HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NY RANGERS POST ALL-STAR GAME....The Saga of what is and what should be

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-21-2007, 01:19 AM
  #1
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time
 
I Am Chariot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 14,526
vCash: 500
NY RANGERS POST ALL-STAR GAME....The Saga of what is and what should be

If you sat infront of the chalk board and marked up this team where are the GLARING holes? Some players should be moved to where their strength lies and some should just be moved.


Straka - Nylander - Jagr
Shanny - new guy - Hossa
Prucha- Cullen - new guy
Hollweg - Krog - Ortmeyer


new guy - Rozsival
Ward - Tyutin
Pock - Rachunek


I like Blair Betts but I chose Krog because he's cheaper, but I'd have no problem Betts being the 4th line C


Kasper, Malik, Ozo, Betts, Ward, Hall , Orr <<<< would any team be interested in any of these guys?

I think Malik, Betts, Kasper for a desperate team at the deadline?

__________________
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man
I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2007, 01:21 AM
  #2
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,258
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleandshoot View Post
If you sat infront of the chalk board and marked up this team where are the GLARING holes? Some players should be moved to where their strength lies and some should just be moved.


Straka - Nylander - Jagr
Shanny - new guy - Hossa
Prucha- Cullen - new guy
Hollweg - Krog - Ortmeyer


new guy - Rozsival
Ward - Tyutin
Pock - Rachunek


I like Blair Betts but I chose Krog because he's cheaper, but I'd have no problem Betts being the 4th line C


Kasper, Malik, Ozo, Betts, Ward, Hall , Orr <<<< would any team be interested in any of these guys?

I think Malik, Betts, Kasper for a desperate team at the deadline?
I would make 2 changes.

First, and FOREMOST.
Renney--> Schoenfeld

2nd
find a 2nd line center.

thats all.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2007, 01:24 AM
  #3
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time
 
I Am Chariot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 14,526
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
I would make 2 changes.

First, and FOREMOST.
Renney--> Schoenfeld

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2007, 02:09 AM
  #4
Balej20*
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 11,045
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
I would make 2 changes.

First, and FOREMOST.
Renney--> Schoenfeld


thats all.
I think Schoey should become the coach when the Rangers finally start bringing up some kids from the AHL. Otherwise, these vets on the team right now wont listen to some AHL coach.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2007, 02:11 AM
  #5
Pens75
Pens Fan Since 1975
 
Pens75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Duquesne Gardens
Country: United States
Posts: 2,948
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleandshoot View Post
Straka - Nylander - Jagr
Shanny - new guy - Hossa
Prucha- Cullen - new guy
Hollweg - Krog - Ortmeyer
What happened to Hall? (Moore's replacement)

Pens75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2007, 02:14 AM
  #6
Balej20*
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 11,045
vCash: 500
BTW, I have a feeling the Krog experiment may be over. Renney seems to like to try these new guys out for a few games to see if they click (ie Isbister). Then he moves on. Immonen may get another call up to try his luck on the 2nd line again.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2007, 02:14 AM
  #7
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time
 
I Am Chariot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 14,526
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
I think Schoey should become the coach when the Rangers finally start bringing up some kids from the AHL. Otherwise, these vets on the team right now wont listen to some AHL coach.
I agree...

The Rangers need a coach who can FIRE this team up.

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2007, 02:14 AM
  #8
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time
 
I Am Chariot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 14,526
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybax View Post
What happened to Hall? (Moore's replacement)
We don't know....no ones seen him

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2007, 02:17 AM
  #9
JamesG1221
 
JamesG1221's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 348
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleandshoot View Post
I agree...

The Rangers need a coach who can FIRE this team up.







Regardless of how many feel I wont put this on the coach. The bulk of players on this team have either stopped listening, have shown themselves to be incapable of the job at hand or BOTH...They need to start parting out some of the endless role players on this team and promote some guys that are going to be here for the long term such as Dawes and Callahan..Then the trick is to give them actual minutes..

