HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

How bout Helminen for 4th line Center

Old
01-21-2007, 09:52 AM
WestsideNYR

vCash: 500
How bout Helminen for 4th line Center

Just wondering what people think of Helminen centering a 4th line with Hollweg and Ortmeyer. The guy is quick and might be able to perhaps recreate the type of line we had last year. He might pot a few more goals then Moore too. Hartford is playing excellent hockey and won again last night with Helminen scoring.

WestsideNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2007, 10:05 AM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestsideNYR View Post
Just wondering what people think of Helminen centering a 4th line with Hollweg and Ortmeyer. The guy is quick and might be able to perhaps recreate the type of line we had last year. He might pot a few more goals then Moore too. Hartford is playing excellent hockey and won again last night with Helminen scoring.
Some peolpe that have watched more PAck games then I would have a better idead, but in the games that I have seen, Helminen has been a total non factor..But maybe he's back to playing like last year...

Still, we don;t need a 4th line C, we have enough of them (and 3rd C's) on the roster but they are playing elsewhere...Get a solid 2nd C in here (trade or call up) and then you can begin to get this team straight (i.e, HBO as a line)

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2007, 01:14 PM
AXN

I like it. Krog can score more in the minors than him. Trade Immonen for Tamballini.

AXN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2007, 01:26 PM
Fletch

I'd rather have...

Krog as a fourth line center...or better yet, Betts...or even Ward or Hollweg. Don't think much of Helminen.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2007, 02:16 PM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

I would imagine a lot of teams would be envious of our depth at fourth line center.

klingsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2007, 02:25 PM
crisb

We have enough depth at 4th line. No need for him.

crisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2007, 02:54 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

I've liked Helmenin for his speed and defensive prowess. Renney shouldn't be afraid to use this guy on the ice (like he is with other players) but as it seems, he probably won't be getting a chance unless he scores 10 goals in preseason next year. or 20 in the first 10 in HFD. Frankly, I don't see him as a guy to score goals so I don't know why that should be a requirement to get called up. Has poor man's Todd Marchant written all over him. Capable 4th line center. I think he could chip in 20-30 points a season. If he picks up the offensive knack he had last season, he could be young man's Todd Marchant. but again, I doubt he'll be given that chance.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote