HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flyers at the deadline

Old
01-05-2014, 07:43 AM
Flyersfan1616

vCash: 500
Flyers at the deadline

Interested to see what you guys think the flyers will do at the trade deadline this year or what you would like them to do.. Wondering what you guys think of Steve Ott??

FORWARDS
Brayden Schenn ($0.870m) / Claude Giroux ($3.750m) / Jakub Voracek ($4.250m)
Scott Hartnell ($4.750m) / Vincent Lecavalier ($4.500m) / Wayne Simmonds ($3.975m)
Steve Ott ($2.950m) / Sean Couturier ($0.925m) / Steve Downie ($2.650m)
Michael Raffl ($0.793m) / Adam Hall ($0.600m) / Matt Read ($0.900m)
DEFENSEMEN
Kimmo Timonen ($6.000m) / Braydon Coburn ($4.500m)
Mark Streit ($5.250m) / Nicklas Grossmann ($3.500m)
Luke Schenn ($3.600m) / Andrej Meszaros ($4.000m)
Hal Gill ($0.700m) / Erik Gustafsson ($1.000m)
GOALTENDERS
Steve Mason ($1.500m)
Ray Emery ($1.650m)
BUYOUTS
Daniel Briere ($0.000m)
Oskars Bartulis ($0.100m)
Ilya Bryzgalov ($0.000m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(estimations for 2013-14 crunched using simulation date of 2014-01-05)
SALARY CAP: $64,117,073; BONUSES: $2,822,500
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $1,404,573

Not sure what it would cost for Ott. Probably a lot more then I would give up.
Also if NJ slips down in the standings any interest in Jagr ?? I know its a long season for him and either salary would go the other way or they retain some??

Flyersfan1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2014, 08:53 AM
RinaldoZac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyersfan1616 View Post
Interested to see what you guys think the flyers will do at the trade deadline this year or what you would like them to do.. Wondering what you guys think of Steve Ott??

FORWARDS
Brayden Schenn ($0.870m) / Claude Giroux ($3.750m) / Jakub Voracek ($4.250m)
Scott Hartnell ($4.750m) / Vincent Lecavalier ($4.500m) / Wayne Simmonds ($3.975m)
Steve Ott ($2.950m) / Sean Couturier ($0.925m) / Steve Downie ($2.650m)
Michael Raffl ($0.793m) / Adam Hall ($0.600m) / Matt Read ($0.900m)
DEFENSEMEN
Kimmo Timonen ($6.000m) / Braydon Coburn ($4.500m)
Mark Streit ($5.250m) / Nicklas Grossmann ($3.500m)
Luke Schenn ($3.600m) / Andrej Meszaros ($4.000m)
Hal Gill ($0.700m) / Erik Gustafsson ($1.000m)
GOALTENDERS
Steve Mason ($1.500m)
Ray Emery ($1.650m)
BUYOUTS
Daniel Briere ($0.000m)
Oskars Bartulis ($0.100m)
Ilya Bryzgalov ($0.000m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(estimations for 2013-14 crunched using simulation date of 2014-01-05)
SALARY CAP: $64,117,073; BONUSES: $2,822,500
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $1,404,573

Not sure what it would cost for Ott. Probably a lot more then I would give up.
Also if NJ slips down in the standings any interest in Jagr ?? I know its a long season for him and either salary would go the other way or they retain some??
Where the hell did Rinaldo go?

RinaldoZac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2014, 09:22 AM
Psuhockey

I don't see the Flyers doing anything of significance at the deadline. They currently have 10 top 9 forwards and 8 defensemen so they wont be in the market for depth. The only thing they could want is a clear upgrade in top 4 defensemen or a top line winger; both of which are typically not available except as rentals. So maybe you will see some AHL/prospect movement.

Psuhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2014, 09:36 AM
bennysflyers16

I would trade Downie to a contender if a 1st is on the table.

bennysflyers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2014, 09:39 AM
Prongo
Beer

Ryan O'Reilly is one player I would check in to see about his availability. Management has changed some there, but the fact still stands he was not happy there with them. Has his attitude changed? Possible... never hurts to check in. He would look great on any of our lines and brings us a great defense forward who would play anywhere. Now it's just the case of does the Avalanche want to retain him or not after that fiasco last year.

Bruce Garrioch is his sunday column is saying the Hurricanes are not finished dealing and Rutherford is listening on anybody not named Staal. Skinner and Faulk please.

Last edited by Prongo: 01-05-2014 at 09:44 AM.
Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2014, 09:45 AM
Psuhockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
Ryan O'Reilly is one player I would check in to see about his availability. Management has changed some there, but the fact still stands he was not happy there with them. Has his attitude changed? Possible... never hurts to check in. He would look great on any of our lines and brings us a great defense forward who would play anywhere. Now it's just the case of does the Avalanche want to retain him or not after that fiasco last year.
Like O'Reilly too but doubt Colorado moves him at the deadline. That seems like an offseason move to me with Colorado heading to the playoffs. Also can he play left wing because the Flyers are stacked on the right side with Voracek, Simmonds, and even Lecavalier.

Skinner and Faulk are pipe dreams.

Old
01-05-2014, 09:49 AM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psuhockey View Post
Like O'Reilly too but doubt Colorado moves him at the deadline. That seems like an offseason move to me with Colorado heading to the playoffs. Also can he play left wing because the Flyers are stacked on the right side with Voracek, Simmonds, and even Lecavalier.
I am almost positive he can play all three forward positions.

Also I agree with the off season move, always should check in to see how management feels about him. I wouldn't mind a draft day trade for him. His salary could become a problem though....

I feel if the Flyers don't make it far this year or end up missing the playoffs, we will see some big time changes. Defense retooled, and I think some forwards might be moved to help retool that d. Ryan O'Reilly will help this team out with team defense, which is something I would concentrate hard on in the off season.

And yes, Skinner and Faulk are pipe dreams lol.

Old
01-05-2014, 10:12 AM
Psuhockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
I feel if the Flyers don't make it far this year or end up missing the playoffs, we will see some big time changes. Defense retooled, and I think some forwards might be moved to help retool that d. Ryan O'Reilly will help this team out with team defense, which is something I would concentrate hard on in the off season.
I agree but think the Flyers will make the playoffs and could very well win a round with how bad the metro teams are. Brayden Schenn looks like the odd man out in the offseason IMO. The Flyers were rumored to be willing to move him already and they haven't signed him yet or even rumored to sign him which is something they do early for rfas they like.

I know that line has been hot, but I wonder if keeping Schenn at center instead of putting Lecavalier back there is a little bit of showcasing him. He would have way more trade value as a center than a wing.

Old
01-05-2014, 10:15 AM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
I agree but think the Flyers will make the playoffs and could very well win a round with how bad the metro teams are. Brayden Schenn looks like the odd man out in the offseason IMO. The Flyers were rumored to be willing to move him already and they haven't signed him yet or even rumored to sign him which is something they do early for rfas they like.
Very true, and Bob Mac said they were only willing to move Schenn for a "very good defenseman", of course we would need to add to get a top caliber type player. I actually am a big supporter of Schenn, but if we can get a top pairing dman in here, I wouldn't be hurt by him moving. Actually same goes with Couts, I love him, but if he can get us a top pairing dman I think you have to make a move at some point or another.

Old
01-05-2014, 10:20 AM
FlyersFan61290

No to Ott or any trade really. Flyers don't need depth and I don't foresee a legit player coming this way in any plausible deal at the deadline. Btw no way either Ott or Downie will be in the top 9 while Read is on the 4th.

When fully healthy I would like to see a 4th line of Raffl-Hall-VV. This team needs a quality 4th line that can play decent minutes without hurting the team IMO and the above accomplishes that.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2014, 10:25 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Stop Steve Ott. Holmgren was interested before, and we were fortunate he passed. He is even worse now. If we're rescuing someone from the Sabres, would rather it be Sulzer. Decent player at a low cost. He'll be happy to re-sign for $1M.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2014, 10:25 AM
RJ8812
Hellooooo ladiiiies

Vande-whatever is not an NHL player

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2014, 10:26 AM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:

I know that line has been hot, but I wonder if keeping Schenn at center instead of putting Lecavalier back there is a little bit of showcasing him. He would have way more trade value as a center than a wing.
I wouldn't read too much into the contract talks or lack thereof at this point. At the start of the season Schenn said in an interview that he wanted to wait until the season is over and that's understandable considering he's on pace for ~49 pts. He'll get a significant raise especially compared to just signing a bridge like Couts did. Also as far as him being available for a significant upgrade on d, I think that could be said for almost anyone on the Flyers roster with few exceptions.

I'm not saying it's unlikely or even that I would be against it just that I don't think those two things gives any indication as to Brayden's future with the Flyers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
He's been fine in the games he's played but long term yeah he shouldn't be in the lineup I agree. I just think he helps the team more then Rinaldo or Rosehill on most nights. I just don't want Ott on this team. I dislike the guy a lot and he's simply not as good as he used to be.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2014, 10:31 AM
Curufinwe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
Wrong. He's a good 4th liner and PKer.

Curufinwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2014, 10:45 AM
RJ8812
Hellooooo ladiiiies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curufinwe View Post
Wrong. He's a good 4th liner and PKer.
Flyers fans say that about EVERY call-up

Old
01-05-2014, 11:03 AM
Curufinwe

I don't.

Curufinwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2014, 11:13 AM
4thline4life
The Mased God

Any NHL defenseman, so that meszaros can get the hell off the team.

4thline4life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2014, 12:08 PM
RespectTheCouts
Couts=0 offense

I am actually surprised that Homer hasn't made any knee-jerk panic trades yet,
The Flyers have been better lately and are winning gutsy games, but I believe if they miss the play-offs again this year things will change,
Kimmo is retiring so that changes the D corps big time, regardless of his losing a step or two it's still hard to replace a guy like him, and doing so will be tough, I like Downie a lot but keeping him means someone has to go,
A finisher for Giroux would be key
A clear cut #1 Dman would be perfect BUT they usually don't come cheap or grow on trees, plus it would take a ton to get one

I'm not sure but if Homer has showed this much restraint this year and hasn't completely rebuilt the team I'm leaning more towards smaller tweaks nothing big, but who knows Homer could step down and let Hexy take over and start to get his plan going

RespectTheCouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2014, 01:23 PM
kelmitchell

maybe we can deal hartnell (hopeful not likely) kimmo streit maybe vinny all for first round picks and prospects by the way a little off topic but does anyone know any high potential dmen in this draft outside of ekblad not to sure how deep this draft is honestly

kelmitchell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2014, 02:05 PM
DrHamburg

I think the reason no changes have been made are because flyers don't have a lot of options. Schenns are handcuffed. A lot of no movements. Untouchables like couts and low cap room. Meszaros for a pick/prospect is the only realistic deal.

DrHamburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2014, 02:29 PM
BrindamoursNose

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrHamburg View Post
I think the reason no changes have been made are because flyers don't have a lot of options. Schenns are handcuffed. A lot of no movements. Untouchables like couts and low cap room. Meszaros for a pick/prospect is the only realistic deal.
Not true at all

BrindamoursNose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2014, 02:50 PM
RJ8812
Hellooooo ladiiiies

the shouldn't do anything stupid that hurts them in the future.

Old
01-05-2014, 03:28 PM
Funf

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmitchell View Post
maybe we can deal hartnell (hopeful not likely) kimmo streit maybe vinny all for first round picks and prospects by the way a little off topic but does anyone know any high potential dmen in this draft outside of ekblad not to sure how deep this draft is honestly
The names I've heard are Haydn Fleury and Roland McKeown. There's also Honka who is playing for Finland in the WJCs right now. I don't know a whole lot about any of the players to be honest though.

Funf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2014, 09:50 PM
Frankenstein

Stand pat and see if a deal surfaces. I'd like to see us stick with B. Schenn for a while but if a Winnipeg wants to deal Kane for a package built around him I'd seriously consider it.

Frankenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2014, 10:21 PM
JGalt

Any move right now would almost certainly be a mistake.

JGalt is offline   Reply With Quote