Florida in the market for top 4 defenseman

Closed Thread

Old
01-28-2004, 05:24 AM
Swervedriver

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Swervedriver
Florida in the market for top 4 defenseman

According to TSN, Rick Dudley is looking to acquire a top 4 defenseman. It was mentioned in the article that Hagman and Huselius are on the block. Dudley is not looking for a short term fix. He wants someone for the long term. www.tsn.ca/nhl select Florida as the team, it's the top story.

Since Jillson is picking his nose in the pressbox, how about we swing a deal that nabs us Huselius and Florida's 1st rounder in 2004? They can keep Hagman. Jillson could be replaced by 2004 defensive prospect Mike Green. The thought of owning two picks in the 1st round could pot us Mike Green and Enver Lisin.

How about it?

Old
01-28-2004, 05:48 AM
blurbruin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swervedriver
According to TSN, Rick Dudley is looking to acquire a top 4 defenseman. It was mentioned in the article that Hagman and Huselius are on the block. Dudley is not looking for a short term fix. He wants someone for the long term. www.tsn.ca/nhl select Florida as the team, it's the top story.

Since Jillson is picking his nose in the pressbox, how about we swing a deal that nabs us Huselius and Florida's 1st rounder in 2004? They can keep Hagman. Jillson could be replaced by 2004 defensive prospect Mike Green. The thought of owning two picks in the 1st round could pot us Mike Green and Enver Lisin.

How about it?
I really think Jillson isn't getting a fair deal here... I don't see why we don't ship away some of our UFA dmen and let him play.

Old
01-28-2004, 05:52 AM
BostonBob
4 Ever The Greatest

If the deal was offered as such then I am sure that O'Connell would jump at
it. But I really don't think that it is a very realistic proposal - we might get Huselius
for Jillson but that is it. I'm afraid that the more I see of Jillson the less I am
convinced that he will ever be a top 4 defenceman. I hope that I am wrong but I
think the guys we need to build around on the blueline are Morrisonn, Stuart
and Jonsson ( if we can ever sign him and get him here ). None of them may be
Superstars but all 3 can be studs on the blueline.

Old
01-28-2004, 06:10 AM
DFENS44

whatever, send HAL GILL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swervedriver

How about it?
Repeat, send HAL GILL

Old
01-28-2004, 06:19 AM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFENS44
Repeat, send HAL GILL
Hall has been solid for us for pretty much the whole year...I wouldn't trade him right now unless we're getting a good deal out of it.

Old
01-28-2004, 10:53 AM
Jake3648

Its Gill that will be moved before the deadline...OD and McGillis will not survice the NHL's Cap restructure.....Gill can still play for 4 or 5 years after the lockout.....OC will wait until the deadline is near, move Gill for a decent second line scorer (lord knows we need one) insert Jillson back into the lineup where he should have been all along.....contracts dictate who plays after all......Jillson will then not be able to meet his lucrative incentives, the B's will have that scoring forward they need desparately and they will not get out of the second round....if they can get by a high conference seed in the first round.....it's all about money and the APPEARANCE of trying to better the team.....

Closed Thread