HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Mark Andre' Cliche

Old
01-21-2007, 05:05 PM
DarthSather99

vCash: 500
Mark Andre' Cliche

http://hockeysfuture.com/articles/9398

Quote:
"We were fortunate to get him," said the New York Rangers Assistant General Manager and Vice-President of Player Personnel Don Maloney to Hockey’s Future in Sweden. "We didn’t really know Cliche until we hired Tim Murray not long before the 2005 draft. Murray was scouting for the Anaheim Ducks until then and he had seen Cliche playing many times and he strongly recommended us to draft him.
good job Tim Murray

DarthSather99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2007, 05:11 PM
Edge

Funny how Maloney see's him as a third line player. I see him more as a potential second liner if he puts everything together.

The one thing the Rangers could have a lot of in a few years are guys who are borderline second/third line players who play a two way game.

You really have Cliche, Korpikoski and Callahan who could fit that role. Not that it's a bad thing, but I do sometimes get a little concerned that this team keeps going for certain types of players in abundance and we end up with a similar situation to what we have no in terms of not enough diversity.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2007, 05:53 PM
ATLANTARANGER*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSather99 View Post
Isn't he one of the same old, same olds doing our drafting?

ATLANTARANGER* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2007, 06:35 PM
SuperUnknown

Cliche could be a more intense Matt Cullen.

SuperUnknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2007, 06:41 PM
ATLANTARANGER*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkside Cowboy View Post
I would settle for a Matt Cullen that stays on his skates!

ATLANTARANGER* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2007, 07:00 PM
Mark Pavelich

Send a message via AIM to Mark Pavelich
One thing that is nice to see is Maloney giving credit to someone when he didn't have to. Even beyond sports it seems as though everyone tries to take credit for everything good and points the finger when something goes south.

Mark Pavelich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2007, 07:31 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

I thought this was going to be a joke about the Penguins goalie...

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2007, 08:10 PM
Anthony Mauro
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkside Cowboy View Post
He looks alot like Rucinsky.

WEB - http://www.draftbuzzhockey.com
TWITTER - https://twitter.com/draftbuzzhockey
Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2007, 08:14 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Il Ragazzone View Post
He looks alot like Rucinsky.
Great comparison and one that I can really agree with. I see him as a high energy, two-way 2nd line player at his prime.

"Okay, Joel. You've had your fun. Give your brother his pads back." - Trxjw
Bird Law is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2007, 08:19 PM
Fletch

Rucinsky...

was never high energy. Before he came to the Rangers, he was a very inconsistent forward. With the Rangers, I had little complaints except for last season post his injury. If Cliche becomes the Rucinsky that the Rangers saw for the most part, I wouldn't be too upset. If he becomes 'Rosie', then that's a different story.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2007, 08:25 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
was never high energy. Before he came to the Rangers, he was a very inconsistent forward. With the Rangers, I had little complaints except for last season post his injury. If Cliche becomes the Rucinsky that the Rangers saw for the most part, I wouldn't be too upset. If he becomes 'Rosie', then that's a different story.
When Rosie was here, I thought he was pretty high energy. I'm not talking an Orts level of high energy, but Rosie was always skating around out there trying to get open or making a good defensive play. Maybe a better phrase would be "non-lazy", since I guess you could argue that Rosie here wasn't high energy.

Old
01-21-2007, 08:41 PM
Fletch

I never put the words...

'high energy' and 'Rosie' together. I thought he was a smooth skater who would play well along the boards, take the body enough, and get things done. He seemed to do everything methodically. I mostly liked him during his tenures here.

Old
01-21-2007, 08:48 PM
Anthony Mauro
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
'high energy' and 'Rosie' together. I thought he was a smooth skater who would play well along the boards, take the body enough, and get things done. He seemed to do everything methodically. I mostly liked him during his tenures here.
Rucinsky always kept his feet moving. That is the other definition of high energy to me. You do not always have to plaster guys into the boards like Hollweg to be called high energy. Wherever he was on the ice, Rucinsky was either breaking up plays with great backchecking due to his speed or creating offensive chances.

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2007, 08:57 PM
Fletch

I think I have a different definition...

of 'high energy'. You have guys like Hollweg and Ortmeyer, then you have a guy like Straka. I didn't think Rucinsky fell into the Straka category. But it's semantics - I think we all liked Rucinsky for the most part.

Old
01-21-2007, 09:24 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
of 'high energy'. You have guys like Hollweg and Ortmeyer, then you have a guy like Straka. I didn't think Rucinsky fell into the Straka category. But it's semantics - I think we all liked Rucinsky for the most part.
I know I appreciated him here. I felt really disappointed and kind of let down when he didn't sign the 1 year deal with us.

Old
01-21-2007, 09:30 PM
Fletch

I was actually fine...

this team actually did better without him - Prucha flourished, for one, and the record was a good deal better. Rucinsky is a guy Renney trusts with 18 minutes of ice time - unfortunately there are few players like that, but you need those guys.

Old
01-21-2007, 10:39 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
this team actually did better without him - Prucha flourished, for one, and the record was a good deal better. Rucinsky is a guy Renney trusts with 18 minutes of ice time - unfortunately there are few players like that, but you need those guys.
and u need to be above the age of 30 for renney to trust u, or a boarderline ahl/nhl depth player.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2007, 12:03 AM
Edge

Quote:
Yeah I tend to associate high energy with guys like Hollweg or Ortmeyer, not necessarily a guy who keeps skating all the time.

It's kind of like how power forward keeps getting turned into a broader and broader term so the eventually anyone who has size and strength is suddenly a power forward because that size allows them to not be stopped by other players (aka Jagr).

I liked Rucinsky for the most part, wasn't as in love with him as some, but high energy doesn't pop into my mind when I hear his name either.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2007, 01:28 AM
Pizza

That move Cliche pulled in the last few seconds of the 2nd game against the U.S. was a beauty. He showed some talent and almost won the game.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote