HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Patrick Roy having problems again

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-20-2007, 01:06 PM
  #26
Duff88
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,029
vCash: 500
That's pretty low from Roy. Even if some fans are causing trouble, going out and punching a 55-60 years old man like Pierre Cardinal certainly isn't going to fix anything.

"Il l'aurait frappé à quelques reprises."

Look at him, he's the fourth guy in this picture, and now try to defend roy.


Duff88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2007, 01:07 PM
  #27
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by korky00 View Post
1) yes that changes everything...people that went to trash talk with quebec are morons...I am not I normally raise hands with other fans when the game is over and thank them for coming because their visit is important for the economy of our region which is pretty suffering right now.

2) That's your point of view ...I don't think that people there wanted this (Cardinal being punched ) to happen so that Roy gets bad publicity...but I will not say this is completely impossible. Now I think he could have acted somehow differently...because I don't see how punching a 60 years old man can unblock his bus.

That would be a nice option to have on a car. Instead of those stupid remotes, punch a 60 year old man and the door opens.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2007, 01:07 PM
  #28
Bronn
Registered Sellsword
 
Bronn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Highest Bidder
Posts: 10,943
vCash: 500
I said it many times before and i'll say it again : Patrick Roy is a loose cannon. He's an impulsive type of guy who can "peter une coche" (sorry i didn't know how to translate that expression) at any moment.

That incident in Chicoutimi really doesn't surprise me.Roy did a lot for hockey in general and i respect that but he definitively has some personnal issues to resolve.He need to learn how to control himself.

Bronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2007, 01:09 PM
  #29
korky00
Registered User
 
korky00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 640
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
[/B]
That would be a nice option to have on a car. Instead of those stupid remotes, punch a 60 year old man and the door opens.
true! and by the way...Roy would not have acted like this if no one had tried to trash talk with his players..so of course some fans have something to do with this...

korky00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2007, 02:58 PM
  #30
wade
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 434
vCash: 500
Quote:
You know you're a legend when you are famous, at least in part, for gestures that would be forgotten in lesser mortals.
http://www.canada.com/topics/sports/...13e1cb&k=16905

wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2007, 03:04 PM
  #31
Seb
Unregistered User
 
Seb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Ireland
Posts: 6,971
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Seb
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7K_f1MRfFeg

HuhhHhuhAhHUhaHaHUHUhUhUHAaaHaHUH

Seb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2007, 03:21 PM
  #32
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Vietnam
Posts: 9,285
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddas View Post
No. Does the name Judas ring a bell?
You know, in the Patrick Roy story the Montreal Canadiens organisation is a more apt comparison to Judas than he is.

The Habs betrayed him, not the other way around. Jackass or not he's a brilliant hockey mind, and I'd be glad to have him back in the organisation at some capacity lesser than GM.. for now.

Also, just because he's Patrick Roy it's likely all being blown out of proportion. He probably shoved the guy, and now it sounds like he beat him to a bloody pulp.

__________________
This content is hosted here with the objections of the poster.
coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2007, 03:23 PM
  #33
CalHabFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 591
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
It'll happen. I'd wait for some consecutive quiet years, like a recovering addict needing 1000 sober days, but it should happen and it will. I think Patrick's messing with the 'when' though.
You may just be right, we will probably not see his jersey retired in our lifetimes.
Fifty years from now, when all the daily details have become a blurr and only the stats remain, someone will wonder why that jersey was never retired and a distant 120 year old relative will shed a tear when his "vintage" jersey is raised up...

CalHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2007, 03:28 PM
  #34
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Vietnam
Posts: 9,285
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalHabFan View Post
You may just be right, we will probably not see his jersey retired in our lifetimes.
Fifty years from now, when all the daily details have become a blurr and only the stats remain, someone will wonder why that jersey was never retired and a distant 120 year old relative will shed a tear when his "vintage" jersey is raised up...
It'll happen inside 10 years, or not at all. They won't risk another Geoffrion embarassment.

coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2007, 03:30 PM
  #35
Maddas*
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: The Internet
Country: Canada
Posts: 595
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScull View Post
You know, in the Patrick Roy story the Montreal Canadiens organisation is a more apt comparison to Judas than he is.

The Habs betrayed him, not the other way around. Jackass or not he's a brilliant hockey mind, and I'd be glad to have him back in the organisation at some capacity lesser than GM.. for now.

Also, just because he's Patrick Roy it's likely all being blown out of proportion. He probably shoved the guy, and now it sounds like he beat him to a bloody pulp.
Judas got hanged back then hence the comparison when that particular poster got arsey about the comment I made.

No need to get all PMS on me, I know what Patrick achieved for this club. Still wouldn't want him anywhere near it mind, but that's another debate altogether.

Maddas* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2007, 03:37 PM
  #36
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Vietnam
Posts: 9,285
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddas View Post
Judas got hanged back then hence the comparison when that particular poster got arsey about the comment I made.

No need to get all PMS on me, I know what Patrick achieved for this club. Still wouldn't want him anywhere near it mind, but that's another debate altogether.
Well the funny part about my comparison is that I would consider the years 1996-2002 a pretty sound metaphor of a hanging.. lol

I wasn't trying to be disrespectful, just sharing my opinion.

coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2007, 04:13 PM
  #37
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban
 
Team_Spirit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 20,713
vCash: 700
Before the game the called the Sags 'soft' and said his team would play it rough. I'm sure the crazy fans in Chicoutimi had to prove something by blocking the Remparts bus, ridiculous. But that dosen't excuse what Patrick Roy that's big lack of judgement on his part.

