HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

GuiDT: 20/01/07 Buffalo @ Montreal 7 PM EST (RDS, CBC)

Closed Thread

Old
01-20-2007, 10:58 PM
Slick Nick

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
If you watch the replay, it was Ryder who started the play from his own end. He made the outlet pass to Perezhogin, and then skated hard down the wing. Good anticapation by Ryder, but a dandy pass by Perezhogin. But, agreed, Ryder did not deserve the first star just because of the winning goal. Anyone's guess on that one tonite. Liked Ryder's play in the last few seconds though, he had the puck and just moved it out of the zone and down the ice softly, not trying to score, and possibly cause an icing.

Tonight was on of the worst games I've ever seen from Ryder, he was TERRIBLE in all the aspects.. He actually ended with -1 and 4 Pim... he simply sucked, please don't give him the credit for that win.

Old
01-20-2007, 10:58 PM
David_99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
Why Biron still has the custom white mask ?
I read on the Sabres board that he sent his away to get fixed, so he used his practice mask for a bit. Once his regular mask was finished, he said it obstructed his view or something and he went back to the practice mask because he was already used to it.

Old
01-20-2007, 11:09 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_99 View Post
I read on the Sabres board that he sent his away to get fixed, so he used his practice mask for a bit. Once his regular mask was finished, he said it obstructed his view or something and he went back to the practice mask because he was already used to it.

I thought it was because he was waiting for a trade.All season I saw him with that white mask

Old
01-20-2007, 11:11 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange View Post
Woot, two wins in a row. It's time for me to start reading the boards again !
Why sometimes it's fun when they lose.We can trade the hole team in 12.2 seconds!!!!!

Old
01-20-2007, 11:19 PM
Megaforce

The reason the three stars were so wonky was because they were chosen by the kids with leukemia, that's what the RDS announcer said.

Old
01-20-2007, 11:24 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by David_99 View Post
I don't understand why he doesn't just paint the one he's using now? It's not like he's a starting goalie, and it can't take THAT long to paint a mask, can it?

Old
01-20-2007, 11:26 PM
MathMan

Fun tidbit: Buffalo remains zero-for-season on the PP vs. Montreal.

Tricolore: Huet started looking bad as soon as he twisted his knee on a slip. I think he played hurt the rest of the way, as he was pretty solid before.

Still, the Habs won without a stellar goaltending performance, so that's good.

Old
01-20-2007, 11:29 PM
The Sanchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
I don't understand why he doesn't just paint the one he's using now? It's not like he's a starting goalie, and it can't take THAT long to paint a mask, can it?
Right now Biron uses the same company as a lot of other starters in the league. Because they are starters and he is not they are put on priority, also since it is done in sweden the elite leagues have go over him also I believe. The first one was a few weeks wait and I don't believe he is getting another one done because the wait is a long time.

Old
01-20-2007, 11:36 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by paille#1 View Post
Right now Biron uses the same company as a lot of other starters in the league. Because they are starters and he is not they are put on priority, also since it is done in sweden the elite leagues have go over him also I believe. The first one was a few weeks wait and I don't believe he is getting another one done because the wait is a long time.
Ah, guess that makes sense then. Thanks for the info.

Old
01-20-2007, 11:41 PM
Tricolore#20

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
Fun tidbit: Buffalo remains zero-for-season on the PP vs. Montreal.

Tricolore: Huet started looking bad as soon as he twisted his knee on a slip. I think he played hurt the rest of the way, as he was pretty solid before.

Still, the Habs won without a stellar goaltending performance, so that's good.

Yeah I thought so too, in regards to Huet. The immediate play after he went down was almost disastrous for him, as his lateral movement was somewhat suspect. Houde and Pednault picked up on it.

I'm curious to see if there is any ill consequence from it. If he did tweak it, it would be a great time to get some rest (and pass on the all-star game). Of course, I hope he didn't, because it must be a tremendous honour for him to go to the game.

Old
01-21-2007, 12:14 AM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Robert View Post
btw- I'd like to see Ribeiro make a nice pass like Plekanec did there.
PLekanec is slowly but steadily creeping up on the mauv...

Old
01-21-2007, 12:35 AM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackattack View Post
Oh and FYI... Pleckanec now has 10 points in 10 games.

Shame on anyone who doubted that he couldn't be a soild point-getter in the NHL.
Tulips and Zambonis doubt it.

Old
01-21-2007, 12:37 AM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Shouldn't have been so hard but I'll take a regulation win against the best team in the conference any way I can get it. Great stuff to go into the All-Star break on a positive note.

Unfortunately Boston's dominance vs. Ottawa ended when we needed it the most
Look at it this way: Ottawa and Boston can't both lose when they play each other. The Bruins have games in hand on the Habs. Luckily it wasn't a 3-point game.

Old
01-21-2007, 12:48 AM
Istvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Robert View Post
Did Markov actually get clipped in the face or did he just pull his now-patented head snap+face grab?

On a sidenote, as others have pointed out, the Sabres are really targeting Markov and I wish we'd respond a little more forcefully.

Edit: I just saw it, he got hit by a stick from the Habs bench.
Look again. Markov was clipped in the face by the stick of the Buffalo player #2. The Habs players on the bench all have their sticks held vertically. And the announcer who insisted that it was a stick from the Habs bench is a cretin.