JamesG1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2007, 02:18 AM
  #10
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time
 
I Am Chariot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 14,526
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
BTW, I have a feeling the Krog experiment may be over. Renney seems to like to try these new guys out for a few games to see if they click (ie Isbister). Then he moves on. Immonen may get another call up to try his luck on the 2nd line again.

Krog fits right in with a lot of the other talent on this team. He's good but being mis played

Instead of actually getting a REAL 1st 2nd line playmaking C they try to get lucky and fill the whle with an average player...

He hustles and he has some skills....hed be an upgrade at the 4th line C

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2007, 02:48 AM
  #11
Edge
Registered User
 
Edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Sin City
Country: United States
Posts: 13,196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleandshoot View Post
If you sat infront of the chalk board and marked up this team where are the GLARING holes? Some players should be moved to where their strength lies and some should just be moved.


Straka - Nylander - Jagr
Shanny - new guy - Hossa
Prucha- Cullen - new guy
Hollweg - Krog - Ortmeyer


new guy - Rozsival
Ward - Tyutin
Pock - Rachunek


I like Blair Betts but I chose Krog because he's cheaper, but I'd have no problem Betts being the 4th line C


Kasper, Malik, Ozo, Betts, Ward, Hall , Orr <<<< would any team be interested in any of these guys?

I think Malik, Betts, Kasper for a desperate team at the deadline?

Personally I try and get a guy like Morrison. I'd include Prucha in a deal to get him and see if they are willing to take Hall.

I go with Straka - Nylander - Jagr
Dawes - Morrison - Shanahan
Ward - Cullen - Callahan
Hollweg - Betts - Ortmeyer

You now have two scoring lines (and an actual playmaker centering that second line).

You replace Prucha with Dawes and really hope for the best.

The third line now has a defensive LW, a center who can provide some offense and an energy third liner.

The fourth line you use to just grind other teams down. Hit them hard, hit them often and annoy the piss out of them.

I keep Hossa as an extra forward in case Dawes/Callahan/whoever just doesn't work out.

It doesn't improve the defense, but it at the very least gives this team some lines that make sense rather than lines that are being forced.

It's not necessarily about finding who would win a skills competition, but rather who makes sense with who and could click.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2007, 02:49 AM
  #12
Edge
Registered User
 
Edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Sin City
Country: United States
Posts: 13,196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleandshoot View Post
Krog fits right in with a lot of the other talent on this team. He's good but being mis played

Instead of actually getting a REAL 1st 2nd line playmaking C they try to get lucky and fill the whle with an average player...

He hustles and he has some skills....hed be an upgrade at the 4th line C
Krog is and always will be a borderline player. At his age, he is what he is.

The difference in price from Betts is a nonfactor and the main reason Krog hasn't stuck as a 4th liner since coming out of college is because he really is not suited for it over the long haul.

I'd take Krog out of any plans you have for this team/the future.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2007, 03:48 AM
  #13
Osminator
Registered User
 
Osminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Vienna, Austria
Country: Austria
Posts: 4,561
vCash: 500
cancel the remaining games, refund ticket money and send all them lazy ******** to boot camp

Osminator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2007, 06:50 AM
  #14
BBKers
Registered User
 
BBKers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: South Koster, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 5,825
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
New lines after The Break?

I know this sounds and is a bit weird - but what about these lines after the break?

Prucha - Straka - Jagr
Shanny - Nylander - Ibister/Dubinsky
Hossa - Krog - Cullen
Hollweg - Betts - Ortmeyer

Reserves - Ibister/Dubinsky, Dawes, Immonen, Callahan (Orr)
Trade/wave - Ward, Hall, (Orr)

It can probably cannot get worse offensively as it is now. Too bad when the defense/goalkeeping keeps the scores down but the offensive production just is not there.

??? Thoughts ???

