HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

2014 WJC Video: Sebastian Collberg, Sweden

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-03-2014, 09:45 PM
  #1
HF Article
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Country:
Posts: 6,980
vCash: 500
2014 WJC Video: Sebastian Collberg, Sweden


While his season with the Frolunda Indians of the SHL hasn't been an offensively productive one, Team Sweden forward Sebastian Collberg is doing at the 2014 World Junior Championship what he has done at previous WJC's, namely generating offense.



In five games at this WJC, Collberg has netted a goal and chipped in four assists while posting a +4 rating for the tournament. All told, in 17 U20 WJC games over the past two years, the Mariestad native has scored nine goals and added nine assists for 18 points. In additon, Collberg took part in the 2012 U18 WJC, where he potted four goals and added five assists for 9 points in six games.… read more



More...

HF Article is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2014, 05:49 AM
  #2
macavoy
Registered User
 
macavoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 7,322
vCash: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by HF Article View Post
watching the first 40 seconds of this video has me writing off any hope I had for Sebastian. His answers are the worst cardboard cutout answers I've ever heard. No individuality, no passion, nothing.

He sounds like Gary Bettman talking about why Florida is a good hockey market.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2014, 06:44 AM
  #3
Johnny B Good
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 204
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
watching the first 40 seconds of this video has me writing off any hope I had for Sebastian. His answers are the worst cardboard cutout answers I've ever heard. No individuality, no passion, nothing.

He sounds like Gary Bettman talking about why Florida is a good hockey market.
Really? Just because of one interview? Markov has even worse interviews, he turned out OK to say the least..

Johnny B Good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2014, 06:48 AM
  #4
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 14,940
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
watching the first 40 seconds of this video has me writing off any hope I had for Sebastian. His answers are the worst cardboard cutout answers I've ever heard. No individuality, no passion, nothing.

He sounds like Gary Bettman talking about why Florida is a good hockey market.
meh... something along the lines of "prepare yourself better next time you're about to interview someone" would have been nice

generic (read : stupid) questions - generic awnsers.

you havin fun ?
special to play home ?
you know some of your teammates already ? (duh! he was at U20 last year and played in Sweden all his life )


god damn...

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2014, 07:06 AM
  #5
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator
 
Crimson Skorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lachine, Quebec
Country: Germany
Posts: 27,655
vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
watching the first 40 seconds of this video has me writing off any hope I had for Sebastian. His answers are the worst cardboard cutout answers I've ever heard. No individuality, no passion, nothing.

He sounds like Gary Bettman talking about why Florida is a good hockey market.
Good to know that you write off prospects based on interviews.

__________________
"I really like the way Drew Doughty plays the game. He's like a defenceman version of Erik Karlsson."
-68
Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2014, 07:18 AM
  #6
macavoy
Registered User
 
macavoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 7,322
vCash: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Skorpion View Post
Good to know that you write off prospects based on interviews.
Look up my record.

Based on interviews, I chose Galchenyuk over a much taller prospect that a lot of people wanted whose name also started with G.

I also wrote off Atvsin because I could see the writing.

I also said Pacioretty needed AHL seasoning.

Back in the Halak vs Price debates, I said Halak was better at the time but Price would be better long term.


my record speaks volumes.


Just like the Therrien debate, I don't like him but he is the best french coach option and people thinking we can fire him are out to lunch because they don't realize there s another better french option.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2014, 08:18 AM
  #7
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator
 
Crimson Skorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lachine, Quebec
Country: Germany
Posts: 27,655
vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
Look up my record.

Based on interviews, I chose Galchenyuk over a much taller prospect that a lot of people wanted whose name also started with G.
A lot of people wanted, based on size.

Everyone and their grandmother knew Galchenyuk was a better prospect. Eventually, by a week around draft day, mostly everyone had changed their tune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
I also wrote off Atvsin because I could see the writing.
I never bought into the Avtsin hype and I never watched a single interview of his. I based it off his play, both with and without the puck and the way he handled himself in all three zones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
I also said Pacioretty needed AHL seasoning.
Did you base that on interviews as well? I based it off of his play in Montreal that left us desiring a little more. I said that sending him to Hamilton was the kick in the ass that he needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
Back in the Halak vs Price debates, I said Halak was better at the time but Price would be better long term.
Again, based on interviews? I wanted Price over Halak, despite the heavy credit I gave to Halak during the 2010 playoffs. Not because of interviews, not because of ethnicity but because Price had a higher ceiling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
my record speaks volumes.
If that's your record, where you base the potential of prospects on interviews, you failed to make your point. Instead, you gave examples that quite a lot of us here held the same opinion, yet did not base it off interviews. That IS what this argument is about, right? You watched a Collberg interview and that was all you needed to know... right? You then listed examples that poorly reflected your "record".

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
Just like the Therrien debate, I don't like him but he is the best french coach option and people thinking we can fire him are out to lunch because they don't realize there s another better french option.
Not really sure what point you are trying to make here. I don't base my opinion of Therrien on what he says in the dressing room which we are privileged to watch on 24CH. I base it on the decisions he makes with his line-up and how he manages player's ice time. Again... nothing to do with interviews or the way they handle themselves in them.

Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2014, 08:30 AM
  #8
Demon Wolf
Registered User
 
Demon Wolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 349
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
watching the first 40 seconds of this video has me writing off any hope I had for Sebastian. His answers are the worst cardboard cutout answers I've ever heard. No individuality, no passion, nothing.

He sounds like Gary Bettman talking about why Florida is a good hockey market.
Will see if I can find it but in a Swedish newspaper he offered opinions on all his teammates, it was hilarious. Funny guy.

Demon Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2014, 02:24 PM
  #9
macavoy
Registered User
 
macavoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 7,322
vCash: 243
I just watched the Sweden vs Russia tape and I reaffirm my position.


Sebastian was invisible in that game. Tell me I'm wrong about him,

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2014, 02:31 PM
  #10
Draft
Registered User
 
Draft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,975
vCash: 500
If you're expecting a lot of passion and "individuality" when talking to a Swede, you're going to have a bad time.

Draft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2014, 03:09 PM
  #11
thaivuN
Cynical Narcissist.
 
thaivuN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,753
vCash: 187
Collberg looks and sounds like Galchenyuk. Same face, Same Voice, just different hair style and color.

thaivuN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2014, 03:19 PM
  #12
Strik_IX
No excuses!
 
Strik_IX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,870
vCash: 1395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
If you're expecting a lot of passion and "individuality" when talking to a Swede, you're going to have a bad time.
This x1000.

In what universe do interviews reflect one's ability to play hockey?

I'm great when it comes to PR, maybe at 32 it's time for me to lace 'em up and put this 170lbs frame to good use.

Strik_IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2014, 01:15 AM
  #13
macavoy
Registered User
 
macavoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 7,322
vCash: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strik_IX View Post
This x1000.

In what universe do interviews reflect one's ability to play hockey?

I'm great when it comes to PR, maybe at 32 it's time for me to lace 'em up and put this 170lbs frame to good use.
Do you think I'm wrong?

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2014, 01:49 AM
  #14
PricerStopDaPuck
#PrayForBozon
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Saskatchewan
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,391
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
watching the first 40 seconds of this video has me writing off any hope I had for Sebastian. His answers are the worst cardboard cutout answers I've ever heard. No individuality, no passion, nothing.

He sounds like Gary Bettman talking about why Florida is a good hockey market.
John Tavares also gives boring cardboard cut out answers. I bet he won't turn out that good.

PricerStopDaPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2014, 01:57 AM
  #15
CanadienShark
Registered User
 
CanadienShark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,090
vCash: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
watching the first 40 seconds of this video has me writing off any hope I had for Sebastian. His answers are the worst cardboard cutout answers I've ever heard. No individuality, no passion, nothing.

He sounds like Gary Bettman talking about why Florida is a good hockey market.
Your "record" does not "speak volumes" either.

CanadienShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2014, 05:58 AM
  #16
muzion
Registered User
 
muzion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: St-Hubert, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 870
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
Do you think I'm wrong?
It's funny how everyone learns the basics of cause and effect relationships at school, yet can't apply them in the real world.

muzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2014, 11:36 AM
  #17
BoNeS42
Registered User
 
BoNeS42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 570
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
Do you think I'm wrong?
All hail our new messiah, macavoy. He will never be wrong.

BoNeS42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2014, 11:41 AM
  #18
macavoy
Registered User
 
macavoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 7,322
vCash: 243
4 replies attacking the poster and not a single one giving a valid reason why they think Collberg will cut the mustard.

My point stands.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2014, 01:06 AM
  #19
WeeBey
Registered User
 
WeeBey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,053
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
4 replies attacking the poster and not a single one giving a valid reason why they think Collberg will cut the mustard.

My point stands.
Because everyones too busy making fun of you for how ridiculous you sound by writing off a prospect based on 40 seconds of interview footage.

WeeBey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2014, 01:25 AM
  #20
JohnLennon
Registered User
 
JohnLennon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,904
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
4 replies attacking the poster and not a single one giving a valid reason why they think Collberg will cut the mustard.

My point stands.
Your point is so ridiculous I thought you were actually joking at first. You're basically trying to say that being a less talkative person is directly correlated with hockey skill. You also ignored the fact that almost every damn hockey player in the world is boring at interviews: Jonathan Toews, John Tavares, Sidney Crosby... yet they are all pretty good NHL hockey players.

Evaluating a 19 year old player doing an interview with foreign media in his secondary language, and using that one interview to evaluate his entire hockey career is literally the most stupid thing I have read in a long time.

We don't know if Collberg will "cut the mustard" but he was pretty damn good in the WJCs, and is definitely a top Habs prospect.

JohnLennon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2014, 01:35 AM
  #21
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 14,940
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
4 replies attacking the poster and not a single one giving a valid reason why they think Collberg will cut the mustard.

My point stands.
well, I for one remember listening to another interview of him a while ago and he was OK, so he'll be a great NHler...

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2014, 05:22 PM
  #22
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban
 
Team_Spirit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 20,350
vCash: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLennon View Post
Your point is so ridiculous I thought you were actually joking at first. You're basically trying to say that being a less talkative person is directly correlated with hockey skill. You also ignored the fact that almost every damn hockey player in the world is boring at interviews: Jonathan Toews, John Tavares, Sidney Crosby... yet they are all pretty good NHL hockey players.

Evaluating a 19 year old player doing an interview with foreign media in his secondary language, and using that one interview to evaluate his entire hockey career is literally the most stupid thing I have read in a long time.

We don't know if Collberg will "cut the mustard" but he was pretty damn good in the WJCs, and is definitely a top Habs prospect.
John Lennon, the man the legend.

This post definitively cut the mustard!


Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2014, 05:27 PM
  #23
TheGoalJudge
Registered User
 
TheGoalJudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,993
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
Look up my record.

Based on interviews, I chose Galchenyuk over a much taller prospect that a lot of people wanted whose name also started with G.

I also wrote off Atvsin because I could see the writing.

I also said Pacioretty needed AHL seasoning.

Back in the Halak vs Price debates, I said Halak was better at the time but Price would be better long term.


my record speaks volumes.


Just like the Therrien debate, I don't like him but he is the best french coach option and people thinking we can fire him are out to lunch because they don't realize there s another better french option.
You realize all those things were popular opinions right?

You really needed interviews to see Galchenyuk was better than Grigorenko or Price has more potential than Halak?

TheGoalJudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2014, 05:27 PM
  #24
JohnLennon
Registered User
 
JohnLennon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,904
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
John Lennon, the man the legend.

This post definitively cut the mustard!

Hahaha! You're a beauty!

JohnLennon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2014, 05:37 PM
  #25
Toro
Registered User
 
Toro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,745
vCash: 500
Oh u guys having fun here? It's funny for me to read all U guys and the quotes of the legend macovoy. Cause I don't get to see the legend's posts anymore unless their quoted. Funny huh?

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:00 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.