HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

So basically Chris Kreider is Tony Amonte

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-06-2014, 05:59 PM
  #51
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,811
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyFotiu View Post
Having you say that just reinforces my belief that its a good comparison of skating and shooting skills.
Im sure you'll take it as some sort of shot at Kreider, but its really reacting to the slap in the face you delivered to Mike Gartner

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2014, 06:20 PM
  #52
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UES
Posts: 6,621
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
Kovalev?

It is amazing how many things you have gotten wrong in a tstarted.
Kovalev was my favorite player.. whoops.

But I hope you feel better about yourself after your comment.

KreiMeARiver* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2014, 06:30 PM
  #53
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup
 
GWOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 14,479
vCash: 500
Kreider is a cross between Guerin and Deadmarsh. Amonte was a perimeter finesse player who was more of a natural goal scorer. His shot was world elite.....way better than Guerin or Kreider.

But Amonte was a soft player. Hated dirty work. Matador defense, lazy backcheck. A spectator and cherry picker, but with world class offensive skills.

To be honest, Kreider reminds me more of Roenick than Amonte. Kreider can set up plays. A move to center wouldnt be a bad thing.

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2014, 06:35 PM
  #54
NickyFotiu
Registered User
 
NickyFotiu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,562
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Im sure you'll take it as some sort of shot at Kreider, but its really reacting to the slap in the face you delivered to Mike Gartner
Mike Gartner was one of my favorite players ever. In fact he was playing for the Caps in the first game I ever saw at MS Comparing his powerful skating stride and shooting was not a insult to either player.

NickyFotiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2014, 06:52 PM
  #55
RangersHank*
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 2,009
vCash: 500
I think Chris Kreider isssssssss..........Chris Kreider?

RangersHank* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2014, 06:53 PM
  #56
ecemleafs
Registered User
 
ecemleafs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 10,177
vCash: 500
Hes a bigger Taylor Hall.

ecemleafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2014, 06:55 PM
  #57
RangersHank*
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 2,009
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecemleafs View Post
Hes a bigger Taylor Hall.
Hall is a better scorer than Kreider. No

RangersHank* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2014, 07:04 PM
  #58
Zamboner
Your move, creep.
 
Zamboner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,649
vCash: 500
Faster Todd Bertuzzi.

Zamboner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2014, 08:57 PM
  #59
chosen
Registered User
 
chosen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,625
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KreiMeARiver View Post
Kovalev was my favorite player.. whoops.

But I hope you feel better about yourself after your comment.
I feel fine, thank you.

When you make 3 or 4 statements that are just outright false in one thread, I will point it out.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2014, 09:34 PM
  #60
Baby Punisher
Registered User
 
Baby Punisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 2,506
vCash: 500
Hope he does it for many years to come in Ranger Blue.

Baby Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2014, 01:39 AM
  #61
gravey9
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 311
vCash: 500
He's a cross between Radek Dvorak meets Adam Graves. Speed of Dvorak. Power of Graves. It's possible his shot is better than both. But closer to Graves.

gravey9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2014, 01:54 AM
  #62
Ola
Registered User
 
Ola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 17,547
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravey9 View Post
He's a cross between Radek Dvorak meets Adam Graves. Speed of Dvorak. Power of Graves. It's possible his shot is better than both. But closer to Graves.
Wow, I saw the hits on Toots. We need to start to mention Hollweg in there too!

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2014, 07:05 AM
  #63
dedalus
Registered User
 
dedalus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 7,215
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Not so sure about that. Will never need to find out.
Agreed. Often forgotten in that discussion is that Keenan's distaste for Amonte and his game had relegated the kid to 4th line duty, a place where he most certainly wasn't helping the team. Couldn't help the team in fact. Matteau and Noonan for Amonte was a highly productive trade, adding defense and power to a team that needed the second especially. The Rangers don't win the Cup without Matteau and with Amonte getting only 6 minutes a game on the 4th line.

The Gartner trade was utterly useless. He'd already demonstrated real chemistry with Nemchinov and was always productive. That's the only trade from the year that should not have happened. It made the team worse, not better.

dedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2014, 08:07 AM
  #64
Miamipuck
Al Swearengen
 
Miamipuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Take a Wild Guess
Posts: 1,206
vCash: 500
I see Kreider as a speedier version of Dave Semenko.

Miamipuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2014, 08:16 AM
  #65
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,811
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus View Post
Agreed. Often forgotten in that discussion is that Keenan's distaste for Amonte and his game had relegated the kid to 4th line duty, a place where he most certainly wasn't helping the team. Couldn't help the team in fact. Matteau and Noonan for Amonte was a highly productive trade, adding defense and power to a team that needed the second especially. The Rangers don't win the Cup without Matteau and with Amonte getting only 6 minutes a game on the 4th line.

The Gartner trade was utterly useless. He'd already demonstrated real chemistry with Nemchinov and was always productive. That's the only trade from the year that should not have happened. It made the team worse, not better.
Its easy to say that "we would've had an easier time in '94" with Amonte and Gartner because they were prolific goal scorers. On paper, it looks nice. But the '92 team headed into the playoffs with a wealth of offensive talent and lost in disappointing fashion.

