HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Briere second goal: Kick or not?

Old
01-21-2007, 07:49 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

vCash: 500
even if it was off his skate, was it a complete kicking motion? That's debateable.

So inconclusive would be the right call so you go with the ref's original call.

But I'm pretty sure it hit his stick.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2007, 08:18 PM
JrHockeyFan

Hmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMMR View Post
I would say he kicked it towards his stick it hit his stick and then went in I believe the correct call was made.
I kinda thought the same thing, but it is so hard to tell. But I also think he definitely kicked it forward with his skate

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2007, 08:29 PM
JrHockeyFan

Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimy1221 View Post
who cares we won
Hey i just wondered what others might have seen and judged. It was a lot more debatable than the announcers considered as can be seen by the wide variety of opinions so far in this topic.

I live in SW Ontario so, it was a rare opportunity to see the game coverage on CBC via Centre Ice. It was certainly disappointing to have to listen to Harry Neal. I never have liked what he brings to the game. Particulary when Montreal is involved.

PS: No offense, but if you don't have any interest or care about the topic, why bother posting?

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2007, 10:09 PM
Le Maroons

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan View Post
Hey i just wondered what others might have seen and judged. It was a lot more debatable than the announcers considered as can be seen by the wide variety of opinions so far in this topic.

I live in SW Ontario so, it was a rare opportunity to see the game coverage on CBC via Centre Ice. It was certainly disappointing to have to listen to Harry Neal. I never have liked what he brings to the game. Particulary when Montreal is involved.

PS: No offense, but if you don't have any interest or care about the topic, why bother posting?
SW Ontario as well... My opinion is that the play was so close they couldn't disallow the goal. Plus, they may have concluded there was no kicking motion and the puck touching the stick wasn't even an issue.

Harry Neale... simply needs to go away. Do you think we'll have to endure Glenn Healy for very much longer, he's my second least favourite hockey 'expert'.

Le Maroons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2007, 02:43 AM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooBlancRouge View Post
You're right about that. I just looked this up. Here's Rule 70a from the NHL Rulebook:

Kicking the puck shall be permitted in all zones. A goal cannot be scored by an attacking player who uses a distinct kicking motion to propel the puck into the net. A goal cannot be scored by an attacking player who kicks a puck that deflects into the net off any player, goalkeeper or Official.

1. A kicked puck that deflects off the body of any player of either team (including the goalkeeper) shall be ruled NO GOAL.
2. A kicked puck that deflects off ANY stick (excluding the goalkeeper's stick) shall be ruled a GOOD GOAL. After the puck has been kicked, makes contact with any stick and then deflects off any player (excluding the goalkeeper) and into the net will still be ruled a GOOD GOAL.
3. The player who kicks the puck and has the puck deflect off his OWN stick and then into the net, this will be ruled a GOOD GOAL.

So it's not a goal if it deflects off a body but it IS a goal if it deflects off any stick but the goalie's.

But you are allowed to direct the puck with your skate. What you arent allowed is a distinct kicking motion.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote