HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Notices

Hrdina

Closed Thread

Old
01-28-2004, 12:04 AM
barnaby63

vCash: 500
Hrdina

What would the Coyotes want in return from the Rangers for Jan Hrdina? A pick or prospect?

Thanks.

Old
01-28-2004, 12:27 AM
Gwyddbwyll

Well to get Hrdina they gave up a pretty good prospect in Ramzi Abid (plus former 1st rounder Dan Focht) so its going to have be something along that kind of quality.. Im not sure from your post whether you expected him to be cheaper.

Hrdina + Burke could be a pretty attractive package for the Rangers but Im not sure they have an equally suitable package to send back to Phoenix who would be looking for good youngsters and high picks. I guess Tom Poti fits but the Rangers certainly wont give him up.

Old
01-28-2004, 12:30 AM
PhoPhan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevex
Well to get Hrdina they gave up a pretty good prospect in Ramzi Abid (plus former 1st rounder Dan Focht) so its going to have be something along that kind of quality.. Im not sure from your post whether you expected him to be cheaper.

Hrdina + Burke could be a pretty attractive package for the Rangers but Im not sure they have an equally suitable package to send back to Phoenix who would be looking for good youngsters and high picks. I guess Tom Poti fits but the Rangers certainly wont give him up.
Tjutin, Lundmark, Jessiman, Murray, picks in the first 3 round; these all would entice Phoenix. Honestly though, Hrdina might be expensive as he has developed some chemistry with Coyotes' leading goalscorer Ladislav Nagy.

Old
01-28-2004, 12:35 AM
ParisSaintGermain

I would be disappointed if we gave up Hrdina for a prospect. Not that I particulary like him but I think that at some stage we just need proper NHL players, not only prospects that may or may not blossom in a few years. Don't you think so?

Old
01-28-2004, 12:36 AM
Gwyddbwyll

Yep but Abid was a developing power forward with 10 goals in his first 30 NHL games. That makes his trade value pretty high..

Really Sillinger looks like the odd center out in Phoenix. Or even Kolanos.

Old
01-28-2004, 12:51 AM
ParisSaintGermain

[QUOTE=Stevex]Yep but Abid was a developing power forward with 10 goals in his first 30 NHL games. That makes his trade value pretty high..

I believe that Sillinger was brought in not for the points he would give to the team but for the face offs he would win. Last year was a face offs disaster in Phoenix and I think the management wanted to correct that.
For Abid, I think he is a good prospect but at the same time he is so injury prone that you wouldn't bet your house on him. But i agree that he was becoming a factor, especially on the power play.
If you were the Phoenix management, would you redo that Hrdina trade?

Old
01-28-2004, 05:10 AM
Nsane2Bme

vCash:
[QUOTE=ParisSaintGermain]
Quote:
Yep but Abid was a developing power forward with 10 goals in his first 30 NHL games. That makes his trade value pretty high..

I believe that Sillinger was brought in not for the points he would give to the team but for the face offs he would win. Last year was a face offs disaster in Phoenix and I think the management wanted to correct that.For Abid, I think he is a good prospect but at the same time he is so injury prone that you wouldn't bet your house on him. But i agree that he was becoming a factor, especially on the power play.
I have to agree with this you on this one. Sillinger was on my fantasy hockey team last year, and I was surprised at the amount of FW I got out of him. By far more than anyone else on my team. Granted, it was the first year I was in one, but IMO, the only way to learn the players in the league is through the fantasy leagues.

Old
01-28-2004, 08:25 AM
Gwyddbwyll

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisSaintGermain
I believe that Sillinger was brought in not for the points he would give to the team but for the face offs he would win. Last year was a face offs disaster in Phoenix and I think the management wanted to correct that.
For Abid, I think he is a good prospect but at the same time he is so injury prone that you wouldn't bet your house on him. But i agree that he was becoming a factor, especially on the power play.
Definitely.. I really like what Hrdina brings. Im just saying Abid's trade value was very high indeed (and probably too high - good asset management). I would venture to say it was higher than any of the Rangers prospects are now. Plus we threw in Focht. Jessiman and Tjutin look great but they havent proven themselves yet to the point Abid had and young powerforwards are just about the hardest commodity to get.

Sillinger, Hrdina, and Gratton are all in the top 20-30 in the league in career faceoffs.. I think we can probably deal one without suffering too much plus it gives Taffe/Kolanos an opportunity. Sillinger is going to be an UFA anyway isnt he?

Old
01-28-2004, 01:03 PM
ParisSaintGermain

Quote:
Definitely.. I really like what Hrdina brings. Im just saying Abid's trade value was very high indeed (and probably too high - good asset management). I would venture to say it was higher than any of the Rangers prospects are now. Plus we threw in Focht. Jessiman and Tjutin look great but they havent proven themselves yet to the point Abid had and young powerforwards are just about the hardest commodity to get.

Sillinger, Hrdina, and Gratton are all in the top 20-30 in the league in career faceoffs.. I think we can probably deal one without suffering too much plus it gives Taffe/Kolanos an opportunity. Sillinger is going to be an UFA anyway isnt he?
I understand your view about Abid. It is true that he is ready for the NHL when the rangers prospects you named are still a bit away from it. I was surprised to see him go last year when he started to look like establishing himself but I suppose the Coyotes thought Hrdina was an opportunity to good to be missed at that stage.

Closed Thread