Can't wait to see what Demers will say about 'Patrick' tonight :popcorn:

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2007, 04:20 PM
  #38
Blades 0f Steel
Registered User
 
Blades 0f Steel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Tibet
Posts: 11,523
vCash: 500
I'll hold off lighting the torches and grabbing the pitchforks until I hear it from both sides.

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2007, 04:58 PM
  #39
BLONG7
Registered User
 
BLONG7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 12,394
vCash: 500
Patty has anger management issues... A visit to Dr. Phil is an order...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2007, 05:09 PM
  #40
antidot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 293
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScull View Post

Also, just because he's Patrick Roy it's likely all being blown out of proportion. He probably shoved the guy, and now it sounds like he beat him to a bloody pulp.
+1

When it's Patrick , it's always out of proportions . We don't even know why he hits the guy ; was it just because he was just there , or because the guy said something " about Roy's sister or mother " ... we don't know , so who we are , to judge him ?

antidot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2007, 05:59 PM
  #41
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BladesofSteel View Post
I'll hold off lighting the torches and grabbing the pitchforks until I hear it from both sides.
Damn, I love the temporary courage a mob gives me.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2007, 06:17 PM
  #42
Habs
Registered User
 
Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,311
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by didouche View Post
In french sorry nothing in english yet

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/article/20...2/CPACTUALITES

Basically he hit a member of the Chicoutimi's organization because some fans were blocking access to the remparts bus
The guy probably deserved it, good for Roy.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2007, 07:02 PM
  #43
Duff88
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,029
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
The guy probably deserved it, good for Roy.
Excellent logic. Read the article, the guy is a member of the Sags management and all he did was come back after getting a call from the league in order to ask people to back off and let the bus leave. Witnesses say that Roy just went on a random guy.

That said, they showed Pierre Cardinal on the news and he didn't have a single mark. Still, I hate the way people are reacting on this event.

Duff88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2007, 07:17 PM
  #44
Form and Substance
Registered User
 
Form and Substance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,673
vCash: 500
RDS says no punches were thrown. Don't know why the intense hate for Roy.

Form and Substance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2007, 07:54 PM
  #45
Mathletic
Registered User
 
Mathletic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: St-Augustin, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,878
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duff88 View Post
Excellent logic. Read the article, the guy is a member of the Sags management and all he did was come back after getting a call from the league in order to ask people to back off and let the bus leave. Witnesses say that Roy just went on a random guy.

That said, they showed Pierre Cardinal on the news and he didn't have a single mark. Still, I hate the way people are reacting on this event.
now guess what, no punches were thrown, and that Cardinal guy was there only to trash talk the Remparts

and the guy who's taking all the crap is Roy

Mathletic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2007, 08:02 PM
  #46
Duff88
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,029
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU Seminoles View Post
...and that Cardinal guy was there only to trash talk the Remparts...
Any source on that? Pretty much everywhere I've read said he was asked by the league to intervene and calm the fans down:

Here's the official press release by the Sags

Quote:
À la suite des événements disgracieux survenus vendredi soir après le match contre les Remparts de Québec, les dirigeants des Saguenéens tiennent à préciser que c’est à la demande d’un dirigeant de la ligue de hockey junior majeure du Québec, M. Raymond Bolduc, qu’ils se sont présentés aux abords de l’autocar de la formation Québécoise afin d’aider les joueurs des Remparts à regagner leur autobus. Des spectateurs étaient demeurés sur place pour les narguer et leur bloquer l’accès.

En effet, une plainte de voies de fait contre l’entraîneur Patrick Roy a été déposée officiellement à la Sûreté municipale de Saguenay et le dossier est sous enquête.

Suite à cette précision, la direction des Saguenéens de Chicoutimi vous avise qu’elle n’émettra aucun commentaire.

Duff88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2007, 08:05 PM
  #47
Mathletic
Registered User
 
Mathletic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: St-Augustin, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,878
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duff88 View Post
Any source on that? Pretty much everywhere I've read said he was asked by the league to intervene and calm the fans down:

Here's the official press release by the Sags
Pedneault and Raymond on RDS

Mathletic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2007, 08:34 PM
  #48
turnbuckle*
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 3,724
vCash: 500
Fans around here have an irritating habit of jumping to conclusions. It wouldn't be the first time fans outside a Quebec arena got out of hand, and it wouldn't be the first time Patty lost his royal temper. This has been blown out of proportion only because it involves Patty.

How times change - think 30 years ago there would have been national stories about fans jostling with a coach outside the bus? There used to be all-out brawls and police escorts after many junior games, and they'd pass without so much as a line in a daily newspaper unless there were serious injuries or charges. Now a fan gets jostled and it's big news predominantly because Roy is famous.

turnbuckle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2007, 09:08 PM
  #49
Duff88
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,029
vCash: 500
Anyway, I'm going to get more infos on this as I know someone pretty close to Pierre Cardinal who can give me more, hopefully unbiased, details on what really happened. Until then, I'm going to try and keep my emotions down because this has really had an impact on me with all the insulting comments I have read (mostly not here).

Duff88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2007, 09:43 PM
  #50
antidot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 293
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duff88 View Post
Anyway, I'm going to get more infos on this as I know someone pretty close to Pierre Cardinal who can give me more, hopefully unbiased, details on what really happened. Until then, I'm going to try and keep my emotions down because this has really had an impact on me with all the insulting comments I have read (mostly not here).
why not simply close that thread ...

antidot is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:51 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.