HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Sticks

Old
01-10-2007, 11:03 PM
Slapshot_11

vCash: 500
Sticks

Hey ...

I was just wondering what stick is the best for road hockey ? I'm thinking of getting a stick for road hockey so I dont have to risk breaking my ice hockey stick. Or is it the same for ice and road ?

Slapshot_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 10:11 AM
Hugh Madbrough

I'd get something cheap, the road will ruin a blade quickly.

Hugh Madbrough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 10:39 AM
Wachovia Center

Send a message via ICQ to Wachovia Center Send a message via Yahoo to Wachovia Center
Get a two piece. Composite shaft, wooden blade. When the blade wears out, replace it. It's what I do, and it ends up costing less than buying a brand new stick whenever the blade wears out.

Wachovia Center is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 11:12 AM
crashlanding

ABS Blade...that's all you need. Whether you get a wooden stick or a shaft/blade combo make sure the blade is made of ABS plastic. Easton makes a decent stick that's only about 15 bucks. I think it's called "ultra abs" or something.

Wooden blades will wear out really fast and start chipping on the bottom for road hockey, ABS just wears away, no chipping.

crashlanding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2007, 04:04 AM
nikebauer

Send a message via MSN to nikebauer
Yup, I went through at least 3 wood blades before I tried out the ABS P2 Jokinen. It's slowly wearing down after like 2 years now but pieces of the blade will never chip off or break. Highly recommended for ball/road hockey because of its incredible durability.

nikebauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2007, 11:35 AM
Miami Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami Panther View Post
easton yzerman z abs. it is incredibly durable and lasts for months on my friend's very rough street (even after countless slappers). it is a wood/abs hybrid (predominantly abs) and has ceased to amaze me. i recently got a synergy II tapered shaft and put a ccm vector v5.0 tapered blade on it and it seems to be working very well. i highly recommend the easton yzerman z abs if you have a traditional shaft. if not the ccm vector v5.0 is the way to go. if you prefer a forsberg curve, try the easton x abs blade which i have yet to try but i believe it's the same build. hope this helps.

z abs: http://hockeymonkey.com/easton-rbzabssr06.html
x abs: http://hockeymonkey.com/easton-rbxabssr06.html
v5.0: http://hockeymonkey.com/ccm-rbv5sr.html
I suggest you go with a shaft and blade combo. I would look into getting a cheap shaft as well unless you plan on using your ice shaft (if you have one). The Easton Octane is a great and cheap (20 bucks) shaft with decent performance. If you haven't already, read my post above and that should help you out. The link to the other thread is here: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=328946

Miami Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2007, 11:52 AM

get one of the CCM blades.

regular ABS blades suck like nothing else. really heavy and really brittle. if someone steps on it, it snaps right in half.

for some reason the CCM ABS/texalium blades are really strong, light and pretty durable.

559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2007, 09:59 PM
Miami Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by 559 View Post
get one of the CCM blades.

regular ABS blades suck like nothing else. really heavy and really brittle. if someone steps on it, it snaps right in half.

for some reason the CCM ABS/texalium blades are really strong, light and pretty durable.
i have the ccm v5.0 and it works like a champ

Miami Panther is offline   Reply With Quote