I think the additions of Larmer, Noonan, Matteau, and Anderson added another dimension to the team, making them more difficult to play against and more well-rounded.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2014, 08:18 AM
  #66
Raspewtin
Early To The Party
 
Raspewtin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Howard Beach, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,809
vCash: 500
Chris Kreider should not be compared to Gartner, who's a top 10 goal scorer of all time.

I'm done trying to compare Kreider to anyone, he's just Kreider. Very unique.

__________________
Raspewtin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2014, 08:27 AM
  #67
Miamipuck
Al Swearengen
 
Miamipuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Take a Wild Guess
Posts: 1,206
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspewtin View Post
Chris Kreider should not be compared to Gartner, who's a top 10 goal scorer of all time.

I'm done trying to compare Kreider to anyone, he's just Kreider. Very unique.
There is nothing remotely similar between Kreider and Gartner. I honestly think people never watched Gartner play if they're saying that.

Miamipuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2014, 08:46 AM
  #68
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UES
Posts: 6,621
vCash: 500
The point of the thread wasn't necessarily to compare him to Amonte exactly in terms of the player/playing styles but moreso that he's our first homegrown American sniper since Amonte.

KreiMeARiver* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2014, 08:46 AM
  #69
NickyFotiu
Registered User
 
NickyFotiu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,562
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miamipuck View Post
There is nothing remotely similar between Kreider and Gartner. I honestly think people never watched Gartner play if they're saying that.
I watched Mike since his rookie season as a Cap. He was a Cap at my first game ever at MSG. So was Bobby Carpenter. People are not speaking in terms of production. We are talking about powerful skating strides. Mike used to wind himself up like a rocket just like Chris. Both have hard snap shots. The big skills difference is that Chris has not shown the slap shot that Mike used yet. Mike scored a ton of goals with a blast off the rush.

NickyFotiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2014, 09:36 AM
  #70
Miamipuck
Al Swearengen
 
Miamipuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Take a Wild Guess
Posts: 1,206
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyFotiu View Post
I watched Mike since his rookie season as a Cap. He was a Cap at my first game ever at MSG. So was Bobby Carpenter. People are not speaking in terms of production. We are talking about powerful skating strides. Mike used to wind himself up like a rocket just like Chris. Both have hard snap shots. The big skills difference is that Chris has not shown the slap shot that Mike used yet. Mike scored a ton of goals with a blast off the rush.
I watched Gartner the same as you, they're nothing alike. Gartner's stride is not the same at all he was so low to the ice. I don't see a similarity in the least and I can't think of one older player that Kreider reminds me of.

If you think Kreider winds himself up why not compare him to this guy:


Miamipuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2014, 09:39 AM
  #71
chosen
Registered User
 
chosen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,625
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KreiMeARiver View Post
The point of the thread wasn't necessarily to compare him to Amonte exactly in terms of the player/playing styles but moreso that he's our first homegrown American sniper since Amonte.
The point made here is entirely different from your original post. Hence, all the disagreement.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2014, 09:44 AM
  #72
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UES
Posts: 6,621
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
The point made here is entirely different from your original post. Hence, all the disagreement.
it's supposed to be a fun thread, dude... take it as you wish.

KreiMeARiver* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2014, 10:14 AM
  #73
NickyFotiu
Registered User
 
NickyFotiu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,562
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miamipuck View Post
I watched Gartner the same as you, they're nothing alike. Gartner's stride is not the same at all he was so low to the ice. I don't see a similarity in the least and I can't think of one older player that Kreider reminds me of.

If you think Kreider winds himself up why not compare him to this guy:

I agree that Gartner would bend more while skating. I was more commenting on the power in their respective strides.

Paul Coffey became one of the greatest skaters I have ever seen so I'm happy to hear his name mentioned. Paul had such smooth skating that he would blow by people effortlessly at times. Ironically Pauls skating was once looked at as a weakness but he dedicated himself to learning powerskating and the results were amazing. Its harder for me to compare Paul since he is coming from the defense with the puck already on his stick not winding himself up as a wing for a breakout pass.

NickyFotiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2014, 10:19 AM
  #74
Wolfy
The Hobbit Rules!
 
Wolfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 3,296
vCash: 500
Will Kreider receive a suspension today? Was a shoulder to shoulder hit, but hard to say watching this video.

Very similar to a hit from behind by a CBJ player 5 days ago, he was suspended 3 games.


Wolfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2014, 10:49 AM
  #75
Levitate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,528
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyFotiu View Post
I watched Mike since his rookie season as a Cap. He was a Cap at my first game ever at MSG. So was Bobby Carpenter. People are not speaking in terms of production. We are talking about powerful skating strides. Mike used to wind himself up like a rocket just like Chris. Both have hard snap shots. The big skills difference is that Chris has not shown the slap shot that Mike used yet. Mike scored a ton of goals with a blast off the rush.
Can't really consistently score goals with a slapshot off the rush these days either, goalies are too good.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:27 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.