucking (which probably will be quick looking at that squad), they'll switch to talking about... the NFL Draft!

Old
01-04-2014, 11:44 PM
Sniped
Snowballs at Santa

How can people defend Henery. Sure, hindsight is 20/20 but not only did he miss the 47 yd field goal, but this whole year he wasnt able to get very many touchbacks at all.

Watching kickers like Matt Prater and such kick tons of touch backs. Get him out of here.

Old
01-04-2014, 11:45 PM
FLYguy3911

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Emperor View Post
The defense held the Saints to 6 pts in the 1st half. Yeah, the last drive sucked, but this game shouldn't have been that close to begin with.
They had more to do with the outcome of the game than Alex Henery. The Saints ran at will. To know something is coming and not be able to at least contain it. It can't happen. You can't win like that.

Now if they pitched it all over the yard, that would be a different story. You expect that from the Saints, but they ran it down your throat.

Now, I'm getting a little caught up in the emotion of the game blaming the defense, the offense didn't help them in the first half. It's just frustrating to go down like that.

Last edited by FLYguy3911: 01-05-2014 at 12:03 AM.
Old
01-04-2014, 11:50 PM
flyersfan02

Send a message via AIM to flyersfan02 Send a message via Yahoo to flyersfan02
Sure..Foles sack didn't help..but Henery gotta make that kick. Saints kicker was able to make his 40+ yarder. No excuse. However, there were many times during season that he misses crucial FG. Sometimes it boils down to FG.

Old
01-04-2014, 11:59 PM
Mr Black
Flyers-76ers-Eagles

vCash: 50
There were bad plays and missed opportunities in all three phases of the game. Total team loss.

Old
01-05-2014, 12:01 AM
AaronTrieu

I don't ever care about the missed fg today. He gives the opposing teams great position since he can't kick the ball out. It's so basic and every other kicker can do it. Even grandpa Akers still has a leg.

Old
01-05-2014, 12:04 AM
FLYguy3911

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronTrieu View Post
I don't ever care about the missed fg today. He gives the opposing teams great position since he can't kick the ball out. It's so basic and every other kicker can do it. Even grandpa Akers still has a leg.
Akers doesn't kick off anymore.

Old
01-05-2014, 12:56 AM
FLYguy3911

Well moving into next season, they need to get stronger in the front 7. Number 1, they need an edge rusher (or 2). Cole is running on fumes. Barwin is solid, but he's asked to wear a lot of different hats. Graham won't be more than a situational guy if that. And then there's no one after that. They need a goto guy that can can collapse a pocket, draw attention, and win 1-on-1 matchups. You need to get home without relying on the blitz all the time.

They need to add depth up front as well. This team played the most defensive snaps of any team in over a decade. It will be like that as long as Chip is here. You need quality depth up front to have a quality defense under those circumstances. The starters are nice players. Thornton played really well this year. I thought he would be a better pass rusher, but he was a rock against the run for the most part. Fletcher Cox didn't have quite the impact I though he would. New system, new technique, but he just didn't create enough penetration for my liking this season after what was a promising rookie year. Logan looks like a nice player. Behind them, there isn't much. Damion Square was playing the nose at 290. He's an unspectacular, but versatile player, who may have a future with the team, but he can't anchor a second unit. Geathers is a huge guy, but again not much of an impact. Curry shows flashes as a pass rusher, both inside and out, but he's not a guy you throw out on an every down basis as a 5-tech.

ILBs are fine. Kendricks needs to become a better tackler to take his game to the next level. Is that something you can get better at? I'm not sure, but he has a lot of tools, but tackling really holds him back. Ryans has limited range, but he's the leader of the defense and a good tackler. Not saying ILB isn't an important position, but it's one of the easier positions to replace because so much is dependent on the guys in font of them.

CB could use some help, but Fletcher, Williams, and Boykin played pretty well this year for the most part. And that was without a pass rush. They were left on an island quite a bit and did a decent job.

