HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Part II: Fire Renney?

View Poll Results: Fire Renney
YES - Get rid him of him already 51 67.11%
NO - Can't blame him/Needs More Time/Other 25 32.89%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old
01-20-2007, 08:56 PM
In The Flesh

vCash: 500
Renney has been the best coach we've had in a long time, but putting Prucha on the
4th line is an obsurd call. Playing Malik this long is complete BS. etc. etc. etc. He's got to go, but not if Sather is the one to replace him, I'm not watching that again.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2007, 08:57 PM
Fletch

I understood, Brooklyn...

I'd just suggest that when you have a guy like Jagr playing to his fullest potential, and consistent, quality goaltending, it's amazing how much easier it is to coach a team, something the other numbnuts didn't have in their tenures. Again, as bad as Low was, I wonder what he could've done with consistent, excellent goaltending and if he had a consistent, top scoring winger. I think that makes a world of difference.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2007, 09:01 PM
Nich

is there any way we can just move him back into player development, etc? let him coach hartford and bring up shonfeld!!

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2007, 09:04 PM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich View Post
is there any way we can just move him back into player development, etc? let him coach hartford and bring up shonfeld!!
, then players like Callahan, Dubinsky, Dawes would get 4th line minutes while players like, Lassard, Isbister, Weller and Purinton would get 1st line minutes

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2007, 11:00 PM
The New Originals

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
, then players like Callahan, Dubinsky, Dawes would get 4th line minutes while players like, Lassard, Isbister, Weller and Purinton would get 1st line minutes
But it'll help Dawes improve his defensive game!

The New Originals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2007, 12:17 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

"I'm hard-pressed to figure that one out," Tom Renney said about the five on three. "I'm going to have to look that one over.

Sounds strangely similar what Trottier used to say after games.

I say with him because:

1) as others have said, you look good when Jagr and Henke are playing their A+ game
2) if you fire him now, who is there left to replace him? we'd be rolling the dice and i doubt we get so lucky like the ducks have with babcock and carlyle. Not sure I want a Constantine who hasn't had an NHL job is so long. or Robinson. Pat Quinn. And Patrick Roy ain't ready for prime time yet.
3) if you're gonna fire him, do it at the end of the year when you know you aren't going to make the playoffs. OR when you know you will! Like the devils did that one year (unlikely) . This team is looking to regroup (yet again) so a firing sounds untimely to me.

I would add that it's looking pretty miserable for Renney though. I really haven't liked any of his choices but unless you can replace him with a coaching stud, I'll stick to what we've got.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2007, 12:34 AM
RangersFan

Send a message via AIM to RangersFan Send a message via MSN to RangersFan
Renney is going nowhere unfortunately, at least not till next season.

RangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2007, 10:02 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
Sure, why not, let's fire him. The sad thing is that Renney is the best coach Sather has brought in since he was hired. Why does anyone think the next one will somehow be better than all the others?

It's not really Renney's fault--the fish rots from the head down. You want real change? Fire the Jackass.
Spot on Brook. As usual.

01-21-2007, 10:08 AM
True Blue

I agree that it all starts with Sather. However, what galls me about Renney is that he has seemingly made a decision that he would rather go into a game with things that he knows will not work rather that with things that might not work. Fail with the known as opposed to try the unknown.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2007, 10:53 AM
chosen

I still find it astonishing that people here continue to blame the coach when the GM has given him an AHL quality roster to work with. Scotty Bowman couldn't win with this bunch.

chosen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2007, 11:07 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
I still find it astonishing that people here continue to blame the coach when the GM has given him an AHL quality roster to work with. Scotty Bowman couldn't win with this bunch.
No, but then again, Bowman would not place Betts to center Shanny. Nor would he be hesitant to replace a failing Malik. Nor would he litter all the lines but the 1st with waiver-level players and 4th liners. Plus, chances are, Jagr would not be able to dictate the terms of how the PP is run.

Old
01-21-2007, 11:42 AM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
Nor would he litter all the lines but the 1st with waiver-level players and 4th liners.
since when is he the GM?

Brian Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2007, 12:16 PM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
Shanny, Jagr, Nylander, Straka, Prucha, Cullen for a top 6.

Bottom 2 lines feature players who are all NHL caliber bottom line players....where is this AHL quality roster?

Philly has an AHL lineup. Not us.

Last edited by FLYLine24*: 01-21-2007 at 12:38 PM.
FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2007, 01:36 PM
Fletch

Chosen....

AHL quality? The top line's pretty good. Shanny's OK too, and had he scored more than one goal in the last 18 games this team could've won a few more (one would think he could). Prucha scored 30 goals in 68 games last season. Cullen scored 25 goals for a different coach. Ward had 24 points last season from the third line. Betts scored 10 goals from the third line. The defense has some decent guys, and there's Henke. I would say that there's a basis for a better team, than the sub .500 team we see.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2007, 06:08 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
since when is he the GM?
He is the one that makes all of the lineup choices. And seems to me, that had he wanted to call up someone from Hartford, he would have.