Edit. Player # 26 not # 2.

Last edited by Istvan: 01-21-2007 at 02:59 PM. Reason: incorrect player #.
Old
01-21-2007, 12:49 AM
Istvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by =CH= View Post
Markov was hit in the face by a guy on the Habs bench.
Are you actually watching this game or just listening to the morons announcing it?

Old
01-21-2007, 12:53 AM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diogenes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Robert
btw- I'd like to see Ribeiro make a nice pass like Plekanec did there.
PLekanec is slowly but steadily creeping up on the mauv...
Plekanec is really starting to come into his own, but come on...Have you forgotten how great of a passer Ribeiro is? (Not intented for Diog, but for QR)

I didn't expect Plekanec to reach the 50 pt mark this season, but at this pace, it seems to be possible. The 2nd line is looking like our best atm, and Plekanec is looking miles ahead of Koivu in recent games, hopefully the capitaine will wake up soon.

Old
01-21-2007, 01:38 AM
Le Maroons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Istvan View Post
Look again. Markov was clipped in the face by the stick of the Buffalo player #2. The Habs players on the bench all have their sticks held vertically. And the announcer who insisted that it was a stick from the Habs bench is a cretin.
Yes, I agree, Harry Neale is a moron. Harry Neale sees something only Harry Neale can see. A replay will clearly show he is wrong, yet he comments on said replay as though it strengthens his original call. He's completely insane, time for him to go.

Sorry if this offends anyone but the old man needs to go.

*Also, I read the Buffalo GDT and a couple of them were saying Markov faked getting high-sticked. Funny, from Sabre fans!!!

Old
01-21-2007, 03:21 AM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

OMG! I missed the game tonight, so I set my PVR to record it, BUT IT DIDN'T RECORD IT! NOO!!

Luckily I saw the GWG where I was, but I wanted to re-watch the whole game tomorrow!

01-21-2007, 03:38 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tlusty the clown View Post
4-3 habs...Kovalev gets the gwg in third period.
nailed the score!

My thoughts:

Both teams did not have their "A" game tonight. The 4th montreal goal exploited some tired legs IMO. Perez got a step on teppo fairly easily and Ryder beat everyone to the net.

even though the habs only won by one goal, I was more satisifed with this perfromance than the atlanta one. It seems as though the team is taking some steps at getting back to the level where they should be. The passes are starting to hit tape to tape, and the breakouts are getting a bit smarter. Our D has to get better though. I know rivet is hurting so hopefully, the week off can help him heal some of the beating he's taken by the puck this season. Bouillon can also play better. Hopefully, its just a matter of rounding back to form after a long layoff with the surgery.

Last edited by Hackett: 01-21-2007 at 04:01 AM.
Old
01-21-2007, 05:33 AM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackattack View Post
Oh and FYI... Pleckanec now has 10 points in 10 games.

Shame on anyone who doubted that he couldn't be a soild point-getter in the NHL.
more important than the points is that while half the team was sick (him included) and then the whole team on a slump, he didnt slow down, not a bit...

it's nice to see a kid working his a** off every single shift being rewarded with a 10 in 10!

Old
01-21-2007, 05:55 AM
mtl_felix

kinda off-topic but.... i do like Briere's face on that picture:
http://images.cyberpresse.ca/apps/pb...=1002&MaxW=700

Old
01-21-2007, 07:03 AM
superstar436

I was at the game yesterday night. my first time since year 2000 or 2001. Anyway, I don't think I am a good analyst nor do I have half teh hockey knowledge that some if not most have here, but here are my 2 cents.

rivet : I know now which 2 of 3 we should keep. rivet is the man out. he says that he still don't understand why he was left out well I can : he does not want to pay the price anymore. does not seem to understand that he needs to be teh first on teh puck and take that hit in order to do it.

perez : besides the last 10 minutes of teh gae where he gave a good check and then that pass to ryder, he was not there. always behind or far from the puck. I thik the reason is that he is RW in his head. So many times when he skates he goes behind the play or backcehking he is on the RW and then cuts left. I don't know if that is a defensive strategy by carbo but he is not a LW even though he is a LH.

Old
01-21-2007, 10:27 AM
Talent Analyst

I was at the game , my first ever , and it was soooooo nice !

Old
01-21-2007, 11:18 AM
optimus2861

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Best Thing View Post
Ryder skated like there was a piece of chicken wing attached to a pole string he wanted to score the winner so bad.

He was probably aware he had made a pretty dumb play on the preceding PP, when he skated slowly into the slot and tried to force a shot through two Sabres rather than passing down low to an open Koivu. The shot was promptly blocked and the Sabres easily cleared the zone, and I don't think the Habs did anything with the remaining PP time. He needed to get the goat horns off.

Old
01-21-2007, 12:29 PM
jonny5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Nick View Post
Tonight was on of the worst games I've ever seen from Ryder, he was TERRIBLE in all the aspects.. He actually ended with -1 and 4 Pim... he simply sucked, please don't give him the credit for that win.
Was by no means giving Ryder credit for the win, just stating that him and Perezhogin each made a good effort to make that play work. And, as I said in my other post, no, he did not deserve the first star, in fact he deserved no star. Then, on the other side of the coin, I guess Latendresse derserved a star for that highlight reel goal he scored, did he?

Closed Thread