I have reasons for the compositions of these lines. I will get into this after you bring on your views.
I would rather see a trade for a real center and scrappy 2-way North American forward - but if this is not possible without giving up too much - a new strategy has to be implemented...

BBKers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2007, 07:01 AM
  #15
UAGoalieGuy
Registered User
 
UAGoalieGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Long Island,New York
Country: United States
Posts: 8,711
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
I know this sounds is a bit weird - but what about these lines after the break?

Prucha - Straka - Jagr
Shanny - Nylander - Ibister/Dubinsky
Hossa - Krog - Cullen
Hollweg - Betts - Ortmeyer

Reserves - Ibister/Dubinsky, Dawes, Immonen, Callahan (Orr)
Trade/wave - Ward, Hall, (Orr)

It can probably cannot get worse offensively as it is now. Too bad when the defense/goalkeeping keeps the scores down but the offensive production just is not there.

??? Thoughts ???

I have reasons for the compositions of these lines. I will get into this after you bring on your views.
I would rather see a trade for a real center and scrappy 2-way North American forward - but if this is not possible without giving up too much - a new strategy has to be implemented...
Letting kids into the lineup?!?! In a second line role?!?! NEVER! lol I really think it would be better for the development of Dubi to get a full season in Hartford as well as Callahan. Dawes I would consider. The trading all or some combo of this group would be super as well: Ward, Orr, and Hall. Even Hossa I don't know I just don't like the guy.

I think that the transition to youth on this team should start with the 2nd and 3rd lines next season and towards the end of this season (If we fall out of the plays and trades ensue). Dawes (RW) and either Dubi or Immonen ( C) if the Rangers do not make a trade at the deadline or sign a UFA in the offseason on the 2nd line. Cullen centering Byers (If he's ready) and Callahan would be a solid 3rd line IMO.

The real area where players need to me moved to get ready for the kids next season is on D. Kaspar, Malik, Ozo (Gone as a UFA in the summer), and Rachunek need to go. Maybe resign Rachunek if he accepts a smaller amount of money, which I doubt he will. That right there frees up like almost 10 million in cap space to sign a UFA center and D-man as well as makes room for Staal.

Time to cut some deadweight Sather lets go get your @$$ in gear!

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2007, 07:17 AM
  #16
BBKers
Registered User
 
BBKers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: South Koster, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 5,825
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post

The real area where players need to me moved to get ready for the kids next season is on D. Kaspar, Malik, Ozo (Gone as a UFA in the summer), and Rachunek need to go. Maybe resign Rachunek if he accepts a smaller amount of money, which I doubt he will. That right there frees up like almost 10 million in cap space to sign a UFA center and D-man as well as makes room for Staal.
I totally agree

Tyutin - Ward
Roszival - Brewer
Rachunek - Pock

Reserves - Baranka, (Ozo - cuz we are probably stuck with him)

Waive/Trade - Kaspar, Malik (while his +/- stats are still good for Brewer + add a pick here too).

Get a doctor to lock at Ozo again - nobody is going to want him even for free. Waive him again. Free cap space for deadline + offseason.

There is a lot of nice coming talent below that should be positioned into the team on the defense. A UFA could also be signed on D in the offseason. Sign Pock.

BBKers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2007, 07:27 AM
  #17
BBKers
Registered User
 
BBKers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: South Koster, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 5,825
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
BTW - to a different subject - it is a brutal jungle in the Conference standings now

Every game & point will really count. Overtime/shootout wins and points can be very decisive.
11 teams in contention for 5 spots. Gonna be real interesting...
Maybe not real enlightening tho...

Pos Team GP Pts
4. Montreal 49 59
5. Ottawa 50 58
6. Carolina 50 56
7. Tampa Bay 50 54
8. N.Y. Rangers 48 50
9. Toronto 49 50
10. Pittsburgh 46 50
11. Boston 46 48
12. N.Y. Islanders 47 48
13. Washington 48 47
14. Florida 50 46

BBKers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2007, 07:35 AM
  #18
BBKers
Registered User
 
BBKers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: South Koster, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 5,825
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
[QUOTE=cycleandshoot;7743623]


Straka - Nylander - Jagr
Shanny - new guy #1 - Hossa
Prucha- Cullen - new guy #2
Hollweg - Krog - Ortmeyer


new guy #3 - Rozsival
Ward - Tyutin
Pock - Rachunek

QUOTE]


New guy nr 1 - P Forsberg (if affordable & possible) or C Conroy or Nagy
New guy nr 2 - M Nilson or T Holmström
New guy nr 3 - E Brewer

If it were possible without totally depleting the future - I would do it.

BBKers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2007, 08:45 AM
  #19
alkurtz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mahopac, NY
Posts: 897
vCash: 500
Identify your 9 most talented forwards (in NY or Hartford) and build your team around them. If using young players give them at least 6 games to acclimate to the speed of the NHL and playing with vets. Skill is the bottom line.

Nylander-Jagr-Straka: no complaint with what they have accomplished and their work ethic. As with all good players, they are streaky and when 2 of the 3 are in a negative time, others need to pick up the slack.

Dubinsky-Shanahan-Prucha: I know Dubs might need more AHL time and there is still no concensus one whether he will be a #1, 2 or 3 center in the future. But he plays a gritty game that I think will go well with Shanny. Prucha needs to play regularly, this jerking him around is just dumb. Put him in the lineup and let him play! If you think last year was a fluke, then perhaps trade him. I don't think it was a fluke.

Line 3 depends on an honest evaluation of Immonen. I've always been a fan of his but do have doubts about his speed. If Ranger scouts feels he can play in the NHL, then:
Immonen-Dawes-Cullen; Nigel is the best goal scorer in the minors and we need secondary scoring!

If Immonen is to slow then:
Cullen-Dawes-Callahan: I know we may be mixing and matching wingers on off wings, but kids are young and can adjust.

In today's NHL, I just don't see the big need for a #3 checking line. Renney never uses one anyway in the way that other coaches put their best defensive forward on Jags.

4th line: Betts, Ortmeyer, Hollweg: best for energy

Get rid of (thru waivers or banishment): Hossa (enough already!), Hall, Krog, Ward, Orr (might keep him around as an extra forward for those rare games where is fighting ability might be needed)

alkurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2007, 08:51 AM
  #20
UAGoalieGuy
Registered User
 
UAGoalieGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Long Island,New York
Country: United States
Posts: 8,711
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alkurtz View Post
Identify your 9 most talented forwards (in NY or Hartford) and build your team around them. If using young players give them at least 6 games to acclimate to the speed of the NHL and playing with vets. Skill is the bottom line.

Nylander-Jagr-Straka: no complaint with what they have accomplished and their work ethic. As with all good players, they are streaky and when 2 of the 3 are in a negative time, others need to pick up the slack.

Dubinsky-Shanahan-Prucha: I know Dubs might need more AHL time and there is still no concensus one whether he will be a #1, 2 or 3 center in the future. But he plays a gritty game that I think will go well with Shanny. Prucha needs to play regularly, this jerking him around is just dumb. Put him in the lineup and let him play! If you think last year was a fluke, then perhaps trade him. I don't think it was a fluke.

Line 3 depends on an honest evaluation of Immonen. I've always been a fan of his but do have doubts about his speed. If Ranger scouts feels he can play in the NHL, then:
Immonen-Dawes-Cullen; Nigel is the best goal scorer in the minors and we need secondary scoring!

If Immonen is to slow then:
Cullen-Dawes-Callahan: I know we may be mixing and matching wingers on off wings, but kids are young and can adjust.

In today's NHL, I just don't see the big need for a #3 checking line. Renney never uses one anyway in the way that other coaches put their best defensive forward on Jags.

