HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

John Moore

Closed Thread

Old
01-06-2014, 02:53 PM
BBKers

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
John Moore

Got a feeling John Moore is going to be the new whipping boy around here as soon as M del Zotto is moved.
Thoughts on this?
I like his skating but he is rough around the edges on his D still
Got a pretty good shot
Has a way to go

BTW - A bit out there - Here is a picture of John Moore wearing a Winnetka Warriors uniform. Played in the youth organization of this North suburban club outside of Chicago for my entire youth. Even spent a couple of years here on the same team as Adam Baldwin (Full Metal Jacket, My Bodyguard, Independence Day...) way back when sleazy mustached pot smokers were the thing to be... Good times. Still remember the candy machine in that old rink by Willow Road. Really nice to see someone make it pro from that organisation.

Old
01-06-2014, 03:03 PM
The Gloaming
Free Jesper Fast

Isn't Winnetka that rich Chicago suburb where Home Alone was filmed?

As for John Moore, I have hated him all year. Don't know if he's had one good game yet. Big deal he can skate. What good is it if he can't defend, playmake, score goals, be physical, or play hockey.

Old
01-06-2014, 03:08 PM
Brady Skjei

He's been playing like crap. So many people are quick to jump all over everything Del Zotto does but he's been without question better than Moore this season.

Moore showed us what he may be capable of last year and has done absolutely nothing to back it up this year. He has to turn his game around. He probably will become the whipping boy once DZ is gone, and so far deservedly so.

Old
01-06-2014, 03:10 PM
JCrusher*

I have been disappointed since he did well last year BUT he is still very young and hopefully will get better. he is a great skater who has some offensive upside. i just hope his defense improves over the next few years

Old
01-06-2014, 03:10 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgorangers19 View Post
He's been playing like crap. So many people are quick to jump all over everything Del Zotto does but he's been without question better than Moore this season.

Moore showed us what he may be capable of last year and has done absolutely nothing to back it up this year. He has to turn his game around. He probably will become the whipping boy once DZ is gone, and so far deservedly so.
John Moore = Tom Poti 2.0 at least he does remind me of that lately... he needs to watch how he played last year. i think this year he is afraid to make a mistake...

Old
01-06-2014, 03:16 PM
parcsalooc

I'm thinking Matt Gilroy 2.0

Old
01-06-2014, 03:17 PM
Zats Muccarello
Grinder

Does he have any trade value?

Old
01-06-2014, 03:42 PM
Gardner McKay
Global Moderator
Last Mango In Paris

vCash: 50
Id keep dz over him. Moore impressed me last year. This year... Another story. Oddly enough, same thing with del zotto.

They keep calling out my name, I shout it down
--
Old
01-06-2014, 03:44 PM
Brian Boyle
ZibaneFAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parcsalooc View Post
Good comparison.

01-06-2014, 03:55 PM
Raspewtin
Xanny family

I love his toolset, but the fact that he's accomplished nothing at the AHL or NHL level and he's already 23 is some what alarming.

Also the fact that he keeps getting a pass over an established NHL'er in MDZ is disgraceful.

"It's going to be a zoo no matter what, Staalmania, Staals everywhre, omg Staal on Staal action, three brothers hockeying! Staal returning to Carolina omg what news! All the feels he is feel..." - Ail on Eric Staal's return to Carolina.
Old
01-06-2014, 04:02 PM
ColonialsHockey10

I think I've made my opinion on Moore quite clear around here.

He unintentionally gets a pass from some posters here because he's a great skater and seems like a good, down to earth person.

Fact of the matter is he's a horrible defenseman that was looking like a bust well before he was traded here. It's not a matter of trading MDZ or Moore, because Moore's value is about half of what MDZ's is.

Old
01-06-2014, 04:08 PM
Clausewitz

He has the physical assets to be successful but lacks vision; nor does he anticipate well. Video sessions may refine certain skills; those sessions do not, however, transform consistently underwhelming third-pairing performances into respectable second-pairing ones. Also: For all my cynicism towards DZ, and my oscillating desire to trade him, how about making him a forward for one or two games?

Old
01-06-2014, 04:19 PM
mrhockey193195

Moore showed promise last year. Let's hope he can find that form again soon. But given what they've accomplished thus far in their careers, I hold on to MDZ over Moore 100 times out of 100.

Old
01-06-2014, 04:26 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

hes been WAY worse than MDZ.

Old
01-06-2014, 04:47 PM
mint
Connor Hockey

vCash: 4769
He was the new McDonagh I thought?

Old
01-06-2014, 05:06 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Tom Poti 2.0

Rangers should have tried for Dalton Prout instead of Moore.. Prout is a RH version of Sauer.. he would have been more of a need. Moore is a 5th 6th dman at best right now and even that he is not doing that well... too inconsistent to be a top 4.

Old
01-06-2014, 05:14 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

He should be a whipping boy right now. Hes worse on the ice than MDZ - I think the issue with MDZ, for the fans at least, is they've seen enough of him after 4+ seasons. The only reason I put Moore and MDZ on the same plane in terms of value is because Moore is cheaper and cost controlled.

Once you get beyond the smell test with Moore, and look beyond his skating/rushing ability, you see a guy that stills extremely raw.

Old
01-06-2014, 05:18 PM
Zamboner
Your move, creep.

I'd package him a deal for a forward tomorrow. That skill set will be appealing to a lot of GMs. Luckily they'll have no idea the head that's on top of that body, and they might give up something good.

Old
01-06-2014, 05:27 PM
Mikos87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clausewitz View Post
He has the physical assets to be successful but lacks vision; nor does he anticipate well. Video sessions may refine certain skills; those sessions do not, however, transform consistently underwhelming third-pairing performances into respectable second-pairing ones. Also: For all my cynicism towards DZ, and my oscillating desire to trade him, how about making him a forward for one or two games?
Hmm that is an out of the box move. Worked well for Brent Burns, might do good for DZ and the team. He does have offensive ability that other forwards on the team don't. But it is something that you practice first and see.

What I would do is treat DZ and Moore as a pair. Both seem to compete against each other a bit and play an immature game this season.

Perhaps with the ship not as rigid as it was under Torts, some of what it means to be 23, rich, and in the biggest city in the world is bleeding over onto the ice with these two.

After seeing how effective both were as a pair playing pressure free minutes in TOR leads me to believe that they can be an offensive pairing that the team has never had. They actually communicated and stayed composed out there. Even displaying a little swagger after it was 5-1.

While true they were playing sheltered minutes and getting favorable zone starts, the two did well together, something that couldn't be said for the 1st half of the season.

What disappoints me the most about Johnny Moore is that he dropped 10 lbs coming into camp this season. Watching him getting rag dolled by Engylland the other night shows the strength he's lost, and how easy he is to bowl over.

He should have added more weight and came in with a Kreider, Miller, McDonough build at 6'3" 225 instead of 6'3" 205. Hockey is a game of physical maturity, and with his skating ability with 20 more pounds of muscle, Johnny Moore would be closer to being looked at as a little Mac Truck like he was last year when he clocked in at 6'3" 215.

He's gotten pummeled and bowled over a few times this season. He's going to get rag dolled if he isn't built like a hockey player. Him going after a male model physique isn't going to make him a better hockey player.

As far as Moore v DZ?

DZ over Moore. Yesterday. Today. Tomorrow.

Old
01-06-2014, 05:42 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by parcsalooc View Post
Talk about a fall from grace sheesh. This board was in love with this guy just 5 months ago, he went from the new McD to Gilroy in less than half a year lol

Old
01-06-2014, 05:45 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Amazing that people are surprised that the players the Rangers got for an ineffective Gaborik are flawed.

01-06-2014, 06:07 PM
RangersHank*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
Tom Poti 2.0

Rangers should have tried for Dalton Prout instead of Moore.. Prout is a RH version of Sauer.. he would have been more of a need. Moore is a 5th 6th dman at best right now and even that he is not doing that well... too inconsistent to be a top 4.
Sauer is RH so how is Prout a RH version of him?

Old
01-06-2014, 06:17 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersHank View Post
Sauer is RH so how is Prout a RH version of him?
they are the same type of player, defensive dman.

Old
01-06-2014, 06:21 PM
RangersHank*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
they are the same type of player, defensive dman.
Still makes no sense lol

Old
01-06-2014, 10:07 PM
TheTakedown
Puck is Life

Watching the Beginnings episode for John moore right now...

my armchair GM senses via TV show report:

Kid is definitely competitive, driven, smart, devoted.

BUT

He's also immature, a bit slow spoken (perhaps he is not the fastest thinker?), and he is a richie.... family definitely has ALOT of money, unlike alot of these players that come from nothing, or huge families. He may not have the "I work my way to the top" mentality just because of his background.

I have a feeling the kid has serious potential, but he's going to have to be broken in, in a serious manner, with no ********... AV needs to do a number on him in a good way.

Closed Thread