HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

2014 WJC Video: Sebastian Collberg, Sweden

Old
01-03-2014, 09:45 PM
HF Article
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
2014 WJC Video: Sebastian Collberg, Sweden

While his season with the Frolunda Indians of the SHL hasn't been an offensively productive one, Team Sweden forward Sebastian Collberg is doing at the 2014 World Junior Championship what he has done at previous WJC's, namely generating offense.

In five games at this WJC, Collberg has netted a goal and chipped in four assists while posting a +4 rating for the tournament. All told, in 17 U20 WJC games over the past two years, the Mariestad native has scored nine goals and added nine assists for 18 points. In additon, Collberg took part in the 2012 U18 WJC, where he potted four goals and added five assists for 9 points in six games.… read more

More...

HF Article is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2014, 05:49 AM
macavoy

vCash: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by HF Article View Post
watching the first 40 seconds of this video has me writing off any hope I had for Sebastian. His answers are the worst cardboard cutout answers I've ever heard. No individuality, no passion, nothing.

He sounds like Gary Bettman talking about why Florida is a good hockey market.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2014, 06:44 AM
Johnny B Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
watching the first 40 seconds of this video has me writing off any hope I had for Sebastian. His answers are the worst cardboard cutout answers I've ever heard. No individuality, no passion, nothing.

Really? Just because of one interview? Markov has even worse interviews, he turned out OK to say the least..

Johnny B Good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2014, 06:48 AM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:

meh... something along the lines of "prepare yourself better next time you're about to interview someone" would have been nice

generic (read : stupid) questions - generic awnsers.

you havin fun ?
special to play home ?
you know some of your teammates already ? (duh! he was at U20 last year and played in Sweden all his life )

god damn...

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2014, 07:06 AM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:

Good to know that you write off prospects based on interviews.

Old
01-04-2014, 07:18 AM
macavoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Skorpion View Post
Good to know that you write off prospects based on interviews.
Look up my record.

Based on interviews, I chose Galchenyuk over a much taller prospect that a lot of people wanted whose name also started with G.

I also wrote off Atvsin because I could see the writing.

I also said Pacioretty needed AHL seasoning.

Back in the Halak vs Price debates, I said Halak was better at the time but Price would be better long term.

my record speaks volumes.

Just like the Therrien debate, I don't like him but he is the best french coach option and people thinking we can fire him are out to lunch because they don't realize there s another better french option.

Old
01-04-2014, 08:18 AM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Look up my record.

Based on interviews, I chose Galchenyuk over a much taller prospect that a lot of people wanted whose name also started with G.
A lot of people wanted, based on size.

Everyone and their grandmother knew Galchenyuk was a better prospect. Eventually, by a week around draft day, mostly everyone had changed their tune.

Quote:
I never bought into the Avtsin hype and I never watched a single interview of his. I based it off his play, both with and without the puck and the way he handled himself in all three zones.

Quote:
Did you base that on interviews as well? I based it off of his play in Montreal that left us desiring a little more. I said that sending him to Hamilton was the kick in the ass that he needed.

Quote:
Back in the Halak vs Price debates, I said Halak was better at the time but Price would be better long term.
Again, based on interviews? I wanted Price over Halak, despite the heavy credit I gave to Halak during the 2010 playoffs. Not because of interviews, not because of ethnicity but because Price had a higher ceiling.

Quote:
If that's your record, where you base the potential of prospects on interviews, you failed to make your point. Instead, you gave examples that quite a lot of us here held the same opinion, yet did not base it off interviews. That IS what this argument is about, right? You watched a Collberg interview and that was all you needed to know... right? You then listed examples that poorly reflected your "record".

Quote:
Just like the Therrien debate, I don't like him but he is the best french coach option and people thinking we can fire him are out to lunch because they don't realize there s another better french option.
Not really sure what point you are trying to make here. I don't base my opinion of Therrien on what he says in the dressing room which we are privileged to watch on 24CH. I base it on the decisions he makes with his line-up and how he manages player's ice time. Again... nothing to do with interviews or the way they handle themselves in them.

Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2014, 08:30 AM
Demon Wolf

Quote:

Will see if I can find it but in a Swedish newspaper he offered opinions on all his teammates, it was hilarious. Funny guy.

Demon Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2014, 02:24 PM
macavoy

I just watched the Sweden vs Russia tape and I reaffirm my position.