4th line: Betts, Ortmeyer, Hollweg: best for energy

Get rid of (thru waivers or banishment): Hossa (enough already!), Hall, Krog, Ward, Orr (might keep him around as an extra forward for those rare games where is fighting ability might be needed)
Dawes should get 2nd line minutes. I don't think he will be too productive on a 3rd line. I think that one of either Prucha or Dawes will have that spot. The other will more than likely get dealt. I really don't think that the Rangers want 2 players under 6 foot playing.


Last edited by UAGoalieGuy: 01-21-2007 at 08:58 AM.
UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2007, 10:24 AM
  #21
True Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 15,116
vCash: 500
Hossa being anywhere but the 4th line (at best) does not help anyone. He certainly belongs nowhere near the 2nd line.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2007, 10:52 AM
  #22
Janerixon
Registered User
 
Janerixon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 3,730
vCash: 500
True blue is right, hossa is a 4th liner, maybe if he can start to produce some points ill move him to the 3rd line, his defensive play has picked up but that does not warrant him 2nd line icetime

what could be done until a move or two is made isnt that hard to figure out

straka-nylander-jagr
prucha-immonen-shanhan
cullen-betts-ortmeyer
hollweg-ward-hossa

tyutin-ward
malik-rozsival
pock-rachunek

call up immo, put prucha on the 2nd line with shanny and immo and lets actually give them a chance, that 3rd line to me is very very fast and all of those players can chip in some points here and there, i like it for a checking line

until a trade is made we can't do much with malik-rozsival pair, so id like to make them the 3-4 pair and reduce their icetime while giving more to ward and tyutin

thats what id do until a trade could be made to at least upgrade the defense

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2007, 10:56 AM
  #23
True Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 15,116
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon View Post
what could be done until a move or two is made isnt that hard to figure out

straka-nylander-jagr
prucha-immonen-shanhan
cullen-betts-ortmeyer
hollweg-ward-hossa

tyutin-ward
malik-rozsival
pock-rachunek
The forwards can be even more changed by having Cullen center the 3rd line, Betts center the 4th line and Ward on wing. Or give a Callahan a shot and bench Hossa. The defensemen can be changed, but that can only happen if Renney shows any inclination to bench higher salaried players. Really, is there any reason whey Baranka cannot be given a shot right now? Or even the forgotten Lampman?

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2007, 11:09 AM
  #24
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time
 
I Am Chariot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 14,526
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
I know this sounds and is a bit weird - but what about these lines after the break?

Prucha - Straka - Jagr
Shanny - Nylander - Ibister/Dubinsky
Hossa - Krog - Cullen
Hollweg - Betts - Ortmeyer

Reserves - Ibister/Dubinsky, Dawes, Immonen, Callahan (Orr)
Trade/wave - Ward, Hall, (Orr)
are you really Tom Renny

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2007, 11:28 AM
  #25
Larry Melnyk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Gloomsville, USA
Posts: 4,376
vCash: 500
Everybody knows the Ranngers need a 2nd C...The Rangewrs will get one..The question is, who goes the other way? I can definetely see one or two 3rd/4th liners, a good prospcet (say Dawes or Callahan)...maybe going the other way....My bet on 3rd/4th liners going would be Hossa/Hall/Ward....

If a trade is slow to be made, my bet is the Rangers NOW have no choice but to call up Dubinskly for the 2nd C (I think they have come to the right conclusion on IMMONEN regarding 2nd C capability) and let the others play where they should.....

The wildcard is whether Prucha is included in a deal for a 2nd line forward instead of a Dawes or callahan...But I don't think so and coming back after the break, he might get one more shot....

So, what should be (and tinted a bit with what I think will be)

Straka-Nylander-Jagr
Prucha-Dubinsky/TRADEE-Shanny
HOlly-Betts-Orts
Culen-Dubinsky/Krog-Hossa/Ward/Hall... (cullen is not a C in my book)

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:59 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.