HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

2014 WJC in Sweden. When? and How? | General talk (tickets, hotels, etc)

Closed Thread

Old
01-04-2014, 11:58 AM
Jocke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurMartin View Post
Swedish reporter interviews canadian fans. http://www.svt.se/sport/ishockey/article1708078.svt
(Not sure if this has been posted already, but I love it.)
Nice! I'm pretty sure that Canadian security guard is a bit tipsy..

Old
01-04-2014, 02:56 PM
Sharppi
Nothing to see here

vCash: 827
Okay, gotta ask this question. I'm not sure if this is against the rules or not but if you have available tickets for sale for the tomorrows SWE-FIN final, please send me a private message.

If this against the rules, I'm sorry.

Old
01-04-2014, 07:18 PM
MrJonas
Ekblads of Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurMartin View Post
Swedish reporter interviews canadian fans. http://www.svt.se/sport/ishockey/article1708078.svt
(Not sure if this has been posted already, but I love it.)
Not 100 but I think foreigners are IP-blocked from SVT as it's public service.

Old
01-04-2014, 09:47 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJonas View Post
Not 100 but I think foreigners are IP-blocked from SVT as it's public service.
Unfortunately Swedes at SVT learned to geoblock their stuff some years ago. Before that us Finns could watch all their stuff as well.

Old
01-04-2014, 10:31 PM
Son of Krypton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
Unfortunately Swedes at SVT learned to geoblock their stuff some years ago. Before that us Finns could watch all their stuff as well.
Well, if you go here and click on "Kan ses utomlands" (on the right, under "Rättigheter"), you'll get a list of all the shows available outside Sweden.

See, you can still watch "Ei saa peittää"!

There's no filter for the clips, though. You'll have to look at the description below each one.
For instance, this one is geo-blocked ("Kan endast ses i Sverige").
But this one shouldn't be ("Kan ses i hela världen").

Old
01-04-2014, 10:44 PM
wirelessflyingcord
An Oxymoron

The fan interview clip works.

Has the beard guy shaved?

Old
01-04-2014, 11:19 PM
wirelessflyingcord
An Oxymoron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgust View Post
Sound like you had a great time

Haha, how Swede isn't that?

In Finland: same otherwise, but with 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th person removed from the picture.

Old
01-05-2014, 08:15 AM
MrJonas
Ekblads of Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by wirelessflyingcord View Post
In Finland: same otherwise, but with 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th person removed from the picture.
Can't you just accept that Swedes are socially awkward too and leave it at that? You (Finns) don't always have to try to make these claims to outdo us.

Old
01-05-2014, 11:13 AM
Harks

Got a ticket left (final) if anyone's around the arena. PM if interested.

Old
01-05-2014, 11:31 AM
Jonimaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harks View Post
Got a ticket left (final) if anyone's around the arena. PM if interested.
Why didn't you post this an hour ago.

Old
01-05-2014, 01:41 PM
GuillaumeLetsundress*
Formerly Pheramone

does anyone know the names of songs that play inbetween whistles? the euro dance music, i cant get enough of it

Old
01-05-2014, 02:10 PM
Anders

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuillaumeLetsundress View Post
does anyone know the names of songs that play inbetween whistles? the euro dance music, i cant get enough of it
I just heard: Darude - Sandstorm
http://open.spotify.com/track/6Sy9BUbgFse0n0LPA5lwy5

Old
01-05-2014, 05:39 PM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuillaumeLetsundress View Post
Sandro Silva ft. Quintino - Epic
Avicii - Hey Brother

Must've been two of the most played songs.

Old
01-05-2014, 08:20 PM
CaptainCatfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJonas View Post
Can't you just accept that Swedes are socially awkward too and leave it at that? You (Finns) don't always have to try to make these claims to outdo us.
Well hes actully right... Finnish people are even more socially awkward

Old
01-06-2014, 04:12 AM
Mr Leth

With the tourney being over it's slightly entertaining to go back and see the discussions in the begining of this thread.
I guess Malmö didn't really live up to many of the expectations...

Old
01-06-2014, 10:32 AM
Franck
Insolent Upstart

vCash: 50
Didn't really have any time to go anywhere but the arena during this weekend so I'm not making a final judgement by any means, but what I saw of Malmö going from the arena to the hotel sure didn't encourage me to come back in the future. Not because it looked like the dangerous, lawless place some suggested it was at the start of the thread, it just looked incredibly boring. An entire city built on terrible 1950s town planning.

Now, Malmö Arena on the other hand is absolutely spectacular. Definitely the best sports facility I've ever visited. Scandinavium is an absolute dump by comparison.

Old
01-06-2014, 07:32 PM
wirelessflyingcord
An Oxymoron

In Finland the gold medal game got 953 000 viewers by average, and maxed at 1,3 million. This is the combined result of a pay channel and a free-to-view channel. Source. (Reminder: population of Finland: 5 400 000).

Few points: the gold medal game was the only one aired on a free-to-view channel, rest of Finland's games + both semis were on a pay channel and on a webstream service. This might have been preplanned, but was only revealed after the semifinal, so very little time to advertise it. Also, it was aired on the company's, nationally available but a "secondary" type channel.

I think that is pretty good, comparable to Men's WC.

Old
01-06-2014, 08:33 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by wirelessflyingcord View Post
In Finland the gold medal game got 953 000 viewers by average, and maxed at 1,3 million. This is the combined result of a pay channel and a free-to-view channel. Source. (Reminder: population of Finland: 5 400 000).

Few points: the gold medal game was the only one aired on a free-to-view channel, rest of Finland's games + both semis were on a pay channel and on a webstream service. This might have been preplanned, but was only revealed after the semifinal, so very little time to advertise it. Also, it was aired on the company's, nationally available but a "secondary" type channel.

I think that is pretty good, comparable to Men's WC.
It'll be interesting to see how that figure is split between Sub and pay-tv, when Finnpanel publishes last week's tv ratings.

Old
01-07-2014, 07:08 AM
Teus

I had such a blast being able to go to a bunch of games. Canada vs USA on New Year's Eve was probably my personal highlight.

With the negative comments beforehand, I'm extra happy the tournament was a success. I hope to see World Jrs here again some day.

Old
01-07-2014, 07:37 AM
Huffman

Average 1 564 000 viewers in sweden, peaked at 1 953 000. SVT play viewers are not included in these numbers. Ridiculous amount of viewers, probably means SVT (who basically built this tournament in Sweden) won't afford it in the future.

Old
01-07-2014, 05:43 PM
KRM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffman View Post
Average 1 564 000 viewers in sweden, peaked at 1 953 000. SVT play viewers are not included in these numbers. Ridiculous amount of viewers, probably means SVT (who basically built this tournament in Sweden) won't afford it in the future.
Great, then we'll probably get to see World U18 coverage from them in the future instead, more hockey for us.

Old
01-07-2014, 05:45 PM
KRM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franck View Post
Didn't really have any time to go anywhere but the arena during this weekend so I'm not making a final judgement by any means, but what I saw of Malmö going from the arena to the hotel sure didn't encourage me to come back in the future. Not because it looked like the dangerous, lawless place some suggested it was at the start of the thread, it just looked incredibly boring. An entire city built on terrible 1950s town planning.

Now, Malmö Arena on the other hand is absolutely spectacular. Definitely the best sports facility I've ever visited. Scandinavium is an absolute dump by comparison.
Really? For being 40 years newer I didn't find Malmö Arena at all being that much better than Scandinavium or most other facilities in the SHL. Poor execution on many things in the arena, the only A+ was the lower bowl.

About the town, really nice Danish/German feel to the inner city, but you only have to walk a few blocks to be in commie land.

Old
01-07-2014, 06:27 PM
Franck
Insolent Upstart

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRM View Post
Really? For being 40 years newer I didn't find Malmö Arena at all being that much better than Scandinavium or most other facilities in the SHL. Poor execution on many things in the arena, the only A+ was the lower bowl.

About the town, really nice Danish/German feel to the inner city, but you only have to walk a few blocks to be in commie land.
Admittedly I haven't been to Scandinavium since about 2006 or so. I guess it could have improved since then, but I remember it taking an eternity to get anything from the concession stands and the green seats being absolutely awful.

Watching the final from a seat right right by the glass for the first time was almost a life-altering experience.

And the Scandic hotel I (and apparently the Finnish team) was staying at was definitely in or right on the edge of "commie land".

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRM View Post
Great, then we'll probably get to see World U18 coverage from them in the future instead, more hockey for us.
The issue with the U18's is that unlike the U20's there's no serious TV production of it. It has been covered on SVT Play in the past but the production has been very basic, pretty much just one camera and no graphics. SVT would have to fund such production themselves if they wanted to cover the tournament seriously.

Old
01-07-2014, 07:21 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
It'll be interesting to see how that figure is split between Sub and pay-tv, when Finnpanel publishes last week's tv ratings.
Sub's share was 753 000, so the pay tv crowd was around 200K.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffman View Post
In Finland the channels with pay tv services have been making heavy losses lately and have found out they're not getting their investment back via subscribers. Bonnier owns MTV3 which has rights to World Championships on all levels (though they are obligated by law to show Finland's games and the medal round on free tv from the men's tournament), EPL, UCL, F1 plus various winter sports. They had to lay off a lot of people and drop La Liga after posting record losses. Nelonen has Liiga rights and supposedly want to re-negotiate that contract because the amount of subscribers is way less than they expected. Does Viasat have money to acquire "everything" in Sweden?

Old
01-08-2014, 06:40 PM
wirelessflyingcord
An Oxymoron

Quote:
The 2014 World Junior Hockey Championship wrapped up as the most-watched non-North American World Juniors ever and doubled the audience of last year's tournament. Canada's 5-1 loss to Finland in the semifinal ranks as the tournament's most-watched game with a record 2.7 million viewers, the largest ever for a World Juniors game played outside of North America, and winning Saturday as the most-watched program on Canadian television.
http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/story/?id=440560

Closed Thread