Sebastian was invisible in that game. Tell me I'm wrong about him,

Old
01-04-2014, 02:31 PM
Draft

If you're expecting a lot of passion and "individuality" when talking to a Swede, you're going to have a bad time.

Draft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2014, 03:09 PM
thaivuN
Cynical Narcissist.

vCash: 187
Collberg looks and sounds like Galchenyuk. Same face, Same Voice, just different hair style and color.

thaivuN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2014, 03:19 PM
Strik_IX
No excuses!

vCash: 1395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
If you're expecting a lot of passion and "individuality" when talking to a Swede, you're going to have a bad time.
This x1000.

In what universe do interviews reflect one's ability to play hockey?

I'm great when it comes to PR, maybe at 32 it's time for me to lace 'em up and put this 170lbs frame to good use.

Strik_IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2014, 01:15 AM
macavoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strik_IX View Post
This x1000.

In what universe do interviews reflect one's ability to play hockey?

I'm great when it comes to PR, maybe at 32 it's time for me to lace 'em up and put this 170lbs frame to good use.
Do you think I'm wrong?

Old
01-05-2014, 01:49 AM
PricerStopDaPuck
#PrayForBozon

vCash: 250
Quote:

John Tavares also gives boring cardboard cut out answers. I bet he won't turn out that good.

PricerStopDaPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2014, 01:57 AM
CanadienShark

vCash: 517
Quote:

Your "record" does not "speak volumes" either.

CanadienShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2014, 05:58 AM
muzion

Quote:
Do you think I'm wrong?
It's funny how everyone learns the basics of cause and effect relationships at school, yet can't apply them in the real world.

muzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2014, 11:36 AM
BoNeS42

Quote:
Do you think I'm wrong?
All hail our new messiah, macavoy. He will never be wrong.

BoNeS42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2014, 11:41 AM
macavoy

4 replies attacking the poster and not a single one giving a valid reason why they think Collberg will cut the mustard.

My point stands.

Old
01-06-2014, 01:06 AM
WeeBey

Quote:
4 replies attacking the poster and not a single one giving a valid reason why they think Collberg will cut the mustard.

My point stands.
Because everyones too busy making fun of you for how ridiculous you sound by writing off a prospect based on 40 seconds of interview footage.

WeeBey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2014, 01:25 AM
JohnLennon

Quote:

My point stands.
Your point is so ridiculous I thought you were actually joking at first. You're basically trying to say that being a less talkative person is directly correlated with hockey skill. You also ignored the fact that almost every damn hockey player in the world is boring at interviews: Jonathan Toews, John Tavares, Sidney Crosby... yet they are all pretty good NHL hockey players.

Evaluating a 19 year old player doing an interview with foreign media in his secondary language, and using that one interview to evaluate his entire hockey career is literally the most stupid thing I have read in a long time.

We don't know if Collberg will "cut the mustard" but he was pretty damn good in the WJCs, and is definitely a top Habs prospect.

JohnLennon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2014, 01:35 AM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:

My point stands.
well, I for one remember listening to another interview of him a while ago and he was OK, so he'll be a great NHler...

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2014, 05:22 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLennon View Post
Your point is so ridiculous I thought you were actually joking at first. You're basically trying to say that being a less talkative person is directly correlated with hockey skill. You also ignored the fact that almost every damn hockey player in the world is boring at interviews: Jonathan Toews, John Tavares, Sidney Crosby... yet they are all pretty good NHL hockey players.

Evaluating a 19 year old player doing an interview with foreign media in his secondary language, and using that one interview to evaluate his entire hockey career is literally the most stupid thing I have read in a long time.

We don't know if Collberg will "cut the mustard" but he was pretty damn good in the WJCs, and is definitely a top Habs prospect.
John Lennon, the man the legend.

This post definitively cut the mustard!

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2014, 05:27 PM
TheGoalJudge

Quote:
Look up my record.

You realize all those things were popular opinions right?

You really needed interviews to see Galchenyuk was better than Grigorenko or Price has more potential than Halak?

TheGoalJudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2014, 05:27 PM
JohnLennon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
John Lennon, the man the legend.

This post definitively cut the mustard!

Hahaha! You're a beauty!

JohnLennon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2014, 05:37 PM
Toro

Oh u guys having fun here? It's funny for me to read all U guys and the quotes of the legend macovoy. Cause I don't get to see the legend's posts anymore unless their quoted. Funny huh?

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote