HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ryan Callahan

Old
01-21-2007, 03:46 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
and why exactly would Morrison be available?
that's the rumor.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2007, 03:48 PM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
a defensively responsible third line with guys who also have decent speed and scoring capability? As well, a decent group of forecheckers? On a third line?
Everything comes down to two things:

1. The Rangers getting a second line center.

2. The Rangers actually willing to build a third line.

The first part requires management to make smart moves.

The second requires Renney to actually put the pieces together.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2007, 04:51 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
that's the rumor.
from where?

I think it's a fit, and someone I was considering when Vancouver was outside the playoffs, but why they would now is beyond me

Brian Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2007, 05:06 PM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
from where?

I think it's a fit, and someone I was considering when Vancouver was outside the playoffs, but why they would now is beyond me
It's been pretty well circulated in the papers and around the league.

But several things to keep in mind:

Up until the last week, week and a half Morrison was on about a 14 goal, 35 point pace. He's not making a huge salary but the general feeling was that the Canucks could move him, maybe get some younger talent back and go from there.

Also it possibly frees up salary for them to make a different move. But of course all that could be out the window if Morrison starts performing up to his usual standards (25 goals, 60 some odd points).

Old
01-21-2007, 05:59 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
It's been pretty well circulated in the papers and around the league.
such as? I think Zipay mentioned him as a guy that would be a fit for the Rangers, but not that Vancouver was interested in moving him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
Up until the last week, week and a half Morrison was on about a 14 goal, 35 point pace. He's not making a huge salary but the general feeling was that the Canucks could move him, maybe get some younger talent back and go from there.
which would make sense to me, if they weren't leading their division and on a huge run right now.

Brian Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2007, 06:04 PM
Fletch

Garioch..

also rumored that Morrison may be moved - maybe not reliable, but there have been a couple 'sources' of rumors out there.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2007, 06:27 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
a defensively responsible third line with guys who also have decent speed and scoring capability? As well, a decent group of forecheckers? On a third line?
Nah...sounds like Renney's choice for a 2nd line center. Oh wait, he is.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2007, 12:12 AM
Edge

Quote:
such as? I think Zipay mentioned him as a guy that would be a fit for the Rangers, but not that Vancouver was interested in moving him.
It's been a few places here and there and I think Canucks fans talked about it quite a bit too. Now in terms of remembering exactly when and where it was mentioned I honestly couldn't tell you at this point off the top of my head.

Quote:
which would make sense to me, if they weren't leading their division and on a huge run right now.
Not necessarily. If they were/are eyeing a different center (say maybe Forsberg to play with Naslund) than they've got to move someone else's salary.

So one approach is that you trade a guy you think is underachieving at the center spot, get some younger talent in return and then include that talent in a deal to get the guy you want. The Rangers and Flyers, with rare exceptions, are not likely to strike too many deals whereas Vancouver now becomes the lynch pin.

Not saying that's exactly what the situation is but there are many reasons why a deal would make sense from Vancouvers perspective. Also it doesn't necessarily matter if the team is on a run if you feel you're not getting production from a player. Of course in Rangerland that usually means you don't make a trade and wait till you go on an equally as long losing streak, but if the Canucks weren't/aren't happy with what they see in Morrison (which I personally don't know) I doubt any run would make a particular difference in their approach to "Bettering" their club.

Old
01-22-2007, 01:18 AM
Pizza

The way things are going in New York right now Cally could be there soon. He'll have some adjustments to make, but he should do okay.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote