HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Patrick Roy having problems again

Old
01-20-2007, 10:36 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 526
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU Seminoles View Post
Ted Nolan had problems with you ! Ted Nolan ! The nicest guy in the world and you treated him like a monkey

there's always crap going on in Chicoutimi and guess what happens in the end, it's always the other team's fault
Nolan a nice guy?

Meet him once

and I disagree with your statement

Dave Samenko is a good guy--put up with my badgering for three hours about hockey a few years ago

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2007, 10:50 PM
Rahan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU Seminoles View Post
Ted Nolan had problems with you ! Ted Nolan ! The nicest guy in the world and you treated him like a monkey

there's always crap going on in Chicoutimi and guess what happens in the end, it's always the other team's fault
That's utter bs. One, Ted Nolan isn't the nicest guy in the world at all.
Second, you don't know anything about that story. We have a player on our team, Francis Verreault-Paul, which is an autochtone, and they had the Tomahawk song playing in every game for him, it had become the fans' rallying song. Ted Nolan took offense to the team playing that song when he came here, and he took offense of 3 idiots shouting names behind the bench. I'm pretty sure you can find 3 idiots in every junior hockey rink, cry me a river. And the song story... enough said.

Yes some people here may show a bit too much of enthusiasm about their team and sometimes it creates trouble (like this bus story), but remember that it's a very small minority.

Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2007, 03:49 AM
habitants9_4

haaahaha is he seriously that bad of a person...have u ever been heckled or talked to in such a way u wanna hit them....and their just looking for it, i give Roy credit for punching him, cuz im sure he was pissed, and the guy pushed things to a limit....... he was pissed when they kept him in for 9 goals, he was stubborn, cocky, yet unbelievable, and left cuz of his attitude........i have hated him for long enough, but now he's out of the nhl, so i will remain proud of him bringing the only 2 stanley cups i was born to see.......and really look at your lives...if you were in the spotlight like him u would have everything wrong with u exposed......but the truth is the best athletes have the worst attitudes....its the truth if you look at it, and i believe thats why Roy was a great....can name many more with attitudes of sorts....every sport

so rock on Roy and the fans who saw what you did will love you!!!!!!!!

habitants9_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2007, 09:25 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
That's utter bs. One, Ted Nolan isn't the nicest guy in the world at all.
Second, you don't know anything about that story. We have a player on our team, Francis Verreault-Paul, which is an autochtone, and they had the Tomahawk song playing in every game for him, it had become the fans' rallying song. Ted Nolan took offense to the team playing that song when he came here, and he took offense of 3 idiots shouting names behind the bench. I'm pretty sure you can find 3 idiots in every junior hockey rink, cry me a river. And the song story... enough said.

Yes some people here may show a bit too much of enthusiasm about their team and sometimes it creates trouble (like this bus story), but remember that it's a very small minority.
I think every town with a Jr.A team has their idiots. I thought it was a Qc thing until I saw games elsewhere and it's a Jr. hockey thing. Down south, I'd bet it's a high school sports and college thing. You let humans in, you get human behaviour. Idiots aren't restricted to a particular town.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2007, 10:30 AM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
I think every town with a Jr.A team has their idiots. I thought it was a Qc thing until I saw games elsewhere and it's a Jr. hockey thing. Down south, I'd bet it's a high school sports and college thing. You let humans in, you get human behaviour. Idiots aren't restricted to a particular town.
Reminds me of monkeys night at Copps Coliseum a few years back. Man, was that ever a bad idea. The ice was littered with feces...

At least I hope they were monkeys.

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2007, 05:46 PM
JFB

FYI, Patrick Roy just said that he did nothing wrong in Chicoutimi, and that he'll decide this week whether he stays or not as a coach in the LHJMQ. He's tired of the crap he gets around the league.

JFB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2007, 06:03 PM
Beatnik

Send a message via MSN to Beatnik
I always hated the big junior fans. It's why i love being in Quebec City, the arena is big anough that I can isolate myself. In Rimouski I was living next to the arena and I was almost never going.

About this situation, there always been a security problem in Chicoutimi inside and outside the building. The fans are worst there mainly because they are allow to do what they want. As long as it will be the case, stuff like that will happen. No one should have to fight with 50 idiots to get in their bus.

Beatnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2007, 08:04 PM
JrHockeyFan

Funny

A mob of "fans" stops a team of teens from getting on a bus, and the only charges are against Roy? Whether you love him or hate him, he has to stick up for his team. Where was Security in this situation.???? Certainly a home responsibility.

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2007, 08:11 PM
korky00

I am a sags fan and I would hate to see him leave...As much as I hate some of his methods to get players...He brings visibility and power to the league which has suffered from an inferiority complex versus the other leagues (ohl and whl)

korky00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2007, 08:31 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

vCash: 2600
http://www.radio-canada.ca/regions/Q....shtml?ref=rss

Quote:
« Encore aujourd'hui, je suis en réflexion concernant ce que je vais décider de faire comme entraîneur-chef des Remparts et même comme copropriétaire des Remparts de Québec »
Quote:
Au sujet des incidents qui seraient survenus vendredi soir, après le match entre son équipe et les Saguenéens de Chicoutimi, Patrick Roy a affirmé que ni lui ni l'équipe n'avaient quoi que ce soit à se reprocher.
He's thinking about his future as a coach and as an owner of a QJMHL team. Also said him and the team didn't do anything wrong.

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2007, 10:34 PM
Mathletic

Quote:
Originally Posted by korky00 View Post
2) That's your point of view ...I don't think that people there wanted this (Cardinal being punched ) to happen so that Roy gets bad publicity...but I will not say this is completely impossible. Now I think he could have acted somehow differently...because I don't see how punching a 60 years old man can unblock his bus.
there you have it

Mathletic is online now   Reply With Quote