Safety position needs help. Chung is a liability in coverage. Allen played pretty good for 3/4 of a season, but could easily be replaced. Wolff is promising. Coleman is replaceable. Anderson is a ST guy. Ideally you want a guy that can cover a slot receiver in a pinch and not get toasted. Where they find that guy, I'm not sure.

On offense: QB is set. Maybe a project QB is taken in the draft, but Foles is the guy. RB is set. Ertz is promising. Celek is here for his blocking, he could be replaced, but I don't think Ertz would be taking his role next year. OLine is solid. Need Johnson to take that next step. Probably need to add a depth piece. Need another weapon on offense. Avant is a nice vet, but he is no threat out there. Cooper and Maclin are FAs. DeSean can't be relied on as a #1. Maclin could potentially be that, but I'm not sure if he could be a full-time slot guy if Cooper is brought back.

All in all the team took some nice strides. Chip took a 4-12 team and without much turnover took them to the playoffs. I'm sure he learned a lot this year and hopefully when he gets more of his type of guys in the fold, things will start to take off. It's exciting to be hopeful, but the loss still stings. Next year they have to take the next step. It starts in April (well May this year).

Last edited by FLYguy3911: 01-05-2014 at 01:01 AM.
Old
01-05-2014, 01:10 AM
Mr Black
Flyers-76ers-Eagles

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYguy3911 View Post
All in all the team took some nice strides. Chip took a 4-12 team and without much turnover took them to the playoffs. I'm sure he learned a lot this year and hopefully when he gets more of his type of guys in the fold, things will start to take off. It's exciting to be hopeful, but the loss still stings. Next year they have to take the next step. It starts in April (well May this year).
Good salary cap reference: http://overthecap.com/calculator/?Team=Eagles

Talking about the players making above the min salary I would

Release: Casey, Vick, Allen, Coleman, Smith, Benn

Resign: Maclin, Cooper, Thornton, Jones

Address in Draft/FA: mostly everywhere on defense. CB, S, OLB, DL depth, WR, get a veteran backup QB, kicker (?)

Old
01-05-2014, 01:21 AM
4thline4life
The Mased God

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRxBLACK View Post

Address in Draft/FA: mostly everywhere on defense. CB, S, OLB, DL depth, WR, get a veteran backup QB, kicker (?)
Definitely kicker. Not having one that can get us a touchback even, not even talking about field goals, really hurt us this year and especially tonight. If we have a kicker with a decent leg no one is talking about the return and horse collar. Henery has to go and I'll be pretty upset if he's still on the team.

Old
01-05-2014, 01:26 AM
Mr Black
Flyers-76ers-Eagles

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIceman26 View Post
Definitely kicker. Not having one that can get us a touchback even, not even talking about field goals, really hurt us this year and especially tonight. If we have a kicker with a decent leg no one is talking about the return and horse collar. Henery has to go and I'll be pretty upset if he's still on the team.
The Eagles 2011 Draft Class, the gift that keeps on giving.

Old
01-05-2014, 02:04 AM
mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRxBLACK View Post

I agree with all of those positions to be upgraded. I think Maclin could walk, though.

Last edited by mercury: 01-05-2014 at 02:50 AM.
Old
01-05-2014, 08:45 AM
RussianRocket10

How many picks do we have in the draft? Use them all on defense.

Old
01-05-2014, 09:09 AM
Legion of Gloom
.....Flyer Sale

vCash: 5831
I thought Cooper was an impact player for us and glad the Eagles did not dump him as a lot of fans wanted for his dumb comments

Old
01-05-2014, 09:25 AM
bennysflyers16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion of Goon View Post
I thought Cooper was an impact player for us and glad the Eagles did not dump him as a lot of fans wanted for his dumb comments
Jackson ,Maclin and Cooper could be a pretty good receiving core next year.

Closed Thread